Notice: All Beta and Wide Release Firmware discussions
for older and current Firmware now take place here:
Beta Bug / General Firmware Release Discussion
Please do not post here anymore
Do not Add Serial Number Requests here.
Use the above location from now on.
The above link will instruct how to get on
the Beta/Early Firmware Release List.
This '2274' Message Thread at some point will be
Locked or Deleted.
Special Notice: ____________________________________________
Vizio released another Short-Term,
Beta Firmware for the 2016 P-Series and M-Series.
Jump there now, to this Message Post.
If you never posted your Serial Number
to Matt McRae, see This Post over in the 22.214.171.124 Thread.
Hi All Vizio Owners,
For Your Vizio Model TV or Display:
E40-E0, E43-E2, E43u-D2, E48u-D0,
E50-E1, E50-E3, E50u-D2, E50x-E1,
E55-E1, E55-E2, E55u-D0, E55u-D2,
E65-E0, E65-E1, E65-E3, E65u-D3,
This will be a time-sensitive Message Thread per Firmware release.
There will be some overlap whenever Vizio releases a new Firmware,
so there will be a mix of owners on the older and new Firmware.
I'll then start a new Message Thread for any new Firmware release.
Over the few weeks when most owners will be off of the older, previous
Firmware, that Message Thread should not continue with posts.
Please jump-in to post any concerns with this latest firmware.
Please, only post if you are an owner or the main caretaker of a Vizio
TV or Display with the above-mention Firmware number.
If posting or replying about an issue, please post your Model Series
as listed in this post.
This first post here may be edited in the future with updated info,
so perhaps you may wish to bookmark it.
Vizio's 126.96.36.199 Firmware Page for Your Model
(Does not include the Special Beta 188.8.131.52).
Main Concerns That I'm Aware of:
a) Motion Issues*.
b) Scene Flashing.
c) ALZ 'Pulsing' being reported by some owners.
* Motion Issue Update Oct 28, 2016
By Casting a YouTube Judder Test Video, I notice that Judder 10
is the same as either 1
or perhaps 0
. The maximum Reduce Judder is setting is therefore 9
, at least with my P50-C1
The higher the Reduce Judder
setting, the more video tearing/distortion/missing parts
of fast moving objects, from what I see in this Judder Test Video. A setting of 1
is best. A compromise setting of 4
is another choice. The setting of 0
has the shakiest and finer image-trailing type artifacts.
Whenever the Motion/Judder
problem shows up, and if GLL On
is used, even though Reduce Judder
slider is grayed-out, it is still active with it's last setting value, which can be changed by tapping in between the slider and its value setting.
If using this feature, it's probably for gaming and sports, but to me, it's ugly for series and movie watching. Using this for shows/movies only exaggerates the multi-ghost-like trailing of people and all other fast-moving objects.
I did not get around to further investigate the on-again/off-again Judder/Motion Issue
last night. Next week.
YouTube Judder and other Test/Calibration Videos links for Casting, to be added soon.
From Vizio's Firmware Information Page
applies to the VIZIO SmartCast Home Theater Displays and SmartCast HDTVs and is intended to help you understand how to get the most current version of your Home Theater Display or HDTV's Firmware. This article currently applies to the below models:
Current Firmware Version: 184.108.40.206
- Improvements on HDR10 picture quality
- Fix for "green tint" issue on PlayStation 4 when in Deep Color
- Fixed pairing issue with iPhone 7
- Fixed more instances of split screen
- Fixed instances of stuttering or frame drops
- Sharpness setting fixed (doesn't revert)
- Clear Action scanning improvements for 60Hz
- 40IRE adjustment fixed in Calibrated Dark
- Fixes for ARC and dropped audio
- Wake on CAST improvements
- Fixes for freezing seen in Hulu app
- Improvements in OOBE and pairing during setup
- General stability and PQ improvements across the system
More on How to install current and future Firmware Releases
by WiFi or USB Thumb Drive.
Courtesy From Jasonn_B (Has a Special High-Level Vizio Contact):
Upcoming Firmware (Nov or Dec) 2.6.2?
- 4k and HEVC on capable devices with built-in Chromecast support (2016 Vizio TVs and the Nvidia Shield)
- Massively improved start up time, which should fix occasional timeouts when casting from Chrome.
- Fixed issues with Watch Later and Recommended videos.
- Fixed performance issue after the post-play timer is displayed multiple times.