vizio-beta-bug-general-firmware-release-discussion - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes

post #931 of 1304 Old 07-13-2017, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
I don't think it's going to public in quick time seeing many bugs reporting. I think Vizio dev team is quite behind the schedule.

I dont think they have a set schedule. 16.3 has only been in beta for 2 weeks and the past 2 beta fw that were put out lasted about a month maybe 6 weeks. I dont really see a lot of bugs getting reported but im sure they are hard at work fixing what needs it and. Honestly they said this beta wouldnt come until sometime this summer which we just got into. Sit tight because if you havent got in the beta program you will be very satisfied when you do get the fw update. They have tightened up the backlight behavior very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz86 View Post
Is #3 referring to optical passthrough or ARC? I'm on M65-E0 and my digital optical passthrough to my 7.1 Receiver is registering as 2.1, passed through as bitstream.

On standard firmware (only recently PM'd Matt)
I just noticed what I quoted was for 3.0.13.5 back in January. The official firmware is way past that at 3.2.13.3. So this bug appears to still be present. Can others confirm this behavior on their set? And perhaps, can those on the beta see if optical passthrough > 2.1 is fixed?
post #933 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksomkesoplenty View Post
I dont think they have a set schedule. 16.3 has only been in beta for 2 weeks and the past 2 beta fw that were put out lasted about a month maybe 6 weeks. I dont really see a lot of bugs getting reported
I agree, I haven't run across any real problems except for one time after watching 3 shows in a series on Netflix it froze a little way into the fourth show. For a beta seems pretty rock solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I just noticed what I quoted was for 3.0.13.5 back in January. The official firmware is way past that at 3.2.13.3. So this bug appears to still be present. Can others confirm this behavior on their set? And perhaps, can those on the beta see if optical passthrough > 2.1 is fixed?

It works for me. Try forcing the digital out setting from auto to bitstream and see if that changes anything.

post #935 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRSW View Post
I agree, I haven't run across any real problems except for one time after watching 3 shows in a series on Netflix it froze a little way into the fourth show. For a beta seems pretty rock solid.

Watching on the new on screen interface? I hope they get more apps on there. Im sure its far fetched but maybe apps like fox sports or espn, even some network channel apps. I would have a stroke if an xfinity stream app showed up.

post #936 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:

I don't think it's going to public in quick time
seeing many bugs reporting. I think Vizio dev
team is quite behind the schedule.

As Matt said, they posted this Beta knowing that it has some bugs in it.
Depending how many other bugs get reported and what they are, may
have some additional delay to the General Firmware Release, but I don't
know that Vizio is 'quite behind' the schedule.

Edit: Oh, and any day now, there's an Updated Beta Firmware to be
released that fixes some Color Tuner issues.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 07-14-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added That An Updated Beta Firmware - Any Day Now!
post #937 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
As Matt said, they posted this Beta knowing that it has some bugs in it.
Depending how many other bugs get reported and what they are, may
have some additional delay to the General Firmware Release, but I don't
know that Vizio is 'quite behind' the schedule.

Edit: Oh, and any day now, there's an Updated Beta Firmware to be
released that fixes some Color Tuner issues.
How many on screen apps are there in the beta fw?
post #938 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@Matt McRae
please re add me New Vizio P 50
LTMWTNDS4550805
post #939 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
How many on screen apps are there in the beta fw?
I am assuming that the number is fluid and more will be added before and after the official release.

But will we be able officially install or sideload additional apps?
post #940 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3086 Post(s)
Liked: 1811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
I am assuming that the number is fluid and more will be added before and after the official release.

But will we be able officially install or sideload additional apps?
No. There are no apps on the display. This has already been discussed many many times. The services are web based and do not reside on the display. There is no way to load or sideload apps into the system. It is up to content providers and Vizio to provide additional services.

Right now there is only a handful of services, but more will be available later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skschatzman; 07-14-2017 at 04:22 PM.
post #941 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
No. There are no apps on the display. This has already been discussed many many times. The services are web based and do not reside on the display. There is no way to load or sideload apps into the system. It is up to content providers and Vizio to provide additional services.

Right now there is only a handful of services, but more will be available later.

I thought only installed app will auto update over the air.
Without any fw update, I don't think the display will add app automatically.
post #942 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3086 Post(s)
Liked: 1811
Quote:
I thought only installed app will auto update over the air.
Without any fw update, I don't think the display will add app automatically.
There are no installed apps. It's a web interface. Vizio can add services that appear like apps just by updating the web interface. Service interfaces like Netflix/Amazon are updated by the respective companies.

There are no apps on the display.

Last edited by skschatzman; 07-14-2017 at 07:12 PM.
post #943 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
It works for me. Try forcing the digital out setting from auto to bitstream and see if that changes anything.

I have it on Bitstream, but also tried Auto, PCM, Dolby D. My PC just reports the HDMI device as max 2 channel audio, while plugging into the receiver shows 7.1
post #944 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2734 Post(s)
Liked: 2494
Quote:
I have it on Bitstream, but also tried Auto, PCM, Dolby D. My PC just reports the HDMI device as max 2 channel audio, while plugging into the receiver shows 7.1
This is a restriction imposed on Vizio by Dolby. Basically, any Dolby audio signal is reported by the TV as two channel. This will be updated in the next FW rev. as Dolby has agreed to expanding the signal listings to reflect the actual encoding. Before this update, Dolby was only allowing "Dolby Audio" to describe any of their encoding signals; whether 2.0 or 7.2. Trust your AVR in terms of what signal is actually getting pushed out from the TV.
post #945 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:

What about receiver settings. HDMI control might be something to look for or an arc setting that may be off. What about an effects settings, like standard direct or multi channel setting. Even if you are hooked up with optical cable you should still get proper pass through. Keep trying something will give.

post #946 of 1304 Old 07-14-2017, 11:41 PM

Does anyone here game and whats your experience with this tv while gaming. I have a PS4( not pro) and enjoy it for the most part. The default game mode has the backlight at 20(why so low) and the color at 63, the sharpness at 25(why so high). Also it defaults the color space at RGB. Is this correct, should it be in the YCbCr color space? I make adjustments to suit what I like, I was just curious what other people thought.

post #947 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post

I am assuming that the number is fluid and
more will be added before and after the official release.

But will we be able officially install or side-load additional apps?

Yes, you can install Apps with a Tablet or Smartphone.

The Tablet/Smartphone and its Apps will co-exist with the new 'Web-Based'
App system. (You can't add/delete what's on the 'Web-Based' system, but you
can add/remove what's on your Tablet/Smartphone.)

Only if you do not have an Android Tablet or Smartphone, you'd only have
the Web-Based Apps and the button remote control.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 07-15-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: For Cool, Cloudless, Clarity that's Clear, Clarence.
post #948 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 04:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

What about receiver settings. HDMI control might be something to look for or an arc setting that may be off. What about an effects settings, like standard direct or multi channel setting. Even if you are hooked up with optical cable you should still get proper pass through. Keep trying something will give.

Johnny, are you using hdmi or optical for sound to your pc? If optical from pc to receiver, your only option will be stereo when setting up speakers in windows. I would need more information on your setup to help...
post #949 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I didn't see this posted in the thread, but I apologize if I missed it. Reported in the P-Series Owners' Thread @rjsmith2007 posted about his audio being out of sync after upgrading to the latest beta firmware. I, too, can corroborate this. I have to set my audio to 110ms (I reported 120ms before, but I was able to dial it in using the video rjsmith2007 links) on my Pioneer SC-95 to sync up the video. Before this firmware, I've never had to alter any audio delay settings on any of my devices. I have a P65-C1 model Vizio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmith2007 View Post
I seem to be having some audio sync issues with the newest (beta) firmware. The audio plays about 100 to 150ms too early for what is displayed. I'm using the analog audio from the back of the display to a standalone speaker set. Sound is being passed from my PC through HDMI to the tv. Anyone else notice any audio sync issues?

I used this video get an approximation on the audio offset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PbyRpKrRk but I noticed the issue watching a movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
I watched Goodfellas last night on 4K UHD Blu and, yeah, my sound was WAY off. I set my SC-95 to 120ms audio delay, which synced it up well, but I need to use your Youtube video to dial it in perfectly.

I didn't see this reported in the Vizio Beta FW Bug thread, but maybe I missed it? Seems a pretty important issue to report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmith2007 View Post
I wanted to see if anyone else noticed of if it was just me before reporting it. Seems to be worse at 24hz than 60hz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rjsmith2007 likes this.
post #950 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2734 Post(s)
Liked: 2494
Quote:
I didn't see this posted in the thread, but I apologize if I missed it. Reported in the P-Series Owners' Thread @rjsmith2007 posted about his audio being out of sync after upgrading to the latest beta firmware. I, too, can corroborate this. I have to set my audio to 110ms (I reported 120ms before, but I was able to dial it in using the video rjsmith2007 links) on my Pioneer SC-95 to sync up the video. Before this firmware, I've never had to alter any audio delay settings on any of my devices. I have a P65-C1 model Vizio.
I'm getting similar issues playing UHD Blu's on my Sammy K8500. As I recall, this was also an issue prior to the latest beta FW.

I run everything through my Pioneer VSX-90. It also supports 4K/HDR passthrough, so there shouldn't be an audio sync issue per se, but it is definitely present.

Are you also using your SC-95 as an A/V input switcher or feeding just the audio to it?

Also, I found that if I adjust the audio on the player rather than the receiver I get better results.

One member suggested turning on "Game Low Latency". That kills the 3-2 pull down interpolation, but the audio is supposedly in-sync. Haven't tried it myself yet.
post #951 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 358
The VUDU app for me since the update(w/ the new remote) is losing connection...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #952 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlys View Post
Johnny, are you using hdmi or optical for sound to your pc? If optical from pc to receiver, your only option will be stereo when setting up speakers in windows. I would need more information on your setup to help...
PC -HDMI-> TV -Optical-Bitstream-> Receiver: 2.1 in Windows

PC -HDMI-> Receiver -HDMI-Video-> TV: 7.1/5.1 in Windows, but my current Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR674) is old and doesn't do 4K

I have not tried ARC, partially because as I understand it the only port that does ARC is HDMI 1, which is also the only port that does HDR, so I wouldn't get both. Plus HDMI 1's positioning excludes half my HDMI cables that are thick and inflexible, so it'd take some rerouting effort.

Last edited by johnnyz86; 07-15-2017 at 11:50 AM.
post #953 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I have not tried ARC, partially because as I understand it the only port that does ARC is HDMI 1, which is also the only port that does HDR, so I wouldn't get both. Plus HDMI 1's positioning excludes half my HDMI cables that are thick and inflexible, so it'd take some rerouting effort.

From what I know all ports will do HDR but only port 1 will do HDR in [email protected] 4:4:4. You should still be able to get HDR on the rest of your ports. Someone else here knows better than me, if you look back a bit you will find a discussion about it. Also look through the 2016 M-series owners thread and it was talked about in there too.

post #954 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
From what I know all ports will do HDR but only port 1 will do HDR in [email protected] 4:4:4. You should still be able to get HDR on the rest of your ports. Someone else here knows better than me, if you look back a bit you will find a discussion about it. Also look through the 2016 M-series owners thread and it was talked about in there too.

That make more sense from the name of the option, and from some research it appears that some consoles will only do HDR with 4K @ 60Hz, which is what I misinterpreted as all HDR. But yeah, I do also want 60Hz @ 4:4:4 as this is my PC.
post #955 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 12:50 PM

vizio-beta-bug-general-firmware-release-discussion

Quote:
That make more sense from the name of the option, and from some research it appears that some consoles will only do HDR with 4K @ 60Hz, which is what I misinterpreted as all HDR. But yeah, I do also want 60Hz @ 4:4:4 as this is my PC.

I think its more relative to if the game itself has a patch or been built for 4k and HDR. I dont have either console that does 4k but the base model ps4 still does hdr. As far as being able to get the [email protected]:4:4 @1080 im really not sure but looking over at rtings .com you might find good info. Again somewhere on here you can also find it being talked about. @Thecoolest est may know I think I remember him mention he had a pc setup.

post #956 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
@johnnyz86 @Jacksomkesoplenty

I have a PC connected to my M55-C2, so I can't really test it on my M60.
From my understanding, HDR should still work at a resolution of up to [email protected] Some streamers and media boxes can do that, so it may not be possible with Consoles like XBOX, but should be easy with a streamer or a PC.
Jacksomkesoplenty likes this.

LG 65B7 | Odroid N2 with CoreELEC | LG SK10Y+SPK8-S | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #957 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Please add me to Beta Program S/N #36LTMATLBS50136

@Matt McRae
post #958 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlys View Post
PC -HDMI-> TV -Optical-Bitstream-> Receiver: 2.1 in Windows

PC -HDMI-> Receiver -HDMI-Video-> TV: 7.1/5.1 in Windows, but my current Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR674) is old and doesn't do 4K

My set up.... gpu1080ti to tv input 2 = video... onboard asus motherboard hdmi to non 4k denon 2112 = sound... what are your options available on your pc for sound?
post #959 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
I never had to alter audio delay before either. I have to put the audio delay all the way to delay 5 because the audio plays so early. My audio is just coming from the analog rca plugs out the back to standalone speakers. I haven't tested optical out for delay.
post #960 of 1304 Old 07-15-2017, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I had a freeze tonight while changing picture modes. It seemed to unfreeze just after I had hit the power button, but it was frozen at least 10 seconds. Prior to the freeze I was getting the "windowblind" glitch, but only for a split second - which is different from what I've seen before with the "windowblind" glitch where the picture stays frozen until you reboot the display. The "windowblind" glitch popped up 3 different times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
@ matt , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , vizio 2016/2017 e m & p-series displays , vizio 4k hdr-dolby vision & hdr-10 , vizio apps: netflix - amazon - youtube & more!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page