**OFFICIAL** Entry Level 2016 Samsung 4K UHD KU6300/6500/6600 Series TV Thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 388Likes

post #1891 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have to catch up on this thread but about a week ago or so i returned my tv to the store for a replacement. Same model. I no longer have the bright and dark areas on my screen or the dead pixels that showed up. Although this one seems to have more judder but the last few days it has got better i think and the tv is looking even better now and judder seems to have diminished some. I hate soap opera effect so i didn't enable judder control. I tried it and while it did help with the crappy file i was playing it still had judder and a soap opera effect like hyper movement that isnt natural even set to 4 and on 8 was just unwatchable and i turned judder control right back off. eww now i know what soap opera effect is. These tv's are not created equal i am sure some don't have judder and some do depending on if you are lucky. Could just be me or crappy files i was playing. Don't expect to get one without judder they all have some judder. At first when i got this tv the menu's and things lagged but that has went away so it is possible it just needed a break in and had lots of task going on in the background after the first setup. The screen seems to look quite a bit better now too. I just ended up with a bad one the first time around. I am also able to turn backlight down a little more. I have it set on 8 as anything brighter and a dark room about blinds you when a commercial with a pure white background comes on screen.

Now the only issues i have are software. The Tv tuner don't let you do an update scan. Could not get all my OTA channels scanned in at the same time as i live in an area i have to turn my antenna. My old 2001 dtv converter box had an update scan scan option that didn't clear the list and added new channels to the list of channels that was already scanned in. I rely on over the air programming. I get that a lot of people live in cities so they have cable and the fact that if your in a city ota don't work so great if at all because of all the interference from everything else.

Im 3 and a half miles out from a small town in a little community that has no cable ran out here what so ever. its either dish direct tv or something and the price is way to high for us to afford. We already pay over 40 a month and probably close to 50 for 1 megabit DSL. Just enough to stream at low quality as long as now one else is downloading or loads a webpage with videos or lots of pictures or a heavy page and we complain all the time and they won't increase the speed out here as the market is oversold and they refuse to update their equipment and lines. We get 30 times slower for the same price they pay for in town 3 and a half miles away! As a matter of fact one and a half miles down the road they have fiber but we can't get anything here. This is where the government needs to step in and regulate as we are getting ripped off many times over by our phone company. We have four people living here all fighting each other for bandwidth. Arguments ensue.

We need a Smart TV Jailbreak. Please Please someone out there Jailbreak our tv's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Torbert View Post
Noticed firmware update 1167 posted February 28, 2017 according to Samsung support web site. This one has not yet been pushed to Internet connected TVs; however, I believe it may be since it is not of the 1165.x type. As usual the Samsung support web site offers no specific information about the improvements incorporated in this update.

KU6300 series owner
I would really like to know what is added, removed or fixed in updates. Now the question is should i update manually? Why do some only show up on the website and some only show up on the tv. It is a confusing mess of update procedure. I wonder if i should just hold off on the update but it is easier for me to go to the website and use downthemall to download the update than to leave a menu on screen for hours on my tv to update as it takes me a little over an hour and a half to download 700 megabyte and the updates are over a gigabyte.

We need a Smart TV Jailbreak. Please Please someone out there Jailbreak our tv's!
post #1893 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsuki View Post
Out of curiosity, what are your settings? I ask because most HDR games on the PS4 have been disappointing on this TV.
Hi this game is a PS4 exclusive so there's supposed to be a bit of showboating going on. I think it's great, visuals look good. I've only really played 2 HDR games this one and Resident Evil biohazard which also looks good.

Off the top of my head I calibrated this TV using a disk to my preference but some settings are similar to another members calibration.

I'm have it on Game Mode.
Backlight 20 (HDR)
Brightness 47
Contrast 95
Sharpness 50 (21-27 movies )
Colour 56
Dynamic Contrast Medium ( looks quite dark without this on)
Black Auto
Warm 2
Colour space Native

I play lots of games when I have time, Destiny, Battlefield 1 and I think they all look good on this TV. I'm sure the PS4 Pro pushing 4K has something to do with it. I have a normal PS4 and I want to hook this up to the LG up scaled to see if it actually plays HDR to see how it looks. Obviously I want to compare the Samsung and the LG with the Pro as well. All settings on the PS4 Pro are set to Auto.

I've looked at Resident Evil Bio on the normal PS4 on an old Samsung Plasma I have and it looks far better on this Samsung.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1894 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerts View Post
Hi this game is a PS4 exclusive so there's supposed to be a bit of showboating going on. I think it's great, visuals look good. I've only really played 2 HDR games this one and Resident Evil biohazard which also looks good.

Off the top of my head I calibrated this TV using a disk to my preference but some settings are similar to another members calibration.

I'm have it on Game Mode.
Backlight 20 (HDR)
Brightness 47
Contrast 95
Sharpness 50 (21-27 movies )
Colour 56
Dynamic Contrast Medium ( looks quite dark without this on)
Black Auto
Warm 2
Colour space Native

I play lots of games when I have time, Destiny, Battlefield 1 and I think they all look good on this TV. I'm sure the PS4 Pro pushing 4K has something to do with it. I have a normal PS4 and I want to hook this up to the LG up scaled to see if it actually plays HDR to see how it looks. Obviously I want to compare the Samsung and the LG with the Pro as well. All settings on the PS4 Pro are set to Auto.

I've looked at Resident Evil Bio on the normal PS4 on an old Samsung Plasma I have and it looks far better on this Samsung.
Thanks for sharing your input. How do you find the motion blur performance with this TV versus your plasma for movies or sports?
post #1895 of 2409 Old 03-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Is the natgeo app working for anyone else? First it shows a dummy icon when added to home. I had it working earlier didn't play anything only activated it from dish. Get back home go to see what they have on it. It says not authorized. I click try again once or twice then it says congratulations then after that loads forever? Right now it is stuck loading forever. The hbogo app works fine. Weird because i seen the list of shows on it earlier closed app shut tv off.

Last edited by thebudman420; 03-07-2017 at 08:03 PM.
post #1896 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra2k1 View Post
Thanks for sharing your input. How do you find the motion blur performance with this TV versus your plasma for movies or sports?
Hi Ive not watched a lot of sports watched some rugby here a couple of weeks ago. I set it to sports mode but this was too " dynamic" in appearance for me so I set it to Standard Mode and it seems to be fine. I don't notice much motion blur Ive seen this on the LG and adjusted settings to stop this and I do see it on normal 1080i tv. I do have the setting on that helps with up to 1080i signals can't remember what it's called I have it on 1 although I think King Richard said 2.

I do notice Judder and I have that setting at 3. It all depends as people say here I'm sure on the quality of the signal. I've watched blu Ray through the PS4 Pro and had some on some films none on others. Also I watched the rugby I mentioned also on a non HD channel and it looked terrible on this tv. Anything else looks good. Thing is this TV was bought as a budget TV for a spare room for gaming and film watching and it performs well especially gaming using the PS4 Pro and blu Rays. Does what it says on the tin for me.

Does anyone know if the normal PS4 which is supposed to push HDR Will make an HDR tv recognise this / display that it is showing HDR like it does on the Pro ?
post #1897 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Hi Ive not watched a lot of sports watched some rugby here a couple of weeks ago. I set it to sports mode but this was too " dynamic" in appearance for me so I set it to Standard Mode and it seems to be fine. I don't notice much motion blur Ive seen this on the LG and adjusted settings to stop this and I do see it on normal 1080i tv. I do have the setting on that helps with up to 1080i signals can't remember what it's called I have it on 1 although I think King Richard said 2.

I do notice Judder and I have that setting at 3. It all depends as people say here I'm sure on the quality of the signal. I've watched blu Ray through the PS4 Pro and had some on some films none on others. Also I watched the rugby I mentioned also on a non HD channel and it looked terrible on this tv. Anything else looks good. Thing is this TV was bought as a budget TV for a spare room for gaming and film watching and it performs well especially gaming using the PS4 Pro and blu Rays. Does what it says on the tin for me.

Does anyone know if the normal PS4 which is supposed to push HDR Will make an HDR tv recognise this / display that it is showing HDR like it does on the Pro ?

Thanks answering that. Yes, the regular PS4 will push out HDR for games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #1898 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Yes it works. You just have to be on Netflix's highest 4K plan. The shows that are in UHD HDR will have the HDR symbol beside the title.

Netflix does NOT pop-up a notice on the TV. Check to see that your "Backlight" and "Contrast" settings go to their maximum values.

No you don't have to change a setting in the TV. The "HDMI UHD Color" setting only applies to the HDMI input.

Richard
Have you looked at Daredevil on there? The HDR seems to make the show darker. Is this a limit of the TV's HDR performance, or is it the shows processing? I've had to turn up Dynamic Contrast to Max when watching it.
post #1899 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I need a little guidance. I feel like I'm in a bit of a catch-22 situation. I have a 70" KU6300 and a HW-K950. In order to take advantage of Dolby Atmos, I think I'm supposed to connect the PS4 or Shield TV (I have both) to the soundbar. However, if I plug the soundbar into HDMI1 to get HDR too, that won't work since it's not ARC too. If I plug the PS4 and Shield into HDMI1 (through my 4k switch), I can get HDR but not Atmos. Is there anything I can do or should I just compromise and use ARC so I can have awesome sound and a great picture despite not being able to use HDR? Or is there some sort of workaround I can do? Appreciate any advice.
post #1900 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmfisher View Post
Have you looked at Daredevil on there? The HDR seems to make the show darker. Is this a limit of the TV's HDR performance, or is it the shows processing? I've had to turn up Dynamic Contrast to Max when watching it.

Hi yes from what I reading HDR does this that's why the backlight needs to be ramped up to max. I'm sure I read that it really doesn't have any effect during the day/ bright rooms and certainly to me looks a lot better in a dim room.

I hear what you are saying about the dynamic contrast I'm using it on medium on HDR games as it makes it better looking.
This might be as the TV doesn't have local dimming, not sure.
King Richard likes this.
post #1901 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
I seemed to have lost the ability to adjust the picture size (i.e. zoom). Says 'This function isn't available'. It used to work prior to 1162. Perhaps I've inadvertently changed a setting that prohibits this function.
Hi, I seem to be having this exact same problem, having gotten an update recently to my KU6300. I had never really messed with the picture size setting before, but I had one device that seemed to have bad overscan (or other cropping issue) when on the default 16:9 TV setting. I switched it to "custom" just a few days ago and it fits well. But now I can't change this setting for this, or any other input. They all seem to be locked at whatever setting they were at recently.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone else please confirm that "picture size" is no longer a changeable setting?
post #1902 of 2409 Old 03-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Well, I've just seen the followup post that explains that the subsequent update fixes the issue. Doh, thanks. To make myself look even more foolish, I can't for the life of me seem to find the button to edit my post, so I apologize for the double post.
post #1903 of 2409 Old 03-09-2017, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3227 Post(s)
Liked: 2534
Just received firmware 1167.
post #1904 of 2409 Old 03-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Who here uses subtitles on the internal media player, like when playing from your NAS?

Where does it fetch the subtitles from, does it go to opensubtitles.org or does it only play local subtitle files?
post #1905 of 2409 Old 03-09-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Just received firmware 1167.
ditto

super dirty , super clean , pow
post #1906 of 2409 Old 03-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFeestneus View Post
Who here uses subtitles on the internal media player, like when playing from your NAS?

Where does it fetch the subtitles from, does it go to opensubtitles.org or does it only play local subtitle files?
It either plays the accompanying subtitle file (.srt, .sub, etc) with the video, or the video file has the subtitles embedded into them.

Anyone know a way to set the default subtitle playback to Off? I hate having to turn it off every time I play a video.
post #1907 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 07:38 AM

Got the 1167 update last night, and once again the picture size option is disabled. This is incredibly frustrating. I have no idea why they are messing with the ability to use this very basic function. Is anyone else having this issue on 1167?
post #1908 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
55KU6290.
I downloaded the 1167 update to USB and loaded it. I'm now getting HDCP errors on HDMI 1 (where I have the cable input). The very first time I got this error I was getting it on both HDMI 1 & 2 (where I have my Roku 2 input), but now it seems to be only with the cable. I have Xfinity with the X1 box. Here's what I have done:
Power cycled cable box-no change
Swapped inputs-no change
Unplugged and plugged in cord-no change
Factory reset-no change
Swapped cords-no change
Plugged cord into another set while HDCP error was on screen-this brought the picture back on the other set, then when replugged into the Sammy, picture was back
Power cycled set-this brought the picture back
I thought maybe it was because I had the set connected via Ethernet, but it made no difference when switching to WiFi.
Chat suggested the Factory reset and to report back. I don't want to schedule a service visit if it's going to result in me getting a refurb back.
Can anyone comment on whether or not using an HDMI switch really works? If you go Amazon there are all kinds of conflicting reports about this. I love this set and I got it for an insanely low price from Walmart (got the last one in the entire area), but I'm still within the return period. Would a Vizio E55-E1 be comparable at the same price?
post #1909 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpiskin View Post
I need a little guidance. I feel like I'm in a bit of a catch-22 situation. I have a 70" KU6300 and a HW-K950. In order to take advantage of Dolby Atmos, I think I'm supposed to connect the PS4 or Shield TV (I have both) to the soundbar. However, if I plug the soundbar into HDMI1 to get HDR too, that won't work since it's not ARC too. If I plug the PS4 and Shield into HDMI1 (through my 4k switch), I can get HDR but not Atmos. Is there anything I can do or should I just compromise and use ARC so I can have awesome sound and a great picture despite not being able to use HDR? Or is there some sort of workaround I can do? Appreciate any advice.
If you want Dolby Atmos and HDR, you need to connect your PS4/Shield TV to the inputs on the HW-K950. The soundbar will decode Atmos and pass through the 4K/HDR video via it's HDMI ARC output. (This seems to work with most devices, except the X-Box One S for some reason.) Like you said - you need to connect the HDMI cable from the soundbar to the HDMI1 on the TV, since that is the only input that will accept an HDR signal. You won't have (or really need) ARC because of this, so to switch inputs between the PS4 and Nvidia Shield, you'll have to use the soundbar remote... The sound bar is essentially acting as a receiver at this point.

If you watch OTA tv and want sound out to the soundbar, you'll have to use an optical cable to your soundbar.

-Ryan
King Richard likes this.
post #1910 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique0107 View Post
55KU6290.

I downloaded the 1167 update to USB and loaded it. I'm now getting HDCP errors on HDMI 1 (where I have the cable input). The very first time I got this error I was getting it on both HDMI 1 & 2 (where I have my Roku 2 input), but now it seems to be only with the cable. I have Xfinity with the X1 box. Here's what I have done:

Power cycled cable box-no change

Swapped inputs-no change

Unplugged and plugged in cord-no change

Factory reset-no change

Swapped cords-no change

Plugged cord into another set while HDCP error was on screen-this brought the picture back on the other set, then when replugged into the Sammy, picture was back

Power cycled set-this brought the picture back

I thought maybe it was because I had the set connected via Ethernet, but it made no difference when switching to WiFi.

Chat suggested the Factory reset and to report back. I don't want to schedule a service visit if it's going to result in me getting a refurb back.

Can anyone comment on whether or not using an HDMI switch really works? If you go Amazon there are all kinds of conflicting reports about this. I love this set and I got it for an insanely low price from Walmart (got the last one in the entire area), but I'm still within the return period. Would a Vizio E55-E1 be comparable at the same price?

I'm having the same issue with my KU6500 and my Telus TV Optik box on all 3 HDMI ports with the HDCP error and 1080p. I can use 1080i and 720p but that's it. Don't get the HDCP on on my PS4 or Apple TV. It's been like that since I've had the tv since January of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1911 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgarlic View Post
Got the 1167 update last night, and once again the picture size option is disabled. This is incredibly frustrating. I have no idea why they are messing with the ability to use this very basic function. Is anyone else having this issue on 1167?
I received 1167 yesterday and all is well. The picture size issue as well as the green bars during startup have been gone since 1165.
post #1912 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone experience the tv not picking up hdr? A few times watching hdr content there is no msg and the settings do not automatically change.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #1913 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
I received 1167 yesterday and all is well. The picture size issue as well as the green bars during startup have been gone since 1165.
Also received the 1167 update yesterday on my 6290. Right after update, green corruption screen was gone. I don't want to hold my breath yet. Since the prior 1165 update also fixed the green corruption screen.. but came back 3 days later. So I'm gonna have to give it a week and a factory reset to see if its fully fixed!
Was planning on lugging this set back to costco during the March break. If this updatr fixed the issue. I'll save my back the pain and stress
post #1914 of 2409 Old 03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
...I do have the setting on that helps with up to 1080i signals can't remember what it's called I have it on 1 although I think King Richard said 2...

You must be referring to the "Film Mode" setting.

For 1080i content, it should be set to "Auto 1"

[See Spoiler! below for more on this setting]

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmfisher View Post

Unfortunately, most current available Netflix HDR content is not very good - especially the Marvel shows such as Daredevil (Iron Fist should be better). They have a lot of added digital "film grain" and are very dark.

I recommend setting "Dynamic Contrast" to "Med" or "High" and increasing the "Gamma" control by 2 or 3 points.

You can also turn ON "Digital Clean View" if you want to reduce the "film grain" (but I usually leave it OFF).

Richard
SamBerts likes this.
post #1915 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW23 View Post
Also received the 1167 update yesterday on my 6290. Right after update, green corruption screen was gone. I don't want to hold my breath yet. Since the prior 1165 update also fixed the green corruption screen.. but came back 3 days later. So I'm gonna have to give it a week and a factory reset to see if its fully fixed!
Was planning on lugging this set back to costco during the March break. If this updatr fixed the issue. I'll save my back the pain and stress
I still have the green problem with 1167, comes and goes

super dirty , super clean , pow
post #1916 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Yes. I use an ir universal remote.
I have the Costco UN70KU630d. Can anyone tell me where on the TV is the IR receiver located so I can place an IR blaster over it?
post #1917 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3227 Post(s)
Liked: 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenholde View Post
I have the Costco UN70KU630d. Can anyone tell me where on the TV is the IR receiver located so I can place an IR blaster over it?
Im guessing very near the standby power light.
post #1918 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Liked: 11
USB movie playback issues / LED clear motion / HDR+

I have been using the TV since january, 49ku6500, which i kept after trying a vizio P50 and a sony 800D. I like the curved screen and the wifi performance for 4K has been pretty consistent. I have not had any hardware problems that I can see like green bars or other issues, I don't have blooming or clouding or a much bleed. Screen uniformity seems to be pretty good. Maybe because the inflated price tag for the curved TVs means they get better QA/build quality? Don'T know.

Black levels are good. The P50 does a bit better in a totally dark room for ex. with white text on black, like rolling credits, but with a small amount of light in the room the 6500 performs nearly as well, whites really pop on black. Overall, the image quality of the P50 is more satisfying with wide color gamut, but the TV i had had trouble keeping a wifi connection. Also did not like the casting experience at all (i use glasses, PITA to always look at the remote) and the other glitches with the remote tablet which loses connection to tv. When it came to contrast in normal scenes like well lit indoors or outdoors, p50 looked generally richer more depth and contrast, 6500 flatter picture. In some cases of 1080 sources, it was a toss up between the 2 tvs. the vizio processing was better in some cases, worse than the 6500 in others. Upscaling 1080i was also a toss up, samsung won in some cases, vizio in others. Color - obviously more versatility for saturation with the vizio or sony, both around 9x% wcg (43 inch, very good blacks by the way, as good or better than 6500). Motion processing and articfacts for complex scenes - Sony is the clear king by dar for producing a clean image where the other 2 fail. Example : intro credits for the show Silicon Valley - the animated view of all the companies in the valley with many many moving parts. On vizio and sam, the scene simply falls apart, i.e. blocking, pixelation etc, not on the sony. (all set to movie mode, low brightness, high contrast etc,). Stunning difference here, Sony clearly wins (as does my sams plasma)

Because i got the ku6500 half price at xmas it would have cost another 40% on top if i had kept the vizio (also on sale), so I figured I would stay with the 6500 (bedroom tv) and wait a couple of years for wide color and everything else to be standard across the board and then pull the trigger on another tv. Even though the 6500 purely on contrast and color was not as good as p50, it varied widely depending on content and source, and the overall package of samsung, with bt support and fairly good smart tv OS (sony is good also with android TV). If the sony 800d came in a non IPS 49 inch I would probably have considerd it seriously because ideal size for my application, but it only comes in 2 sizes and 43 was too small. Of the 3 brands, sony easily has the best /most solid build quality, not to mention a headphone jack where the remote actually controls the volume. Why samsung lets you connect bt headphones but then you have no volume control with the remote is very frustrating

My 3 areas of issues/questions for the 6500.
1. USB playback on various HD content, i.e. good qualtiy 1080p content from yify YTS for example. I noticed severe ghosting/trails in any darker scenes on anything moving, and not just the outline, the whole object does not seem to refresh fast enough. Has anybody noticed this? Is there a way to fix it? I thought it was just 1 file, but I tried several files and sure enough, its on all of em -horrible. When there's nore light in the scene, no problem.

2. LED clear motion - I use this with movie mode and custom judder on 4. This seems to do the trick. At first I was annoyed by the flicker/strobe aspect if it, but got used to it. It reduces brightness considerably, but i find most stuff i watch good in that mode. I don't like dynamic modes anyways, and not needed in a dark bedroom
What is your experience with LED clear motion?

3. HDR+ - I've played around with HDR+, for some content, esp. streaming higher than 1080p content, its interesting. I'm wondering if it is just a set of settings, or is it more than that? Is there some processing going on besides the obvious changes to backlight (at max) etc?

When/how do you use hdr+ and what is your experience with it?

thx for comments

Last edited by marcrobert; 03-12-2017 at 06:10 PM.
post #1919 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra2k1 View Post
Does anyone else have this issue with the Samsung bluetooth smart remote where it does not turn on the tv if its been off for a long time?

The only way I can get it to work if I manually turn on the tv or if i use my other remote for my telus cable box. So odd.

The light on the remote wont come on if the tv has been off for a long time 5 hours or more. However, if it's only been an hour or two the remote works fine for turning the tv on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The remote has to establish a BT connection to the TV, and yes, sometimes it doesn't start. I have had to turn batteries a quarter turn seems to help, i'm not sure what the workaround is withouth removing the rear cover. Maybe pressing different buttons gets it out of sleep mode.

Last edited by marcrobert; 03-12-2017 at 06:08 PM.
post #1920 of 2409 Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Kind of pissed about this TV. Liked it at first but now I'm noticing some defects. The power button on the remote fails to turn on the tv periodically. And, I was playing resident evil 7 and noticed some significant vertical banding in darker areas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Lp85253 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page