Originally Posted by IBNR
So, oddly enough installing all these files does not, in fact, eliminate CN ads on startup. Pacino seems to be gone, but now I get a nice young lady selling shoes....
Starting ad can be removed in two ways.
1. using the patch to dipcore recovery.
2. manually. Having root on TV.
I wrote a patch for my model. It is necessary to verify the paths of file placement between my model and yours. I can write a patch to remove ads for your TV.
In essence, the effect of the patch is simple.
1. Replace the hosts file with the file in which the LeEco sites are banned from where the TV is downloading ads. Give the file the necessary rights.
2. Delete all files from the fastplay folder.
3. Delete build-in video.ts from /tvconfig folder
4. delete the system application by the name (BootAdManager / AdManager ) what it is called in your system, you need to know.
5. restart the TV.
The method works fine. Clears starting Chinese ads.
For information. How advertising gets to your TV: The Chinese send information about advertising on their database of MAC addresses of all the TVs you have bought (all models) . After that, the hosts file skips this signal and the signal goes to a special system file, which indicates where the ads should be downloaded - namely, to the fastplay folder. In this folder there is a file that indicates to the signal on which server the advertisement is located and that it needs to be downloaded to the fastplay folder and run when the system starts.
The Chinese are smart and decided to preempt. If for some reason, the signal does not reach the system file, then the BootAdManager / AdManager application is immediately connected. It uploads the advertisement to the folder and launches it. There is also a built-in advertisement in the system and it is located along the path /tvconfig/video.ts. However, ads downloaded via the Internet have a priority in front of the built-in video. The built-in video works when the TV is not connected to the Internet.
To get rid of advertising, you need to do the whole procedure one time. Namely:
1. Replacing the host file - disables the ability of the signal from the Chinese to download ads.
2. deleting files from the folder fastplay - removes ads that have already downloaded to TV.
3. Delete the video.ts file - to exclude the inclusion of the built-in video after deleting ads from the fastplay folder.
4. Deleting the application BootAdManager / AdManager eliminates downloading ads after turning off the signal through the file hosts and removing ads from the fastplay folder.
5. and only then restart the TV.