OFFICIAL Sony XBR-65Z9D Owner's Thread [no price talk please] - Page 718 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54398Likes

post #21511 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahighland View Post
I finally canceled my bogus 65Z9D order from back in March and ordered the 75Z9D from VAC through Amazon. Looks like this one shipped.

I’m assuming this is curbside delivery. Is there any trick to signing that you received the tv, but haven’t inspected it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
Nope, just make sure you note "Subject to damage" on the bill of lading if there is anything obviously wrong with it. Laying on it's side, box looks horrible, or you see them drop it (which actually happened to me with a 940e I ordered thought VAC though Amazon) VAC is an unbelievable company and they replaced the set immediately without any hassle. You should be fine and VAC is fantastic!
I agree that Video & Audio Center is a fantastic retailer and very easy to work with. I suggest that you give them a call and get feedback on all of your questions before taking delivery; this way you will know what to expect and will be prepared for it. Their local number is 1-310-899-2929 or call toll free at 1-866-822-2289.

And if you want to curry favor with the delivery person, have coffee and pistachio croissants from Alon's Bakery waiting for him.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21512 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepeak23 View Post
Yes I have the Motionflow on standard. Don't get me wrong, the 3d looks good, I guess I was just expecting it to have the same punchy brightness as other content. I get that the glasses are going to tamp down brightness some, but thought the nit capabilities of the Z9D would help. I didn't expect that the tv itself automatically lowers 3d brightness before even putting on the glasses. I do really like the set though, was just wondering if anybody else experienced this on theirs or if I somehow got a bad one.
You can adjust the 3d brightness in the 3d menu by pressing the action button. Also, do you have either advanced contrast enhancer on (will make dark scenes darker) or the light sensor on? If the light sensor is on you for sure want to turn that off. 3d is a bit dimmer, but depending on how bright you have the set for SDR content, I don't notice a tremendous difference. I watch normal SDR content at about 20 brightness. If you're watching it maxed then 3d would for sure seem pretty dim by comparison.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21513 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I have the Motionflow on standard. Don't get me wrong, the 3d looks good, I guess I was just expecting it to have the same punchy brightness as other content. I get that the glasses are going to tamp down brightness some, but thought the nit capabilities of the Z9D would help. I didn't expect that the tv itself automatically lowers 3d brightness before even putting on the glasses. I do really like the set though, was just wondering if anybody else experienced this on theirs or if I somehow got a bad one.
You can adjust the 3d brightness in the 3d menu by pressing the action button. Also, do you have either advanced contrast enhancer on (will make dark scenes darker) or the light sensor on? If the light sensor is on you for sure want to turn that off. 3d is a bit dimmer, but depending on how bright you have the set for SDR content, I don't notice a tremendous difference. I watch normal SDR content at about 20 brightness. If you're watching it maxed then 3d would for sure seem pretty dim by comparison.
Yeah, thats probably it, I tend to have everything maxed out for sdr viewing lol. I just wasn't expecting the 3d to be dimmer since I'm used to the LG which doesn't dim the 3d. However I do like having 3d on a larger screen, which is why I would zoom fill the aspect ratio to use the entire screen on the C6 despite it cropping some of the picture. Would be nice if the Sony allowed that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21514 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, thats probably it, I tend to have everything maxed out for sdr viewing lol. I just wasn't expecting the 3d to be dimmer since I'm used to the LG which doesn't dim the 3d. However I do like having 3d on a larger screen, which is why I would zoom fill the aspect ratio to use the entire screen on the C6 despite it cropping some of the picture. Would be nice if the Sony allowed that as well.
Damn! Maxed out on SDR, you're gonna need to do something to protect your eyes homie...ha ha. Do you watch it that way in the dark? My eyes would be fatigued after 5 minutes trying to watch this thing at full brightness in even a dim room let alone a dark room. Do you find yourself blinking a lot trying to lubricate your eyes...? lol

In all seriousness, you might try turning the brightness down and leave it there for a few days to adjust to it. This way when you watch 3d it's not such a jarring difference. I used to watch my tv's super bright too and didn't realize that my eyes were as fatigued as they were until I dropped the brightness down and gave myself a few days to get used to it.

I know everyone has their own preferences, and I'm honestly not trying to be a prick, but I would seriously be concerned about permanent eye damage if you are staring into a light this bright in a dim or dark room for long periods of time.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21515 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 04:55 PM
All That Jazz

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Well its good to know it can be done at least.

And is this just on my set or does the brightness seem greatly reduced for 3d? I'm not talking about with the glasses on either, just the overall picture brightness looks much lower and changing the picture settings doesnt help much. This is on the 75z9d I just picked up...
The brightness is reduced with 3D with the Z9D. That’s just the nature of the beast. In a light-controlled room (dark), I set the brightness at 5 to 6 on either 3D or non-3D content. As Joshua points out, avoid ACE and keep the Light Sensor OFF. In a dark room, the light sensor modulates the picture brightness in an unnatural way as the picture brightness is affected by the brightness of the content being displayed on the screen at any given moment.

Here is something that might be of interest regarding active vs passive 3D:

https://www.cnet.com/news/active-3d-...-whats-better/

A/V SYSTEM: Sony Z9D 75" LCD main, LG EF9500 55” OLED, Sony A9F 65”OLED , Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3 , Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.

Last edited by Bob Fosse; 06-13-2019 at 07:39 PM.
post #21516 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 05:00 PM
All That Jazz

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
And...you can pick one of these babies up used on eBay for a low low price of $1500 bucks...
Such a deal

A/V SYSTEM: Sony Z9D 75" LCD main, LG EF9500 55” OLED, Sony A9F 65”OLED , Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3 , Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.
post #21517 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Quote:
Damn! Maxed out on SDR, you're gonna need to do something to protect your eyes homie...ha ha. Do you watch it that way in the dark? My eyes would be fatigued after 5 minutes trying to watch this thing at full brightness in even a dim room let alone a dark room. Do you find yourself blinking a lot trying to lubricate your eyes...? lol

In all seriousness, you might try turning the brightness down and leave it there for a few days to adjust to it. This way when you watch 3d it's not such a jarring difference. I used to watch my tv's super bright too and didn't realize that my eyes were as fatigued as they were until I dropped the brightness down and gave myself a few days to get used to it.

I know everyone has their own preferences, and I'm honestly not trying to be a prick, but I would seriously be concerned about permanent eye damage if you are staring into a light this bright in a dim or dark room for long periods of time.
Well maybe not all the way maxed out but I do like a bright picture lol. I was actually expecting the Z9D to maybe be a little brighter based on its reputation but I hear you. Just would have preferred the 3d to stay at those same levels but its still a really nice picture.
RobKnapp likes this.

Last edited by Mikepeak23; 06-13-2019 at 05:38 PM.
post #21518 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Dang, in a dark room a Brightness of 5-6 targets 120 nits paper white. Alternatively, Light Sensor with the defaul "35" targets the exact same thing on Pro/Home which is nice if you don't have measuring equipment. I think Bob Fosse was referring to ACE as being noticeable and adjusting on the fly (which I noticed, hence why don't use it anymore). Light Sensor stays put in a constant environment and it's not noticeable if it even changes.

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #21519 of 21688 Old 06-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Quote:
Well maybe not all the way maxed out but I do like a bright picture lol. I was actually expecting the Z9D to maybe be a little brighter based on its reputation but I hear you. Just would have preferred the 3d to stay at those same levels but its still a really nice picture.
I feel some information regarding 3D is getting lost in translation to maximize your goal of a brighter 3D experience IMO. Your perceived issues of 3D being to dark over all . Here is the main setting that is extremely important to mitigate the shortcomings of Active-shutter glasses are shutting out light half of the time; moreover, they are slightly dark even when letting light through, because they are polarized. This gives an effect similar to watching TV with sunglasses on. Obviously :-)

Brightness tips.

Set the Brightness of your 3D glasses to (High) via the "Action Menu" >>> "3D" icon once a 3D signal is activated.

Picture Mode : Advanced Settings Motion
Motion:
# 1 Motionflow:
Clearness/BFI: (Minimum.) (0) To change "Clearness" put "Motionflow to "Custom" then you may manually adjust the "Clearness setting" from default of (2) in most cases ; down.>>>(Left) to (Minimum.) (0) This is to be done manually. And what this does as I learned is brighten the picture image by turning (OFF) Black Frame Insertion . Sony calls it "Clearness"under the (Motionflow) setting
Once the Motionflow (Clearness/Black Frame Insertion) has been set it will ( HOLD ) over to other 'Picture Mode settings . At least with Using an AVR and (one) HDMI going to Z9D>>> ARC 3 input for all external devises.I do not use Black Frame Insertion/Clearness for 3D or HDR10 or Dolby Vision . (My choice) and recommendation. Note: If you like BFI it must be manually turned back (ON).
Turning "Clearness to Minimum was the best for me personally to mitigate the Active-shutter glasses.
Next step move the Motionflow: Back to the Motion of your choice from "Custom" And this "Clearness" adjustment using "Custom" must be done/set outside of the 3D signal Picture Mode. For 3D motion you like best there only Three options in 3D signal mode.
1. OFF 2. Smooth 3. Standard . Let me know if is helps as it very much was a game changer for me personally as I bought my Z9D for it's 3D capability. But Z9D is also so much more. The Z9D owners are in rarefied air . Now if you have already adjusted the Motionflow: "Clearness" as I outlined above . As Babe Ruth said "I gave it the old college try" Regards
rlb likes this.

Vision: Man Cave: XBR-65" Sony Z9D HDR 3-D Bedroom: Sony KDL- 65" W850A 3-D
Sound: Denon AVR-X4500H Front: Klipsch Epic CF-4 Rear: Klipsch Epic CF-2 Center: Klipsch KV-4 SuB: Klipsch KSW-15
Smarts: Sony UBP-X700 4K 3-D Player Dolby Vision, AppleTV-4K , PS4 , PS3 , XBOX 360 , Wii , Monster Power HTS3600 MKII

Last edited by RobKnapp; 06-13-2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Dyslexic spelling error's corrected . ...
post #21520 of 21688 Old 06-14-2019, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Nope, just make sure you note "Subject to damage" on the bill of lading if there is anything obviously wrong with it. Laying on it's side, box looks horrible, or you see them drop it (which actually happened to me with a 940e I ordered thought VAC though Amazon) VAC is an unbelievable company and they replaced the set immediately without any hassle. You should be fine and VAC is fantastic!

Thanks, this is the first time for curb-side delivery. I'll pay close attention to the box and handling. I had an issue with a TV before where there was no box damage, but the delivery service included setting up the TV on its stand and turning it on. Well it didn't turn on, called LG and they determined it was DOA due to the number of blinking lights. I helped the delivery guy carry the TV back out to the truck and we both saw that the panel was cracked in the sunlight. We didn't see this in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I agree that Video & Audio Center is a fantastic retailer and very easy to work with. I suggest that you give them a call and get feedback on all of your questions before taking delivery; this way you will know what to expect and will be prepared for it. Their local number is 1-310-899-2929 or call toll free at 1-866-822-2289.

And if you want to curry favor with the delivery person, have coffee and pistachio croissants from Alon's Bakery waiting for him.

Good idea, I'll call them. Alons...I guess my user ID gave it away!
RobKnapp likes this.
post #21521 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I see our Z9D is still the highest rated LED for movies and HDR movies, according to rtings.com anyway. It even bests the 2019 Q90r. Z9D: 8.7,8.7. Q90r 8.6,8.5. Close but no cigar! 😜 Incredible 2016 beast.
rlb, dlbsyst and RobKnapp like this.
post #21522 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark91962 View Post
I see our Z9D is still the highest rated LED for movies and HDR movies, according to rtings.com anyway. It even bests the 2019 Q90r. Z9D: 8.7,8.7. Q90r 8.6,8.5. Close but no cigar! 😜 Incredible 2016 beast.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to rain on your parade, but according to published figures at Rtings.com the Sony XBR-75X940E gets a rating of 9.00 for movies and 8.9 for HDR movies, which i believe are still the highest rating the publication has given any LCD display for these two parameters.

BTW, both sets received the highest scores for FALD performance in LCD displays, both scoring the same rating of 8.5 and the 940E has a substantially higher contrast ratio with FALD engaged (8.000:1 versus 11.700:1) as well as better viewing angle rating of 5.7 for the 940E versus 5.1 for the Z9D.

Sony XBR-940E, Integra DHC-80.2, Oppo 103, Sound Lab A-1 electrostatic speakers,SVS PC12-NSD subs, InnerSound Electrostatic Amp,, Hafler 220 amp, Harman Kardon PA5800 amp, Pioneer LD-W1, Darbee Darblet, DVDO iScan Mini, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha CR-7, Koss ESP/950, Stax SR-40, Audeze Isine 10, etc, etc.
post #21523 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to rain on your parade, but according to published figures at Rtings.com the Sony XBR-75X940E gets a rating of 9.00 for movies and 8.9 for HDR movies, which i believe are still the highest rating the publication has given any LCD display for these two parameters.

BTW, both sets received the highest scores for FALD performance in LCD displays, both scoring the same rating of 8.5 and the 940E has a substantially higher contrast ratio with FALD engaged (8.000:1 versus 11.700:1) as well as better viewing angle rating of 5.7 for the 940E versus 5.1 for the Z9D.
This is because they reviewed the 65 z9d and not the 75. I owned both. The 940e had slightly better contrast but the motion was poor, even in movies. There was obvious blur you couldn't get rid of. The 75 z9d has substantially faster pixel response than the 940e and for that reason I still find it better for movies.
rlb likes this.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21524 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

No rain here.🙄 I, like Joshua, also had the displeasure of owning the X940E for exactly 5 days because that's how long it took the truck to come to get that P.o.S. out of my house. The 6.7 motion score is generous. It had trails like a $300 set. Very disappointing considering the other excellent measurables you pointed out. Based on all the threads I've read over the years, it seems like a response time of 30 ms, like the 65" Z9D, is about the limit for acceptable motion.

Last edited by shark91962; 06-16-2019 at 05:55 PM.
post #21525 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Dont stress, you can always get your money back. Did you pay for it with a credit card? If so, getting your money back will be very easy if it's defective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmorris82 View Post
Congrats! You will not be disappointed with this set. And if you bought it on amazon returning it should be easy if there’s a problem with the tv.
Yes, paid for with credit card, and ordered from Amazon. It's not listed as "sold and shipped by Amazon" but I have faith they will take it back if there is an issue. It's coming from a Sony authorized dealer, Video and Audio Center which I have read more positive reviews than bad about. C'mon Wednesday!
RobKnapp likes this.

XBR55X850C, Denon AVRX6300H, Polk RTi10, CSi3, 65RT, 70RT, PSA V1500, Oppo 203.
post #21526 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathoosala View Post
Yes, paid for with credit card, and ordered from Amazon. It's not listed as "sold and shipped by Amazon" but I have faith they will take it back if there is an issue. It's coming from a Sony authorized dealer, Video and Audio Center which I have read more positive reviews than bad about. C'mon Wednesday!
Oh man, Video and Audio center has better customer service than almost any company I've ever dealt with. If there is an issue they will refund or replace no question. You should have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the guys taking it off the truck are careful. I ordered a 940e through them and Fedex showed up with 1 guy. So I had to help him unload the pallet and the idiot dropped his end. I made him write, "Subject to damage" on the bill of lading and I signed it. There was an issue (whether it was related to the drop or not I can't say for sure) but Video and Audio Center took care of me ASAP.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21527 of 21688 Old 06-16-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark91962 View Post
No rain here.🙄 I, like Joshua, also had the displeasure of owning the X940E for exactly 5 days because that's how long it took the truck to come to get that P.o.S. out of my house. The 6.7 motion score is generous. It had trails like a $300 set. Very disappointing considering the other excellent measurables you pointed out. Based on all the threads I've read over the years, it seems like a response time of 30 ms, like the 65" Z9D, is about the limit for acceptable motion.
Those trails were hella long. My kids watch lots of animation and when you had a dark object moving across a light background you saw trails like you were on 4 or 5 hits of acid...It was bad. Even movies and the nightly news had motion issues. People's faces were almost liquidy and nothing ever really looked in focus because the pixels were alway catching up. It's a real shame too because the contrast was so good, movies had an almost 3d look to them. Shame...
shark91962 likes this.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21528 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Oh man, Video and Audio center has better customer service than almost any company I've ever dealt with. If there is an issue they will refund or replace no question. You should have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the guys taking it off the truck are careful. I ordered a 940e through them and Fedex showed up with 1 guy. So I had to help him unload the pallet and the idiot dropped his end. I made him write, "Subject to damage" on the bill of lading and I signed it. There was an issue (whether it was related to the drop or not I can't say for sure) but Video and Audio Center took care of me ASAP.

Crutchfield is another retailer in this class. They pride themselves on providing extraordinary customer service.

I have no hesitation giving a well deserved "thumbs up" to both companies based on both their reputation and my own personal experience.
purplerain likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #21529 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathoosala View Post
So I've been tormenting myself trying to make a decision on a new TV. Wanted a 75 Z9D, but then they went away. Left trying to decide between x950g, a9g, c9, and q90r. I game and I know with my luck the BI issues of OLED would affect me. Z9D is the only TV I've seen in person where the contrast is such a great performer compared to OLED, it really has spoiled me against all other LCDs. I can't get over the 950s dark room viewing downsides, and q90r doesn't support DV. Now have the opportunity to pick up a new 75 Z9D again, but the only thing that bothers me about it is that the model is 3 years old. Should I forget about that?

C9 owner here. It’s my first OLED been a long time Sony fan. With that said I’m very happy with the C9. Gaming is awesome, VRR works with the Xbox One X and you have HDMI 2.1 peace of mind for next gen. LG has also implemented new burn in resistant measures
So it not a concern. Seriously consider the C9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, TAKE CLASSIC 5.1
post #21530 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I didn't read all the details on your situation

But..I have moved( corporation relocation) and they crated my panels

AS far as I know that is standard practice for moving companies

Warren
Interesting. Okay, thank you for the info. And you used a moving company or freight?
post #21531 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Interesting. Okay, thank you for the info. And you used a moving company or freight?
It was a corporate relocation
They subbed out the crating of my TV's( and some other items)

But the moving company stored and moved them..after they were crated

After they were delivered to the new location another crating company came out and uncrated and placed them

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
post #21532 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Why don't you just watch the movers do it and give them clear instructions. Tell them it was expensive and the model is no longer available for purchase and tell them exactly how you want them to handle it? Wouldn't that pretty much put your concerns to bed? It is ok to give the people you are paying to move your stuff instructions. A little bit of communication can go a long way, especially if delivered with a bit of kindness. Even a gesture as simple as offering someone a bottle of water or buying them lunch can make a world of difference. Think of it this way, you will be saving 200 bucks since you're not having the AV guys take it down (which is highway robbery to unmount and pack a tv in a box)
Yes, that's the goal. However, since its a long distance move, I won't be around the movers at all times, and sometimes they use different movers upon delivery. They won't necessarily have those instructions. I do agree saving money would be a good thing, but I want to make sure it survives the move. Long distance moves can be tricky. Thanks for the info though. I think I have decided on having the movers handle it, and making sure its insured.
post #21533 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
It was a corporate relocation
They subbed out the crating of my TV's( and some other items)

But the moving company stored and moved them..after they were crated

After they were delivered to the new location another crating company came out and uncrated and placed them

Warren
Interesting. None of the moving companies I inquired about mentioned anything about crates. That would be great though.
post #21534 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Interesting. None of the moving companies I inquired about mentioned anything about crates. That would be great though.
If you are moving to another state and/or need storage in an interim period...I think any moving company is going to require crating
Otherwise I don't think they would be willing to take responsibility or give you a reimbursement guarantee for anything broken

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
post #21535 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
C9 owner here. It’s my first OLED been a long time Sony fan. With that said I’m very happy with the C9. Gaming is awesome, VRR works with the Xbox One X and you have HDMI 2.1 peace of mind for next gen. LG has also implemented new burn in resistant measures
So it not a concern. Seriously consider the C9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also have a Sony A1E and it is fantastic. Not as bright obviously and you would lose some detail in the peak whites and brightest highlights but the picture still looks fantastic. The one thing I've always heard about OLEDs being bad is the motion. You get quite a bit of stutter in panning shots. This is true with the Sony and you have to engage a little frame interpolation to get rid of it. Sony's motion processing is better than pretty much every other manufacturer and the frame interpolation on the OLED doesn't bother me. If that kind of thing does bother you I would consider that with the nature of instant pixel response time, you will get stutter in panning shots, especially with high contrast images like street lights on a dark background. They get pretty jumpy...

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #21536 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Not sure how the scoring works, but in person side by side it's no comparison

post #21537 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I also have a Sony A1E and it is fantastic. Not as bright obviously and you would lose some detail in the peak whites and brightest highlights but the picture still looks fantastic. The one thing I've always heard about OLEDs being bad is the motion. You get quite a bit of stutter in panning shots. This is true with the Sony and you have to engage a little frame interpolation to get rid of it. Sony's motion processing is better than pretty much every other manufacturer and the frame interpolation on the OLED doesn't bother me. If that kind of thing does bother you I would consider that with the nature of instant pixel response time, you will get stutter in panning shots, especially with high contrast images like street lights on a dark background. They get pretty jumpy...
My local Best Buy has the A9G in their Magnolia room, and dayum it looks really good

post #21538 of 21688 Old 06-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fosse View Post
Yes, I’m on OREO. I should have clarified in my last post that on my TV, that it’s occurred pre & post OREO and only while watching 3D.
That's super weird. I haven't had that issue since after I updated to Oreo almost a year ago. But I do know exactly what you are talking about. How weird...
I only ever experienced the 3D problem when I messed around with the Video settings.

System I | Sony 75Z9D | Oppo BDP-203 and 103D | ATV5 | Energy Veritas 1.8 (LR) | 2.0 (C) | 2.0R (S+SB) | Mirage OMD-5 (FH, RH)
Yamaha CX-A5100 | MX-A5000 x 2 | Dayton UM18-22 Sealed x2 w/ iNuke 6000DSP | Panamax Power 360 Strip
System II | Sony 75Z9D | ATV5 | Denon AVR-A100 | NAD T973 | Mirage OMD-28, OMD C2, OMD-5 | SVS PB12+/2
post #21539 of 21688 Old 06-19-2019, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My 65z9d is out of warranty. It's showing vertical streaks. Diagnosed as a bad t-con board. I have a new board. Does anyone know how to remove the rear cover. I removed all the screws. Not coming off.
post #21540 of 21688 Old 06-19-2019, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 8
TV arrived today. Forklift holes on both sides of box. Punctured interior seals. They refused to stay until I could open the box to check the extent, so I refused delivery. I guess me and the Z9D weren't meant to be together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	2581960   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	2581962   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	681.4 KB
ID:	2581964  

XBR55X850C, Denon AVRX6300H, Polk RTi10, CSi3, 65RT, 70RT, PSA V1500, Oppo 203.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony xbr-75z9d , XBR-65Z9D , xbr-940d

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page