**OFFICIAL** 2017 SONY XBR-X930E (Owner's Thread)(No Price Talk) - Page 362 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15233Likes

post #10831 of 10838 Old 12-03-2019, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I guess Sony will not extend Airplay 2 support to the X930E, huh?

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/03...mekit-support/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10832 of 10838 Old 12-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForecastV View Post
I guess Sony will not extend Airplay 2 support to the X930E, huh?

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/03...mekit-support/
Looks like only the higher end F models are getting it. No 900F or lower, any E models or Z9D either it seams. Maybe a hardware limitation?

Don’t think I’d use it anyway but always nice to still feel relevant and get new features.

Sony XBR-65X930E (w/luminoodle)/Sony UBP-X800M2/Apple TV 4K/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X
Denon AVR-X6200W(Surround/Height)/Emotiva XPA-3(L/C/R)/AC Infinity Aircom T8 x2
DefTech SM 65 x3(L/C/R)/DefTech PM 1000 x4(Surround)/DefTech DI5.5R x4(Atmos/DTS X)
SVS PC-2000 x2(Subs)/Panamax M4300-PM(Main) & MD2(Subs)/Logitech Harmony Elite
post #10833 of 10838 Old 12-04-2019, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKa DaShiznit View Post
Looks like only the higher end F models are getting it. No 900F or lower, any E models or Z9D either it seams. Maybe a hardware limitation?

Don’t think I’d use it anyway but always nice to still feel relevant and get new features.
I understand the marketing decision on Airplay 2 (I wouldn’t use it either). The bigger question - will we be getting Android 9?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10834 of 10838 Old 12-04-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1889 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:

I’d use it (but won’t get it either). Presumably we won’t get Apple TV either. Looks like the next Sony firmware update is rolling out in the .eu right now (scheduled for the US and NA shortly) and is just a bug fix. Nothing major like Android 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #10835 of 10838 Old 12-04-2019, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Quote:

Don’️t think I’️d use it anyway but always nice to still feel relevant and get new features.
I understand the marketing decision on Airplay 2 (I wouldn’️t use it either). The bigger question - will we be getting Android 9?
I’m also impartial to Android 9 as well. It is nice to still feel relevant and our sets aren’t laid out to pasture as far as updates but as long as it continues to provide an awesome picture, in which it is still very relevant and just as good as Sony’s newer models anyway, I am good to go. I do not use any of the smart features of the TV itself and the last update fixed my only gripe which was the very slow menus.

However for everyone that does use the smart features and apps I do hope it will get upgraded for those that would use newer features.

Sony XBR-65X930E (w/luminoodle)/Sony UBP-X800M2/Apple TV 4K/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X
Denon AVR-X6200W(Surround/Height)/Emotiva XPA-3(L/C/R)/AC Infinity Aircom T8 x2
DefTech SM 65 x3(L/C/R)/DefTech PM 1000 x4(Surround)/DefTech DI5.5R x4(Atmos/DTS X)
SVS PC-2000 x2(Subs)/Panamax M4300-PM(Main) & MD2(Subs)/Logitech Harmony Elite
post #10836 of 10838 Old 12-06-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I don't post much here but have a question. Ever since the latest firmware update accessing and using apps on the TV itself is rather difficult. I can open them, such as Amazon Video, Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, etc.. and stream video, however the TV will turn itself off if it sits idle for more than 10 seconds. If I take more than 10 seconds to select something to play, pause video for more than 10 seconds, or even fast forward or rewind without touching the remote for 10 seconds, it turns itself off. It won't do this with any inputs such as my dish feed, blu ray player, etc.. only the apps on the tv itself. It wasn't doing this before the update. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, were you able to fix it?
post #10837 of 10838 Old 12-06-2019, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Boudreaux View Post
I don't post much here but have a question. Ever since the latest firmware update accessing and using apps on the TV itself is rather difficult. I can open them, such as Amazon Video, Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, etc.. and stream video, however the TV will turn itself off if it sits idle for more than 10 seconds. If I take more than 10 seconds to select something to play, pause video for more than 10 seconds, or even fast forward or rewind without touching the remote for 10 seconds, it turns itself off. It won't do this with any inputs such as my dish feed, blu ray player, etc.. only the apps on the tv itself. It wasn't doing this before the update. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, were you able to fix it?
ETA to my post above: I checked all the energy conservation and standby settings and have them all either off or turned to the closest option to "never" there is. Didn't change anything.
post #10838 of 10838 Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Boudreaux View Post
ETA to my post above: I checked all the energy conservation and standby settings and have them all either off or turned to the closest option to "never" there is. Didn't change anything.
Not sure but you could try removing an app or two and rebooting in case the memory is getting too low, the update may have used up more of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
jimmyhigh; solzun; zachfeen; johnerz

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page