Hey all, so I recently posted in the owners thread about my great JU7100 taking a dive and having some board and panel issues. My extended warranty through BB was going to cover it (#3 in a row now unfortunately) but after the service guy visited and said I'll recommend a replacement they called back the next day and said, wait we want to try a panel from a different set in stock, we'll swing by and get your TV.
A bit hesitant I'm like OK but was going to ask the service guy what his plan was when he came in. He says they have a JU6500 panel in stock and that it should just work. I of course raised some concerns over quality etc and he assured me it should be fine. I naturally jump to the different review sites to jog my memory on the 6500 and am now even more concerned. Hopefully you can inform me better on a few of these issues.
- The panel has a different finish which from what I see online will reflect more light than my 7100 does. Doesn't look like a huge amount but it is a completely different finish.
- The JU6500 is listed at 60hz while the 7100 is 120hz. Is that panel specific or with a replaced mainboard in the 7100 will that just start working at 120hz?
- Same Q but for 24p playback which apparently the 6500 completely misses. That one I presume is all mainboard controlled but let me know.
- The 6500 doesn't list any local dimming, is that panel specific?
- Does anyone know if the part #'s
are interchangeable between these two sets or if these guys are literally just winging it to keep BB happy?
Any insights appreciated!