Samsung MU8000 (No Price Talk) - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 978Likes

post #361 of 1541 Old 11-24-2017, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4Steelers View Post
Just got my Samsung 55MU8000 Delivered. So far a beautiful TV. Extremely bright and vivid colors. Would love to hear from others on their picture settings.
1. is UN55MU8000 same model as Costco's UN55MU800D?
2. How much you pay as Costco 800D is $879.99
3.Found a good review on 4k.com & rtings for 8000 model and not sure it's the same as the 800D:
http://4k.com/tv/samsung-mu8000-4k-h...00-un75mu8000/
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu8000
4. Quantum Dots feature is missing but not sure value or performance
rogerdiaz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1541 Old 11-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Liked: 11
Ordered the Samsung 75" UN75MU8000 from Amazon Warehouse on 11-12-17 for delivery on 11-22-17. Supposed to be a reboxed TV in perfect condition. When it arrived I had the delivery guys open it up. Glad I did, the top of the TV was bowed out and the screen was completely shattered. Worked out for the best though. Went down to Video Only this morning and got a brand new UN75MU8000 for under 2K. Picture looks great, can't wait to get some 4k hooked up.
pppdx likes this.
post #363 of 1541 Old 11-25-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i have a 75MU8000

Question for the forums. I really like the TV but it definitely has some issues with the panel and I'm wondering if this is just inherent to edge lit LCD. The TV definitely has banding while panning. I never noticed this when it was new but maybe I was just so happy with joy that I overlooked it. Maybe the latest firmware did it? Its very obvious while watching things like soccer, football, hockey, anytime the screen pans it looks dirty against certain colors and grays. Blue sky in movies can be bad, was watching Godless and I noticed I started watching the backgrounds rather than the characters. This is not good. If the screen is static it looks great. Even the test picture that is in the menu you can see banding on the picture with the kid at the beach. Its not bad but its noticeable.

Is this normal? Should I send this one back? I am already on TV number two as the first one arrived broken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 1541 Old 11-25-2017, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhart View Post
Ordered the Samsung 75" UN75MU8000 from Amazon Warehouse on 11-12-17 for delivery on 11-22-17. Supposed to be a reboxed TV in perfect condition. When it arrived I had the delivery guys open it up. Glad I did, the top of the TV was bowed out and the screen was completely shattered. Worked out for the best though. Went down to Video Only this morning and got a brand new UN75MU8000 for under 2K. Picture looks great, can't wait to get some 4k hooked up.
I got mine at VideoOnly also mid last week....and love it so far!
post #365 of 1541 Old 11-26-2017, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromannn View Post
1. is UN55MU8000 same model as Costco's UN55MU800D?
2. How much you pay as Costco 800D is $879.99
3.Found a good review on 4k.com & rtings for 8000 model and not sure it's the same as the 800D:
http://4k.com/tv/samsung-mu8000-4k-h...00-un75mu8000/
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu8000
4. Quantum Dots feature is missing but not sure value or performance
I have similar questions. Trying to decide between Vizio P55-E1 and UN55MU800.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
post #366 of 1541 Old 11-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
i have a 75MU8000

Question for the forums. I really like the TV but it definitely has some issues with the panel and I'm wondering if this is just inherent to edge lit LCD. The TV definitely has banding while panning. I never noticed this when it was new but maybe I was just so happy with joy that I overlooked it. Maybe the latest firmware did it? Its very obvious while watching things like soccer, football, hockey, anytime the screen pans it looks dirty against certain colors and grays. Blue sky in movies can be bad, was watching Godless and I noticed I started watching the backgrounds rather than the characters. This is not good. If the screen is static it looks great. Even the test picture that is in the menu you can see banding on the picture with the kid at the beach. Its not bad but its noticeable.

Is this normal? Should I send this one back? I am already on TV number two as the first one arrived broken.
Sorry to hear but I’ve got zero banding on my 75mu and all I Watch is football, soccer and play games. My Sony W850a has really noticeable banding so I’m very aware of what it looks like. Sounds like possibly a bad panel, aside from some small clouding in the bottom right corner of mine it has no other issues at all.
post #367 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
i have a 75MU8000

I notice it some on mine, didn't notice it at first. I've had the tv for about 2 weeks now. It's an 82in and wall mounted. Afraid if I exchange it that I may end up with something worse. As it is now, its pretty much the only issue and only noticeable on fast panning scenes against light colored backgrounds if I'm specifically looking for it (ie. focussed on the background instead of the action on screen). I dont really notice it in sports when fast panning against darker green backgrounds like a football field. I dont notice any other issues like dead pixels or excessive backlight bleed. Afraid if I exchange it that I'll just end up with the same issue or worse. Plus being that it's 82in and wall mounted makes it very difficult to return or exchange.

I believe if the backlight setting is maxed out it's more noticable. I'm constantly adjusting the backlight setting depending on the lighting in my room. HDR content defaults to the backlight being at max setting of 20. I'll test again after work today and validate

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by pasva007; 11-27-2017 at 05:39 AM.
post #368 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 06:54 AM
DTI

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
i have a 75MU8000

Have the MU8000 75 inch under settings,auto motion plus settings what do you have this set at , left mine on auto when viewing TV under movies blur reduction 4 & judder at 3 contrast enhancer off see if you can still notice also try that led clear motion on always wondered what this helps with

DIY dust box / hush box / ceiling light... http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...633/7qBblE.jpg
post #369 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 09:06 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasva007 View Post
I notice it some on mine, didn't notice it at first. I've had the tv for about 2 weeks now. It's an 82in and wall mounted. Afraid if I exchange it that I may end up with something worse. As it is now, its pretty much the only issue and only noticeable on fast panning scenes against light colored backgrounds if I'm specifically looking for it (ie. focussed on the background instead of the action on screen). I dont really notice it in sports when fast panning against darker green backgrounds like a football field. I dont notice any other issues like dead pixels or excessive backlight bleed. Afraid if I exchange it that I'll just end up with the same issue or worse. Plus being that it's 82in and wall mounted makes it very difficult to return or exchange.

I believe if the backlight setting is maxed out it's more noticable. I'm constantly adjusting the backlight setting depending on the lighting in my room. HDR content defaults to the backlight being at max setting of 20. I'll test again after work today and validate

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have the same 82" wall mounted as you do and have the same issue when panning. It's not terrible but is definitely noticeable and a bit distracting at times. I'm not gonna worry with trying to exchange it for the same reasons. Glad to know this issue isn't exclusive to my set though. Other than that I'm very happy with the tv.
post #370 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Joining the thread. Hoping to get the 82 one day.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
post #371 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
image retention ???

Has anyone had image retention issues with the 65MU8000 ?

I just upgraded from an old UN55C7000 and done some preliminary calibration tweaks. Out of the box, the set crushed anything approaching black, had that showroom crackling glow, and everything that should be yellow was orange.

I managed to get it pretty dang good by turning off all the special image-degrading features, and setting contrast at 95 with brightness in the middle. I followed some color settings derived from averaging a few that I found out there in 'net land. Now it looks fine - as good or better than the old set. Better contrast, I'd say. Still could improve the color, but at least it's close.

Imagine my horror, though, when I finally sat down to watch Avatar on Blu-ray. There is a band of crazy brown mucky pixels all the way across, about 8 inches above the bottom of the set, and about 8 inches tall. Image retention after such a short time??? I soooooo hope not.

Any comments or a link to determining what went wrong is most welcome!
post #372 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just purchase a MU8000 and at BB they had the One Connect hidden behind the wall mount so I could not see it! I have a Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver and the only out from the TV are hdmi and Digital Optical Audio Out from:

I rather use the square shape optical cable. Is that the same connector and not the orange color digital audio out? If I am force to use the hdmi out to hdmi DA7100ES input, from the manual it quite confusing to set up! No clear cut! On the MU8000 how do you tell the hdmi arc that it for audio and assign it for that and do the hdmi tv to hdmi avs receiver?
Where is the digital optical audio out located on the one connect box? Is it at the other side or end?

Last edited by HarryWild; 11-27-2017 at 05:59 PM.
post #373 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWild View Post
Just purchase a MU8000 and at BB they had the One Connect hidden behind the wall mount so I could not see it! I have a Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver and the only out from the TV are hdmi and Digital Optical Audio Out from:

I rather use the square shape optical cable. Is that the same connector and not the orange color digital audio out? If I am force to use the hdmi out to hdmi DA7100ES input, from the manual it quite confusing to set up! No clear cut! On the MU8000 how do you tell the hdmi arc that it for audio and assign it for that and do the hdmi tv to hdmi avs receiver?
Where is the digital optical audio out located on the one connect box? Is it at the other side or end?
Yes it's the actual square optical connection and the connection is on the opposite side of that picture on the side.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #374 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSam View Post
I have the same 82" wall mounted as you do and have the same issue when panning. It's not terrible but is definitely noticeable and a bit distracting at times. I'm not gonna worry with trying to exchange it for the same reasons. Glad to know this issue isn't exclusive to my set though. Other than that I'm very happy with the tv.
I have banding on my 82. Its not terrible but certainly noticable when panning on certain scenes. I've got more clouding in the bottom corners than I like, mostly on the right. I also have some very faint dots that appear on the top and right side near the edges but can only be seen with a white background. Ill probably use the warrenty as these are abnormal but arent usually visable. Of course have to pray the replacement panel isn't worse.

Is it a good idea to wait till the next model is out for a few months for a warrenty claim as perhaps Samsung will replace with the newest model???
post #375 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomenbass1 View Post
I have banding on my 82. Its not terrible but certainly noticable when panning on certain scenes. I've got more clouding in the bottom corners than I like, mostly on the right. I also have some very faint dots that appear on the top and right side near the edges but can only be seen with a white background. Ill probably use the warrenty as these are abnormal but arent usually visable. Of course have to pray the replacement panel isn't worse.

Is it a good idea to wait till the next model is out for a few months for a warrenty claim as perhaps Samsung will replace with the newest model???
Hahaha all TV's have some sort of banding. You'd be absolutely lucky if Samsung didn't laugh at you like I am. Sorry, but no source nor display is band free.

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #376 of 1541 Old 11-27-2017, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Yes it's the actual square optical connection and the connection is on the opposite side of that picture on the side.

Thanks Quicksilv3r!

Great news since I don't have to do a thing other then plugging in the digital optical into the MU8000 for sound.
Now I will just wait for BB delivery!
post #377 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking for feedback from any 82” MU8000 owners/users...

How do you like it? What other models did you consider and why this model? I will finally have a proper media room in our new house. Not worried about glare or a bright room. Sitting between 12-14 ft back most likely. Originally wanted a projector for a true theater room, but decided on quality over quantity for my budget. I had originally decided it would come down to the 75” Samsung Q7 or Sony 940E. These both were clearly better quality in store than the 82”, with the Sony being my top pick. Just hadn’t decided if the Sony quality justified a much higher price. Then I saw a Cyber Monday on the 82” that I just couldn’t pass up. I’m not taking delivery for a few months, so plenty of time to change my mind. Wondering what thoughts anyone might have. Will I be satisfied enough with the 82” quality to give me a bigger screen?
post #378 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Wanted something 80+ inches, felt the 75 was just not big enough to avoid the regret of not going bigger.

Compared to anything else in 80+ inch sizes, the Samsung offers the best picture and is good value for the size.

I feel at 80+ you really appreciate the extra resolution 4k offers. This TV is no slouch too when it comes to HDR, providing a very bright and vibrant image, excellent low lag for gaming, beautiful slim bezel.

My dream TV until micoleds in 90 inches become affordable/viable.
post #379 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Hahaha all TV's have some sort of banding. You'd be absolutely lucky if Samsung didn't laugh at you like I am. Sorry, but no source nor display is band free.

I know the banding is normal on all LCD TVs but I was referring to the strange dots on my unit which are definitely an abnormality and unrelated to the banding.
post #380 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I know the banding is normal on all LCD TVs but I was referring to the strange dots on my unit which are definitely an abnormality and unrelated to the banding.
Ok fair enough. So you want to fraud Samsung and try to wait to seen if you can get a 2018 model. Shameless.

post #381 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozmo View Post
Wanted something 80+ inches, felt the 75 was just not big enough to avoid the regret of not going bigger.

Compared to anything else in 80+ inch sizes, the Samsung offers the best picture and is good value for the size.

I feel at 80+ you really appreciate the extra resolution 4k offers. This TV is no slouch too when it comes to HDR, providing a very bright and vibrant image, excellent low lag for gaming, beautiful slim bezel.

My dream TV until micoleds in 90 inches become affordable/viable.
I agree with your statements about the 80MU. As far as Microled it might be a few years and it won't necessarily be better than future OLEDs. I'm hoping in 2-3 years I can throw this in the work out room and grab an 80-85 inch OLED under 10K.
post #382 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Ok fair enough. So you want to fraud Samsung and try to wait to seen if you can get a 2018 model. Shameless.

Whoaa "fraud" is a stretch. If this is a common problem and I don't want to risk getting another one with the same problem, chances are the 2018s will have resloved the problem as is often the case!
post #383 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Whoaa "fraud" is a stretch. If this is a common problem and I don't want to risk getting another one with the same problem, chances are the 2018s will have resloved the problem as is often the case!
I have no issues with my 75". I'd personally replace ASAP as samsung does do a lot of investigations of when the issue starting happening and an equivalent model won't probably be available until May or June anyways for the 2018 models. Your issue may get a lot worse and if you just "wait" it may get to the point you can't watch the TV and all because you want to hold out...

post #384 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I have no issues with my 75". I'd personally replace ASAP as samsung does do a lot of investigations of when the issue starting happening and an equivalent model won't probably be available until May or June anyways for the 2018 models. Your issue may get a lot worse and if you just "wait" it may get to the point you can't watch the TV and all because you want to hold out...

You make a valid point. As I mentioned they are only easily visable in white scenes and they are absolutely not normal (very curious to what they are) and perhaps will get worse. Do you know how Samsung works with warrenty? Will they send a tech out to look at and pick it up if needed or do I have to figure out a way to mail this monster to Samsung?

Also wanted to mention that from major review sites they mention the larger a TV the worse uniformity issues usually are which means the manufacturing process and some components are going to be different from an 82 to the smaller sizes. Someone on here even believed the 82s are brighter. There aren't many 82s on here so a common problem may not be discovered though it seems we all have clouding issues in the bottom corners that may not be present in the smaller sizes

Last edited by Boomenbass1; 11-28-2017 at 06:41 PM.
post #385 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You make a valid point. As I mentioned they are only easily visable in white scenes and they are absolutely not normal (very curious to what they are) and perhaps will get worse. Do you know how Samsung works with warrenty? Will they send a tech out to look at and pick it up if needed or do I have to figure out a way to mail this monster to Samsung?
Usually you deal with the retailer who you bought it from unless you bought from Samsung directly. I bought mine from Bestbuy here in Canada and bought an extended warranty that is a no questions asked warranty. If something is "off" or not right, I call them up and the geek squad comes out and looks and if they can't fix it onsite, they take it and they come back with a new set.

post #386 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:

I'm curious why you got the 75MU8000 over the better Sony 900E with FALD and Quantum Dots or Vizio P with FALD and Dolby Vision? I was dead set on 80+ inches and this was the best mix of price/quality but not so for smaller sizes.
post #387 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Why did you guys choose this tv over the q series ?
post #388 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Why did you guys choose this tv over the q series ?
Thats easy...price. Even Q7s are a significant price jump for a comparable size and for is 82 inchers Qs max out at 75 inches, unless you jump to a $20,000 88 inch.
post #389 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Well for 75” q8c is $4700 which isn’t terrible, but everyone raves on the mu8/9 just curious
post #390 of 1541 Old 11-28-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyTV101 View Post
Well for 75” q8c is $4700 which isn’t terrible, but everyone raves on the mu8/9 just curious
Yes but its $2000 more than the 75MU8000 and for many people the wider color gamut and brightness of the Q isn't worth it or thats out of their budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2017 model , high dynamic range , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page