***Official*** LeEco 2016 UMax85 Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1525Likes

post #3091 of 3138 Old 05-13-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekzz View Post
i need to know is:
1.the exact name of the application that duplicates the advertising download and its exact path (mean BootAdmanager or AdManager) You can find it on your system/app or system/priv-app folders.
If you find this file in the specified folders, be sure to make an additional search on the entire system by the name of this file. Sometimes the Chinese duplicate this application in other folders.
2. Is there a fastplay folder in the system?
3. Is there a tvconfig folder and is there a video.ts file in it?
4. it is also necessary to find out where the busybox is in your system.

Ideally, I need logs from terminal with PL2303 (or u can use Remote ADB through ur mobile)
1. ls (need to see all folders in the root of the system)
2. ls -aR /sytem
3. ls -aR /data

@TimDugan I know that you used such a connection and can make the necessary logs. it could be a big logs. In idel, they should be done using a terminal program with the ability to write a log to a text file. For example SecureCRT.

when you have time, contact me in a telegram. I'll write what to do. It is a pity that we have a big time difference. I think we can solve this problem.
I noticed the same thing over the weekend. Don't normally turn my TV off (just blank screen), but grandkids were here for Mother's Day. Looking into it. Wondering if difference between US and CN recovery is involved. I've been pointing everyone at US recovery. Will update later today.

Update: Versions make no difference. I guess I didn't see adds before because Chinese servers hadn't caught up with we. Was able to clear out adds as neekzz suggested. Will work with him for a patch to make things simple.
Game Fan and IBNR like this.

Last edited by TimDugan; 05-13-2019 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3138 Old 05-13-2019, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Some post 8.0 observations...
Standard HDR (not Dolby Vision) struggles with this set. I gave up trying to get the Xbox to look right on version 6.2 but the PS4 actually did a decent job with HDR color on 6.2.
After moving to 8.0, both XBox and PS4 do not look right. Not even close. If I disable HDR on the consoles I can get a beautiful 4K image on both systems.

Apple TV with Dolby Vision continues to look incredible for most material unless watching Game of Thrones on the HBO app... that requires dropping to 4K SDR and allowing the TV to match frame rate.

Oppo player pushes Dolby Vision and continues to look stunning no matter what I feed it.

Sticking with 8.0 and giving up with HDR on the games right now.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3093 of 3138 Old 05-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennutt View Post
Standard HDR (not Dolby Vision) struggles with this set. I gave up trying to get the Xbox to look right on version 6.2 but the PS4 actually did a decent job with HDR color on 6.2.
After moving to 8.0, both XBox and PS4 do not look right. Not even close. If I disable HDR on the consoles I can get a beautiful 4K image on both systems.

Apple TV with Dolby Vision continues to look incredible for most material unless watching Game of Thrones on the HBO app... that requires dropping to 4K SDR and allowing the TV to match frame rate.

Oppo player pushes Dolby Vision and continues to look stunning no matter what I feed it.

It would be great for those of us without an Oppo to be able to access the Dolby Vision picture presets for HDR10 content. I wonder if neekzz has could be of assistance in this area; perhaps picture modes are controlled by an .xml or similar somewhere?
IBNR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3094 of 3138 Old 05-13-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Odd thing is, the ad only appears on startup occasionally, not every time. And does so even though my TV is not connected to the internet at all (though I'm sure it's just a persistent file loaded in the system somewhere). But why it doesn't show every time is a mystery to me, and far beyond my ability to figure out!
post #3095 of 3138 Old 05-13-2019, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:

Agree with all of this. Cable feeds and streaming services of all kinds are struggling with this final GOT season, I think the cinematography is largely beyond the ability of such services to deal with. I've found that the best picture is obtained by streaming the show through via Amazon Prime on the ATV app, the DV quality is quite good. HBO's own native app is terrible imo. But still, nothing comes close to the Blu-Ray discs upscaled to 4K DV by the Oppo!
post #3096 of 3138 Old 05-14-2019, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
Odd thing is, the ad only appears on startup occasionally, not every time. And does so even though my TV is not connected to the internet at all (though I'm sure it's just a persistent file loaded in the system somewhere). But why it doesn't show every time is a mystery to me, and far beyond my ability to figure out!

Read my post number 3088 on the previous page. advertising is played when TV starting from two places.
1. From the folder fastplay (downloaded via the Internet) .
2. Local video in the tvconfig folder. commercials overlap.
If the video has downloaded via the Internet, then this video plays. If the TV was without the Internet, then the local video from the /tvconfig/video.ts folder plays. To get rid of this, you need to remove ads from all places at once.

@TimDugan sent me almost all the necessary information yesterday. I already understand how to make a patch to remove all advertisements through dipcore recovery.
post #3097 of 3138 Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Read my post number 3088 on the previous page. advertising is played when TV starting from two places.
1. From the folder fastplay (downloaded via the Internet) .
2. Local video in the tvconfig folder. commercials overlap.
If the video has downloaded via the Internet, then this video plays. If the TV was without the Internet, then the local video from the /tvconfig/video.ts folder plays. To get rid of this, you need to remove ads from all places at once.

@TimDugan sent me almost all the necessary information yesterday. I already understand how to make a patch to remove all advertisements through dipcore recovery.
@neekzz & @TimDugan Thanks for all your efforts. I appreciate it, very much!
post #3098 of 3138 Old 05-17-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
Agree with all of this. Cable feeds and streaming services of all kinds are struggling with this final GOT season, I think the cinematography is largely beyond the ability of such services to deal with. I've found that the best picture is obtained by streaming the show through via Amazon Prime on the ATV app, the DV quality is quite good. HBO's own native app is terrible imo. But still, nothing comes close to the Blu-Ray discs upscaled to 4K DV by the Oppo!

My take on 8.0, so far: Primary difference is the screen layout, which makes it take longer to navigate around. I honestly can't tell any PQ difference except with ATV DV. It does "seem" better with dark details a little better defined. HDR looks the same to me, lighter and much less accurate, color wise. I run ATV4 through my AVR to the TV. I also have my DTV run through my Oppo, which does a great job at upscaling the DTV signal. Last, but not least, is 3D. I love it, don't notice any difference in the PQ and my glasses "seem" to be recognized a little bit quicker with 8.0.

I'm looking forward to when neekzz and TimDugan develop a patch to get rid of the commercials, at start up.
bennutt likes this.
post #3099 of 3138 Old 05-20-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Fan View Post
I'm looking forward to when neekzz and TimDugan develop a patch to get rid of the commercials, at start up.
The patch will be ready in a few days. trouble with time.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3100 of 3138 Old 05-20-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
The patch will be ready in a few days. trouble with time.

Awesome! No hurry. Take your time and keep up the good work.
post #3101 of 3138 Old 05-22-2019, 11:56 AM

Hello!
Finished the patch to remove ads.
Installation:
1. Install recovery from dipcore.
2. Put the patch in the root of the pendrive (formated FAT32).
3. Log in to the recovery.
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cq...nCxlQxlXbUzSBc

Try and feedback pls.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3102 of 3138 Old 05-22-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hello!
Try and feedback pls.
I had already cleared out saved adds so was basically add free, but installed patch from dipcore's recovery without a hitch. All looks good. Captured logs of install and subsequent boot if of any interest to neekzee. Many thanks!
Game Fan likes this.
post #3103 of 3138 Old 05-22-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Hello!
Installation:
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.

Try and feedback pls.

Easy install. Works great. Neekzz you are "The Man!" NO MORE ADS! NO MORE ADS! Thank you sir!!!
post #3104 of 3138 Old 05-22-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDugan View Post
I had already cleared out saved adds so was basically add free, but installed patch from dipcore's recovery without a hitch. All looks good. Captured logs of install and subsequent boot if of any interest to neekzee. Many thanks!

Many thanks to you, too! You have been a very important part of continuing to improve the viewing experience of this TV.
post #3105 of 3138 Old 05-22-2019, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Hello!
Installation:
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.

Try and feedback pls.
Big thanks again to @neekzz and @TimDugan .

Neekzz, have you had any luck using the service menu or altering system files to achieve more accurate color performance, grayscale, or other picture quality improvements with other LeEco models? I think it would be particularly useful if one could figure out how to enable the Dolby Vision picture presets for non-Dolby Vision content with the uMax85.

Cheers!
post #3106 of 3138 Old 05-25-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hello!
Installation:
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.

Try and feedback pls.
Quote:
Easy install. Works great. Neekzz you are "The Man!" NO MORE ADS! NO MORE ADS! Thank you sir!!!

Celebrated too soon. Commercials are back.
post #3107 of 3138 Old 05-26-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:

Do you keep yours connected to the network?
I haven’t done this yet, but I keep mine unplugged from lan and no WiFi. Wondering if it can self heal online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3108 of 3138 Old 05-26-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Do you keep yours connected to the network?
I haven’t done this yet, but I keep mine unplugged from lan and no WiFi. Wondering if it can self heal online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine connected by ethernet, not wifi. There's definitely something going on by being connected to the internet. I'm sure neekzz will be able to figure it out.
post #3109 of 3138 Old 05-26-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Interesting! I had occasion to reinstall firmware today and was also surprised with a commercial. In a previous install I had deleted everything in the fastplay directory as suggested by neekzz. Went looking to see what his patch might not have done. Found 3 files in fastplay that I had probably deleted before but that the patch did not address: a .json and two .xls files. Deleted them and commercial gone. Naturally I didn't take note of file names!
post #3110 of 3138 Old 05-27-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
It is likely that in the UMax85 the Chinese have made additional black moves for advertising. In models of the fourth series (43, 50, 55, 65 inches), this patch works. Advertising does not appear at all. In our system there is a file in which there are links to download ads. But we have enough patch to get rid of advertising. I will check this file on my system and ask to see this file on your system. Hope this helps. I'll do it soon.

@TimDugan , I know about these 3 files. They are uploaded to the system after all files are completely deleted from the folder (using a patch). I do not know where they come from, but they do not affect the appearance of advertising. In our systems, these files are also present, but there is no advertising. This is different. We need to understand where else the TV is downloading ads.
post #3111 of 3138 Old 05-28-2019, 01:08 PM

Hi! Try this UMax85_ADS_remover_v.2.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ax...4XcwYQONV_Bsaq

Installation:
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3112 of 3138 Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Easy install. No problems, no ads.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3113 of 3138 Old 05-28-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ax...4XcwYQONV_Bsaq

Installation:
4. Install the patch.
5. Reboot the system.
Quote:
Easy install. No problems, no ads.

I agree. Ads are gone.
post #3114 of 3138 Old 05-28-2019, 04:58 PM

TimDugan, do you think there's any way you or you and neekzz could copy the tv tuner in the us firmware and replace the tuner in the Chinese firmware with it? Just curious and hoping...
post #3115 of 3138 Old 05-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
TimDugan, do you think there's any way you or you and neekzz could copy the tv tuner in the us firmware and replace the tuner in the Chinese firmware with it? Just curious and hoping...
the tuner itself is the same. Even the tuner drivers are the same in both the US and CN firmware. The Chinese firmware lacks several libraries and internal bin files. To understand what exactly, we need tests. Unfortunately, it is on the TV with a diagonal of 50 inches US firmware does not work and I can not test it. I will try to make out the zip US firmware and compare files with CN. I do not promise that it will work, but I will try.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3116 of 3138 Old 05-29-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
the tuner itself is the same. Even the tuner drivers are the same in both the US and CN firmware. The Chinese firmware lacks several libraries and internal bin files. To understand what exactly, we need tests. Unfortunately, it is on the TV with a diagonal of 50 inches US firmware does not work and I can not test it. I will try to make out the zip US firmware and compare files with CN. I do not promise that it will work, but I will try.

Wonderful. You are doing a great job. Being able to use the US tuner on the CN firmware may convince other owners of this TV to download the CN firmware.
post #3117 of 3138 Old 05-29-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
I've been digging into the tuner and trying different things. No success so far. With neekzz's smarts and my non-aversion to mucking things up (I've probably started fresh over a dozen times this month), maybe a solution will be found. Stay tuned!
post #3118 of 3138 Old 05-29-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I've been digging into the tuner and trying different things. No success so far. With neekzz's smarts and my non-aversion to mucking things up (I've probably started fresh over a dozen times this month), maybe a solution will be found. Stay tuned!

If it can be done, you and neekzz will do it! I have confidence in you both. Wish I had the know how to help, instead of just making requests.
post #3119 of 3138 Old 05-31-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:

What I've noticed is, the CN firmware tuner does not scan the US frequencies, just those for digital tv in China. When I was on US firmware, a long time ago, the tuner scanned the US frequencies and worked great. Don't know if this will help you in finding a fix or not.
post #3120 of 3138 Old 05-31-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
What I've noticed is, the CN firmware tuner does not scan the US frequencies, just those for digital tv in China. When I was on US firmware, a long time ago, the tuner scanned the US frequencies and worked great. Don't know if this will help you in finding a fix or not.
There is a gouge on DTV on the 4pda forum that provides good detail, https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry70120666 and lets you get away from CN frequencies, but I haven't had success. I think our US TV standard ATSC is missing from the CN firmware. Still trying to pin that down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolbyvision , hdr10 , leeco , uhd , umax85

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page