Originally Posted by tidwelr1
Ok. Gotcha. Which setting in the 900e had to be changed?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is what I found in a Sony Forum.. Did the trick for me:
Re: HDR settings on Apple TV 4K on x900e [ Edited ]
09-22-2017 08:39 PM - edited 09-22-2017 08:42 PM
I was on the same boat as you (new apple TV 4k and x900e TV) and the apple TV would not detect the x900e as HDR capable. Long story short I just fixed the issue, and yeah, it's basically a setting on the Sony TV. Do the following:
1. Hit the "Home" button on the Sony TV remote. You'll see a bunch of icons popup
2. Arrow down to the bottom to Settings (it looks like a gear icon on the x900e)
3. Once in settings, go into External Inputs
4. Scroll down and go into HDMI signal Format (Enhance 4K HDMI signal Format)
5. Once there you'll see the magic setting we need, which is the Enhanced Format (Displays High-Quality HDMI signals on HDMI inputs 2 & 3...), so select it and navigate back out using the back button
I then went in and switched my apple TV to HDMI input 2, unplugged its power and replugged it back in. When the Apple TV booted back up, I went into the display settings and it showed as being HRD now...wooohoooo!!!! So yeah, it apparently only works for inputs 2 & 3 so be weary of that.
Hope it works for you and the other sony TV heads...so annoying that this isn't more obvious and hidden in ****** menus.