**OFFICIAL** Entry Level 2016 Samsung 4K UHD KU6300/6500/6600 Series TV Thread - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 395Likes

post #2431 of 2437 Old 01-08-2020, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejosh View Post
Nothing could have fallen in. Now I am seeing other circles in other parts of the screen. It is noticeable at all times but mostly in all light screens/scenes. Sometimes when watching a movie it literally looks like a Sun is in the shot.

Based on what I have now read on other boards including the Samsung community one, this is not uncommon and if out of warranty is not worth to have someone fix. The TV needs to be opened and the reflector led cap things that are behind the screen need to be reset and re-glued.

Has there been an upgraded model for this TV and is it considered decent? Aside from this recent issue, I have enjoyed this TV a lot.

Thanks!

My 60" is still working fine but I despise Samsung's firmware so much I plan to look elsewhere for my next model. Hey, maybe that LG OLED that rolls up like a window shade!
unclejosh likes this.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2437 Old 01-08-2020, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That is not in the budget unfortunately. I have a LG Oled in my living room but I need a cheap 40-43 inch tv for my bedroom/office as I use it as my computer monitor. This Samsung has worked perfectly for my needs until this ring issue started.
post #2433 of 2437 Old 01-08-2020, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Nothing could have fallen in. Now I am seeing other circles in other parts of the screen. It is noticeable at all times but mostly in all light screens/scenes. Sometimes when watching a movie it literally looks like a Sun is in the shot.

Based on what I have now read on other boards including the Samsung community one, this is not uncommon and if out of warranty is not worth to have someone fix. The TV needs to be opened and the reflector led cap things that are behind the screen need to be reset and re-glued.

Has there been an upgraded model for this TV and is it considered decent? Aside from this recent issue, I have enjoyed this TV a lot.

Thanks!
I did until mine failed. I was offered a 75” version at a similar level. I quickly checked and the reviews were no that great. I asked Asurian (DirecTVs actual insurance company) if I could go smaller in trade of a higher level product. She offered a “reasonable cash value” of just under a grand. I grabbed that and got the 65” Q80R. I love this set. The blacks, and image quality, less reflectivity and wide angle all spoke to me. Got it as a recertified on Amazon for hundreds less than a new one. As the reviews stated, it arrived as a new in box, sealed. I used some of the saved money to buy a 4year Asurian warranty as the recertified came with a 90 day return privilege. I’m very happy with it. It’s night and day better. Only strike is the lack of DolbyVision. I’m OK with that and OLED is a non-starter with me. Too much news viewing. Burn in fears.

Edit:
I just looked. My Renewed price went up by two hundred. Not sure I’d have done it at this difference.
unclejosh likes this.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by joe221; 01-10-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2434 of 2437 Old 01-09-2020, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just to add to the discussion of these failing, my 43" developed a worsening "shadow" along a horizontal, then vertical line, visible only on certain darker backgrounds. (It is most visible on the dark blue Samsung USB media explorer). This happened about 35 months into my ownership, which was luckily just within my credit card extended warranty. I received a full refund for the purchase amount, as the repair cost exceeded what I paid. I upgraded to a 65" 60R QLED. I'm happy with it, but would recommend the 70R for the better LED backlighting.
post #2435 of 2437 Old 01-09-2020, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3326 Post(s)
Liked: 2622
Quote:
has there been an upgraded model for this tv and is it considered decent? Aside from this recent issue, i have enjoyed this tv a lot.
Thanks!
unclejosh likes this.
post #2436 of 2437 Old 01-09-2020, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thank you!
post #2437 of 2437 Old 03-26-2020, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 64
No sound from receiver

I need some assistance. I have a Samsung UN70KU6300 tv that is connected to a Marantz sr6001 receiver via HDMI through both ARC connections; tv and receiver. However, when I play content from a built-in app on the TV, I get no sound. I checked the TV audio settings and it is set to receiver. When I play content from my Nvidia Shield, it works perfectly fine. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KU6300/6500/6600

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page