2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40345Likes

post #3481 of 19000 Old 07-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st View Post
After tweaking the settings and becoming familiar with the settings I am liking this display more and more. 4K content and HDR look very detailed, even standard/1080p content look great.

First off, thanks so much for your reply. You've answered all my questions and provided some very helpful information!

For the plastic cover, I won't even worry about it... maybe I'll store a spare set of keys in there or something haha! When it comes to the power brick, I'll check the instruction for mounting instructions, I did spot some zip ties but I believed they were to fasten cables neatly instead. I did notice that the default setting were decent, but I just had to do some tweaking (based off rtings with some of my own). I own a ks8000 which I love and I am trying to get as close to those settings as possible; I think I may have. Too bad about the YouTube app not being HDR, I know Samsung has had this update for a while, so I do hope that Sony/Google don't drag their feet for too long. I will check that browser out, thank you!

If I could bother with one more question... Would you happen to know if there is a setting for screen size. Almost every TV I've owned has had options for "Wide/Stretch/Full/Fit to Screen" I'm interested in the fit to screen option since I know a lot of time displays tend to zoom on the picture leaving out quite a bit of picture around the borders... just want to make sure this isn't happening here. Also curious how this display handles 4:3 content... does it stretch... are there any options to change this?
You likely did not get the mounting kit, as I did not. Sony has the brick mounting manual online in their support area for the set, which is how I found out about it. So that's likely not an option for you unless you fabricate your own straps. But you can literally mount it almost anywhere.

Look on the remote -- theres a "wide" button right next to the "help" button in the bottom left corner. This is also available under the action menu under "wide mode". To get to the display adjust for overscan, you'll need to go to Home-Settings-Picture-Screen. There you can specify a number of things, including how 4:3 is handled by default.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 19000 Old 07-27-2017, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey everyone! I'm no tv expert and I'm hoping someone can help me with a couple power issues I've been having with this set.

1. My TV turns itself on at random. Like I get home after work and go into my game room and the set is on looking for a signal. Btw, I have nothing bravia synced to it and none of the timers are set. Any ideas?

2. Here lately, sometimes I will turn the tv on and the led light below the screen will come on, but the screen won't. Then the led light turns off. On the third try the SONY log pops up and loads for a while, then the android tv introduction kicks in before I can use it. Again, any ideas what this could be.

Lastly, a quick stupid question. Various options on the menu use a left and right slider representing ON/OFF. Which direction is on, and which is off?

If anyone can help, thanks in advance! It sucks to spend so much on this set and have these annoying power problems.
post #3483 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmeister View Post
Was so looking forward to setting the 75" today, unfortunately it came with a severely damaged screen. Chris from Cleveland Plasma is taking care of this for me but the delay sucks!
Just curious, was your double boxed? I was happy to see that mine was when it arrived.

Before that, I purchased a 75" LG, which was not double boxed - had to return it because of damage. I guess that was good, because I changed my mind and got this Sony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmesser View Post
Just curious, was your double boxed? I was happy to see that mine was when it arrived.

Before that, I purchased a 75" LG, which was not double boxed - had to return it because of damage. I guess that was good, because I changed my mind and got this Sony.
No it was not, unfortunately.

nick
post #3485 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
My personal opinion, but it's hard to step down in screen size after you are used to an 80 inch set even though the picture quality will be better with the Sony versus the Vizio. And it is hard to sell a used TV and get alot of money for it. Just take a look at your local Craigslist and you'll see what I mean.

Upgrade wise, every five years or so is my upgrade cycle. That's about the time the technology has taken a huge leap and the price performance makes sense - usually for a larger screen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi all,

I have seen a few very positive reviews about this tv. I have a 2014 M series Vizio 80 tv and I sit about 15 feet away from the TV. I have no complaints about the tv as of yet except no 4k. Do you guys think I should get the sony 75 900e, it will be step down in term of size, but will it be worth it to upgrade and give up 5inch of screen size. Also, can I salvage the vizio somehow, like can i resell it and get something for it. I don't want to replace a working tv if I don't get any money for it at all.

How do some of you guys upgrade tv's every 3-4 years?
Similar situation...had a 2014 Vizio M series 70" and upgraded to the 75x900e yesterday. The big difference for me is obviously increasing my screen size by 5" vs. potentially dropping 5" in your case. That's a tough call you'll have to make.

As for the 900e, the picture is spectacular in the ~18 hours I've been using it. The 4k stuff (using the built-in Netflix and Amazon apps) is the first 'wow' moment I've had since HD first came out. I've been streaming the Ohio St/Penn St football game from last year on ESPN this morning and the picture quality is pretty good (not perfect, but better than the Vizio). The motion is smooth and impressive.

It probably comes down to the size issue and what you can get for your Vizio. We just moved and I sold my Vizio with the house and got good bang for my buck. I did the same when we moved the last time too (not that I'd suggest moving for the sake of an AV upgrade).
Ricoflashback likes this.
post #3486 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Because I have an iphone is it possible for me to screen mirror or cast photo/video directly from my phone somehow?

Also is pairing a bluetooth headset easy to do? I imagine I just need to pair my device via the bluetooth settings menu and then somehow select it as the source?

It looks like the video app doesnt work for USB, I connected my USB with a few videos on it and the video app does not recognize it, says no devices found.... what a bummer.

Last edited by tw1st; 07-28-2017 at 08:27 AM.
post #3487 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmesser View Post
No matter where you buy damages happen, even from best buy. Look at all the recent Fry's complaints going on. TV's could be in cased in 1/4" plate steel sitting in the middle suspended in air and believe me shippers could still damage them. Check your good's when as soon as you get them, insurance works when reported in a timely fashion....
post #3488 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
No matter where you buy damages happen, even from best buy. Look at all the recent Fry's complaints going on. TV's could be in cased in 1/4" plate steel sitting in the middle suspended in air and believe me shippers could still damage them. Check your good's when as soon as you get them, insurance works when reported in a timely fashion....
Adding to that, you can never tell what condition a TV is like from the outside box. Mine had a crease in it but knock knock, the TV was not damaged. And what a gorgeous 75" panel! My authorized Sony dealer said the Sony TV's are protected very well but you can never tell what happens during the shipping process. Once it's inspected and plugged in - - then you'll know what you've got.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #3489 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Because I have an iphone is it possible for me to screen mirror or cast photo/video directly from my phone somehow?

Also is pairing a bluetooth headset easy to do? I imagine I just need to pair my device via the bluetooth settings menu and then somehow select it as the source?

It looks like the video app doesnt work for USB, I connected my USB with a few videos on it and the video app does not recognize it, says no devices found.... what a bummer.
I am not aware of a way to mirror your iOS device to an Android TV directly because the screen mirroring technologies that they use are not compatible with each other.

What you will need to do is to either find and install a compatible app on your TV that understands AirPlay, a compatible app on your phone that can communicate correctly with the TV, or use a Mac/PC in between with a compatible app for the phone.

iMediaShare is available in the App Store at no cost and I was able to very easily stream videos from my camera roll to the 900E with zero setup to speak of. You load the video in the app and choose the TV from the list of devices it shows you and it plays. It worked easily with my 940D as well, so last year's TVs should not be an issue either.
post #3490 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyemanGT View Post
Hey everyone! I'm no tv expert and I'm hoping someone can help me with a couple power issues I've been having with this set.

1. My TV turns itself on at random. Like I get home after work and go into my game room and the set is on looking for a signal. Btw, I have nothing bravia synced to it and none of the timers are set. Any ideas?

2. Here lately, sometimes I will turn the tv on and the led light below the screen will come on, but the screen won't. Then the led light turns off. On the third try the SONY log pops up and loads for a while, then the android tv introduction kicks in before I can use it. Again, any ideas what this could be.

Lastly, a quick stupid question. Various options on the menu use a left and right slider representing ON/OFF. Which direction is on, and which is off?

If anyone can help, thanks in advance! It sucks to spend so much on this set and have these annoying power problems.

I have had both of those problems since I bought the set and they continue since the last update. In the first instance, I have no idea what keeps turning the set on by itself. Someone mentioned a rogue HDMI connection, but the only HDMI connection I had was an Apple TV.

The rebooting is part of using Android is my guess. The other day it happened while I was changing channels on OTA TV. Not sure if random crashes will ever go away. If it happens repeatedly, you probably need to do a complete factory restore.

Quote:

Pairing a BT A2DP device is very east to do. Put the device in pair mode, then go to the Home Settings menu under BT and select it from the menu and complete the pairing process. The audio source is automatically selected based on the TV input.

The video app also did not work for mine, but you need to confirm that your USB flash drive is formatted properly. I haven't had time to look into this, so you'll need to do a little research. I'd wipe it and format it as directed. Also, it may be very specific about the type of video files. As mv4 files are Apple, Android might not recognize them. Make sure they are in a recognized format.

The iPhone will NOT natively stream to the TV, but there are Apps that should via wifi. Again you'll need to do a little research, since it's not something I'm willing to do. If you want a native experience with AirPlay, you should buy an Apple TV, but wait until this Fall when they hopefully release the Apple TV 4K version. You will appreciate streaming from that without over taxing the TV's processor while you access TV system menus.
post #3491 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post
The iPhone will NOT natively stream to the TV, but there are Apps that should via wifi. Again you'll need to do a little research, since it's not something I'm willing to do. If you want a native experience with AirPlay, you should buy an Apple TV, but wait until this Fall when they hopefully release the Apple TV 4K version. You will appreciate streaming from that without over taxing the TV's processor while you access TV system menus.
WiFi absolutely works, but it's not the only option. Any connectivity to a common local network between the TV and the iOS device is all that's required as long as the network is configured properly to support Bonjour/mDNS and similar pieces for the device to automatically "find" the TV['s].

My TV's are hard-wired to my local LAN and my iOS devices are [obviously] connected to my local network via WiFi. Connections to my TV's were quick, smooth, and worked very well using iMediaShare. Video quality was quite good.
post #3492 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
I am not aware of a way to mirror your iOS device to an Android TV directly because the screen mirroring technologies that they use are not compatible with each other.

What you will need to do is to either find and install a compatible app on your TV that understands AirPlay, a compatible app on your phone that can communicate correctly with the TV, or use a Mac/PC in between with a compatible app for the phone.

iMediaShare is available in the App Store at no cost and I was able to very easily stream videos from my camera roll to the 900E with zero setup to speak of. You load the video in the app and choose the TV from the list of devices it shows you and it plays. It worked easily with my 940D as well, so last year's TVs should not be an issue either.
Quote:
I have had both of those problems since I bought the set and they continue since the last update. In the first instance, I have no idea what keeps turning the set on by itself. Someone mentioned a rogue HDMI connection, but the only HDMI connection I had was an Apple TV.

The rebooting is part of using Android is my guess. The other day it happened while I was changing channels on OTA TV. Not sure if random crashes will ever go away. If it happens repeatedly, you probably need to do a complete factory restore.

Pairing a BT A2DP device is very east to do. Put the device in pair mode, then go to the Home Settings menu under BT and select it from the menu and complete the pairing process. The audio source is automatically selected based on the TV input.

The video app also did not work for mine, but you need to confirm that your USB flash drive is formatted properly. I haven't had time to look into this, so you'll need to do a little research. I'd wipe it and format it as directed. Also, it may be very specific about the type of video files. As mv4 files are Apple, Android might not recognize them. Make sure they are in a recognized format.

Thank you so much guys, I finally got the TV setting to where I like them, and now am trying to figure out all the techy stuff I can use. Thanks again!
post #3493 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindman View Post
Hmm yeah I did already. Tried 1 and 4. Strangely it works on another TV in the house but not this one. Did you have to do anything else to get it working? What adapters are you using?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The brand is Portta, from Amazon Canada
post #3494 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Question, does anyone own the x800 4k blu-ray player? How do you like it with your x900e as compared to other 4k blu-ray players?
post #3495 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Almost every TV I've owned has had options for "Wide/Stretch/Full/Fit to Screen"
On the Sony, I use "Full" as it keeps the correct aspect ratio and doesn't crop the image. Every other mode messes up the image. If I use "Normal" it squeezes the TV image into a square, making people long and thin.

In the Settings > Picture > Screen section, you can adjust the overscan with "Display Area". I have it set to "+1" which is basically no overscan.
post #3496 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
WiFi absolutely works, but it's not the only option. Any connectivity to a common local network between the TV and the iOS device is all that's required as long as the network is configured properly to support Bonjour/mDNS and similar pieces for the device to automatically "find" the TV['s].

My TV's are hard-wired to my local LAN and my iOS devices are [obviously] connected to my local network via WiFi. Connections to my TV's were quick, smooth, and worked very well using iMediaShare. Video quality was quite good.
I actually meant the iOS device would connect via wifi network the TV is connected to. I don't believe BlueTooth supports any media viewing, but I could be wrong. The TV does have something called WiFi Direct, but I believe that requires disconnecting from a wifi network to do it, though if you're plugged in via Ethernet, it's possible to remain connected to the network while establishing a direct wifi network with an iOS device. While I know an iOS device can connect to that network, I'm not sure if the devices support Media transfer that way natively.

Anyway, lots of options. I prefer the Apple TV as I don't really want to have to download another app to connect to my TV, and it handles all of my media and streaming needs natively.
post #3497 of 19000 Old 07-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizm4 View Post
On the Sony, I use "Full" as it keeps the correct aspect ratio and doesn't crop the image. Every other mode messes up the image. If I use "Normal" it squeezes the TV image into a square, making people long and thin.

In the Settings > Picture > Screen section, you can adjust the overscan with "Display Area". I have it set to "+1" which is basically no overscan.
"Full" keeps the correct aspect ratio of your source. If your source is natively stretched, full will display that. I don't particularly care for Sony's wide implementation. It produces inconsistent results based on the source. For instance -- a 480i signal in 4:3 ratio will stretch to fill the screen in Full mode. Normal mode will then present it in the correct aspect ratio. But that setting with compress a 480i 16:9 signal. Whereas such a signal will inexplicably stretch only vertically, when zoom is selected, whereas zoom will stretch a regular 16:9 signal in both directions.

It's kind of a mess. So the default setting is whatever works best for a persons particular viewing habits.

I tried setting my display area to +1 to elimate the overscan, but I found on some network HD channels, there was a 1/2" gap at the top of the display, and 1/4" gaps on other channels on the sides. Normal seems to offer the most consistent results. Again I found he LG far superior in these kinds of fine tuning situations than the Sony has been.
post #3498 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Anyone using bluetooth headphones with this TV? I was looking at rtings headphone reviews and saw that all BT headphones tend to have around 150-200ms of latency which seems pretty bad. There is an "A/V sync" option in the audio settings. Is this meant to offset the video to compensate for the lag? Does it really work?
post #3499 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I found this on another forum and followed it - my menu, etc is certainly more responsive now.

I recommend

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comm...und_processes/
post #3500 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebabins View Post
I found this on another forum and followed it - my menu, etc is certainly more responsive now.

I recommend

I also found that the 'limit processes' does not survive a reboot. But removing Sony shelf and rebooting is still good advice.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

2017 Sony XBR75X900E | Onkyo TX-NR801 5.1 | Polk Audio front | Retired: 2006 Sony KDSR-60XBR1
post #3501 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 06:17 AM

I just can't fathom how the 900e doesn't support youtube HDR yet. I mean this is an Android tv after all, owned by google... and youtube is also owned by google... so what's the hold up? If anything I would expect these Android TV's to have youtube HDR support many months ago. My ks8000 has had is for quite a while now.

Please tell me there has been some official word from Sony/Google about updating the youtube app on the 900e with HDR support. I know some TV's don't support the needed profile, but this being a 2017 model and especially an Android OS I find it really hard to believe it's not enabled yet.

Also, could anyone tell me which version of AndroidTV is running on our TV's? Is it 6.0 or 7.0? It's hard to find any details about this for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizm4 View Post

I took a look at these settings yesterday, and I have them set the same way you do. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't having any of the screen cut off.
post #3502 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Tried some 4k soccer clips and the banding and dirty screen is minimal, but there if you look for it.

Came across this hdr video in YouTube and it's absolutely gorgeous if you are capable of playing it through an external device. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #3503 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebabins View Post

I recommend

Are you still running 6? As the replies indicate the settings won't survive a reboot on 7, which we're two updates into.

Quote:
I just can't fathom how the 900e doesn't support youtube HDR yet. I mean this is an Android tv after all, owned by google... and youtube is also owned by google... so what's the hold up? If anything I would expect these Android TV's to have youtube HDR support many months ago. My ks8000 has had is for quite a while now.

Please tell me there has been some official word from Sony/Google about updating the youtube app on the 900e with HDR support. I know some TV's don't support the needed profile, but this being a 2017 model and especially an Android OS I find it really hard to believe it's not enabled yet.

Also, could anyone tell me which version of AndroidTV is running on our TV's? Is it 6.0 or 7.0? It's hard to find any details about this for me...

I took a look at these settings yesterday, and I have them set the same way you do. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't having any of the screen cut off.
As far as I know there has been no official word from anyone about HDR. It appears that Google has not updated their YouTube App for Android TV yet, or Sony's implementation of Android TV won't handle it.

The system information is in the home/system/about menu.
post #3504 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Are you still running 6? As the replies indicate the settings won't survive a reboot on 7, which we're two updates into.

As far as I know there has been no official word from anyone about HDR. It appears that Google has not updated their YouTube App for Android TV yet, or Sony's implementation of Android TV won't handle it.

The system information is in the home/system/about menu.
Google has updated their YouTube App for Android TV devices such as the Nvidia Shield, unfortunately there's no HDR support. One of the big selling points with this update is the 360 Video streams.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
post #3505 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Google has updated their YouTube App for Android TV devices such as the Nvidia Shield, unfortunately there's no HDR support. One of the big selling points with this update is the 360 Video streams.

Sorry, just to clarify, since we're only talking about HDR support -- are you saying that The YouTube app on the Nvidia Shield was updated and does support HDR on the Shield?
post #3506 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 539
No it does not support HDR. The recent update changed the overall look of the app plus added the 360 streaming video feature.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
post #3507 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Adding to that, you can never tell what condition a TV is like from the outside box. Mine had a crease in it but knock knock, the TV was not damaged. And what a gorgeous 75" panel! Once it's inspected and plugged in - - then you'll know what you've got.
Most TV's that are damaged come in perfect boxes.......
post #3508 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 5
HDR10 plus

I swear I read somewhere that the Sony 900e would get a firmware update for hdr10+. Was this just wishful thinking or have you heard this too?

Thanks
post #3509 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraln8 View Post
Just bought the 75 inch x900e from Best Buy 1 week ago, on the first night I immediately noticed some vertical banding

Down the EXACT center of the screen and 2 on the left and 2 on the right all the way from the top to the bottom of the screen. It is pretty faint and don't notice it when it's bright, but it's noticeable especially on grey and things like nighttime skies while watching Daredevil (specifically the fight on the rooftop during the last episode), when it pans horizontally it's the most noticable

I haven't seen anyone else here say anything about vertical banding, did I just get super unlucky? Any way to fix it? I am still within my return period I think and I don't know if I just need to live with it, and if it could/would be worse if I swapped it out for a new one.

Great TV other than that (((
So I had Best Buy bring me out another 75 inch x900e, to swap, and the vertical banding is gone, but I still have the same problem as the previous tv.

The problem is right down the exact center of the screen the panel seems to be split in 2, left and right, and theres this line down the middle where the right side seems slightly different color/darker? than the left at that spot. It is less noticeable than the first tv, but it still exists, and is very obvious on panning white shots or muted colors. Not really any vertical banding like I had on the other TV. I sometimes dont notice it, but when I do its just silly to have in a brand new 3,500 dollar TV, again.

Anyone else see this on their 75 inch? It is sometimes hard to notice. Is it a flaw in the models? Am I just really unlucky, should I try AGAIN to get one without this problem from BB as I am still within my return period?

I also notice a lot of screen noise, when I compare the same game, to my old 50 inch 1080p monitor.

This is all very annoying Love the TV otherwise.
post #3510 of 19000 Old 07-29-2017, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I tried setting my display area to +1 to elimate the overscan, but I found on some network HD channels, there was a 1/2" gap at the top of the display, and 1/4" gaps on other channels on the sides. Normal seems to offer the most consistent results.
Well that's the source material though. The image that the network is transmitting has been cropped to get rid of artifacts or was filmed in a slightly different aspect ratio, causing a border. Chances are it's older material. You would see this all the time when watching DVDs of older shows on a PC, since there's zero overscan on a monitor. For everything else you watch, you're going to see more of the original image where those black bars are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page