***Official*** LeEco 2016 UMax85 Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1525Likes

post #31 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolad View Post
If any of you encountered a problem getting your Eco-Pass activated, I'd like to hear about it.

In my case, I never got an email regarding the DirectTV code.
And during my initial TV setup, I was not prompted to activate the EcoPass. Nor was I offered a choice between Points and the DirectTV offer (something that is supposed to happen right after you log in, I believe.)
I have the same problem. I did not see any prompt for activating Eco Pass or Direct TV. I also could not log into Google account. Since my TV is being replaced I'll wait for the replacement before tackling these issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by hql37 View Post
I have the same problem. I did not see any prompt for activating Eco Pass or Direct TV. I also could not log into Google account. Since my TV is being replaced I'll wait for the replacement before tackling these issues.
Okay. I'm running it down through support now. I reset to factory and re-did the setup but still didn't get prompted. After a few chat sessions, they escalated the ticket last night. If I get it resolved I'll let you know.

Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof.
post #33 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
OK, enough foreplay ................

First person to pop in a BD of Avatar in 3d and report impressions of either being blown away (hopefully) or just slightly impressed gets an automatic like from me.
I might do this this weekend, though I have heard that the 3D in my Oppo 203 has some bugs right now, so it may not work.
TravisBean likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Ok, I have been told I am in batch 4. It is expected to arrive February 17. I guess plus another 7 to 10 days at least. I have seen no changes to my order details. But.....
This is progress.
post #35 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes, me as well. I've posted to their forum and have been in touch with them on this issue via PM. At least one other person chimed in there as well. My screen indicates "This account doesn't have an active EcoPass."

I had a support call "escalated" early last week. Haven't heard back from that channel. I was originally thinking I messed up the process during the install, and did all the reset to factory and other steps other have apparently tried, but this seems like an issue on their end.

I am patiently waiting to be updated via PM from the forum with an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolad View Post
If any of you encountered a problem getting your Eco-Pass activated, I'd like to hear about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1941265  
post #36 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan G. View Post
Yes, me as well. I've posted to their forum and have been in touch with them on this issue via PM. At least one other person chimed in there as well. My screen indicates "This account doesn't have an active EcoPass."

I had a support call "escalated" early last week. Haven't heard back from that channel. I was originally thinking I messed up the process during the install, and did all the reset to factory and other steps other have apparently tried, but this seems like an issue on their end.

I am patiently waiting to be updated via PM from the forum with an update.
That was exactly my experience and I have the same message on my screen. When I first set up I logged in with my Google account so I thought that was what caused the issue. But resetting and logging in with my LeMall account made no difference. Of course, if this thing depends on a flag that can only be set once and isn't cleared by a reset, then they'll have to handle it on their end.

I followed up today and they said I'm in the escalation queue. So I'll contact them once a day to say "hi". :-)

This should really be something we can manage on our account page in their web site. Why it's not there under my account is a mystery. I do see the EcoPass in the list of items I purchased.

Last edited by legolad; 02-03-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #37 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Legoland,

Many thanks for starting the Owners Thread.

Question, how did you set up your Leeco account. Is it the same as the LeMall account?

Thanks
post #38 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiss2000 View Post
Legoland,

Question, how did you set up your Leeco account. Is it the same as the LeMall account?

Thanks
So, as far as I can tell the LeEco account is the same as your LeMall account. I bought a 55" model the same time I purchased the 85". When I got the 55" I was prompted to enter all of my data and it sinked the TV up to my account. When I got the 85" it did not take me through this process. When I went through it the first time it asked me for a credit card. I skipped this. I did not get the Directv offer when I set up the 85". Not a big deal to me because I already use the Directv service. It definitely appears that there is an issue getting the free service.
post #39 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey guys,

Expectant owner.... don't know what batch or anything.... not TOO worried, since people seem to be getting sets. I do have a question about dimensions. How far in from the edges are the legs? I'm thinking about building a stand for it, and would like to know what is the least length I can get away with.

Thanks!
post #40 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 02:51 PM

So here's the reason/response on the EcoPass issue...

Quote:
Hi there. We've identified this as a database issue. It appears a small number of TV's were not properly recorded in a database as having membership benefits. We're working on updating these TV's in our database. As soon as the update goes through you'll be able to claim your membership benefits, including EcoPass and also either DirecTV Now or EcoPoints.
Good to know they've identified the issue. Hopefully we will get this resolved quickly.
post #41 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM

Just got mine today. I am elated. Still trying the figure all of the setting out. The picture settings and hdmi settings take a bit. I also cant get my optical cable from the tv to work with my amp when I watch something from the tv vs DTV or my XBOX. I am thinking of having my tv professionally calibrated since it will be a pain for me to do I think. Still trying to watch HDR but 4K looks awesome.
post #42 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan G. View Post
So here's the reason/response on the EcoPass issue...

Good to know they've identified the issue. Hopefully we will get this resolved quickly.
I just checked My LeEco on the TV, go to my services and saw the activation screen now. Apparently, they fixed the database.
post #43 of 3132 Old 02-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Sorry to see that. Please keep us posted as to how LeEco handles this situation. As a prospective owner, their reaction will weigh heavily.
Here's the update:
I received the TV on 2/1/2017, noticed the defective screen, called support on 2/2/2017, got approval for the replacement on the same day, called AIT on 2/3/2017, got the initial response that they would contact me in the middle next week. I had to spend several calls back and forth between AIT, and LeEco to get the schedule pickup date of 2/8/2017. After AIT pickup, the clock will start as followed per LeEco:

2-8 business day for courier to deliver the defective TV to the warehouse
1 business day to get the replacement TV to the courier
2-8 business day for the courier to deliver the replacement TV to me

It looks like I'm back to waiting for 4 more weeks.

The second tier support rep from LeEco is good but he could not do anything except forcing AIT to schedule the pickup and promise to escalate my case to see if the replacement can be sped up. He said they will contact to keep me update on the progress. I also got an email from LeCare stating that they will look into this case.
post #44 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Howard View Post
Ok, I have been told I am in batch 4. It is expected to arrive February 17. I guess plus another 7 to 10 days at least. I have seen no changes to my order details. But.....
This is progress.
In batch 4 as well. Apparently a few minutes difference in order times equates to a few weeks difference in delivery.
I have been told that batch 4 tvs arrive to the warehouse by Feb 17, then add few more days for courier pickup and transport which results in an early March home delivery.
The CSRs nor the escalation team have any control over the delivery schedule. You'll just have to wait it out and pray that the tv is not defective.

I realize this is the company's first entry to US customers, hence more the reason to make a good first impression. I think they blew it. This is the one and only only purchase I will ever make with LeEco, and will strongly advise my f&f to stay away.
hql37 likes this.

Last edited by mrgigalevu; 02-04-2017 at 08:46 AM.
post #45 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was told I am in batch 5 which they also gave a February 17th date for. Guess we'll see how accurate that is.
post #46 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't have network connectivity problem.
I have a screen problem. I received my Umax today and noticed a blue blob on the screen (see the attached images). Does anyone know what may be the cause of this? I plan to call LeEco service tomorrow.
The blue blob may be shipping condensation. Burn the screen in a few days and it might go away.

post #47 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Arm3n, how did you perform your calibration? Did you use a Blu Ray calibration disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3n View Post
Congrats on finally receiving this beast!

Feel free to bring over my Harmony Remote setup posts. Also, do let us know if you're experiencing the same FALD non-stickiness issues a bunch of us are having - either way, would be good to post the LeEco forum links here regarding the issue.

Cheers!

P.S. Set to Movie mode, and set to Contrast to 75. Everything else was pretty spot on after my DIY calibration.

post #48 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

LeEco reportedly knows about thisARC issue for other sets and is rolling out a firmware fix; not sure they have seen the problem for the Umax85. Their support forum has conflicting indications. But I think they are targeting for mid-february for a fix.

In the meantime, I don't use the Android TV apps because of this. I use a Roku for that and my receiver picks up audio via HDMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3n View Post
Congrats on finally receiving this beast!

Feel free to bring over my Harmony Remote setup posts. Also, do let us know if you're experiencing the same FALD non-stickiness issues a bunch of us are having - either way, would be good to post the LeEco forum links here regarding the issue.

Cheers!

P.S. Set to Movie mode, and set to Contrast to 75. Everything else was pretty spot on after my DIY calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1999 View Post
If anyone has a workaround for the (known) ARC issue, let me know. I'd rather not have to hard reboot the TV every time I want surround sound for Netflix.

post #49 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearse View Post
LeEco reportedly knows about thisARC issue for other sets and is rolling out a firmware fix; not sure they have seen the problem for the Umax85. Their support forum has conflicting indications. But I think they are targeting for mid-february for a fix.

In the meantime, I don't use the Android TV apps because of this. I use a Roku for that and my receiver picks up audio via HDMI.
Here is latest on ARC from my reports to the tech forums at LeEco:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue and thanks very much to raising this to us.

I know a software update is under test and under certification, before being released to uMax85 customers.

We expect the software will be released mid to end February and it will include this kind of improvements.​

Thanks and best regards,

Remi.​

post #50 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 AM

Hmmm. Not fixed for me.

Quote:
I just checked My LeEco on the TV, go to my services and saw the activation screen now. Apparently, they fixed the database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #51 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Received my Umax85 a few days ago just in time for the Super Bowl. It is currently sitting on the floor as I decide whether to mount this monster on the wall or have it sit on a low profile cabinet. Either way, the picture is incredible.

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone tried to do any calibrations? If so, what were your adjustments to the factory settings? Out of the box, the picture seemed a bit bright with slightly oversaturated reds but it could just be my old eyes. Just wanted to have the best picture I can for the SB party.

Tim,
Boycotting French Televisions!
post #52 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
thanks for starting this!

i just got my umax85 a few days ago and everything seems to work fine except i can't seem to to use digital audio out. i'm using the optical cable that came with my sonos playbar and the sonos tells me it is properly connected to the tv, but the tv doesn't allow me to change sound output to digital audio out - it just allows me to choose the tv speakers.

anything i should be doing differently?

many thanks!!

patrick
Darren Andy likes this.
post #53 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiss2000 View Post
Legoland,

Thanks
My pleasure, Luiss.

I confirmed with support that this should be the LeMall account that you used to buy your TV.

post #54 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russs View Post
Hey guys,

Expectant owner.... don't know what batch or anything.... not TOO worried, since people seem to be getting sets. I do have a question about dimensions. How far in from the edges are the legs? I'm thinking about building a stand for it, and would like to know what is the least length I can get away with.

Thanks!
Hey Russs,

The legs are actually right at the ends of the TV. I hung mine on the wall, but if I wanted to use the legs, I'd be making 2 pedestals, one for each end.

The TV is about 170 pounds with the legs, so stability and strength are paramount. I tend to over-engineer when I build, but here is how I'd do it:
1. Build 2 pedestals, 18-24" square, at the desired height.
2. Use 4x4 posts at the corners with 2x4" cross-supports notched across the legs and bolted tight, 2 bolts per connection.
3. Top it with 1" plywood.
4. Cover with black fabric.

Now buy/build a cabinet that will fit under the TV and between the pedestals.

Good luck!

post #55 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_ny View Post
thanks for starting this!

i just got my umax85 a few days ago and everything seems to work fine except i can't seem to to use digital audio out. i'm using the optical cable that came with my sonos playbar and the sonos tells me it is properly connected to the tv, but the tv doesn't allow me to change sound output to digital audio out - it just allows me to choose the tv speakers.

anything i should be doing differently?

many thanks!!

patrick

Hey Patrick,

There is a little quirk in the audio settings that may be interfering.
Start by opening the audio output settings:
  1. Press the Gear icon button on the remote.
  2. Choose the Audio icon.
  3. Choose Output.

The three Audio settings under Output are interdependent as follows:

Speakers = TV speakers
Digital output cannot be changed
External surround sound system cannot be changed

Speakers = External speakers
Digital output can be set to PCM or Auto.

IF Digital output = PCM
External surround sound system cannot be changed

IF Digital output = Auto
External surround sound system can be changed

Not sure if this helps. It's just something I noted while messing with my own settings.
IBNR likes this.

post #56 of 3132 Old 02-04-2017, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hmmm. Still not seeing it on mine. I'll keep checking back. Thanks for letting us know!

post #57 of 3132 Old 02-05-2017, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Andy View Post
Just got mine today. I am elated. Still trying the figure all of the setting out. The picture settings and hdmi settings take a bit. I also cant get my optical cable from the tv to work with my amp when I watch something from the tv vs DTV or my XBOX. I am thinking of having my tv professionally calibrated since it will be a pain for me to do I think. Still trying to watch HDR but 4K looks awesome.
I had to make sure that my AVR was set up correctly in the AVR menu to get the Optical Cable to work. Make sure you do this otherwise the sound won't come through on your surround sound.
post #58 of 3132 Old 02-05-2017, 11:53 AM

So to use the optical out of the TV to the AMP if I want to use the netflix app on the tv or any other app on it I have to have the TV set to

So does mean that it will send the sound to the AMP? Will this automatically shut the TV speakers off full time then correct?
post #59 of 3132 Old 02-05-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearse View Post
The blue blob may be shipping condensation. Burn the screen in a few days and it might go away.
It is still here after 3 and a half days. I will keep monitoring until the TX is picked up on Wednesday. Thanks
post #60 of 3132 Old 02-05-2017, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Andy View Post
So to use the optical out of the TV to the AMP if I want to use the netflix app on the tv or any other app on it I have to have the TV set to

So does mean that it will send the sound to the AMP? Will this automatically shut the TV speakers off full time then correct?
I'm still waiting for my Optical cable, so I don't know for sure. My assumption is that the TV shuts off the internal speakers.
Cory Van Driessche likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolbyvision , hdr10 , leeco , uhd , umax85

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page