OFFICIAL Sony XBR-65Z9D Owner's Thread [no price talk please] - Page 740 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54594Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22171 of 22261 Old 12-08-2019, 09:22 PM
All That Jazz
 
Bob Fosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everwood
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
I see you have made the transition from the Z9D to the 77 A9G. Do you feel you miss the brightness of the Z?
Not at all. However, that being said, we watch in a light controlled dark room, so brightness is not an issue. While the A9G can’t get as bright as the Z9D, which as you know, can be give blindingly bright levels if desired, the A9G can get sufficiently bright in my opinion. I also own both a A9F and A8G at vacation homes which we watch in moderately bright rooms and insufficient brightness of either of these TVs has never been an issue.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.
Bob Fosse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22172 of 22261 Old 12-08-2019, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
joshua goard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,836
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fosse View Post
Not at all. However, that being said, we watch in a light controlled dark room, so brightness is not an issue. While the A9G can’t get as bright as the Z9D, which as you know, can be give blindingly bright levels if desired, the A9G can get sufficiently bright in my opinion. I also own both a A9F and A8G at vacation homes which we watch in moderately bright rooms and insufficient brightness of either of these TVs has never been an issue.
I agree 100% with this. I've never felt that my OLED needed to be brighter. Even just a few years ago 500 to 600 nits was considered VERY bright. I remember when I got a new Samsung JS8500 and that thing was a torch...but it didn't even get half as bright as the z...The Z9D gets "Holy $#!&" bright but it's not like any thing less than "Holy $#!&" isn't bright enough...

OLEDs are plenty bright and in my opinion the A1E has the nicer overall picture compared to the z9d but I wanted 3d in the theater room...
Bob Fosse likes this.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
joshua goard is offline  
post #22173 of 22261 Old 12-09-2019, 01:11 AM
All That Jazz
 
Bob Fosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everwood
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
OLEDs are plenty bright and in my opinion the A1E has the nicer overall picture compared to the z9d but I wanted 3d in the theater room...
Damn I miss 3D even if I only have a handful of these movies. Add Jim Carrey’s 3D version of “A Christmas Story” to the list of the ones that I mentioned in my list above.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.
Bob Fosse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22174 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Urgent: Cleaning Lady used duster on z9d

Hi guys,
Quick question,

I'm sort of freaking out. I caught my cleaning lady using a duster to clean my z9d!!! Looks like some type of feather duster. Could this have damaged the panel? She never did this before, and I always use a microfiber cloth only. Is there anything I can do make sure she didn't scratch the tv? Would screen cleaner be helpful? Any help would be great.

Last edited by MLM87; 12-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22175 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
joshua goard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,836
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Hi guys,
Quick question,

I'm sort of freaking out. I caught my cleaning lady using a duster to clean my z9d!!! Looks like some type of feather duster. Could this have damaged the panel? She never did this before, and I always use a microfiber cloth only. Is there anything I can do make sure she didn't scratch the tv? Would screen cleaner be helpful? Any help would be great.
The panel is underneath the screen and cannot be damaged by a feather duster. Soft dry cloth is best for removing dust. If you have fingerprints or smudge marks you can get an LCD screen cleaner on Amazon...just do a search

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
joshua goard is offline  
post #22176 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
The panel is underneath the screen and cannot be damaged by a feather duster. Soft dry cloth is best for removing dust. If you have fingerprints or smudge marks you can get an LCD screen cleaner on Amazon...just do a search
Yes, I have audioquest screen cleaner and never use it. I just use the microfiber cloth in the box. So the feather duster(even if she used it on other household things) will not cause any scratches to the screen or damage the anti-reflective coating? I had damage to my anti-reflective coating on the x930e that I eventually exchanged for my z9d. However, this was not caused by physical damage of any kind.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22177 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
joshua goard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,836
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Yes, I have audioquest screen cleaner and never use it. I just use the microfiber cloth in the box. So the feather duster(even if she used it on other household things) will not cause any scratches to the screen or damage the anti-reflective coating? I had damage to my anti-reflective coating on the x930e that I eventually exchanged for my z9d. However, this was not caused by physical damage of any kind.
I don't imagine a feather duster is going to hurt anything. But if you want to be overly cautious just tell the cleaning lady not to clean the tv screen.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
joshua goard is offline  
post #22178 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
I don't imagine a feather duster is going to hurt anything. But if you want to be overly cautious just tell the cleaning lady not to clean the tv screen.
Yes, I already told her that. Haha. It looks like it was a swiffer 360 duster. I believe Mutelight said he used this before on his tvs, but I'm not sure if she cleaned things with the swiffer before she started to clean the z9d.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22179 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Yes, I already told her that. Haha. It looks like it was a swiffer 360 duster. I believe Mutelight said he used this before on his tvs, but I'm not sure if she cleaned things with the swiffer before she started to clean the z9d.
See this on Sony, hope this might give you some idea
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00027665
scroll down the screen and you will see link for the "cleaning OLED and LCD screen, try to get the direct link copy here but it is not working.

Last edited by Indi; 12-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Indi is offline  
post #22180 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi View Post
See this on Sony, hope this might give you some idea
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00027665
scroll down the screen and you will see link for the "cleaning OLED and LCD screen, try to get the direct link copy here but it is not working.
Does this include a swiffer 360? Not that I would ever use it, but unfortunately my cleaning lady did.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22181 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Hi guys,
Quick question,

I'm sort of freaking out. I caught my cleaning lady using a duster to clean my z9d!!! Looks like some type of feather duster. Could this have damaged the panel? She never did this before, and I always use a microfiber cloth only. Is there anything I can do make sure she didn't scratch the tv? Would screen cleaner be helpful? Any help would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Yes, I have audioquest screen cleaner and never use it. I just use the microfiber cloth in the box. So the feather duster(even if she used it on other household things) will not cause any scratches to the screen or damage the anti-reflective coating? I had damage to my anti-reflective coating on the x930e that I eventually exchanged for my z9d. However, this was not caused by physical damage of any kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Yes, I already told her that. Haha. It looks like it was a swiffer 360 duster. I believe Mutelight said he used this before on his tvs, but I'm not sure if she cleaned things with the swiffer before she started to clean the z9d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Does this include a swiffer 360? Not that I would ever use it, but unfortunately my cleaning lady did.
Geeze, lots of post about dusting! You're making me anxious!

It is probably perfectly fine. I have dusted my Z9D, 930E, and A1E which I had used on other electronics and all is well.

There would have to be something rather hard and/or sharp to caused damage as well as some pressure and fast movement of the duster. If you can't see any issues without getting up against the screen and shining a bright light at an angle, then just sit back and enjoy the clean TV.
mutelight is online now  
post #22182 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Geeze, lots of post about dusting! You're making me anxious!

It is probably perfectly fine. I have dusted my Z9D, 930E, and A1E which I had used on other electronics and all is well.

There would have to be something rather hard and/or sharp to caused damage as well as some pressure and fast movement of the duster. If you can't see any issues without getting up against the screen and shining a bright light at an angle, then just sit back and enjoy the clean TV.
Hah. That's good to know. Did you use a feather duster or a swiffer 360?
MLM87 is offline  
post #22183 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Hah. That's good to know. Did you use a feather duster or a swiffer 360?
Swiffer, just a normal one but it looks like the only difference is the soft fibers are all around on the 360.
mutelight is online now  
post #22184 of 22261 Old 12-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Swiffer, just a normal one but it looks like the only difference is the soft fibers are all around on the 360.
Interesting. So it uses microfiber? Okay, thanks for the info.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22185 of 22261 Old 12-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Member
 
kee68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wonder Lake,
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarys View Post
Please post a link if you find it. I don't mind waiting personally. Oreo was a big speed improvement, so I'm hoping for more of the same with Pie. We can't change the old processor, but the code can always be better optimized for it.
I found this link that says our Z9D is getting Pie.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...uery=XRR-75Z9D
kee68 is offline  
post #22186 of 22261 Old 12-11-2019, 12:49 PM
MovieBuff
 
drhemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AB Canada
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kee68 View Post
I found this link that says our Z9D is getting Pie.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...uery=XRR-75Z9D
I can't see that this link has anything to do with Pie. It seems to be a link to a previous firmware upgrade from earlier this year. If you can further clarify, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne
m_snow likes this.

Family Room Theatre: Sony XBR-100Z9D, Kaleidescape, Oppo 203, AppleTV 4K, Meridian 861v6, Meridian 722, Meridian DSP Speakers 640 x 2, 520 x 1, 320 x 2, DSW x 2.
Loft: Sony XBR-75Z9D, Kaleidescape, Oppo 203, AppleTV 4K, Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar
2 Channel Room: Meridian 808.6, DSP-8000SE, Roon, Shunyata Hydra, Shunyata and Audioquest Cables
drhemi is offline  
post #22187 of 22261 Old 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Member
 
kee68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wonder Lake,
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhemi View Post
I can't see that this link has anything to do with Pie. It seems to be a link to a previous firmware upgrade from earlier this year. If you can further clarify, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne
You are correct sorry my bad
kee68 is offline  
post #22188 of 22261 Old 12-12-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,507
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by kee68 View Post
I found this link that says our Z9D is getting Pie.
Outside of the US/Canada, there is a version 6.6545. It shows for "F" models.

The site for France shows the Z being updated to 6.6545 too.

https://www.sony.fr/electronics/supp...loads/00016450
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.6545.png
Views:	40
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	2652856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2652862  

Last edited by LeeSoFl; 12-12-2019 at 05:40 AM.
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #22189 of 22261 Old 12-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
gtbdevs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
Outside of the US/Canada, there is a version 6.6545. It shows for "F" models.

The site for France shows the Z being updated to 6.6545 too.

https://www.sony.fr/electronics/supp...loads/00016450

Translated..

About this download

Benefits and improvements brought by the latest update
Improved network connectivity with some routers
Improved stability and performance of the user interface
Improved compatibility with some CAM modules and troubleshooting channel storage (Russia only)
gtbdevs is offline  
post #22190 of 22261 Old 12-12-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ES_Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 2,303
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
Outside of the US/Canada, there is a version 6.6545. It shows for "F" models.

The site for France shows the Z being updated to 6.6545 too.

https://www.sony.fr/electronics/supp...loads/00016450
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbdevs View Post


Translated..

About this download

Benefits and improvements brought by the latest update
Improved network connectivity with some routers
Improved stability and performance of the user interface
Improved compatibility with some CAM modules and troubleshooting channel storage (Russia only)
Well that's intersetting given we haven't even gotten the 6535 update yet. Wonder what the hold-up is?
ES_Revenge is offline  
post #22191 of 22261 Old 12-15-2019, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Swiffer, just a normal one but it looks like the only difference is the soft fibers are all around on the 360.
Mutelight, how do you usually clean your display if its too dark to see the glass? Do you use a flashlight? Trying to see what was left over from the swiffer.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22192 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Mutelight, how do you usually clean your display if its too dark to see the glass? Do you use a flashlight? Trying to see what was left over from the swiffer.
The Z9D isn't glass but I use a clean swiffer and then if something gets on it that I can't dust I use a microfiber cloth.
mutelight is online now  
post #22193 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
We had a potluck at work today and one of the rooms that was redone in the past year or so, I hadn't been in it since it was converted from a store to a conference room.

The potluck being spread across multiple rooms, I wandered into this one and saw a very familiar gold trim on the TV. There were two of these on stands... then it clicked, we have a pair of 100" Z9Ds on campus.


mutelight is online now  
post #22194 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Craig Mecak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
We had a potluck at work today and one of the rooms that was redone in the past year or so, I hadn't been in it since it was converted from a store to a conference room.

The potluck being spread across multiple rooms, I wandered into this one and saw a very familiar gold trim on the TV. There were two of these on stands... then it clicked, we have a pair of 100" Z9Ds on campus.

And soon you will have none, now that the word is out! :-)

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4 Receiver [+Sony Power Amp for Rear Height] / Sony KD-65Z9D / JVC HD1 DILA Projector / 90" screen / OPPO UDP-203 UHD blu-ray / Apple TV 4K
Ascension Summoner 3-way Front Speakers / Ascension 3-way Centre Speaker / Peachtree D5 Surrounds / Yamaha NS-555 3-Way Rear Speakers / ERA D4 x 4 Height Speakers / Rythmik Audio F15HP Sub
Craig Mecak is online now  
post #22195 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
The Z9D isn't glass but I use a clean swiffer and then if something gets on it that I can't dust I use a microfiber cloth.
Okay, but do you use a flashlight to see the dust? I don't get enough natural light in the room to see the dust.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22196 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Mecak View Post
And soon you will have none, now that the word is out! :-)
Hahahaha!

I emailed the main AV manager for the campus to ask if I could bring in on of my 4K BD players to toy around with one and got the "all clear".

Unfortunately the room it is in is fairly bright so I won't be able to have a critical viewing experience but I am grabbing some of my 4k nits mastered content to try to compare the native 2.1k knits native panel vs our lowly 1.7k nits panels.
grtuck likes this.
mutelight is online now  
post #22197 of 22261 Old 12-17-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,377
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM87 View Post
Okay, but do you use a flashlight to see the dust? I don't get enough natural light in the room to see the dust.
If you don't see dust, then just gently dust the screen when you see fit, and if you don't perceive any dust, then it isn't a problem.
mutelight is online now  
post #22198 of 22261 Old 12-18-2019, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I just noticed flatpanelshd.com has several ratings categories including "Best HDR TVs". As expected, the industry bias against LED TVs shines through in spades with OLEDs taking the top 18 spots in their rankings. Our venerated Z9Ds still own the top LED rank at #19 overall, beating out the Q9FN, Q90R, and Q900R by a substantial margin. They measured the Z9D's black level at a record low 0.022 nits, edging out the not available in the U.S. Panasonic DX900 (0.025 nits - also a 2016 model) and obliterating the 3 Samsungs. We're obviously living in the Stranger Things upside down world as LED display tech appears to be steadily regressing while everything else on the planet evolves and advances. I just may have to buy some of the N.O.S. Z9D parts listed on ebay to ensure I can get my 1800 nit HDR fix for the foreseeable future.
pbz06 likes this.

Sony XBR-65Z9D, Sony UBP-X700, Onkyo TX-NR686 THX 7.2 Receiver
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Speakers
Sennheiser RS185 and RS165 Headphones, Roku 4k Streaming Stick+
shark91962 is offline  
post #22199 of 22261 Old 12-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
If you don't see dust, then just gently dust the screen when you see fit, and if you don't perceive any dust, then it isn't a problem.
Okay, sounds good. Will do.
MLM87 is offline  
post #22200 of 22261 Old 12-19-2019, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
purplerain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
The Z9D isn't glass but I use a clean swiffer and then if something gets on it that I can't dust I use a microfiber cloth.
I have used a brand new microfiber towel with distilled water (sprayed on towel) to clean the whole screen and the results are perfect. Very gentle though
pilotart likes this.

*ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY*
*TV: Sony XBR65Z9D* - *BD Player: Pioneer UDP-LX 500* - *AVR: Yamaha RX-A3070* - *Audio System: (2) Funk Audio 6.1P’s towers - (2) Funk Audio 3.4D’s surrounds - (1) Funk 18.0C sub*
purplerain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
flicker , sony xbr-75z9d , sync , XBR-65Z9D , xbr-940d

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off