2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 226 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40455Likes

post #6751 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygate View Post
Thanks! Note that I did write "mostly" comparable, at least when comparing the overall features, specs (other than of course full vs. edge) and overall ratings listed on the rtings.com site. A friend did recently buy the MU8000 and I've been over a couple times and it seemed fine to me watching football, and I do really like the breakout box used on that model. On the other hand, I would consider myself mostly "Sony guy" even though oddly enough my current TV is not a Sony, so the XBR900E has been of great interest to me since it started shipping.
I just will have zero tolerance for screwy OS issues with a TV set, so that's really my only hesitation. I bought my mother a Sony 40W600B a couple years ago, though, and she's never had a problem with it (but she also doesn't use any of the Internet/media features on it). So, I'm glad to hear you don't have problems, which offsets the other anecdotal evidence that others have posted.
Well, again I'm not sure everything you're comparing. The Sony/Android TV OS is buggy, and poorly implemented. If you don't have patience for little glitches, then you may have a problem with this TV, as just changing the volume can introduce interface delays. The only thing I've found to help that is limiting background processes in the developer settings, which for some reason doesn't stay selected and when I notice the volume interface lag, I inevitably discover it's reverted to default background processes settings. The Amazon app can stutter when adjusting settings, though my experience has been mainly until it's sufficiently buffered a 4K movie, and is generally not a problem for me. But it may drive you crazy. I was coming from an LG with significant light bleed, but that was mainly when watching movies in a dark room. When watching sports in a bright room, it was a fantastic TV. The webOS blows this Sony out of the water, and Tizen for that matter. But I had to spend more to get a better TV, and when comparing Samsung to Sony under the same conditions, the Sony had a much better picture for the money. That said, I have been a Samsung guy since my first flat panel. Sony couldn't even compete in that space even though I'd been a Sony guy all through the 80s and 90s. But this TV seems to have reclaimed some of that previous luster. I definitely gave up features I loved on the LG, which I thought was a great deal until I got it home, but those were the compromises I made for picture and build. I'm just waiting for Amazon to release its App for the Apple TV 4K and I won't be using the sets smart features at all after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6752 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
after about a week of dealing w/ the OS on it, I just went out and got a Roku Streaming Stick+. I was used to Roku from having a Roku 3 before. I find it far more intuitive and easier for my kids to use. I wish I didn't have to spend another $70 to watch streaming content, but it is what it is.
stradovinski likes this.
post #6753 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'm looking for a slim wall mount with at least a little tilt/angle. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6754 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post
I'm not sure what that A2DP comment refers to, as I've been able to flawlessly connect BT headphones (and virtually any BT device I've tried) to the TV since I bought it last March, and that's like 5 updates ago.
Ditto. I'm a BT fan and I have yet to have a problem with pairing, connecting and enjoying wireless devices on this TV, including an old Motorola BT keyboard (ala Motorola Xoom v1.0 tablet).

No Bling
post #6755 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
For all you "Edge Lit," LCD afficionado's - a new thread on the AVS Forum. I thought this was very telling. Making up for lost ground to Sony's FALD sets?

Samsung to return to FALD in 2018 to regain premium ground, registers new Trademarks.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...rademarks.html

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3, AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #6756 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
This is highly interesting, as I was previously a samsung fanboy, but I wont look to buy until 3rd or 4th quarter of next year, will not pay those initial msrp prices. So Im good for atleast a year on the 900e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
For all you "Edge Lit," LCD afficionado's - a new thread on the AVS Forum. I thought this was very telling. Making up for lost ground to Sony's FALD sets?

Samsung to return to FALD in 2018 to regain premium ground, registers new Trademarks.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...rademarks.html
post #6757 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just came home, turned my 75 900and update popped up. Took about 12 minutes to update. Anyone else get this?
post #6758 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 View Post
Just came home, turned my 75 900and update popped up. Took about 12 minutes to update. Anyone else get this?
Maybe it's this?

This software update (version PKG6.2676.0070NAA) adds the Google Assistant function.
paul416 likes this.

Sony 75" X900e 4K HDR TV
Samsung 65" KS8000 4K HDR TV
Samsung HT-E5400 5.1 Smart HTS
X1X GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 Pro GT: Ringo619
post #6759 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 View Post
No, i'm still running Android 6. The same software that the TV shipped with. Unless, an update provides DV or HDR You tube. I see no reason to upgrade the OS.
post #6760 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 344
If the update is only about Android I will pass. As Ive said many times here once you forget about those apps this is one amazing set. Ive been watching Netflx HDR content from a Roku premiere + for over a month now with not a glitch.

Matt
post #6761 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
For testing purposes, since the picture is the most important part of the equation, you need to plug your source directly into the TV. Once you eliminate all other factors affecting your signal, then you can presumably adjust for them once you get an acceptable picture when you add them back into the mix.

As for the "upscaling" issue, the rule is going to be garbage in, garbage out. Most cable signals are garbage. In theory, if all signal processing is turned off, the TV should perform pretty close to a direct upscale which is pretty much perfect for HD sources on a 4K TV as you'll note in the following example:

So in theory 4K sets should look pretty good since they are capable of representing the same sized lower-res pixel in an equivalent geometry, using simple ratios of 1:4 and 1:9. Your old 1080p set had a much more difficult time with 720p as shown above, being forced to create new material to smooth it out. It's obviously a clumsy effort from 720p to 1080p, but a 4K offers an even smoother path to upscaling by providing additional signal processing to enhance a lower resolution image, filling in some of the gaps from a native 4K signal.

The problem with cable TV is there's no way to know really what kind of scaling the source material has already been subjected to, so simply mapping a single pixel like this, results in a worse image, made even worse by adding additional signal processing to try and clean it up.
Thanks for all your thoughts. appreciate the info. So, in the last few days i've been experimenting with ways to get a better picture. I've had more than a few channels produce pixelation during dark scenes and oddly during some bright commercials on some channels (see attached pics from the IFC channel).

Things i've tried:
1. I tried a zillion expert settings, most with same results.
2. Last night i bypassed my connection via my old Sony receiver, and went directly from cable box to TV. So far it seems the results are better. Can't swear since i'm not watching the same content. Can i connect the audio another way? Optical? (not an expert)
3. Tried the Netflix app on the TV. AWESOME! Same with the ESPN app. The results appeared superior to my Apple TV's Netflix/ESPN apps. that seem right? i'm not complaining! Could be receiving the WiFi signal better somehow, i guess.
4. I've been using HDMI 3 (with arc) to connect. I'm going to try HDMI 2. What's the ARC do?

So, i'll play around some more, see what produces the best results, then check back in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2001.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	2311718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2311720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1998.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2311722   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2002.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	2311724  

Sony XBR 900E 55 inch 4K tv (USA)
Setup: Comcast X1 cable box / hdmi 2 ARC through a Sony midrange receiver / 5.1
Apple TV
post #6762 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkcsg View Post
Thanks for all your thoughts. appreciate the info. So, in the last few days i've been experimenting with ways to get a better picture. I've had more than a few channels produce pixelation during dark scenes and oddly during some bright commercials on some channels (see attached pics from the IFC channel).

Things i've tried:
1. I tried a zillion expert settings, most with same results.
2. Last night i bypassed my connection via my old Sony receiver, and went directly from cable box to TV. So far it seems the results are better. Can't swear since i'm not watching the same content. Can i connect the audio another way? Optical? (not an expert)
3. Tried the Netflix app on the TV. AWESOME! Same with the ESPN app. The results appeared superior to my Apple TV's Netflix/ESPN apps. that seem right? i'm not complaining! Could be receiving the WiFi signal better somehow, i guess.
4. I've been using HDMI 3 (with arc) to connect. I'm going to try HDMI 2. What's the ARC do?

So, i'll play around some more, see what produces the best results, then check back in.
P.S.
The "lag" issues i was having with the volume have gone away since i bypassed my Sony receiver -- was skipping volume numbers like 12 and others. odd!

Sony XBR 900E 55 inch 4K tv (USA)
Setup: Comcast X1 cable box / hdmi 2 ARC through a Sony midrange receiver / 5.1
Apple TV
post #6763 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
My thoughts after a couple weeks with this TV...

I was debating between this and an LG OLED. In the end, the reviews won vs the price difference ($800-$1000) depending on when you buy. I can say that I am happy with my purchase coming from a KRP500 plasma. I have always had reservations about LED TVs but this one so far is a winner.

One thing I can tell you is that the viewing angle does make a bit of difference for black levels, depending on how sensitive you are. I notice this on my DirecTV guide and menu that looks grayer than on my plasma, or when I'm sitting straight on. That being said, I don't find it to be noticeable when watching content thus far. It just stood out because it's a big black background. I also have a mount that swivels, but need to wait until a friend can come buy so we can lift it to the mount from the stand. I will then be able to angle it slightly to eliminate this issue (as slight as it is).

That being said, the blacks have been completely satisfactory so far. I don't watch credits and look for blooming around letters, or use test discs to make my decisions. If it looks great to you, go for it.

I also am pleased with the sports I've seen thus far (football, baseball, and basketball) so motion has been a non issue for me.

Can't comment on gaming, but all indications are that it should be fine for that.

Bluray upscales actually look awesome so far. I'm really amazed at the details without even getting into 4K discs yet (can't wait for the Dark Knight Trilogy).

65" is a lot bigger than 50"

The OS is a little laggy at times, but I spend so little tile interacting with it that it's a complete non-issue. Also a Roku solves everything. You can avoid the apps on the TV entirely if you wish for under $100, which is much less than the jump to the next level of TVs.

In the end I have no regrets not getting an OLED. It all depends on how much the price difference means to you. Never had an issue with burn in on my plasma, but I wasn't sure how OLED would turn out. Now that I have a 900e I'm glad I saved the extra $ as the price premium to me was not worth it. It really is a fantastic TV so far.

If this helps anyone, great! If not, that was a lot of typing for nothing.
post #6764 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradovinski View Post
My thoughts after a couple weeks with this TV...

I was debating between this and an LG OLED. In the end, the reviews won vs the price difference ($800-$1000) depending on when you buy. I can say that I am happy with my purchase coming from a KRP500 plasma. I have always had reservations about LED TVs but this one so far is a winner.

One thing I can tell you is that the viewing angle does make a bit of difference for black levels, depending on how sensitive you are. I notice this on my DirecTV guide and menu that looks grayer than on my plasma, or when I'm sitting straight on. That being said, I don't find it to be noticeable when watching content thus far. It just stood out because it's a big black background. I also have a mount that swivels, but need to wait until a friend can come buy so we can lift it to the mount from the stand. I will then be able to angle it slightly to eliminate this issue (as slight as it is).

That being said, the blacks have been completely satisfactory so far. I don't watch credits and look for blooming around letters, or use test discs to make my decisions. If it looks great to you, go for it.

I also am pleased with the sports I've seen thus far (football, baseball, and basketball) so motion has been a non issue for me.

Can't comment on gaming, but all indications are that it should be fine for that.

Bluray upscales actually look awesome so far. I'm really amazed at the details without even getting into 4K discs yet (can't wait for the Dark Knight Trilogy).

65" is a lot bigger than 50"

The OS is a little laggy at times, but I spend so little tile interacting with it that it's a complete non-issue. Also a Roku solves everything. You can avoid the apps on the TV entirely if you wish for under $100, which is much less than the jump to the next level of TVs.

In the end I have no regrets not getting an OLED. It all depends on how much the price difference means to you. Never had an issue with burn in on my plasma, but I wasn't sure how OLED would turn out. Now that I have a 900e I'm glad I saved the extra $ as the price premium to me was not worth it. It really is a fantastic TV so far.

If this helps anyone, great! If not, that was a lot of typing for nothing.
@stradovinski thanks for your review! My 75" is supposed to be here tomorrow and I'm still concerned about what I might lose moving away from my plasma.
post #6765 of 19600 Old 11-07-2017, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
On my 75” all four corners are slighly dark. Only really visible on white or light colored screens. How much of this is ”normal”? I am almost out of my exchange windows and need to decide quicky whether to return this one.
post #6766 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Downloaded now firmware update. Patch notes says it adds Google assistant support. No word on disabling USB ports from powering on when unit is off
post #6767 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by timosilakka View Post
On my 75” all four corners are slighly dark. Only really visible on white or light colored screens. How much of this is ”normal”? I am almost out of my exchange windows and need to decide quicky whether to return this one.
I recently noticed this as well on my 75" as well. Not visible during real content 99% of the time. I've decided to just not let it bother me, and figure it's fairly common, and even if I exchanged, doubtful whether the replacement would be any better.

I'm trying to be less OCD about this kind of stuff, and just enjoy it, and not sweat the small stuff.

FWIW.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #6768 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I recently noticed this as well on my 75" as well. Not visible during real content 99% of the time. I've decided to just not let it bother me, and figure it's fairly common, and even if I exchanged, doubtful whether the replacement would be any better.

I'm trying to be less OCD about this kind of stuff, and just enjoy it, and not sweat the small stuff.

FWIW.

I am considering the same. I am trying to think whether I should return this since there is a possibility to uppgrade to x940 for 600usd more. It means returning this one, cancelling the deal and ordering from another store so a lot of hassle... need to decide today.
post #6769 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 AM

Dark corners on these sets are normal and youll have it on every set.

what Im more currently worried about is the light around the frames. Its inconsistent, but noticeable especially in black screens when there are words in the middle of the screen like opening credits.

Can any one else confirm this? I ve had the same thing on 2 sets, so Im thinking its on all of them.

Sony XBR-65X900E owner
post #6770 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
So in theory 4K sets should look pretty good since they are capable of representing the same sized lower-res pixel in an equivalent geometry, using simple ratios of 1:4 and 1:9. Your old 1080p set had a much more difficult time with 720p as shown above, being forced to create new material to smooth it out. It's obviously a clumsy effort from 720p to 1080p, but a 4K offers an even smoother path to upscaling by providing additional signal processing to enhance a lower resolution image, filling in some of the gaps from a native 4K signal.

I just dont believe it. Ive put in direct blu ray 1080p sources , from a 4k player which upscales as well, into a 930d, 930e and two 900e's and my impressions were none looked as sharp or detailed as the 1080p tv, unless I put the "reality creation" on 100.

At bare minimum the "upscaling" just made it look the same.

I'm under the impression the tv is just fitting 1 pixel on 4 pixels on a 4k upscaled tv and it doesnt actually break down the picture and give it more detail, it just maps it so the picture fits the screen.

Sony XBR-65X900E owner

Last edited by pehaire; 11-08-2017 at 05:41 AM.
post #6771 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by petes67bird View Post
Enjoying my 75x900e, much better than my 55st30 panasonic plasma.

Here is a pic of it installed with the media light quad bias lighting. The light has an optional ir receiver which works with my harmony remote

I do have a question. Where do you go to limit background processes to 4? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
What bias light did you go with? I'm looking for a bias light that I can directly control with an IR. Some use RF and that won't work.
post #6772 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Scott View Post
What bias light did you go with? I'm looking for a bias light that I can directly control with an IR. Some use RF and that won't work.
https://www.biaslighting.com/product...ighting-system

You have to add on the ir adapter, whuchwas less than 10 dollars extra if I recall correctly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Todd Scott likes this.
post #6773 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timosilakka View Post
Normal on all FALDs. You won't notice during normal viewing except on light colored images if you're looking for it.
post #6774 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by pehaire View Post
Dark corners on these sets are normal and youll have it on every set.

what Im more currently worried about is the light around the frames. Its inconsistent, but noticeable especially in black screens when there are words in the middle of the screen like opening credits.

Can any one else confirm this? I ve had the same thing on 2 sets, so Im thinking its on all of them.
I've noticed this occasionally as well on my 65". I'm not sure if it's a byproduct of certain settings or not, but on a few scenes over the 5 months I've had this, I have noticed it.
marv117 likes this.
post #6775 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anybody notice that the native "Google Play" app provides incredible colors and sharpness? You might miss out on Dolby Atmos versus a Bluray or 4K disc but the picture is outstanding. I mean, better than all of the 4K Bluray discs I've rented to date. I'm not sure why. Optimized for Sony sets?

I also have my Roku Ultra hooked up natively to HDMI3 and while excellent, it isn't as sharp as the native Google Play app via Sony. I still use the Roku for apps like "Walter Presents" that are not available via the internal app selection. And, I use the Roku for Amazon Prime content that isn't 4K or HDR for sake of convenience.

There are some freebie offers for Google Play Movies and also pick any movie for .99 cents. I think I'll take them up on that. There is also an offer for a free 4K movie.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3, AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #6776 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll file this in the "wait and see file," but I was told by a Sony "Customer Support" representative today that the Sony 900E will have HDR10+ capability via firmware update.

I do not believe there is anything in HDR10+ right now as Amazon is the biggest proponent of this format. I wonder how you could even tell if content is HDR10+ unless the provider labeled it that way plus there was a clear indication on your TV set.

Home Theater Setup

Last edited by Ricoflashback; 11-08-2017 at 07:33 AM.
post #6777 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pehaire View Post
I just dont believe it. Ive put in direct blu ray 1080p sources , from a 4k player which upscales as well, into a 930d, 930e and two 900e's and my impressions were none looked as sharp or detailed as the 1080p tv, unless I put the "reality creation" on 100.

At bare minimum the "upscaling" just made it look the same.

I'm under the impression the tv is just fitting 1 pixel on 4 pixels on a 4k upscaled tv and it doesnt actually break down the picture and give it more detail, it just maps it so the picture fits the screen.
Were the 1080p sets the same size as the 930 and 900e? Or smaller? And were they side-by-side or just relying on your memory and impressions?

Reality creation is not going to make the picture sharper and more detailed. It's going to fabricate pixels in an attempt to make the picture look more natural, even the graphic demonstrates that. It can't create well defined detail out of what is not there, but it can smooth an image from being jagged, especially on a larger set.

Don't know what to tell you otherwise. This is how it works. My 900e easily matches or surpasses any 1080p set I've seen. Part of that could be settings, but he picture mapping is what it is. all things being equal, at a minimum the picture is going to look as sharp and crisp as a 1080p set. The catch is things aren't equal. The 1080p sets could have been brighter, had sharpness dialed up, and any host of other signal processing applied that, especially in a smaller set, made it appear sharper and more detailed than on a 4K. Likewise, what other settings did you adjust on the 4K sets besides reality creation, which again, isn't necessarily going to make the picture more sharp and crisp?
Ricoflashback likes this.
post #6778 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 7523 Post(s)
Liked: 7560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Well I guess there learned there lesson on Q technology......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I recently noticed this as well on my 75" as well. Not visible during real content 99% of the time. I've decided to just not let it bother me
Sometimes you are better of doing just that. Otherwise you could kill yourself chasing perfection......
ImpliedConsent likes this.
post #6779 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Box Size?

What is the size of the box the 75" TV comes in? I'm curious if it will fit in my truck, or if I should pay to have it delivered.

Thanks!
Paul
post #6780 of 19600 Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKingRoch View Post
What is the size of the box the 75" TV comes in? I'm curious if it will fit in my truck, or if I should pay to have it delivered.
Well, I don't have the actual box size but I can tell you that I thought it was very small compared to other sets I've seen. And - - mine was delivered in a pickup truck. Maybe you can get the exact measurements from the source you're buying the set from? Also - - I know Best Buy has free delivery & setup. I usually like to have the set delivered and plugged in to see if there are any defects right out of the gate. I had this happen with a 65" Samsung set that I purchased five plus years ago. The first one had incredible vertical banding. The second one was "Dead on Arrival" with a crushed side.

What was great about delivery and setup (at least plugging in the set to see if it works) was that they took the panel right out of the house once they determined it was defective.

Home Theater Setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page