OFFICIAL Sony XBR-65Z9D Owner's Thread [no price talk please] - Page 702 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54103Likes

post #21031 of 21096 Old 04-13-2019, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Watching BumbleBee in 4k free on Direct TV Channel 108.

Aquaman coming on next?
So glad I purchased a new Z9D ; the last 3-D TV on the planet. With excellent everything else as well

Awesome my pre-order Ebay 'Aquaman 3D' just arrived today in my mailbox !!!!
To 3D Or Not To 3D
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...aquaman-ticket
3D FIT SCORE 5
PLANNING & EFFORT SCORE 5
BEFORE THE WINDOW SCORE 5
BEYOND THE WINDOW SCORE 4
BRIGHTNESS SCORE 5
GLASSES OFF SCORE 5
AUDIENCE HEALTH SCORE 4
TOTAL SCORE 3D - 33 out of 35 Great

Also purchased my tickets today . I wanted to see Avengers: Endgame opening weekend. But I have to have perfect seats I will have to wait a week.
Avengers: Endgame
IMAX - 3D
Friday, May 3 at 3:10 pm
Cinemark Carefree Circle and IMAX
Colorado Springs, CO
Auditorium 2
Tickets PriceQty
IMAXdmr3D Matinee $XX.XX 2
Seats: G14 G15 Dead center middle of theatre

Shameless Plug ! My "Avengers" Limited Edition Pinball machine
& my "Walking Dead" Limited Edition Pinball machine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0176.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2552650   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0185.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2552652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walking Dead Limited Edition.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	2552654  
ES_Revenge and grtuck like this.

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII

Last edited by RobKnapp; 04-14-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21032 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked: 564
New Setup

Moved into a new house couple weeks ago and have a basement living room. Much better setup. Still trying to get the seating arranged just right. But I took the tv off the wall and put it on a stand. Something about it being lower makes it look way bigger than at my last house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_211303.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	2552954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_150255.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	807.1 KB
ID:	2552956  
dlbsyst and grtuck like this.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Sony x700 UHD player
Sony 75x900e (Retired)
Sony 55xA1E (Bedroom)
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)

Last edited by joshua goard; 04-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.
post #21033 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post
So glad I purchased a new Z9D ; the last 3-D TV on the planet. With excellent everything else as well

Also purchased my tickets today . I wanted to see Avengers: Endgame opening weekend. But I have to have perfect seats I will have to wait a week.
Avengers: Endgame
IMAX - 3D
Friday, May 3 at 3:10 pm
Cinemark Carefree Circle and IMAX
Colorado Springs, CO
Auditorium 2
Tickets PriceQty
IMAXdmr3D Matinee $XX.XX 2
Seats: G14 G15 Dead center middle of theatre

Shameless Plug ! My "Avengers" Limited Edition Pinball machine
& my "Walking Dead" Limited Edition Pinball machine
Oh man. I'm sure this movie looks great in 4k but as a movie i bet it sucks bad. I thought Justice League was one of the worst big budget films of the last decade. The dialogue, the acting (especially Aqua-Man) the story, the lack of back story, etc. I literally laughed all the way through this trailer because it looked so bad. It's a shame too. After Man of Steel and even Batman V Superman I had really high hopes for the franchise. But Justice League was pure trash...

Sony 75x900e (Retired)
Sony 55xA1E (Bedroom)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21034 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 2038 Post(s)
Liked: 2251
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
Oh man. I'm sure this movie looks great in 4k but as a movie i bet it sucks bad. I thought Justice League was one of the worst big budget films of the last decade. The dialogue, the acting (especially Aqua-Man) the story, the lack of back story, etc. I literally laughed all the way through this trailer because it looked so bad. It's a shame too. After Man of Steel and even Batman V Superman I had really high hopes for the franchise. But Justice League was pure trash...
The movies is really bad and I went in with rock bottom expectations. That said, it looks absolutely incredible on the Z9D and sounds great too.
post #21035 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Moved into a new house couple weeks ago and have a basement living room. Much better setup. Still trying to get the seating arranged just right. But I took the tv off the wall and put it on a stand. Something about it being lower makes it look way bigger than at my last house.
That looks nice. I was just letting you guys know, for some reason the 108 4K channel was free last night! The movie Actually wasn't bad. I think I'm going to cancel the $1999 Amazon order and keep this 8400 hour TV for $1500. It looks phenomenal!
ES_Revenge likes this.
post #21036 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2113 Post(s)
Liked: 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
The movies is really bad and I went in with rock bottom expectations. That said, it looks absolutely incredible on the Z9D and sounds great too.

Hoo boy, reminds me of the guy who raved about the new restaurant in town, commenting that the food was lousy but at least the portions were huge.
O2BGolfn likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Nvidia Shield TV; Oppo UDP-203; Sony BDP-S5200 (multi-region); Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #21037 of 21096 Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
Hoo boy, reminds me of the guy who raved about the new restaurant in town, commenting that the food was lousy but at least the portions were huge.
Cool.

Anyway, on a technical level the movie is very nice looking and the "IMAX" shots look phenomenal on the Z as well as an excellent sound mix. I am glad I only paid $6 to rent it on iTunes vs purchasing but it was a nice AV feast. Sorry to hear about your restaurant experience.
post #21038 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 08:07 AM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 1882
Quote:
Something about it being lower makes it look way bigger than at my last house.
Not to mention, there's no need to tilt your head up while watching TV. You can look straight ahead.

Definitely an advantage for someone like me (bad neck despite months with a chiropractor after our car was hit from the rear while we were stopped at a red light.)
ES_Revenge likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, and Harmony Elite
post #21039 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
I like the double sectional with the walkway in the middle. Nice idea.
Setup is just screaming for a nice sound system. Just sayin
post #21040 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKnapp View Post

To 3D Or Not To 3D
Hey Rob, glad to see you're using/enjoying the 3D: ) Question for you (and anyone else for that matter)...

Have you run into the 3D "corruption" issue this TV exhibits? I played my first 3D film yesterday and was nearly heartbroken at how horrible the 3D was on it. I went to a lot of trouble to get a Z9D, in part due to the fact that it was as you say--one of the last 3D TVs out there.
I started up Jurassic World: FK and immediately noticed something was quite wrong. In PDVD I switched to "right eye first" and it helped but it was still messed up. I tried two different sets of glasses, different movies, and went from PC to PS3 trying to get it to work right but to no avail.
First I thought it was an issue with my TV (given the way I got it, off kijiji, I didn't really have any recourse). I searched online though and found this seems to be a common problem for this set.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review....ction=showfull
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...ny-65-zd9.html
https://us.community.sony.com/s/ques...language=en_US
https://www.avforums.com/threads/son...44695/page-142

I had the exact same problem--bad crosstalk almost as if the glasses were not synced properly despite me seeing them "turn on", and a really annoying flicker at the top 1/4 of the screen. Basically unwatchable. I was thinking maybe it was a "broken" feature as what I'd heard about the X930D, but as can be seen in some of those links above^ people were saying the TV just needed an [Android] restart from the menu (not a regular power cycle or a factory reset but an Android system reset). I found this hard to believe and was really fretful the TV just had borked 3D.

I then tried this "trick" of restarting the Android system and though I was skeptical...it worked!!! 3D looks fine now. A little bit of crosstalk (and I'd actually say more than my old HX750) but it's active 3D so I guess some is too be expected; but much better than it was and no horrendous flicker. It seems almost as if the set messes up the 3D if you have too many resources taken up in the Android system?

Have any other 3D users experienced this? It seems like if you go to use the Android apps you will run into this problem again and have to restart before every 3D viewing? It doesn't harm any settings (again this is not a factory reset) but seems to be somewhat roundabout. I also heard on the newer f/w this has been fixed? Can anyone confirm? I'm going to upgrade my set to Oreo (as I don't think it will affect me and my old-skool AVR) but are there any other issues I'll encounter with the Oreo update? Or is it all good other than the CEC thing with the AVR/soundbars?
post #21041 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 06:28 PM
All That Jazz

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 325
@ES-Revenge

Since owning my Z9D in September 2016 I’ve encountered a similar problem to what you’ve described playing 3D disks via my OPPO 203 BluRay player. At first I thought that it was the fault of the BD player, but discovered that a soft reboot of the TV (holding down power button for about 5 seconds until the dancing balls appeared) solved the problem each time and 3D was fine again.
rlb, ES_Revenge and TomcatTLC like this.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony Z9D 75" LCD main, LG EF9500 55” OLED, Sony A9F 65”OLED , Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3 , Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD tranport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.

Last edited by Bob Fosse; 04-15-2019 at 06:32 PM.
post #21042 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fosse View Post
@ES-Revenge

Since owning my Z9D in September 2016 I’ve encountered a similar problem to what you’ve described playing 3D disks via my OPPO 203 BluRay player. At first I thought that it was the fault of the BD player, but discovered that a soft reboot of the TV (holding down power button for about 5 seconds until the dancing balls appeared) solved the problem each time and 3D was fine again.
Yep, the 5s thing is the same as going in the Android/settings menu and finding the restart option. Also a cold-boot (unplugging the set for a short time and then plugging it in and powering on so the "android" logo comes up) accomplishes the same.

I'm really surprised at how the Android system even affects this but then I guess it is responsible for the 3D processing? I'm guessing it gets bogged down with apps/memory usage and then the 3D doesn't work right--a definite bug/oversight. When you restart it, it clears all that and you have resources free for 3D--that's the only way it makes sense to me.

It's said the Oreo update fixes this issue permanently--can anyone comment this is the case?
post #21043 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
Yep, the 5s thing is the same as going in the Android/settings menu and finding the restart option. Also a cold-boot (unplugging the set for a short time and then plugging it in and powering on so the "android" logo comes up) accomplishes the same.

I'm really surprised at how the Android system even affects this but then I guess it is responsible for the 3D processing? I'm guessing it gets bogged down with apps/memory usage and then the 3D doesn't work right--a definite bug/oversight. When you restart it, it clears all that and you have resources free for 3D--that's the only way it makes sense to me.

It's said the Oreo update fixes this issue permanently--can anyone comment this is the case?
I don't think it is a memory or SoC capability issue, just a crappy bug.

While I have only watched a couple 3D movies after having upgraded to Oreo as I rarely watch them but own more than I should, I haven't seen the horrible crosstalk issue occur.

Historically I would have to soft reset my TV every time I wanted to watch a 3D movie.
ES_Revenge likes this.
post #21044 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
I don't think it is a memory or SoC capability issue, just a crappy bug.
While I have only watched a couple 3D movies after having upgraded to Oreo as I rarely watch them but own more than I should, I haven't seen the horrible crosstalk issue occur.

Historically I would have to soft reset my TV every time I wanted to watch a 3D movie.
Hmm, but if it's not related to the SoC or the RAM, why would an Android restart specifically fix the issue? I mean there's nothing we can do to fix it (other than the restarting) but just trying to make sense of it.

If I look at the S/M of an older Sony Android set w/active 3D* it seems like the Android portion is called the "Smart Core Block" by Sony. Now this is typically not responsible for most of the display image processing--that is handled by the motherboard or main board with the A/V processor on board (likely some proprietary Sony CXD IC, with trade names like X-Reality and whatnot). This would surely do the 3D processing...or at least one would assume. So the "Smart Core Block" should not affect the image.

*Have to use a S/M from a different set since I was not able to find the S/M for the Z9D online yet.

However, interestingly what is contained in the Smart Core Block (the Android system) is the Bluetooth system. It looks like this is connected through Android so anything connected up via BT will be controlled/processed by Android and subject to any issues here.

I certainly can't be sure but I will hazard a guess that the bug is rooted in the glasses sync. As I said the issue looks suspiciously like the glasses aren't sync'd, not that there's anything amiss with the display. I mean you look at the screen w/o glasses and it seems like it's doubled/blurred like it should be and no other obvious signs of a problem. The glasses actually do "activate" and flicker the lenses but it just seems like nothing is in focus as if it's not sync'd to the image properly. It may well be a latency problem with the BT when the system is loaded up. The "bug" being they didn't give the BT stack enough priority for the 3D sync. This is just my best guess though.

Last edited by ES_Revenge; 04-15-2019 at 07:32 PM.
post #21045 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hmm, but if it's not related to the SoC or the RAM, why would an Android restart specifically fix the issue? I mean there's nothing we can do to fix it (other than the restarting) but just trying to make sense of it.

If I look at the S/M of an older Sony Android set w/active 3D* it seems like the Android portion is called the "Smart Core Block" by Sony. Now this is typically not responsible for most of the display image processing--that is handled by the motherboard or main board with the A/V processor on board (likely some proprietary Sony CXD IC, with trade names like X-Reality and whatnot). This would surely do the 3D processing...or at least one would assume. So the "Smart Core Block" should not affect the image.

*Have to use a S/M from a different set since I was not able to find the S/M for the Z9D online yet.

However, interestingly what is contained in the Smart Core Block (the Android system) is the Bluetooth system. It looks like this is connected through Android so anything connected up via BT will be controlled/processed by Android and subject to any issues here.

I certainly can't be sure but I will hazard a guess that the bug is rooted in the glasses sync. As I said the issue looks suspiciously like the glasses aren't sync'd, not that there's anything amiss with the display. I mean you look at the screen w/o glasses and it seems like it's doubled/blurred like it should be and no other obvious signs of a problem. The glasses actually do "activate" and flicker the lenses but it just seems like nothing is in focus as if it's not sync'd to the image properly. It may well be a latency problem with the BT when the system is loaded up. The "bug" being they didn't give the BT stack enough priority for the 3D sync. This is just my best guess though.
The same way an OS update could potentially fix it.
post #21046 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Does any have a list of UHD Dolby Vision players that are compatible with the Z9D? The UB820, Oppo 203 are expensive. Looking for something below the $300 mark.
post #21047 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2175 Post(s)
Liked: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post
Does any have a list of UHD Dolby Vision players that are compatible with the Z9D? The UB820, Oppo 203 are expensive. Looking for something below the $300 mark.

Sony X700
post #21048 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
Sony X700
X700 aka buggy player...
post #21049 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Oppo 203 are expensive, because they are worth it!

Sony has 2 new units coming soon.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/blu...ers/ubp-x800m2

https://www.sony.com/electronics/blu...80105103149211

Sony twin 75" Z9D's / Apple 4KTV / OPPO UDP-203 / twin X1X Scorpio's
post #21050 of 21096 Old 04-15-2019, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
X700 aka buggy player...
I've literally never had a problem with the x700. Been using it for almost a year. Occasionally I'll need to reboot the thing (literally happened to me twice since I purchased it) but I would say that is normal for any technology. I would recommend it 1000 times over. Without hesitation. And you can get a refurbed one on ebay for under $150 7 days a week.
bytor likes this.

Sony 75x900e (Retired)
Sony 55xA1E (Bedroom)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21051 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
Sony X700
X700 is not a good product. Would not recommend buying it’ feels cheap, it’s usear unfriendly, it’s noisy, the list is long. Save up for the Panasonic.
post #21052 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I bought the Z9d 75inch open box for 3k with 9,500 hrs on it, I think it was a good deal
ES_Revenge, RobKnapp and TomcatTLC like this.
post #21053 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that geoffo11. I own several of them (on different systems) as well as several Oppo 203s and Panasonic UB320 & UB9000. For the price I feel that the X700s do a fine job. For folks that don't want to spend 100s more I would recommend it. In my experience, NOTHING in this industry that I've purchased in the last 3+ decades has been bug free. Just depends on whether or not the bugs in them affect your enjoyment or not.

Back in the 70's I noticed a plaque hanging in a colleague's office at IBM that was talking about software, and I believe it applies to the A/V industry today just as well:

"There's no such thing as a bug-free program, just ones in which the bugs haven't been found yet"

ES_Revenge, TomcatTLC and Panson like this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, UBP-X700, DP-UB9000, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
post #21054 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
One data point - I haven't encountered the 3D bug since I updated to Oreo. Used to happen somewhat frequently, so would guess it's either fixed, or they've significantly extended the mean time between failures.

Flip side - my Yamaha RX-V2085 has started turning on (?randomly) since the Oreo install.

Last edited by scotthal; 04-16-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #21055 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Hey Rob, glad to see you're using/enjoying the 3D: ) Question for you (and anyone else for that matter)...

Have you run into the 3D "corruption" issue this TV exhibits? I played my first 3D film yesterday and was nearly heartbroken at how horrible the 3D was on it. I went to a lot of trouble to get a Z9D, in part due to the fact that it was as you say--one of the last 3D TVs out there.
I started up Jurassic World: FK and immediately noticed something was quite wrong. In PDVD I switched to "right eye first" and it helped but it was still messed up. I tried two different sets of glasses, different movies, and went from PC to PS3 trying to get it to work right but to no avail.
First I thought it was an issue with my TV (given the way I got it, off kijiji, I didn't really have any recourse). I searched online though and found this seems to be a common problem for this set.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review....ction=showfull
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...ny-65-zd9.html
https://us.community.sony.com/s/ques...language=en_US
https://www.avforums.com/threads/son...44695/page-142

I had the exact same problem--bad crosstalk almost as if the glasses were not synced properly despite me seeing them "turn on", and a really annoying flicker at the top 1/4 of the screen. Basically unwatchable. I was thinking maybe it was a "broken" feature as what I'd heard about the X930D, but as can be seen in some of those links above^ people were saying the TV just needed an [Android] restart from the menu (not a regular power cycle or a factory reset but an Android system reset). I found this hard to believe and was really fretful the TV just had borked 3D.

I then tried this "trick" of restarting the Android system and though I was skeptical...it worked!!! 3D looks fine now. A little bit of crosstalk (and I'd actually say more than my old HX750) but it's active 3D so I guess some is too be expected; but much better than it was and no horrendous flicker. It seems almost as if the set messes up the 3D if you have too many resources taken up in the Android system?

Have any other 3D users experienced this? It seems like if you go to use the Android apps you will run into this problem again and have to restart before every 3D viewing? It doesn't harm any settings (again this is not a factory reset) but seems to be somewhat roundabout. I also heard on the newer f/w this has been fixed? Can anyone confirm? I'm going to upgrade my set to Oreo (as I don't think it will affect me and my old-skool AVR) but are there any other issues I'll encounter with the Oreo update? Or is it all good other than the CEC thing with the AVR/soundbars?

I ran into a link that the OP said it cleared up all his 3D issues. I have not tried it yet because I'm still doing a new install of my Z. Try it if you like and let us know if it really works. Bob

Link
post #21056 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have an Xbox One X, Not sure if it will ever support Dolby Vision on Disc?
But I just checked out Gravity in 3d and it played flawless.

Last edited by gullzway; 04-16-2019 at 02:17 PM.
post #21057 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Edit: Disregard! I didn't realise Xbone didn't support DoVi from UHD-BDs, only from streaming/online services.

Last edited by ES_Revenge; 04-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.
post #21058 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kee68 View Post
I ran into a link that the OP said it cleared up all his 3D issues. I have not tried it yet because I'm still doing a new install of my Z. Try it if you like and let us know if it really works. Bob
Thanks I heard the same too, about the 3D. However even if fixed it seems it introduces a host of other bugs so at the friendly advice of another forum member, I'm going to hold off on the update and wait for the fix/next version. Everything other than 3D works great at the moment and 3D only requires the Android restart which is a minor annoyance given it's not like I watch a 3D disc every day. I'd love to have the newer Android of course but this is not really a f/w update I've been waiting for or anything--like you I just got the TV recently and only mounted it a week ago...I can wait for the next version as it has already been about 3 months since 6.5830 and I can't imagine it being that much longer till the next one.
post #21059 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, worst-case scenario here: my 3-year-old smacked my Z9D with a toy and destroyed the screen. Has anyone seen or heard of someone able to repair it at any reasonable cost? Worst-case I’ll wait for the Z9G
post #21060 of 21096 Old 04-16-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by shintsu83 View Post
So, worst-case scenario here: my 3-year-old smacked my Z9D with a toy and destroyed the screen. Has anyone seen or heard of someone able to repair it at any reasonable cost? Worst-case I’ll wait for the Z9G
Cost? Lots! Z9G? Much, MUCH more (only coming in 8k 85" and 98" versions). Sorry to here about your loss.
TomcatTLC likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony xbr-75z9d , XBR-65Z9D , xbr-940d

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page