***Official*** LeEco 2016 UMax85 Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please - Page 105 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1525Likes

post #3121 of 3138 Old 06-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Fan View Post
I agree. Ads are gone.
Well...all the full screen, normal ads are gone. However, a small, what I'd call a pop up ad, has started in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It appears during the last phase of boot up, when the spinning circle comes on. Seems like it lasts about 10 seconds, then goes away. The ad started showing up on Saturday, June 1st and has continued ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3138 Old 06-02-2019, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Haven't seen anything like that. Video of complete boot process would be of interest.
post #3123 of 3138 Old 06-03-2019, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Well...all the full screen, normal ads are gone. However, a small, what I'd call a pop up ad, has started in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It appears during the last phase of boot up, when the spinning circle comes on. Seems like it lasts about 10 seconds, then goes away. The ad started showing up on Saturday, June 1st and has continued ever since.
Hello! What kind of popup are you talking about? I have not seen other types of advertising. Write more and attach, please, photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3124 of 3138 Old 06-04-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDugan View Post
Haven't seen anything like that. Video of complete boot process would be of interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekzz View Post
Hello! What kind of popup are you talking about? I have not seen other types of advertising. Write more and attach, please, photos.

After having the pop up ads over the weekend, they are now gone. Very odd. I turned the tv off & on, numerous times on Monday evening, to take a video and pics, but no pop up ads. Maybe it was just an anomaly. If it happens again, I'll do my best to get pics and a video too.
post #3125 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
There is a gouge on DTV on the 4pda forum that provides good detail, https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry70120666 and lets you get away from CN frequencies, but I haven't had success. I think our US TV standard ATSC is missing from the CN firmware. Still trying to pin that down!

Having any luck?
post #3126 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Having any luck?
No luck to date. Still pecking at it. I think all the software is there. Trick is to get it loaded. I found a few differences between the US and CN initiation scripts (there is a framework_letv.jar file that is not in the CN software and the framework-letv.jar file is different in the CN software. The init.environ.rc file in the CN software doesn't include franework_letv.jar and has framework-settingadapter.jar that is not in the US software.) Tried changing things around (surprised I didn't break anything) but still not recognizing an ATSC signal. I'm really not smart enough to really know what I'm doing, but might get lucky! Success will be made known, when and if.

In a not related aside, I did notice a small pop-up during my last boot. Didn't last long or I would have grabbed a picture (I was mainly happy that it booted with my changes!)
post #3127 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
No luck to date. Still pecking at it. I think all the software is there. Trick is to get it loaded. I found a few differences between the US and CN initiation scripts (there is a framework_letv.jar file that is not in the CN software and the framework-letv.jar file is different in the CN software. The init.environ.rc file in the CN software doesn't include franework_letv.jar and has framework-settingadapter.jar that is not in the US software.) Tried changing things around (surprised I didn't break anything) but still not recognizing an ATSC signal. I'm really not smart enough to really know what I'm doing, but might get lucky! Success will be made known, when and if.

In a not related aside, I did notice a small pop-up during my last boot. Didn't last long or I would have grabbed a picture (I was mainly happy that it booted with my changes!)

Maybe you're getting close and maybe neekzz is too. On the pop up, now you know what I was talking about, at least.
post #3128 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

I wonder if you have seen anything in your looking around that may be an avenue to improve HDR10 performance (e.g. edit picture modes, anything related to Dolby Vision picture mode, etc.). I have poked around quite a bit opening system files to no avail, and haven't seen anything on this point from neekzz or on the Russian forum; it seems this is an unknown area.
post #3129 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxilla View Post
I wonder if you have seen anything in your looking around that may be an avenue to improve HDR10 performance (e.g. edit picture modes, anything related to Dolby Vision picture mode, etc.). I have poked around quite a bit opening system files to no avail, and haven't seen anything on this point from neekzz or on the Russian forum; it seems this is an unknown area.
I have seen some picture settings someplace, can't remember just where, or what they controlled. My post#3125 includes a link to activation of digital TV (for Europe). That should give you a feel for how to proceed. You need to sideload Activity Launcher, then select All Activities. Lots of stuff there, explore at your own risk. Some stuff requires a mouse. There's a way to patch our remote to act as an aerial mouse. Let me know if you need that info.
post #3130 of 3138 Old 06-10-2019, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I have seen some picture settings someplace, can't remember just where, or what they controlled. My post#3125 includes a link to activation of digital TV (for Europe). That should give you a feel for how to proceed. You need to sideload Activity Launcher, then select All Activities. Lots of stuff there, explore at your own risk. Some stuff requires a mouse. There's a way to patch our remote to act as an aerial mouse. Let me know if you need that info.
Thank you. I have just been using a root file explorer, so I will certainly look in to this - hopefully over this next week.
post #3131 of 3138 Old 06-20-2019, 03:30 PM

Update:

I have continued to look for ways to either bring Dolby Vision to US firmware or ATSC (US) TV to CB firmware. The CN firmware is built to support CIBN (China International Broadcasting Network) and patching in ATSC support may not be possible.

I continue to dig into the software. For info, the US firmware contains about 8015 files in 1270 folders amounting to about 3.29GB. The CN firmware contains about 11007 files in 2029 folders amounting to about 2.79 GB.

So don't expect anything from me. Just enjoy what we have.
Game Fan likes this.
post #3132 of 3138 Old 06-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Update:

I have continued to look for ways to either bring Dolby Vision to US firmware or ATSC (US) TV to CB firmware. The CN firmware is built to support CIBN (China International Broadcasting Network) and patching in ATSC support may not be possible.

I continue to dig into the software. For info, the US firmware contains about 8015 files in 1270 folders amounting to about 3.29GB. The CN firmware contains about 11007 files in 2029 folders amounting to about 2.79 GB.

That's a whole lot of files! If it can't be done, then so be it. You gave it a heckuva shot and I appreciate your efforts.
post #3133 of 3138 Old 06-26-2019, 05:30 AM

Has anyone else, who rooted their TV, noticed the gray bar that now appears at the bottom of the screen, when the TV turns off? There are three icons within it and the left hand icon is a count down for the TV to turn off. This has been happening for the last two or three days.
post #3134 of 3138 Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Update:

I am more interested in the dolby vision for US firmware as I just ended up making Plex become the Live TV tuner and can get it anywhere versus having to rely on it going to a tv. Easier not having to switch inputs as well.
post #3135 of 3138 Old 07-19-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A while back in this thread several posters mentioned filing claim with your credit card company given their extended warranty coverage benefits on purchases. A few I believe said they were credited back the purchase price of the TV for failing to meet specs (lack of Dolby Vision w/ US firmware on HDMI sources despite Dolby logo on box/spec sheet. etc...) Wondering if anyone did this with Capital One? I am also sick and tired of the TV randomly tuning itself off (anyone else have this?) and am thinking of filing a claim, just wondering if anyone has experience with dealing with CapOne benefits on this?
post #3136 of 3138 Old 07-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemav View Post
A while back in this thread several posters mentioned filing claim with your credit card company given their extended warranty coverage benefits on purchases. A few I believe said they were credited back the purchase price of the TV for failing to meet specs (lack of Dolby Vision w/ US firmware on HDMI sources despite Dolby logo on box/spec sheet. etc...) Wondering if anyone did this with Capital One? I am also sick and tired of the TV randomly tuning itself off (anyone else have this?) and am thinking of filing a claim, just wondering if anyone has experience with dealing with CapOne benefits on this?

I get a lot of finger pointing between credit card coverage and Square warranty. Square won’t cover “software” issues and the card won’t cover if they can point at Square to make it extended warranties issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3137 of 3138 Old 07-19-2019, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennutt View Post
I get a lot of finger pointing between credit card coverage and Square warranty. Square won’t cover “software” issues and the card won’t cover if they can point at Square to make it extended warranties issue.

Yeah I guess Square might be complicating things (and might have been better off in retrospect not mentioning it to cc company?)
post #3138 of 3138 Old 07-19-2019, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemav View Post
Yeah I guess Square might be complicating things (and might have been better off in retrospect not mentioning it to cc company?)

It was not only the first question asked, but the warranty purchase shares the invoice :/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolbyvision , hdr10 , leeco , uhd , umax85

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page