**OFFICIAL** 2017 SONY XBR-X930E (Owner's Thread)(No Price Talk) - Page 226 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15232Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6751 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I'm going to return it for sure. The way my face changed and my mood was destroyed today was spectacular.


Most annoying part will be to bring it back to the store.The fact that it has been sold out in Easter sale brings my chances of solving the problem fast and quick almost to zero

I can already see that this TV is beautiful. One second you are watching some shot of threes and everything is awesome, then suddenly it pans to some grey road and you see the damn line (It is worse in real life)
If my store will be group of bastards, how is Sony in those kind of cases ?
My last TV (Sony bravia 46w905) died on me recently (and suddenly) after 5~years of "service" but it was well out of warranty. I suspect my neighbors aggressive wall braking at fault so my insurance is investigating it.
ShinuLT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6752 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I'm going to return it for sure. The way my face changed and my mood was destroyed today was spectacular.


Most annoying part will be to bring it back to the store.The fact that it has been sold out in Easter sale brings my chances of solving the problem fast and quick almost to zero

I can already see that this TV is beautiful. One second you are watching some shot of threes and everything is awesome, then suddenly it pans to some grey road and you see the damn line (It is worse in real life)
Dude before you return clean the screen with warm water and dish soap on cloth. Mine was the same and a few others and it was just dirt from the packing tape. It’s too crisp too be banding. Trust me give it a try
vman83 likes this.
fssfguy is offline  
post #6753 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ya just double checked your pics looks just like min did... see how it doesn’t even go all the way up and it’s dark around crisp line... I bet my bottom dollar it’s goes away after clean the screen
fssfguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6754 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Anyone notice clouding (LD disengaged) get worse after cleaning the screen. Are these panels really that susceptible that they literally can’t be touched ? I never use pressure and just glide.
fssfguy is offline  
post #6755 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,963
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan5 View Post
I was bothered a little by the clouding on static screens when I first got the X930E, but now it’s a total non-issue to me. In a strange sort of way, I almost see it as a “feature” rather than a “bug” now, as it kind of adds more drama when the local dimming engages and the deep blacks appear as a movie begins. Kind of like the theater lights going down as the feature starts.

Then again, maybe I’m just weird.
I like that.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #6756 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Member
 
Legit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Did anyone dump the OLED to get this tv?
I feel like this is a loaded question... hahaha I still get quoted and bashed over at Slickdeals for returning my 65C7P for a 930e.. I got it for 1399 too...

Reason? It was too dark, I hated the temporary image retention and it started to feel like it was something I was going to have to baby and worry over.
I had the 930e and C7P side by side before I returned it. In dark scenes it was too dark. I could see faint details on the 930e that were non-existant on the C7P. In bright scenes, especially with snow, the C7P went dim (by design I read) and the 930e is a light cannon! Best way to describe the expereince with the C7P was, every "daytime" scene either looked like it was dawn or dusk. A bright, sunny, "high noon" scene didn't look like it was "noon".
Colors were the same to me, I might give an edge to the C7P if the room was pitchblack.
On cable TV, the 930E dominated on sharpness and clarity and I watch a lot of cable.
I loved the operating system on the C7P though! I use a Shield instead of the Sony system. My wife uses the built in amazon,netflix, and hulu but everything looks better through the shield.
Now to figure out why my X800 Blu Ray player always looks like there's a snow layer over every movie I watch!
Madmax67 likes this.

7 cycle gas dryer and a 12 speed blender
Legit is offline  
post #6757 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
SonyTV101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Did anyone dump the OLED to get this tv?
I feel like this is a loaded question... hahaha I still get quoted and bashed over at Slickdeals for returning my 65C7P for a 930e.. I got it for 1399 too...

Reason? It was too dark, I hated the temporary image retention and it started to feel like it was something I was going to have to baby and worry over.
I had the 930e and C7P side by side before I returned it. In dark scenes it was too dark. I could see faint details on the 930e that were non-existant on the C7P. In bright scenes, especially with snow, the C7P went dim (by design I read) and the 930e is a light cannon! Best way to describe the expereince with the C7P was, every "daytime" scene either looked like it was dawn or dusk. A bright, sunny, "high noon" scene didn't look like it was "noon".
Colors were the same to me, I might give an edge to the C7P if the room was pitchblack.
On cable TV, the 930E dominated on sharpness and clarity and I watch a lot of cable.
I loved the operating system on the C7P though! I use a Shield instead of the Sony system. My wife uses the built in amazon,netflix, and hulu but everything looks better through the shield.
Now to figure out why my X800 Blu Ray player always looks like there's a snow layer over every movie I watch!
Do you game with it.
SonyTV101 is offline  
post #6758 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Member
 
Legit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Do you game with it.
Only game I play is Mad skills Motocross 2 on my phone...

7 cycle gas dryer and a 12 speed blender
Legit is offline  
post #6759 of 10808 Old 04-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Csbooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by fssfguy View Post
Has anyone talked to Sony techs or sony as a whole about the local dimming issue of it not always being on ?

Are they planning on patching all models as it’s s stupid system
This “issue” while annoying is not limited to just Sony. My last 2 Samsung, 3 LG, and Vizio sets that had local dimming in the last 4 years all do this.
Csbooth is offline  
post #6760 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 01:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fssfguy View Post
Ya just double checked your pics looks just like min did... see how it doesn’t even go all the way up and it’s dark around crisp line... I bet my bottom dollar it’s goes away after clean the screen
The screen itself is squeaky clean while it is turned off (checked it even with flashlight). The shadow is more pronounced in real life. It looks like the left side is darker.

I contacted the shop. they redirected me to Licensed Sony service. Now I will have to unmount it and repackage it (which I guess will be a pain). And give it to a courier. And then the wait.
Scary part that these sets are sold out everywhere. Are they still in production ?
ShinuLT is offline  
post #6761 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 01:42 AM
Senior Member
 
RobertCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Did anyone dump the OLED to get this tv?
Didn't exactly "dump" my oled, I moved it to my bedroom. It's the 55-inch LG C-6. I wanted bigger and brighter for my living room. While this Sony is bigger and brighter, the OLED definitely has a better picture, no contest. What's also dissapointing about the Sony is lot of the Apps don't support HDR. Vudu and Fandango only goes up to 1080p. On the LG Vudu supports 4k Dolbyvision and Fandango does 4k HDR.
RobertCEO is offline  
post #6762 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 03:17 AM
Member
 
cris75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Which is the best setting for motionflow? I use Smooth on hdmi full-hd 24p material but I see sometimes like a micro-stuttering o a hiccup for a millisecond (I can't well describe the effect in English).
With motionflow off I see to flickering for my taste.
cris75 is offline  
post #6763 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
The screen itself is squeaky clean while it is turned off (checked it even with flashlight). The shadow is more pronounced in real life. It looks like the left side is darker.

I contacted the shop. they redirected me to Licensed Sony service. Now I will have to unmount it and repackage it (which I guess will be a pain). And give it to a courier. And then the wait.
Scary part that these sets are sold out everywhere. Are they still in production ?
Lol mine “looked clean” too lol it’s a black screen you won’t be able to see. Just clean the frigging screen 😂 I’m telling you more then just I have had this issue and it was resolved
aflorida and vman83 like this.
fssfguy is offline  
post #6764 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
It’s a discontinued tv now I believe as they are not making a 930f. What tgeyvhave is what they have as production has moved on to the 2018 production line.

Last edited by fssfguy; 04-06-2018 at 06:58 AM.
fssfguy is offline  
post #6765 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
If my store will be group of bastards, how is Sony in those kind of cases ?
My last TV (Sony bravia 46w905) died on me recently (and suddenly) after 5~years of "service" but it was well out of warranty. I suspect my neighbors aggressive wall braking at fault so my insurance is investigating it.
Sony doesn’t cover cosmetic damage or most screen issues. Clouding, dse and banding are with in “spec”they will say. Sucks, you best bet is the store
fssfguy is offline  
post #6766 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fssfguy View Post
Sony doesn’t cover cosmetic damage or most screen issues. Clouding, dse and banding are with in “spec”they will say. Sucks, you best bet is the store
I tied to clean with microfiber (but just dry). Not even a minor effect. With A flashlight I can see minor fingerprints at the edges from the mounting. But the part that gives me the problem is clean.
In real life it looks like its the sun reflecting on a TV. (my initial test was at night)
ShinuLT is offline  
post #6767 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
49Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I tied to clean with microfiber (but just dry). Not even a minor effect. With A flashlight I can see minor fingerprints at the edges from the mounting. But the part that gives me the problem is clean.
In real life it looks like its the sun reflecting on a TV. (my initial test was at night)
Your statement is disturbing. Is there any way to clean the screen? Have you provided this information to Sony?

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
49Merc is offline  
post #6768 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Member
 
doyoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I tied to clean with microfiber (but just dry). Not even a minor effect. With A flashlight I can see minor fingerprints at the edges from the mounting. But the part that gives me the problem is clean.
In real life it looks like its the sun reflecting on a TV. (my initial test was at night)
Why aren't you listening to some good advice? You need to clean the screen with a DAMP microfiber cloth. A dry cloth can actually damage the screen by creating micro scratches on the plexiglass by pushing dust particles around. The line shown in your picture looks just like what I had on my screen. That line disappeared after I cleaned the screen. Like you, I couldn't see any obvious sign of a physically dirty screen. But cleaning with a DAMP cloth removed whatever residue was on the screen.

1. Use a soft microfiber cloth.
2. Dampen it with distilled water (not soaking wet). Don't spray water directly on the screen.
3. Clean the entire screen so it's uniformly clean, but concentrate a little more on the affected area.
4. Don't use too much pressure.
5. Once the screen is clean, you can gently dry it with a dry microfiber cloth since any dry dust particles will have been removed which might have scratched the plexiglass.

If that doesn't eliminate the problem, then your panel has some other problem. But cleaning the screen has fixed this for a number of people.
aflorida and vman83 like this.
doyoid is offline  
post #6769 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Member
 
vman83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fssfguy View Post
Dude before you return clean the screen with warm water and dish soap on cloth. Mine was the same and a few others and it was just dirt from the packing tape. It’s too crisp too be banding. Trust me give it a try
Just my 2 cents. I had a similar issue. Vertical line straight down the centre of the screen. Gave it a good wipe with a microfibre cloth and a bit of screen cleaner and it cleared it right up. Id read about a few other guys having the same issue. Must be from when it was packaged up.

On the whole im really pleased with my purchase. Got the 65 inch version from john lewis here in the uk for £1689. Previously had the 2015 55x930c which cost roughly the same. Only minor issue i have is 2 dead/stuck pixels in the right corner. Nothing you can see from where i sit and you have to really look to see them close up. If it was this years model then id send it back but with the stock levels on this tv pretty much zero im not that bothered.
vman83 is offline  
post #6770 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,590
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6689 Post(s)
Liked: 6685
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
sad oppo is shutting down but its good news they are still supporting these players for a couple years. glad to hear the dolby vision update for compatibility with sony tvs is already being tested and should be released soon. once i can use my dolby vision discs with my x930e ill be complete.
Ya that is a drag, It is amazing that they are able to still offer support.....
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #6771 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyoid View Post
Why aren't you listening to some good advice? You need to clean the screen with a DAMP microfiber cloth. A dry cloth can actually damage the screen by creating micro scratches on the plexiglass by pushing dust particles around. The line shown in your picture looks just like what I had on my screen. That line disappeared after I cleaned the screen. Like you, I couldn't see any obvious sign of a physically dirty screen. But cleaning with a DAMP cloth removed whatever residue was on the screen.

1. Use a soft microfiber cloth.
2. Dampen it with distilled water (not soaking wet). Don't spray water directly on the screen.
3. Clean the entire screen so it's uniformly clean, but concentrate a little more on the affected area.
4. Don't use too much pressure.
5. Once the screen is clean, you can gently dry it with a dry microfiber cloth since any dry dust particles will have been removed which might have scratched the plexiglass.

If that doesn't eliminate the problem, then your panel has some other problem. But cleaning the screen has fixed this for a number of people.
Right ? Just clean it lol if it’s going back anyways what the big deal. I’ve never seen someone so stubborn to advise
fssfguy is offline  
post #6772 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fssfguy View Post
Right ? Just clean it lol if it’s going back anyways what the big deal. I’ve never seen someone so stubborn to advise
I'm just afraid that it will leave some water marks (like on a glass). Knowing how they don't care about consumers over here they could pin it on me . Gonna try it today if I will find someone to buy me water, because we drink tap water overhere (I have some problems moving around - that is the main issue)
ShinuLT is offline  
post #6773 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggsantafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Solar Powered in the Land of Enchantment
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 269
How to Get Sound for Amazon/Netflix. etc

Quick question - just getting started with my setup - I can locate content on Amazon, Netflix, Google Play etc - have 930e connected via HDMI 3/ARC to Denon 6200 - I don't get any sound from these apps when I switch from Satellite TV to the apps - do I need to also instal Optical Audio (Toslink) cable as well. Any tips on audio settings are appreciated.

Otherwise loving the set so far - watching the MAsters on DirecTV 4K channel is pretty impressive.


Last edited by ggsantafe; 04-06-2018 at 11:07 AM.
ggsantafe is online now  
post #6774 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,963
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post
Quick question - just getting started with my setup - I can locate content on Amazon, Netflix, Google Play etc - have 930e connected via HDMI 3/ARC to Denon 6200 - I don't get any sound from these apps when I switch from Satellite TV to the apps - do I need to also instal Optical Audio (Toslink) cable as well. Any tips on audio settings are appreciated.

Otherwise loving the set so far - watching the MAsters on DirecTV 4K channel is pretty impressive.
You usually have to select TV Audio on the Denon's remote for external audio from the TV's apps and CBL/SAT or whichever source you use for content from the receiver.

Sony requires their Bravis Sync CEC setting to be on when using ARC and I found it unusable with my Denon X4300H setup so I just ran an optical cable back to my receiver instead. Everything works fine and I've disabled all Bravia Sync Settings including deleting my receiver from the Bravia Sync device list(it kept powering on my receiver late at night.)
ggsantafe likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #6775 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,963
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I'm just afraid that it will leave some water marks (like on a glass). Knowing how they don't care about consumers over here they could pin it on me . Gonna try it today if I will find someone to buy me water, because we drink tap water overhere (I have some problems moving around - that is the main issue)
You can use a spray bottle to lightly dampen the micro fibre cloth. Shouldn't streak if there's not a lot of moisture on the cloth and you move in a single direction.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #6776 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
I'm just afraid that it will leave some water marks (like on a glass). Knowing how they don't care about consumers over here they could pin it on me . Gonna try it today if I will find someone to buy me water, because we drink tap water overhere (I have some problems moving around - that is the main issue)

Thankyou guys. My friend came by and tried to clean and it seams that the line is disappearing a bit. Strange thing is that nothing was touching that part. Earlier posts that said they had to return to the shop had me bummed out (and the fact that I'm disabled with a mercy of other people)

Made my weekend
leonmckee and aflorida like this.
ShinuLT is offline  
post #6777 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinuLT View Post
Thankyou guys. My friend came by and tried to clean and it seams that the line is disappearing a bit. Strange thing is that nothing was touching that part. Earlier posts that said they had to return to the shop had me bummed out (and the fact that I'm disabled with a mercy of other people)

Made my weekend
Dissapearing a bit? If you can see vertical lines in the app menus or when watching any content (it will be most noticeable with uniform shade across the screen), you should return the set.
isarafan is offline  
post #6778 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,963
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by isarafan View Post
Dissapearing a bit? If you can see vertical lines in the app menus or when watching any content (it will be most noticeable with uniform shade across the screen), you should return the set.
Agree.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #6779 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggsantafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Solar Powered in the Land of Enchantment
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
You usually have to select TV Audio on the Denon's remote for external audio from the TV's apps and CBL/SAT or whichever source you use for content from the receiver.

Sony requires their Bravis Sync CEC setting to be on when using ARC and I found it unusable with my Denon X4300H setup so I just ran an optical cable back to my receiver instead. Everything works fine and I've disabled all Bravia Sync Settings including deleting my receiver from the Bravia Sync device list(it kept powering on my receiver late at night.)
Thanks MadMax (I may load up "Fury Road" pretty soon) I had never used ARC before, and gave it a try here, silly me - I thought that ARC would eliminate the need to run Optical, otherwise what good does it do) Anyway - I already had a Streaming activity set up on my Harmony One and got that activated so I'm good to go.

Collective knowledge is a wonderful thing - I've learned a ton on the various AVS threads (and also spent considerable $$$ based on recommendations & upgradeitis) thanks for your tips.

By the way I - for anyone who hasn't accepted the free Google Play UHD Movie Stream - the offer is still active. They have a decent selection including many of the Spidermans, I picked out "Trainspotting 2" so we will have an official inaugural screening of the 930e this evening with either TS2 or Fury Road.

ggsantafe is online now  
post #6780 of 10808 Old 04-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by isarafan View Post
Dissapearing a bit? If you can see vertical lines in the app menus or when watching any content (it will be most noticeable with uniform shade across the screen), you should return the set.
Well after cleaning it is slightly visible (because I know where too look). Only at certain colors and angles. After few more wipes it should dissapear. Strangely enough tv was covered in protective film and all so I guess it was some kind of oil from the factory process.
aflorida likes this.
ShinuLT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
jimmyhigh; solzun; zachfeen; johnerz

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off