2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 392 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40398Likes

post #11731 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_t1 View Post
I'm having a heck of a time with a new Sony 75" 900E I bought and hoping to get some help from other TV nerds here.

This TV is replacing a 2015 Vizio M70.

My problem: After I changed my TV from the Vizio to the Sony 900E, I'm not getting any audio from my Sonos playbar. This is because DTS is being passed through to the TV which is passing it through the optical output to the playbar and since it doesn't support DTS I'm getting silence.

My Vizio didn't support DTS output on it's optical output, so there was some conversion happening (presumably to multi-channel PCM?). I was able to get 5.1 surround with the vizio but with the Sony 900E, I'm either able to only get Stereo or silence.

My setup: a Shield TV (2017 model) connected via HDMI to a Sony XBR-75X900E TV, with an optical audio cable to a Sonos Playbar.

The Sonos playbar famously does not support DTS and requires Dolby Digital.

As mentioned, My previous TV (a Vizio M70) worked fine in this setup, and somewhere in the path the DTS audio was being transcoded. No idea if this was PMS doing it, or the TV itself was converting it to multi-channel PCM. Either way, I was able to get 5.1 surround out of my Sonos system (playbar, sub + 2 surrounds).

Now with the Sony XBR 900E TV, the optical output support DTS and DD. DTS is being sent to the Shield TV and passed through intact to the Sony TV which then passes through to the Sonos playbar and I'm not getting any audio.

According to the sonos app, when there is no audio, it's showing the audio input as "unknown" which is their way of saying it's an unsupported format. I'm 99.9% sure it's because it's DTS.

I'm trying alternate ways to try to configure my Plex Media Server to force transcoding, but in parallel I'm looking at ways to get my Sony to work with some configuration that I'm perhaps overlooking. I suspect if I was just able to get the Sony to output multi-channel PCM on the optical output, things would work fine. However, I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer advice? I desperately need help!

Try “Home”, “Settings”, “Sound”, “Digital audio out”, and then try switching from Auto 1 to Auto 2 or PCM.

There’s also a setting somewhere that I have set to dolbly digital plus, not sure if there are any settings specific to DTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11732 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilan View Post
I’ve had mine (55 inch) for a few days now. All the content I’ve watched has looked amazing. The only time I’ve noticed any of the issues that people are talking about is during the credits of Dunkirk in HDR. There I could see some lighter areas around the edges of the screen.

However, watching dark scenes in Stranger Things (HDR), star fields in the Expanse, or dark scenes in Netflix’s Bright (HDR), I certainly don’t notice any issues.

I have been watching most content with the default settings set to cinema pro, in a dark room with a Philips hue light strip behind the TV as bias lighting. I tried the Rtings settings, but the picture seemed to have a bit more “pop” when I applied the cinema pro settings.

I am quite happy with this TV. If I wanted perfectly dark credits scenes, I guess I could have spent $500 more on an OLED panel, but that was out of my budget/wife acceptance level.

Coming from a 40 inch KDL 40v3000 (2007 model sony), this thing is amazing. I was grinning the whole time I watched Dunkirk because of how great the picture looked and how well I could see detail and action in the dark scenes.

If you’re looking for absolute perfection you aren’t going to get that from a mid range TV. That’s why they sell more expensive models.

Well no tv is perfect, but I agree that I think most on here are videophiles who are ocd about picture quality as I used to be but learned to let go a bit so I can enjoy the set. I get it but I mean if the adjustment of settings can fix then it’s not that bad. I however won’t know till I have my set I’m just going by what I saw in videos which isn’t real life. I would suspect if you had all the processor stuff set high it should help. But what do I know lol I’m going off my 850c 65 that had cloudingcand those settings all but took it away

Last edited by fssfguy; 01-26-2018 at 04:16 AM.
post #11733 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Hey all, I’ve enjoyed reading through much of this thread in anticipation of my 55X900E, which arrives tomorrow. Quick question, I am upgrading from a 2007 KDL-40V3000 which I have wall mounted on a swiveling mount, should I be able to reuse the same wall mount and hardware? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In case anyone has a similar question, I can confirm that yes this TV can be mounted using the same hardware as the older Sony. I dug through the manuals and it uses the exact same screw size as the old 2007 model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11734 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
I'd ramp everything to max brightness, contrast, Xtended Dynamic Range, Advanced Contrast Enhancer, etc...

Why not send two sample photos to Sony. Send pics of a display that doesn't have the defect and then send pic of the same content playing on yours. Mine is perfect I'd be glad to take a pic with no edge bleed or whatever it's called as a control sample for you. Just let me know the content and time stamp.

what a great idea and an even better offer.
post #11735 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
@nihil ian I agree this tv may have limitations set by the build and price point. I'm sure i could surf You Tube looking for videos that might expose a flaw. Does that mean my tv's a piece of trash no because it isn't visible in everyday viewing. Let it go people or buy a Z9D or top of the line OLED which will probably have technical limitations also to be found. And no i'm not a Sony shill this is the first Sony i've owned and i'm impressed by it what a deal.

Last edited by omston; 01-26-2018 at 08:19 AM.
post #11736 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge View Post
The Extreme processor in the higher end models is for picture enhancements/processing, I don't think it effects the speed of the Android OS. I don't notice any lag using Netflix I have yet to try Amazon. I do have a Prime account though so I will test it out later.
I agree with you regarding the X1 (and X1 Extreme) Processors for these displays. It appears that one processor is for handling video processing, while the other is meant for other operations such as the OS. This sparked my curiosity a while back and it all came out with the Dolby Vision debacle for the higher-end models. Those Mediatec chips in these sets are the "Elephant in the Room" for these TVs. I don't understand the ins and outs of how things are processed regarding Dolby Vision, but if this process was to be handed off to the Mediatec chips, then Sony owners would be in a world of hurt. When the "let the device handle it" remark was revealed, I had a little smurk on my face as I knew this wasn't the way it was meant to be.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
post #11737 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I've seen some complaints about A/V lip sync issues with this model. I am in the process of returning another (Vizio) TV with similar issues. I'm curious if people have overcome this problem and how common it is. Have people just gotten over it? Has it been fixed through firmware?

Thanks
Fyodor
post #11738 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:

Try ?Home?, ?Settings?, ?Sound?, ?Digital audio out?, and then try switching from Auto 1 to Auto 2 or PCM.

There?s also a setting somewhere that I have set to dolbly digital plus, not sure if there are any settings specific to DTS.
Tried both auto1 and auto2 with no change in behavior. There are no DTS specific settings.
post #11739 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM

@fydo r Mine looks like an old Bruce Lee movie with audio overdubbing no just kidding. I haven't had any sync issues with built in sound or my av receiver over hdmi. I haven't tried optical or ARC connection though.

Last edited by omston; 01-26-2018 at 10:32 AM.
post #11740 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_t1 View Post
Tried both auto1 and auto2 with no change in behavior. There are no DTS specific settings.
I can't get any dts encoded videos to output through optical using Kodi or any other app for that matter. I don't think the tv supports it.
Hard to believe since it's been a standard for 20 years. Biggest disappointment with this tv is the audio pass through. I can't even get
5.1 DD using Google play or Amazon. For some reason Netflix works fine as does the Sony video app. I went back to using my WD live media
player, so no 4K. Good thing this set upscales 1080 so well.
post #11741 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rismoneyman View Post
I have a strange issue I cannot figure out. I originally bought a Sony 75x850e and it was making a popping noise, when i powered on the FIOS cable box, or unpaused/rewind the DVR. I thought it was a defective unit, so I returned it, and subsequently bought the 75x900e.
Now this unit is doing the same thing.

I have a 6 year old Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000 receiver, and the TV is connected to it over a AV Access HDMI Extender. I have played with every possible setting I can think of (different HDMI, ARC, etc)

Now I seem to have isolated the issue down to it only occuring when the AV receiver is off, and performing HDMI pass through.
If i turn on the receiver and it plays audio through my 5.1 - I have no issues (no loud popping noises)
If I turn on the receiver, and I tell the TV to only play through the TV speakers no issue.
If I turn off the receiver, I always get popping noises.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
I get a static popping noise on my 55 x900e when unpausing my dvr. I believe it might be the newest update because I have a 2nd 55 x900e that hasn't received the update yet and it doesn't have the popping noise. The problem tv is on the December Android security patch, while the other TV is on the August Android security patch. However, I can't confirm this until my 2nd TV receives the update too.

Does your TV sound like this?

Last edited by Rover16; 01-26-2018 at 10:17 AM.
post #11742 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Things are beginning to become much clearer for me as I research the SOC found in this display.
For Oppo owners, the curiosity a bit strange as the 203 uses the Mediatek 8591, while the Sony displays uses the 5891. For Nvidia Shield owners, we already know the power of this device (Tegra X2).

The Oppo is a tank, and like the Shield, you can throw anything at it and it will play it.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/article...&id=1487919714

Scroll down to the comment section and you'll see a great explanation regarding what this particular SOC is capable of and not.

Is it processing power, or simply a bad implementation of Android TV OS on these displays? Leave these as dumb displays, and I bet Sony could not keep any in their inventory because the video processing is top-notch, but we know that will never happen.

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #11743 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Longtime Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrooke26 View Post
Perhaps I can help. Visit Post # 10997 and see if you like the settings there
Thank you johnbrooke26. I'm taking delivery of the 75" model tomorrow afternoon and the message you provide the link to looks to be exactly what I was looking for (starting calibration settings).
johnbrooke26 likes this.

pat----

post #11744 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Things are beginning to become much clearer for me as I research the SOC found in this display.
For Oppo owners, the curiosity a bit strange as the 203 uses the Mediatek 8591, while the Sony displays uses the 5891. For Nvidia Shield owners, we already know the power of this device (Tegra X2).

The Oppo is a tank, and like the Shield, you can throw anything at it and it will play it.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/article...&id=1487919714

Scroll down to the comment section and you'll see a great explanation regarding what this particular SOC is capable of and not.

Is it processing power, or simply a bad implementation of Android TV OS on these displays? Leave these as dumb displays, and I bet Sony could not keep any in their inventory because the video processing is top-notch, but we know that will never happen.
WOW! As a new owner of a X75900E, that is an eye-opening thread. Guess I'll have to give up on using the built-in apps on the TV for 4K and replace my Roku with a newer 4K compatible model. The news on the built-in WiFi on these TV's isn't much better. Sounds like a 4K panel, but all of the other stuff built-in is quite sub-par.

Sony XBR-75X900E / Marantz AV8801 / Emotiva XPA-5 / Oppo BDP-103 / Paradigm Studio 40v2 / Paradigm Studio CC490 / Paradigm ADP190 / SVS PC12-NSD x2 -- "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." --Lewis Carroll
post #11745 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omston View Post
@fydo r Mine looks like an old Bruce Lee movie with audio overdubbing no just kidding. I haven't had any sync issues with built in sound or my av receiver over hdmi. I haven't tried optical or ARC connection though.
Thanks-if I could impose on you further, what kinds of sources are you using with it?
post #11746 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipad View Post
I can't get any dts encoded videos to output through optical using Kodi or any other app for that matter. I don't think the tv supports it.
Hard to believe since it's been a standard for 20 years. Biggest disappointment with this tv is the audio pass through. I can't even get
5.1 DD using Google play or Amazon. For some reason Netflix works fine as does the Sony video app. I went back to using my WD live media
player, so no 4K. Good thing this set upscales 1080 so well.
FWIW, I recently watched the Battlestar Galactica Collection on Blu-ray. I have the Sony X800, which is connected by HDMI to HDMI 2 on my 900E. I have Optical Out going to a fairly old Onkyo AVR. But the Onkyo consistently receives, displays, and plays the DTS Audio that's on these discs.

Since you're playing from a different source, you may be encountering different issues. But just wanted to let you know that at least with this hardware, DTS is supported and put out by Optical Audio.

I also get Dolby 5.1 on Amazon and Netflix. I'm almost certain, but not 100%, that with perhaps rare exception, the Google Play App and YouTube App, do not support 5.1 (sometimes in conflict with what it says on screen). (This is using the TV's apps, not the ones on the Sony Blu-ray player. I do use the X800 to watch some YouTube HDR demos, which this player does support, while the TV's YouTube App does not.)

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #11747 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awardb View Post
WOW! As a new owner of a X75900E, that is an eye-opening thread. Guess I'll have to give up on using the built-in apps on the TV for 4K and replace my Roku with a newer 4K compatible model. The news on the built-in WiFi on these TV's isn't much better. Sounds like a 4K panel, but all of the other stuff built-in is quite sub-par.
My only saving grace was the use of an Nvidia Shield, and for the past 2 and a half years witnessed Android TV at its peak performance. If the Shield wasn't present, I probably would have shipped my TV back. There's simply no excuse for the Android TV experience on these displays to be this poor, other than to cut costs here and there. So far, I've researched information regarding the Sony and Oppo usage of Mediatek SOCs.

The Oppo 203 uses the Mediatek 8591, while the Sonys use the 5891. Oppo and Mediatek worked in conjunction to develop the chip for the 203 and 205, and my 203 is simply awesome. The Nvidia Shield uses a Tegra X2 and is over 2 years old. I can't throw any old video file at my 900e like I can with my Shield and Oppo, and expect it to play. So the Shield, as always the case, is my primary viewing device.

Video-wise, the 900e is spectacular. Playing videos through the Shield and Oppo 203, whether it be 480p, 1080p, or 4k, I've been overly impressed.

While this link belows points the finger mostly towards Android TV, you will see how Sony's implementation gets some of the blame as well. Considering I'm using a Shield, I simply do not have these performance issues with this device, running the Same OS. The only real limitation is no HDR for Youtube and Google Play movies.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2...KwE_zxbFUk/pub

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #11748 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
Quote:
I have the latest Roku Player but honestly, the internal apps have been working fine for me. Yes, they can be slow and the Android interface is not as robust as it could be. But I find the picture quality from the native apps to be absolutely stellar. Better than hooking up my Roku player (on both TV's - 49" and 75")

Google Play Movies from the internal apps look fabulous on the Sony 900E. I watched Dunkirk on the .99 cent special and it was superb.

So - for those folks out there that are new to the TV - - sure, you can get an Nvida Shield or Roku or Apple TV - - whatever you want. But compare that against the PQ of the native apps before you make a final judgment, up or down!
wavytoo likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #11749 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
I have the latest Roku Player but honestly, the internal apps have been working fine for me. Yes, they can be slow and the Android interface is not as robust as it could be. But I find the picture quality from the native apps to be absolutely stellar. Better than hooking up my Roku player (on both TV's - 49" and 75")

Google Play Movies from the internal apps look fabulous on the Sony 900E. I watched Dunkirk on the .99 cent special and it was superb.

So - for those folks out there that are new to the TV - - sure, you can get an Nvida Shield or Roku or Apple TV - - whatever you want. But compare that against the PQ of the native apps before you make a final judgment, up or down!

But here's the question, is this TV capable of handling Youtube/Google Play Movies in HDR, and Dolby Vision? Something tells me yes, and Sony's poor implementation of DV on their higher-end models opens up a can of worms regarding the hardware that is used. Atleast with the Shield, there is definitely a hardware limitation, due to the VP9 Profile for Youtube HDR was released after the Shield hit the market. But if there was some type of software implementation, I bet you the Shield would handle Dolby Vision with no problem. Then there's the Oppo 203, but that's another conversation, but they along with Sony, use Mediatek chips as well.

Picture quality is great, but poor navigation performance of Android TV can make or break a person, depending on their level of patience.

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #11750 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6791 Post(s)
Liked: 6793
Quote:
Originally Posted by omston View Post
@nihil ian I agree this tv may have limitations set by the build and price point. I'm sure i could surf You Tube looking for videos that might expose a flaw. Does that mean my tv's a piece of trash no because it isn't visible in everyday viewing. Let it go people or buy a Z9D or top of the line OLED which will probably have technical limitations also to be found. And no i'm not a Sony shill this is the first Sony i've owned and i'm impressed by it what a deal.
That sums it up right there.......
post #11751 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
Thanks-if I could impose on you further, what kinds of sources are you using with it?
Direc tv, PS3,PS4 bluray, OTA and the built in apps however i haven't tried the apps over ARC just the built in speakers.

Last edited by omston; 01-26-2018 at 12:33 PM.
post #11752 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for some quick tips: (I just got an x900e last week and a Roku Ultra last night).

I saw i need to set the HDMI input 2 or 3 to enhanced?

The Roku Ultra and the tv have many of the same apps.

Do the apps on the Roku Ultra or the TV itself differ in terms of HDR? Resolution? Buffering? Anything else?

I have to use the optical out on the tv for sound (for streaming) as I do not have a sound processor that can pass on a 2.2/4k/HDR signal so I dont expect the sound to differ between the Roku apps and the TVs apps? Or could it?

Thanks
post #11753 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I've been using the built in apps since day 1 and have had almost 0 issues. Once I did the tweaks recommended (dev options>limiting bg processes mainly) it's been fast enough.

Does anyone else have trouble casting Netflix from a phone? When I do, it either stops on the screen and makes me select a profile with the TV remote, or goes into Netflix and does absolutely nothing. Very frustrating.
post #11754 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
But here's the question, is this TV capable of handling Youtube/Google Play Movies in HDR, and Dolby Vision? Something tells me yes, and Sony's poor implementation of DV on their higher-end models opens up a can of worms regarding the hardware that is used. Atleast with the Shield, there is definitely a hardware limitation, due to the VP9 Profile for Youtube HDR was released after the Shield hit the market. But if there was some type of software implementation, I bet you the Shield would handle Dolby Vision with no problem. Then there's the Oppo 203, but that's another conversation, but they along with Sony, use Mediatek chips as well.

Picture quality is great, but poor navigation performance of Android TV can make or break a person, depending on their level of patience.
Correction, the DV implementation is working just fine on the high-end Sony sets and is not a "Sony" implementation but a Dolby one.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #11755 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdorsey View Post
Correction, the DV implementation is working just fine on the high-end Sony sets and is not a "Sony" implementation but a Dolby one.
Via HDMI? The only instance of DV working through HDMI is a beta update via Apple TV4k. I'm not concerned about native apps such as Netflix and Amazon running Dolby Vision, that's been the case since the update was released.

Oppo has announced an update in the Spring. The Sony X700 won't get a DV update until the summer.

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #11756 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Stopped at a local BB to see the 900e and 940e. The PQ was better on the 940e. Is this something they setup just to make the more $ set look better. The 940e had more pop. Looking at getting a 75”
post #11757 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post
Stopped at a local BB to see the 900e and 940e. The PQ was better on the 940e. Is this something they setup just to make the more $ set look better. The 940e had more pop. Looking at getting a 75”
They do that @ the Magnolia displays. Ask to adjust each to your settings and view the results.
post #11758 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm the proud owner of an XBR75X900E for a week now...coming from an XBR65X850B. From a broadcast TV standpoint, my old setup consisted of a DirecTV HR54 and a 4K Mini (C61, I believe) all routed through a Denon AVR-X6200W. I noticed that this new TV can be used as a DirecTV tuner using the DirecTV Ready function. I started to go through the setup and it makes me enter a PIN from the DVR and then asks which location I want to replace. I have a couple of questions... First of all, do I want to use DirecTV Ready in the first place? What are the pros and cons? Can DirecTV Ready be used to replace the 4K Mini? If so, can the 4K Mini be repurposed to the XBR65X850B that it was originally attached to?

Thanks,

Dave
post #11759 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone, I greet you from Argentina

I have the 55 "x900e and it is without a doubt the best LED TV that I had in my life, it was between this and the B7P, but it does not make sense to pay fortune for the latter with the (serious) defects that the technology still has, BI / RI / ABL / HDR with crushing blacks / Gray Bands.
That said I wanted to do a general query, have you tried games like uncharted with the motionflow activated and out of game mode? While I notice that the inputlag increases, I also believe that the experience in the movement is great! and I practically do not feel that it becomes INJUGABLE set in this mode.

On the other hand, did anyone try the fifa 18 in game mode? I feel a minimum of Motionblur, this can be partly due to the HDMI cable of poor quality?
However, I do not perceive this when I watch football or another sport ....

Sorry for my English, I do what I can

Thank you !
post #11760 of 19279 Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I've only got 30Mbps speed, but its consistent and never had a problem streaming anything. The lag in my volume app is there whether I'm streaming something, or watching OTA TV via the built-in tuner. So it likely has nothing to do with the internet speed, Wifi or Ethernet.[/QUOTE]

I only have 15Mbps speed, wireless to the TV. I've only streamed youtube a couple of times, but no issues. No problems with lag with the OS; remote control commands are quick and responsive. I don't use the TV speakers, so I don't use the volume control on the remote. I watch either satellite TV or stream local content with my WDTV Live SMP (wired) or from a USB external drive plugged into the TV. Changing TV settings during those activities are also without issues. I bought the 55" just before Black Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page