OFFICIAL Sony XBR-65Z9D Owner's Thread [no price talk please] - Page 464 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54544Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13891 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
Nice catch, that was mistakenly left in the "narrative" portion. I'm not using 10pt adjustment anywhere. Would be interested to know if the latest firmware fixes the 10pt controls although I doubt SONY cares about such things.
What about Geoff's comment about using 10pt gain adjustments only and leaving bias alone? Could that "correct" the issue you were seeing with 10pt?

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13892 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 563
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
it means that source material calling for brighter than 1000 nits will have the same brightness as 1000 bits, ie full white.

The output of the z9 can be quite a bit brighter than 1000 however so depending on the brightness setting that “1000 bits” input level may be 1600 coming out of the TV for example. In custom mode the TV does not roll off the tone mapping but instead hard clips input level at an amount dependent on the contrast setting in her mode. You can see some measurements regarding the custom mode tone map pin in the z9 link in my signature.
Okay, I guess this makes sense. So because our TV's are brighter than 1000 nits, even with custom's lack of tone mapping, 1600 nit hightlights will still display at 1600 nits? even if the detail in like a cloud for example is only mastered at 1000 nits? Im just trying to make sure im not hamstringing or impinging my z9 from outputting its full nit capabilities by using custom mode in HDR.
ma1746 is online now  
post #13893 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post
How do i know if hdr is active?

I tried watching netflix through the tv, directv 4k channel and through my htpc but i was looking for some indication that hdr was activated or something.

The display only shows resolution
When the TV is receiving an HDR-encoded signal, whether from an external source or a native app, it will display "HDR" in the upper right corner of the Picture Adjustments menu as shown below.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010571.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	2367992  
bluemoon737 likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
chi_guy50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13894 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swanage, Engerland
Posts: 2,706
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
Nice catch, that was mistakenly left in the "narrative" portion. I'm not using 10pt adjustment anywhere. Would be interested to know if the latest firmware fixes the 10pt controls although I doubt SONY cares about such things.
No worries man, I'm not out to tread on anyone's toes, just relaying what works for me after a fair bit of trial and error over the last 9 months, and I'm happy to trade off some brightness to be able to map out to nearer 4000 nits. When I get results like these in HDR then I ain't complainin', no sir!



10k and bluemoon737 like this.
Geoff D is offline  
post #13895 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 AM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,415
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
No worries man, I'm not out to tread on anyone's toes, just relaying what works for me after a fair bit of trial and error over the last 9 months, and I'm happy to trade off some brightness to be able to map out to nearer 4000 nits. When I get results like these in HDR then I ain't complainin', no sir
very nice
I’m still in love with this tv. Altered carbon and blade runner 2049 looked freaking amazing on it !!!!
brickyardz and Geoff D like this.
10k is offline  
post #13896 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 AM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,415
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
Okay, I guess this makes sense. So because our TV's are brighter than 1000 nits, even with custom's lack of tone mapping, 1600 nit hightlights will still display at 1600 nits? even if the detail in like a cloud for example is only mastered at 1000 nits? Im just trying to make sure im not hamstringing or impinging my z9 from outputting its full nit capabilities by using custom mode in HDR.
the contrast control sets the clipping point. So there is a contrast setting that will correspond with clipping 1600 nits and above. The issue is that setting the contrast low enough for that result might make it so that the rest of the picture is too dark.

In custom mode contrast 86 clips at around 1900nits and most closely tracks the reference output curve while also still utilizing the full brightness capabilities of the tv. The issue is that it doesn’t track as well as the other modes and st this contrast level low light scenes in particular are too dark by a noticeable amount.
Geoff D likes this.
10k is offline  
post #13897 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,802
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6793 Post(s)
Liked: 6795
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
very nice
I’m still in love with this tv. Altered carbon and blade runner 2049 looked freaking amazing on it !!!!
I think it will be a long time before this set is beat
helvetica bold, 10k and Geoff D like this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #13898 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 01:02 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,415
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I think it will be a long time before this set is beat
id love an 85” version with 1500+ zones and 4000nits brightness

The Samsung micro led look interesting but I guess they are a ways off
10k is offline  
post #13899 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
id love an 85” version with 1500+ zones and 4000nits brightness

The Samsung micro led look interesting but I guess they are a ways off
They will arrive about the same time as a display using Sony's CLEDIS technology.
10k likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #13900 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Woodbridge, VA (25 miles south of D.C.)
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Philips BDP7502 Received Dolby Vision Update

I asked this in the 7502 thread but thought I would check here as well. The 7502 received a Dolby Vision update which I downloaded to my player. I tried both Despicable Me movies and 'only' receiving HDR on my Z9D.

Just wondering if anyone else has the Philips 7502 and after doing the update was able to get Dolby Vision? I suspect that the 7502 has a version of Dolby Vision that is not compatible with this TV.

Thanks for any feedback. Regards to all.


EDIT: Just to be clear, the 7502 passes the Dolby Vision signal with no problem to my son's TCL TV.

Spoiler!

Last edited by RetiredandLovingIt; 02-28-2018 at 03:15 PM.
RetiredandLovingIt is online now  
post #13901 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 5,515
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2360 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
id love an 85” version with 1500+ zones and 4000nits brightness



The Samsung micro led look interesting but I guess they are a ways off


10k you are too funny. I literally posted that 2 weeks ago and added “hdmi 2.1 for freeSync with my Xbox one X”

I offered to start an owners thread - hoping for the z9f and move 75” to bedroom, move elite 70” to family room, and set the vizio on fire in the trash
CygnusX2112, ma1746 and jdsmoooth like this.

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
sjchmura is offline  
post #13902 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
TomcatTLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
They will arrive about the same time as a display using Sony's CLEDIS technology.


CLEDIS or Sony HDMI usable D.V. ?
10k and bluemoon737 like this.

Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha 3060, Oppo 203, Oppo 103D, LG 65E7P, Sony UBP-X800
TomcatTLC is offline  
post #13903 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 03:13 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,415
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2381
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
10k you are too funny. I literally posted that 2 weeks ago and added “hdmi 2.1 for freeSync with my Xbox one X”

I offered to start an owners thread - hoping for the z9f and move 75” to bedroom, move elite 70” to family room, and set the vizio on fire in the trash
LOL too funny. Great minds

Hopefully we are in store for a nice fall refresh. Otherwise I’ll happily hang on to my z9 for a while longer
sjchmura likes this.
10k is offline  
post #13904 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
LOL too funny. Great minds

Hopefully we are in store for a nice fall refresh. Otherwise I’ll happily hang on to my z9 for a while longer
Mine would not be "replaced" it would be "displaced" The Z9F or whatever would go in the man cave and the Z9D would move to the livingroom and the 65" Samsung 4k would move to the bedroom and the 55" LG LED would move to my wife's sewing room and the 47" LG LED would....hmmmm? That's how things move in my household.
helvetica bold, 10k and dominica like this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #13905 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
TomcatTLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Mine would not be "replaced" it would be "displaced" The Z9F or whatever would go in the man cave and the Z9D would move to the livingroom and the 65" Samsung 4k would move to the bedroom and the 55" LG LED would move to my wife's sewing room and the 47" LG LED would....hmmmm? That's how things move in my household.
... Big Talk from a guy who don't have his "Sea Legs" anymore and the OIC Wife ain't around !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
LOL too funny. Great minds

Hopefully we are in store for a nice fall refresh. Otherwise I’ll happily hang on to my z9 for a while longer
... But all kidding aside ... 10k it's great to see you back and myself and others reaping the benefits of your input ! Before a Z9F, or whatever you wantta call it, comes out it sure would be nice if Sony finish straightening out it's current technology and other technology manufacturers get up to par before dealing with things like HDMI 2.1, 8K, etc. But more importantly how's the little one doing ? Hope all is well ... and Oh yeah, just don't let em splatter all over the TV's picture panel like your dog did !
10k and bluemoon737 like this.

Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha 3060, Oppo 203, Oppo 103D, LG 65E7P, Sony UBP-X800

Last edited by TomcatTLC; 02-28-2018 at 04:59 PM.
TomcatTLC is offline  
post #13906 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatTLC View Post
... Big Talk from a guy who don't have his "Sea Legs" anymore and the OIC Wife ain't around !



... But all kidding aside ... 10k it's great to see you back and myself and others reaping the benefits of your input ! Before a Z9F, or whatever you wantta call it, comes out it sure would be nice if Sony finish straightening out it's current technology and other technology manufacturers get up to par before dealing with things like HDMI 2.1, 8K, etc. But more importantly how's the little one doing ? Hope all is well ... and Oh yeah, just don't let em splatter all over the TV's picture panel like your dog did !
Hey the Admiral (let's get her position correct, of course that makes me the CNO ) would be happy...she would get a bigger TV in her sanctuary.
TomcatTLC likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #13907 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hawkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,067
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Mine would not be "replaced" it would be "displaced" The Z9F or whatever would go in the man cave and the Z9D would move to the livingroom and the 65" Samsung 4k would move to the bedroom and the 55" LG LED would move to my wife's sewing room and the 47" LG LED would....hmmmm? That's how things move in my household.
LOL. Yeah, it is the same in my house. Things shift from one room to another and have had a few times where I ran out of room and then gave the left over to a family member. Right now I have a ZD9 in my Game Room, 940d in the living room a 65" LG Oled E7 in the Master Bedroom, the last version of Panasonics 4k that was released in the states in another room and a 55" 1080 Sony also in the game room for some of my older game systems. If a Z9F were to come out, I would have that in the game room and something will need to go to another home. LOL.
bluemoon737 and TomcatTLC like this.

-Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon is offline  
post #13908 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 563
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
LOL. Yeah, it is the same in my house. Things shift from one room to another and have had a few times where I ran out of room and then gave the left over to a family member. Right now I have a ZD9 in my Game Room, 940d in the living room a 65" LG Oled E7 in the Master Bedroom, the last version of Panasonics 4k that was released in the states in another room and a 55" 1080 Sony also in the game room for some of my older game systems. If a Z9F were to come out, I would have that in the game room and something will need to go to another home. LOL.
How would you compare the E7 and the z9? I have a B6 and a z9 (both 65") and I struggle to find ways the Oled wins outside of true black scenes. Maybe 1080i looks a little better on the oled? Everything else the Sony takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ma1746 is online now  
post #13909 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 09:26 PM
Newbie
 
Xunaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see a lot of people mentioning the dolby vision update working, however I just picked up a 75Z9D and it doesn't seem to work even native netflix. I have an A1E that works fine, with the apple TV beta software I get dolby vision via HDMI too. Did they pull the DV update to the Z9D or am I just having an unlucky time?
Xunaka is offline  
post #13910 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
dominica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 638
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post
I see a lot of people mentioning the dolby vision update working, however I just picked up a 75Z9D and it doesn't seem to work even native netflix. I have an A1E that works fine, with the apple TV beta software I get dolby vision via HDMI too. Did they pull the DV update to the Z9D or am I just having an unlucky time?
Download/Install via usb. Also try 10K picture settings as a starting point. Welcome to the club.


https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-d...os_group_id=18


10k Settings

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post46576609
TomcatTLC likes this.

Last edited by dominica; 02-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.
dominica is offline  
post #13911 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 5,515
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2360 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
LOL too funny. Great minds



Hopefully we are in store for a nice fall refresh. Otherwise I’ll happily hang on to my z9 for a while longer


Your will need a tv soon for Sesame Street and Toyo the talking bus! Move z9d there and upgrade
10k likes this.

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
sjchmura is offline  
post #13912 of 22095 Old 02-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
jdsmoooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 193
OFFICIAL Sony XBR-65Z9D Owner's Thread [no price talk please]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
Your will need a tv soon for Sesame Street and Toyo the talking bus! Move z9d there and upgrade


LOL ... Playroom here got the ZT60 65,” well before it’s time, mostly because if my TV addiction. Kids enjoyed Paw Patrol and PJ Masks coupled with deep black levels, excellent motion handling and almost flawless viewing angles.
jdsmoooth is offline  
post #13913 of 22095 Old 03-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
TomcatTLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
How would you compare the E7 and the z9? I have a B6 and a z9 (both 65") and I struggle to find ways the Oled wins outside of true black scenes. Maybe 1080i looks a little better on the oled? Everything else the Sony takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
... I can't speak on the behalf of Hawkmoon but I will tell you I have a Z9D in my LR and a E7 in my MB. I believe most will agree that both are exceptional TV's and you really can't go wrong with either or. Unless your B6 is pro calibrated it's almost unfair to compare the 6 Series to the 7 Series OLED. The 7 Series have big improvements with most of the major factors i.e., Motion, NITS, Contrast, and a biggie for most people are the Picture Pre Sets which come about as near perfect as they can be compared to pro calibration. Of course each Technology has it "good and betters" but I believe what it really comes down to is personal preferences. That's how good these TV's are becoming.
grtuck likes this.

Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha 3060, Oppo 203, Oppo 103D, LG 65E7P, Sony UBP-X800

Last edited by TomcatTLC; 03-01-2018 at 12:19 PM.
TomcatTLC is offline  
post #13914 of 22095 Old 03-01-2018, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swanage, Engerland
Posts: 2,706
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
Philips BDP7502 Received Dolby Vision Update

I asked this in the 7502 thread but thought I would check here as well. The 7502 received a Dolby Vision update which I downloaded to my player. I tried both Despicable Me movies and 'only' receiving HDR on my Z9D.

Just wondering if anyone else has the Philips 7502 and after doing the update was able to get Dolby Vision? I suspect that the 7502 has a version of Dolby Vision that is not compatible with this TV.

Thanks for any feedback. Regards to all.


EDIT: Just to be clear, the 7502 passes the Dolby Vision signal with no problem to my son's TCL TV.
The Sony version of DV is a specific 'low latency' mode that puts more of the processing back onto the player to ease the strain on the TV. This new profile is NOT something that's installed by default on DV playback devices so you will have to wait and see if Philips add this profile to their player in due course.
RetiredandLovingIt likes this.
Geoff D is offline  
post #13915 of 22095 Old 03-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Woodbridge, VA (25 miles south of D.C.)
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The Sony version of DV is a specific 'low latency' mode that puts more of the processing back onto the player to ease the strain on the TV. This new profile is NOT something that's installed by default on DV playback devices so you will have to wait and see if Philips add this profile to their player in due course.
Thanks much for confirming my suspicion. It would appear that different source devices will need to get two DV updates unless they can be combined. One for Sony TVs and one for everybody else.

Since the Philips works with my son's TCL TV I will let him have that unit. I am waiting for Oppo's upgrade, I hope.

Thanks again.

Spoiler!
RetiredandLovingIt is online now  
post #13916 of 22095 Old 03-03-2018, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,802
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6793 Post(s)
Liked: 6795
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
Thanks much for confirming my suspicion. It would appear that different source devices will need to get two DV updates unless they can be combined. One for Sony TVs and one for everybody else.

Since the Philips works with my son's TCL TV I will let him have that unit. I am waiting for Oppo's upgrade, I hope.

Thanks again.
Maybe so but the manufacturers will do it.....there not going to loose business for a simple firmware update.
RetiredandLovingIt likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #13917 of 22095 Old 03-03-2018, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,011
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Looking for the non owners thread. Or can anyone be kind enough to provide me measurements for the stand on the 75Z9D. Front to back and width! I have a table stand but a sound bar covers my current set so I raised it with blocks I wanna do the same when I purchase a 75Z9 I'm going to use a butcher block but need to know how big to get it?

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
bobbino421 is online now  
post #13918 of 22095 Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 PM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OH
Posts: 6,242
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Looking for the non owners thread. Or can anyone be kind enough to provide me measurements for the stand on the 75Z9D. Front to back and width! I have a table stand but a sound bar covers my current set so I raised it with blocks I wanna do the same when I purchase a 75Z9 I'm going to use a butcher block but need to know how big to get it?

I just measured and mine is 17" wide and front to back is 9".

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, and Harmony Elite

Last edited by rlb; 03-03-2018 at 08:53 PM.
rlb is offline  
post #13919 of 22095 Old 03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,011
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Looking for the non owners thread. Or can anyone be kind enough to provide me measurements for the stand on the 75Z9D. Front to back and width! I have a table stand but a sound bar covers my current set so I raised it with blocks I wanna do the same when I purchase a 75Z9 I'm going to use a butcher block but need to know how big to get it?

I just measured and mine is 17" wide and front to back is 9".
Thank You!

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
bobbino421 is online now  
post #13920 of 22095 Old 03-04-2018, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Looking for the non owners thread. Or can anyone be kind enough to provide me measurements for the stand on the 75Z9D. Front to back and width! I have a table stand but a sound bar covers my current set so I raised it with blocks I wanna do the same when I purchase a 75Z9 I'm going to use a butcher block but need to know how big to get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
I just measured and mine is 17" wide and front to back is 9".
The specifications are shown as 17-1/4" x 11" on the manufacturer's cutsheet (see below).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75Z9D Stand Measurements.png
Views:	1019
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2370198  

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
chi_guy50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
flicker , sony xbr-75z9d , sync , XBR-65Z9D , xbr-940d

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off