**OFFICIAL** Entry Level 2016 Samsung 4K UHD KU6300/6500/6600 Series TV Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 388Likes

post #1861 of 2409 Old 02-28-2017, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidtv123 View Post
jra2k1, keep us posted on your audio issues! I'm hoping this update fixes my soundbar audio problem. I am using a 6290 with the K550 soundbar + wireless rear speakers.

There is some compatibility problem with this TV using ARC, and Dolby Digital because my audio intermittently drops when using TV apps, DirecTV, and Xbox One S. All connected via HDMI cables to the TV, then out to the soundbar using HDMI ARC.

I can eliminate the problem by selecting PCM audio, but then I loose the 5.1 sound for games and movies.

I haven't got the update yet, but I really hope this is the fix.

I guess the other option is to quit using ARC, but everyone in the house loves the simplicity of adjusting volume with the TV remote.

So far still no audio drops with Dolby Digital. This is really good cause before I'd get at least one audio drop or cut during a show.

However if I use DTS 2.5 I still get bad audio delays.

The picture still is coming before the audio so it can't be fixed Samsungs audio delay setting adjustment.

Still I'm happy this update as it's fixed the audio drops with my LG sound bar so far and Dolby Digital 5.1 . I will keep you posted!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 2409 Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I have some color problems with this TV. I got the 50" KU6300 from Costco and I have my Xbox One S plugged into HDMI1.

I use the Xbox for most everything, UHD blurays, regular blurays, games, netflix and vudu. The games look amazing, UHD blurays look amazing and Netflix always looks great BUT any time I use vudu (hd or uhd) or play some 1080p blurays there is major color saturation especially in reds. Vehicle break lights, red clothing anything like that looks like a flipping red blob on the screen. I find myself always having to change in and out of HDR mode (I don't use this on 1080 stuff obviously) and swapping between either Movie, Standard or Natural to make it look right.

Also its not just the Xbox One S with the problem, I've connected my Roku 4 and Vudu still looks like crap on there.

Does anyone else have these over saturations of red or crappy looking black levels in dark scenes? Sometimes dark backgrounds look like they are made up of about 3 shades of black. Maybe I need to calibrate? Please help!

Thanks.
post #1863 of 2409 Old 02-28-2017, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkss12 View Post
What country are you in?
Got it to work w/ help from vpnguru, and can connect to my NAS Emby server. I don't find it any better than Plex though, when playing video, it doesn't recognize remote button presses (ie. Right key=fast forward, Left key=rewind, etc) nor has any playback interface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1864 of 2409 Old 02-28-2017, 08:31 PM

Does anyone else have this issue with the Samsung bluetooth smart remote where it does not turn on the tv if its been off for a long time?

The only way I can get it to work if I manually turn on the tv or if i use my other remote for my telus cable box. So odd.

The light on the remote wont come on if the tv has been off for a long time 5 hours or more. However, if it's only been an hour or two the remote works fine for turning the tv on.

post #1865 of 2409 Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked: 2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra2k1 View Post
Does anyone else have this issue with the Samsung bluetooth smart remote where it does not turn on the tv if its been off for a long time?

The only way I can get it to work if I manually turn on the tv or if i use my other remote for my telus cable box. So odd.

The light on the remote wont come on if the tv has been off for a long time 5 hours or more. However, if it's only been an hour or two the remote works fine for turning the tv on.

No set time or rhyme or reason but yes on occasion the remote wont turn the tv on. Once on the remote works fine.
post #1866 of 2409 Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hall 2 View Post
Hello,

I have some color problems with this TV. I got the 50" KU6300 from Costco and I have my Xbox One S plugged into HDMI1.

I use the Xbox for most everything, UHD blurays, regular blurays, games, netflix and vudu. The games look amazing, UHD blurays look amazing and Netflix always looks great BUT any time I use vudu (hd or uhd) or play some 1080p blurays there is major color saturation especially in reds. Vehicle break lights, red clothing anything like that looks like a flipping red blob on the screen. I find myself always having to change in and out of HDR mode (I don't use this on 1080 stuff obviously) and swapping between either Movie, Standard or Natural to make it look right.

Also its not just the Xbox One S with the problem, I've connected my Roku 4 and Vudu still looks like crap on there.

Does anyone else have these over saturations of red or crappy looking black levels in dark scenes? Sometimes dark backgrounds look like they are made up of about 3 shades of black. Maybe I need to calibrate? Please help!

Thanks.
Hi I use a PS4 Pro for games and blu Ray (not UHD blu Ray) and I think the TV up scales the blu rays really well games look great. I have HDMI 1 set up on the PS4 Pro with UHD colour always on. That being said the PS4 Pro Video output setting are set to automatic which is recommended.

Maybe it would be worthwhile getting a calibration disk and setting it up with that to see if it makes any difference.

I compare against coming from a 60 inch Samsung plasma to this TV and I have an LG UH8500v in the living room. I think the blacks on this tv are good. I'm no expert though I like a good picture.
post #1867 of 2409 Old 03-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the input on that.

I did end up setting the movie mode to some recommended setting that someone posted here and it really seemed to help with the saturation.

I'm now using movie mode for everything expect 4K and games like Halo 5, the HDR + looks really good for those uses.

I watched The Arrival on blu-ray (HD) on the new movie mode settings and wasn't distracted by any issues so I guess thats good.

Thanks.
post #1868 of 2409 Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can anyone point out any settings for PC use with the 6290 series.. i just got the 40" samsung..

I have an active DP to HDMI (club3d dp 1.2 to hdmi 2.0) cable going to HDMI 1 on the tv (the one that says DVI)..

I tweaked settings as best I could and at this point I have it at 4:4:4 in nvidia and 60hz.

I switched on game mode in the settings, left the input set to HDMI/DVI (switching to PC looked not so great, washed out)..

My settings are:

Picture Mode: Game
Backlight 20
Brightness 47
Contrast 91
Sharpness 0
Color 61 (maybe a tad high) (lowered to 54)
Tint G50
HDMI UHD Color set to On
Dynamic Contrast High
Color Tone Warm1
Gamma 0
Color space Native

All other fields are greyed out. I have the latest firmware.

I played with these settings for quite a while and feel maybe they are as good as it gets.. it certainly isnt "bad", however, hooking up my M43-C1 Vizio seems to show a slightly sharper image which puzzles me (2014/15 tv).

Turning HDR to on without game mode looked worse to me.

I'm not getting any sort of mouse ghosting.

I have text size in windows 10 set to 200%, though 100% small but usable.. 300% the default seems to big (unsure but i think 200 is ok)..

EDIT: i'm not positive, but i think the text looks a little sharper if i actually switch to RGB mode in Nvidia rather than 4:4:4 (confused on that).

Anyone with a pc and a 6300/6290 can comment here?

Thanks

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com

Last edited by markm75; 03-02-2017 at 09:44 AM.
post #1869 of 2409 Old 03-02-2017, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
I watched The Arrival on blu-ray (HD) on the new movie mode settings and wasn't distracted by any issues so I guess thats good.

Thanks.
In my opinion, what you mentioned above is key, that is, when you can totally forget about the tv and just enjoy the movie.
joe221 and jra2k1 like this.
post #1870 of 2409 Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Liked: 10
Noticed firmware update 1167 posted February 28, 2017 according to Samsung support web site. This one has not yet been pushed to Internet connected TVs; however, I believe it may be since it is not of the 1165.x type. As usual the Samsung support web site offers no specific information about the improvements incorporated in this update.

KU6300 series owner
post #1871 of 2409 Old 03-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help with connecting PC and PS4 Pro to KU6300

I currently have both a PS4 Pro and a PC with GTX970. I plan to do PC gaming at 1080P resolution since the 970 would struggle at 4k resolution. So if I run my PS4 Pro on HDMI 1 to enable HDR and use HDMI 2 for PC gaming at 1080p resolutions, what is the downside of using PC on HDMI 2? On HDMI 2, will this TV still do 4:4:4 @ 60Mhz with 1080p resolution? Thanks.
post #1872 of 2409 Old 03-02-2017, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgamer View Post
I currently have both a PS4 Pro and a PC with GTX970. I plan to do PC gaming at 1080P resolution since the 970 would struggle at 4k resolution. So if I run my PS4 Pro on HDMI 1 to enable HDR and use HDMI 2 for PC gaming at 1080p resolutions, what is the downside of using PC on HDMI 2? On HDMI 2, will this TV still do 4:4:4 @ 60Mhz with 1080p resolution? Thanks.
I'm not positive on the other ports question..

But, did you compare HDR on and off.. are you setting it to HDMI UHD On, setting the hdmi1 edit type to hdmi1/dvi or pc.. i found dvi to be better, then turned game mode on.. (settings a few posts back)

When game mode was off.. i tried HDR on (i dont think it worked with game mode on).. it didnt look as good.. also neither did 4:4:4 60, i am at 60hz RGB now for nvidia..(unsure why).

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
post #1873 of 2409 Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the input on that.

I did end up setting the movie mode to some recommended setting that someone posted here and it really seemed to help with the saturation.

I'm now using movie mode for everything expect 4K and games like Halo 5, the HDR + looks really good for those uses.

Thanks.
Hi are you using HDR + for gaming?, I use Game mode for gaming and find it works and looks good also for the low input lag which the TV boasts. I've not used HDR + mode much at all.

What mode are you watching 4K in? I watch all Movies on Movie mode Warm 2 and 1080i TV on standard now and again.
post #1874 of 2409 Old 03-03-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

For those using one of these sets for PC use.. what mode did you find best.. IE: HDMI1/DVI, or switch that input to the "Type" of "PC".. and in windows 4:4:4 or RGB+Full?

I'm having an issue where if you type on a white background, black text, you can almost see the cursor a few characters before when you stop.. not sure if this can even be fixed, might be lag, response time or backlight bleeding.. though it is minor, but more so than i can even see at 4:2:0 on my Vizio M43-C1.. and wondering if its just common (some worse) to all UHD Tvs as monitors, even the sony x800D (another consideration)?

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
post #1875 of 2409 Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Noticing some annoying things with my KU6300, is it normal?

Anything with a menu, roku, nintendo switch, has some really obvious trailing/ghosting effect going on, it's almost nauseating after awhile. I don't notice any ghosting however during actual gameplay or movies.

Second, I periodically notice a very apparent posterize type effect, where there's no gradient at all just steps of color/value. I see it in movies in dark scenes, and it can be pretty apparent in Roku apps navigating. I have no idea what causes it or if it's a limitation of the TV.
post #1876 of 2409 Old 03-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut21 View Post
Noticing some annoying things with my KU6300, is it normal?

Anything with a menu, roku, nintendo switch, has some really obvious trailing/ghosting effect going on, it's almost nauseating after awhile. I don't notice any ghosting however during actual gameplay or movies.

Second, I periodically notice a very apparent posterize type effect, where there's no gradient at all just steps of color/value. I see it in movies in dark scenes, and it can be pretty apparent in Roku apps navigating. I have no idea what causes it or if it's a limitation of the TV.

I get the posterization with streaming media on both my LG and Samsung tvs. You can minimize it but not eliminate it by disabling dynamic contrast and using moving mode. I don't get it with Blu Ray films. Has more to do with the compression. Apparently Netflix is working on improving the image quality by a great deal with a much more efficient codec.

As for the trailing and ghosting you can turn down your tvs backlight or use the LED clear motion under auto motion plus to reduce the effect. Some menus don't have a smooth transition so they jump quickly due to lack of frames for the menu. It can be especially bad with white backgrounds and dark menu items.

Astronaut21 likes this.
post #1877 of 2409 Old 03-04-2017, 02:24 PM

As a side note. The issue with picture quality whether it's judder, ghosting, macro blocking or posterization is the source material and device to the tv has to be determined to be offering the best picture possible before you can fault the tv. This can be difficult to determine too if you have only one way of watching that film or show.

I tried watching NHL hockey on the Apple TV through Center Ice and I experienced ghosting. However the same game on my cable box had no issues with ghosting. I could eliminate the ghosting by enabling auto motion plus for the Apple TV playing center ice. I find I have to tinker with my tvs picture setting depending on the source.

post #1878 of 2409 Old 03-04-2017, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I finally understand how to recognize ghosting and have an easy test that proved it for me.

Far Cry 4, near the beginning of the game, you are downstairs in the hallway.. there are beams above your head.. if you rotate the view back and forth so these beams move, you will see a shadow of the beam for about 1 second as you move your head.. this is even after fully tweaking and setting to game mode.. here i'm referring to the PC version with RGB/Full set.

I did this same test on the XBR43X800D 43" uhd sony and did not have this issue.. i also didnt get the shadow of the cursor when typing in notepad with black text on white background on the sony. The response rates are quite different on these two sets. Its just a matter of whether you notice it and are bothered enough by it.

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
post #1879 of 2409 Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
I finally understand how to recognize ghosting and have an easy test that proved it for me.

Far Cry 4, near the beginning of the game, you are downstairs in the hallway.. there are beams above your head.. if you rotate the view back and forth so these beams move, you will see a shadow of the beam for about 1 second as you move your head.. this is even after fully tweaking and setting to game mode.. here i'm referring to the PC version with RGB/Full set.

I did this same test on the XBR43X800D 43" uhd sony and did not have this issue.. i also didnt get the shadow of the cursor when typing in notepad with black text on white background on the sony. The response rates are quite different on these two sets. Its just a matter of whether you notice it and are bothered enough by it.

I've been told Sony has quite good motion handling over any other manufacturer.

post #1880 of 2409 Old 03-05-2017, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Torbert View Post
Noticed firmware update 1167 posted February 28, 2017 according to Samsung support web site. This one has not yet been pushed to Internet connected TVs; however, I believe it may be since it is not of the 1165.x type. As usual the Samsung support web site offers no specific information about the improvements incorporated in this update.

KU6300 series owner
I saw this on the website as well, have you tried to update with the 1167? I wonder if it will finally fix the green corruption screen upon power on..
I guess I'll wait till they push this update via internet.
post #1881 of 2409 Old 03-05-2017, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Flash Player Problems

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and tv, I've been trying to watch nhl hockey via my nhl.tv subscription and I get a flash player needed box whenever I try. I get an option to install 2 different versions of flash from the Adobe site and I'm wondering if flash can be installed and what version should be used? I'm really nervous about doing this as I dont want to brick my new tv. It's a shame that every other major sport has an app available for this tv, but the NHL does not.
post #1882 of 2409 Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgzzrr View Post
Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and tv, I've been trying to watch nhl hockey via my nhl.tv subscription and I get a flash player needed box whenever I try. I get an option to install 2 different versions of flash from the Adobe site and I'm wondering if flash can be installed and what version should be used? I'm really nervous about doing this as I dont want to brick my new tv. It's a shame that every other major sport has an app available for this tv, but the NHL does not.
Flash Player is not compatible with the Tizen OS which Samsung uses for its TVs.
post #1883 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Guys,

Do the native Netflix software that comes with the TV works with HDR and 4K for the stated titles or do i have to activate something?
I know i have to activate the UHD Color for a HDMI connection that supports HDR (like my PS4 Slim), and it pop ups when the HDR is working. But when it comes to the programs of the Smartv, like Netflix, nothing popups, so i dont know if the HDR or 4K is working for the stated titles. Don't know if i'ts standard for the TV and manual for HDMI connection. Could someone give me a light?
post #1884 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I finally found some time to play around and test out the 1165 update. It seems to have resolved my HDMI/ARC, Dolby Digital audio drop issue.

I have tested Spotify as a stereo source and DirecTV and Xbox One S running Bitstream / Dolby Digital and I have not noticed a single issue with the audio dropping out. I'm very happy that this is resolved! Thanks everyone for sharing on this forum.
post #1885 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Universal remote controlling receiver

Has anyone had any luck using the universal remote to control an audio receiver connected via optical? I performed the configuration and the test is successful...it powered on the receiver and acts like everything is fine. But then when I go back and look at the list of sources it is not there. If I go back to the remote setup, the receiver is listed and if I click on the receiver device and select setup, then click on optical from the list, it shows an image of the receiver connected to the tv, but next to then tv it says "invalid". It's a fairly recent Denon receiver but no ARC, fyi.

The remote works fine to control a bluray connected to the tv through the receiver, but still no ability to control power or volume of the receiver.

Seems funny that the test works but beyond that it doesnt even recognize the receiver
post #1886 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slazyel View Post
Do the native Netflix software that comes with the TV works with HDR and 4K for the stated titles or do i have to activate something?

I know i have to activate the UHD Color for a HDMI connection that supports HDR (like my PS4 Slim), and it pop ups when the HDR is working. But when it comes to the programs of the Smartv, like Netflix, nothing popups, so i dont know if the HDR or 4K is working for the stated titles. Don't know if it's standard for the TV and manual for HDMI connection. Could someone give me a light?

Yes it works. You just have to be on Netflix's highest 4K plan. The shows that are in UHD HDR will have the HDR symbol beside the title.

Netflix does NOT pop-up a notice on the TV. Check to see that your "Backlight" and "Contrast" settings go to their maximum values.

No you don't have to change a setting in the TV. The "HDMI UHD Color" setting only applies to the HDMI input.

Richard
SamBerts and Slazyel like this.
post #1887 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 03:20 PM

I've not managed to try it out on the LG 60UH850v yet but the game Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing on this TV through the PS4 pro even if it's supposed to be inferior HDR capability. Detail is stunning.
post #1888 of 2409 Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerts View Post
I've not managed to try it out on the LG 60UH850v yet but the game Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing on this TV through the PS4 pro even if it's supposed to be inferior HDR capability. Detail is stunning.
Out of curiosity, what are your settings? I ask because most HDR games on the PS4 have been disappointing on this TV.
post #1889 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW23 View Post
I saw this on the website as well, have you tried to update with the 1167? I wonder if it will finally fix the green corruption screen upon power on..
I guess I'll wait till they push this update via internet.
I am likewise waiting. I have seen no postings here nor on the Samsung Community forum to report successes or problems with 1167.
post #1890 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi Guys,
I noticed a pretty big problem that Samsungs SUHD TV's were having with Atmos Soundbars not being supported over ARC for Netflix, Amazon, or Plex apps, which was ridiculous considering these tv's are considered cream of the crop over at samsung. So I created a petition which I do hope Samsung will consider within future firmware updated.

I've seen these petitions work for LG and their Game Mode issues. Let's get this one rolling for this issue and see where it takes us.

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-dol...amsung-suhd-tv

Let's get this up to 200 signatures. Shouldn't take long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page