2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 401 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40400Likes

post #12001 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6850 Post(s)
Liked: 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Only problem is a good switch can cost more than a new AVR. And you also will be adding more cables to your setup.

Most of us are not pure audiophiles and just want good sound, I was in the same boat and found a decent Denon that i'm very happy with and cleaned my up my wiring setup.
That is a fact there and something to certainly consider.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12002 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question New Owner - Gaming Input Lag Help/Guidance?

Hello all,

Just signed up to get in on the discussion for this TV - just got mine 2 weeks ago. I cannot rave about the picture enough...coming from a 6 year old 1080p unit that developed a handful of pixel-thin horizontal lines over the course of owning it, in addition to one corner showing significant white clouding in one corner during dark scenes from almost Day 1 (but I dealt with it)...I was really excited for this and I'm thrilled.

However, and maybe it's a placebo affect from reading up on this, but there does seem to be a little input lag while playing video games. I noticed it mostly with emulation on my NVidia Shield while playing A Link to the Past. Maybe I don't remember how it used to be as a kid, or maybe it's a setting on the Shield itself, but there seems to be an ever so slight delay in my inputs that would make a game like Mario much trickier than necessary, considering how precise timing has to be.

I have put it into game mode, with no additional motion or clarity effects on, so I don't believe it's as simple as that. I have also tested this out with Rocket League on my PS4 and Breath of the Wild on my Switch and I believe there is a delay with those two as well.

Any other gamers out there, what do you suggest that I tweak or turn off to get the best out of this?
post #12003 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by psklenar View Post
True, but there are a good number of folks who've invested in somewhat more expensive HD AVRs or PrePro's that such a UHD switch would be valid option for. In my case, it was definitely less expensive than buying the new PrePro I'd been considering before finding the switch. And both the video and audio appear pristine to my eyes and ears (and to my friends who helped me get up and running this past weekend. I really need to get up and move more for my health, but ... it's so tempting to get lost in those beautiful pixels.

As for increased cabling complexity ... it added two cables to my setup. Everything that had been plugged into my PrePro is now plugged into the switch and the switch goes to the TV. The "extra" connections are the audio pass-through from the switch to the PrePro and a connection from the PrePro to the TV to allow proper handshaking for the audio.

But, options are good ... some people will find adding a switch to the system to be an unneeded or undesired option whereas others will find it meets their needs perfectly.
This certainly looks like an option to the HDFury Integral. More expensive but it looks like it's easier to use with multiple sources, switching and one HDMI audio out. For my setup (7.1.4 or 9.1.2 with Front Wides), the only AVR that looks interesting is the Denon AVR-8500H. But that cure is worse than the disease, cost wise. I'm sure it will drop in price but it has all the bells & whistles you need.

My main desire is to get Netflix Dolby Atmos audio without having to buy an XBox One or S AND a switch like this. Maybe Netflix will surprise us this year with more options. I've given up on 4K/HDR Blurays. Poor quality and fake 4K (mastered from 2K sources) plus cost & availability has rendered my Samsung K8500 to paper weight status in my rack. Upscaled Bluray's look fantastic on the Sony 900E from my OPPO 103.

Cable wise - - no hope of Comcast providing any 4K/HDR content unless it's streamed. Not like Directv, where you can get some sports and PPV in 4K/HDR. It would be nice of Directv Now had 4K via a simple streaming interface but who knows if/when that will ever happen. I'd pay a Netflix monthly cost or more just for their 4K/HDR channels alone.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)

Last edited by Ricoflashback; 01-31-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12004 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
We just purchased a 55” 900e a week ago, and really love the tv. Awesome picture, best I have ever owned.

I am curious, though, if it’s possible to change the photos in the screensaver / backdrop? The stock photos are nice, but I wouldn’t mind having family photos from my google acct. show up instead when the screensaver engages. It seems it is possible according to the Google Home app on my phone, but doesn’t seem to stretch that functionality to the Sony. Although the currently showing photo/artwork on the tv does show in the Home app on my phone, the opposite doesn’t seem to work. As far as I can see in the options.
post #12005 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987 View Post
It is quite odd. I've never experienced a phenomenon like this in any other TV. It's NOT actually light bleed, but a weird difference in brightness.

Because you can't see it on very very dark scenes. If the edge of the TV is black or extremely close to it, you don't see it at all.

Only on on *dim* scenes. And it is by far most prevalent on scenes that features grays or dark to mid-dark blues or greens.

It truly does depend on the type of scene being displayed.
Your description of the anomaly is 100% accurate!
iphilologos likes this.
post #12006 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I recently setup my 65"...is it normal for this TV to have a small lean backwards ?
Normal for my 55, but annoying as it put my lamp light reflection on the to of the screen,
Likely done for safety reasons to balance the unit backwards.

Sony XBR-55X900E
Roku 3
Windows 10 PC /KODI/Media Player/VLC/CyberlinkPowerDVD
Philips DVP640 >> Sony UBP X-800 Harmony One
Yamaha RX-V592
post #12007 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Calibration setting for sports/football

Hello guys, new owner of an XBR900E. I've seen calibration settings for dark rooms, light rooms, movies, gaming but no one on YouTube or anywhere else with a Google search has optimal settings for sports, only comments that the "Sport" standard setting sucks. Does anyone on this forum have suggestions for settings to watch the Super Bowl? Room has variable lighting, Comcast Xfinity X1 service running through Pioneer VSX-LX102 AVR.
post #12008 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavytoo View Post
Normal for my 55, but annoying as it put my lamp light reflection on the to of the screen,
Yep, look at the Sony Community support page. Sony says it leans back because of some mumbo jumbo about your eye angles being lower when you're sitting. Didn't quite make sense to me but after having my TV now for 3 days, you get used to it. Alternatively, if you don't like it, you can put a small rubber pad (like you'd use under a lamp base on furniture) and even it out.
post #12009 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavytoo View Post
My 75" seems to lean ever so slightly forward - almost perfectly straight.
post #12010 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2u View Post
Hello guys, new owner of an XBR900E. I've seen calibration settings for dark rooms, light rooms, movies, gaming but no one on YouTube or anywhere else with a Google search has optimal settings for sports, only comments that the "Sport" standard setting sucks. Does anyone on this forum have suggestions for settings to watch the Super Bowl? Room has variable lighting, Comcast Xfinity X1 service running through Pioneer VSX-LX102 AVR.
I'd love to add them to the spreadsheet
UPDATE: Located mikeyphd from an Xbox One forum who has 3 settings, one specifically for Sports. The spreadsheet has the direct link and the settings added. Thanks, and can't wait to try them myself.

Sony XBR-##X900E Picture Settings Summary spreadsheet
Vizio 2015 M-series Picture Settings Summary spreadsheet
Sony XBR-65X900E | Vizio M65-C1 | Yamaha TSR-7790BL AVR | DirecTV HR54-700 Genie | DirecTV C61K-700 4K Genie Minis | Roku Streaming Stick+ | XBox One Elite | AppleTV Gen 3 | Panasonic Blu-ray

Last edited by johnbrooke26; 01-31-2018 at 06:26 PM.
post #12011 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 08:02 PM

New owner here (very happy) but I've had a problem with the WiFi dropping every time I turn the TV off. Does anyone have a workaround or fix for this?
post #12012 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm in the club! Went with the 65 instead of 75 as wife thought that was too big. Oh well still significantly larger than my Samsung 50 plasma it is replacing and I saved a thousand bucks. Gorgeous picture using Rtings settings done quickly! Also reluctantly purchased the Sony X800 4K BD player even though I had sworn off Sony BD players for life because of previous experiences, lets face it there isn't much choice out there in that price range (which is really unreasonably high I think). Got the TV mounted on the wall pretty easily. This TV weighs about half what the Samsung weighs. The M6 mounting bolts are about half the size of the mounting bolts from the Samsung. You can almost throw this 65 around and wall mounting was a breeze. After getting it all set up and the new 4K HDMI cables in place my son threw his 4K copy of the original Blade Runner in and we started watching. The detail is jaw dropping coming from the Sammy Plasma experience. We were mesmerized for the 5 minutes that it played before the Sony player froze up. Oh well that's a story for another thread. I went to bed and son stayed up and watched Star Wars BD. He reported it froze up only once about halfway through. That is going to be a sticking point if Sony doesn't get that straitened out though. But the TV looks great and we're all ready for our Super Bowl party Sunday, if it doesn't get snowed out. Appreciate all the guidance in this thread as I have been trying to follow along for the last month or so.

Dave
post #12013 of 19305 Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davird_Jr View Post
I'm in the club! Went with the 65 instead of 75 as wife thought that was too big. Oh well still significantly larger than my Samsung 50 plasma it is replacing and I saved a thousand bucks. Gorgeous picture using Rtings settings done quickly! Also reluctantly purchased the Sony X800 4K BD player even though I had sworn off Sony BD players for life because of previous experiences, lets face it there isn't much choice out there in that price range (which is really unreasonably high I think). Got the TV mounted on the wall pretty easily. This TV weighs about half what the Samsung weighs. The M6 mounting bolts are about half the size of the mounting bolts from the Samsung. You can almost throw this 65 around and wall mounting was a breeze. After getting it all set up and the new 4K HDMI cables in place my son threw his 4K copy of the original Blade Runner in and we started watching. The detail is jaw dropping coming from the Sammy Plasma experience. We were mesmerized for the 5 minutes that it played before the Sony player froze up. Oh well that's a story for another thread. I went to bed and son stayed up and watched Star Wars BD. He reported it froze up only once about halfway through. That is going to be a sticking point if Sony doesn't get that straitened out though. But the TV looks great and we're all ready for our Super Bowl party Sunday, if it doesn't get snowed out. Appreciate all the guidance in this thread as I have been trying to follow along for the last month or so.
Welcome and glad that you and your family are enjoying the TV!
As far as the Sony 4k player goes, if you just got it, get an exchange In! 4K discs are definitely the way to go for the complete experience. Just make sure you have set the HDMI ports 2 and 3 to enhanced to completely get the HDR effect. Also another nice work around is to invest in a Roku streaming stick+. For streaming apps in 4K HDR such as Vudu (which their 4K movies cost about $10 cheaper than getting the 4K disc.....similar to iTunes prices)
post #12014 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Like I said once before I haven't updated since he'll September I think. I missed plenty of updates. They usually add features and Improves general performance has anyone seen the tv get worst after the updates. I swear I heard someone said the update made the tv worst for someone.
post #12015 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 03:20 AM

Liked: 4
I went thru a Samsung 75MU8000 (too dim), then a 65X900E (too small after having the mu8000 in my house for a week!), then a 75X900E, then a second 75X900E (for a significant sale price unmatchable by BB). I’ve been following this thread for quite some time. I’m reading about a lot of hardware issues members have had with their sets (light bleed, dead pixels, update issues, Wi-Fi problems, “panel lottery” etc etc). I’m sure those things happen, and even rtings had a pixel issue.

The reason I’m posting is to share my experience, and also provide a bit of a review. After heavily testing and using the three X900E TVs I brought into my house, all three were without any type of hardware flaw (same with the Samsung btw). I’m only mentioning this in case anyone reading the forums is under the impression that there is a high risk of getting a bad panel. This forum is an _awesome_ resource of information the only downside is that sometimes our problems (while real) may present an idea of widespread unreliability in the equipment. I’m pretty sure the vast majority are just fine, but it is well worth checking for flaws right away just the same. I used the calibration files from rtings to check my set out in a very dark room, as well as several of my favorite media. Like I said, my three were fine. Two were purchased from BB and the last one from a military BX in case that matters.

I’m not new to the AV scene and I have to hand it to Sony for making a TV with such an incredible picture. I cannot believe how well it upconverts even old TV shows and standard def DVDs (color and resolution). Of course that don’t look anything like 4k but they do look better than they did 10-20 years ago. What took the most work for me was finding a good motion/anti judder setting that I like that works for any source and I found it finally. It’s especially important on such a large screen. The recent clearing of inventory in prep for the F model makes it a good time to pick one of these up and I’m glad I did. I’m normally an early adopter, and usually spring for the latest models but this I couldn’t pass on.

I have an older appleTV, an older Fire Stick, the Sony 800series 4k BD drive, the Sony 1080 AVR, a Roku streaming stick plus, Directv (not 4k) and a Harmony Elite. The appleTV and Fire Stick are essentially useless now. I have nothing but good things to say about the Roku. And nothing good to say about the Sony apps except that they work just ok (no hdr in YouTube?), other than the Google Cast which I use a little bit. I had a chromecast ultra but I returned it because I couldn’t get it to output various surround audio. The Roku does it all including Atmos, and everything 4k and HDR that’s available to stream and lots of apps—very slick interface. It doesn’t have google cast, but it sees and plays my movies on my computer and it has google play on it, although I don’t use that app. If anyone is frustrated with the Sony apps I highly recommend it.

Thanks everyone that contributes here. You provide a service Sony and the rest could never come close to.
AJ
post #12016 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What do you guys think of this? BS?

Just curious what to expect when I log the TV onto the net.
post #12017 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Click bait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65X900E / Sony STRDN1080 / Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 Series / Vizio P55-C1 / Vizio SB4031-D5 / DirecTV Genie (non-4K) / Apple TV 4 / Apple TV 4K / Roku Premiere+
post #12018 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Hey guys, how is the upscaling on this set? I am deciding between the 75” 900E and 75” 940E. I ask because it’s very important to me as I watch a lot of cable sports as well as other cable content. I will also be streaming 4K and indulge in video games every so often. I know most of you can’t compare it directly to the 940E which has the X1 Extreme chip which “supposedly” improves upscaling...but by how much? How would you say it does at upscaling to your eyes?

Another thing..do owners of This TV notice motion blur or smearing on fast moving sports or fast paced video games? Thanks guys!
post #12019 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestyk View Post
What do you guys think of this? BS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf5bBQveTRM&t=251s

Just curious what to expect when I log the TV onto the net.
Please ignore that idiots' videos.
marcusb84 likes this.
post #12020 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post
Hey guys, how is the upscaling on this set? I am deciding between the 75” 900E and 75” 940E. I ask because it’s very important to me as I watch a lot of cable sports as well as other cable content. I will also be streaming 4K and indulge in video games every so often. I know most of you can’t compare it directly to the 940E which has the X1 Extreme chip which “supposedly” improves upscaling...but by how much? How would you say it does at upscaling to your eyes?

Another thing..do owners of This TV notice motion blur or smearing on fast moving sports or fast paced video games? Thanks guys!
In its' price range the 900e has exceptional upscaling and motion handling. I would have ditched it if it smeared or blurred on that type of content.
Bklynblaze likes this.

Last edited by bradman; 02-01-2018 at 06:40 AM.
post #12021 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarton812 View Post
Hello all,

Just signed up to get in on the discussion for this TV - just got mine 2 weeks ago. I cannot rave about the picture enough...coming from a 6 year old 1080p unit that developed a handful of pixel-thin horizontal lines over the course of owning it, in addition to one corner showing significant white clouding in one corner during dark scenes from almost Day 1 (but I dealt with it)...I was really excited for this and I'm thrilled.

However, and maybe it's a placebo affect from reading up on this, but there does seem to be a little input lag while playing video games. I noticed it mostly with emulation on my NVidia Shield while playing A Link to the Past. Maybe I don't remember how it used to be as a kid, or maybe it's a setting on the Shield itself, but there seems to be an ever so slight delay in my inputs that would make a game like Mario much trickier than necessary, considering how precise timing has to be.

I have put it into game mode, with no additional motion or clarity effects on, so I don't believe it's as simple as that. I have also tested this out with Rocket League on my PS4 and Breath of the Wild on my Switch and I believe there is a delay with those two as well.

Any other gamers out there, what do you suggest that I tweak or turn off to get the best out of this?
Game Mode, all motion and picture interpolation off. Game tests out at 31-35ms delay, which is very good. This increases to 100+ in any mode other than Game.
Some emulators introduce lag, maybe that's at play here? I play a LOT of input reliant games on this set without issue, and so do many other users, not sure what's going on with your situation.
post #12022 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrooke26 View Post
I'd love to add them to the spreadsheet
UPDATE: Located mikeyphd from an Xbox One forum who has 3 settings, one specifically for Sports. The spreadsheet has the direct link and the settings added. Thanks, and can't wait to try them myself.
Outstanding, John! The spreadsheet was just what I was looking for and it includes the reviews/calibrations that I'd already discovered. If I find anything more, I'll message you for an email contact and send them to you directly.
post #12023 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I know hardly anyone else has this issue but I do know some other people have complained so I'd like to update my audio lag issues.

I believe my audio lag is very specific to my setup. I have a Sony 2017 75x900e TV & a Sony 2017 STR-DN1080 receiver. They are connected via ARC & I have experienced audio delay ever since I hooked up them after purchase in October. I see mouths start to move then the audio kicks in. I see this lag on all inputs on the TV, especially the coax/antennae connection cause that's what I watch most, OTA TV.

The lag decreases noticeably if I change the digital audio out setting on the TV from Auto1 to PCM but that also reduces my audio to 2-channel but that is the only way I've been able to reduce it. However, for some reason, internal apps like Netflix or HBO Go do not have lag issues, even in dolby digitial or dolby digital plus. It's the just inputs on the TV.

Anyway, I have an open case with Sony & it's been upgraded to the engineer/dev team. I'm hopefully optimistic it's going to get fixed & will update everyone if we find a solution.
DLCPhoto likes this.
post #12024 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Hey guys, how is the upscaling on this set? I am deciding between the 75? 900E and 75? 940E. I ask because it?s very important to me as I watch a lot of cable sports as well as other cable content. I will also be streaming 4K and indulge in video games every so often. I know most of you can?t compare it directly to the 940E which has the X1 Extreme chip which ?supposedly? improves upscaling...but by how much? How would you say it does at upscaling to your eyes?

Mid last year the 940E was notorious for motion blur and artificial pixelation. Since then late last year the 930e/940e received an update to fix the motion problems, But not sure to what degree. Even if you look at rtings. com, they say that the 940e and 930e still don't quite hold a candle to the 900e in terms of motion even though it has improved.
post #12025 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damar1979 View Post
Mid last year the 940E was notorious for motion blur and artificial pixelation. Since then late last year the 930e/940e received an update to fix the motion problems, But not sure to what degree. Even if you look at rtings. com, they say that the 940e and 930e still don't quite hold a candle to the 900e in terms of motion even though it has improved.
Thanks, in your opinion would you go with the 75” 940E or save $ and go with the 75” 900E? I watch a lot of cable sports and some video gaming on top of watching movies and streaming.
post #12026 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristCutlass View Post
How long you had it? And was it after update or factory reset etc? Thanks for info
ive had the tv since nov. I did a factory reset n no problems
post #12027 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the 900e 75 inch and use dish network hopper 3 also a sony sound bar. I use the dish remote for all 3. Is there a way to have the sound bar power up when the TV and dish is turned on with out switching the remote to aux turning on the sound bar then switching the remote mode back to satellite? I am trying to keep it simple for guests in the house so I don't have to coach them up or leave the tv in the tv speakers mode on.
post #12028 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Help with Motionflow : True Cinema vs Custom.

I have been watching with Motion Flow on True Cinema setting but find watching TV shows on Netflix etc that it is not smooth enough when the camera pans quickly, I am thinking perhaps because the TV is so big 75" vs ones I have had in the past (I sit about 8 ft from the screen). I am now trying it with Custom and a smoothness setting of 1 which helps. With True Cinema on the smoothness setting is set to 3 and cannot be changed. Does this mean that when a movie starts playing and True Cinema settings come into effect then the smoothness is at 3?

Been trying understand the Motionflow settings and in the past I have always kept it off.

Thanks in advance

HT Room: Anthem AVM60 (replaced Marantz AV7005 & Parasound Halo C2), Parasound Halo A51 & A23, Monitor Audio GR60, GR Centre, GR10, GSFX, SVS SB-4000, Sony 75X900e, PS4

Family Room: Yamaha RX-A2060, PSB Imagine T2, Imagine Centre, Imagine B, Oppo Digital BDP-80, Samsung QN65Q7CN

Last edited by Jon SS; 02-01-2018 at 11:01 AM.
post #12029 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I recently setup my 65"...is it normal for this TV to have a small lean backwards ?
Yes, I believe they all do. I know my 65" did. I say "did" as this was my simple solution... I took a wood paint stirring stick and cut it into four roughly 1" x 1.5" pieces. I then took two of these and, with the printed side in, glued them together with wood glue (repeating with the other two pieces). After clamping and letting them dry, I used a black Sharpie to "paint" them. I then slid one under each of the back legs of the TV's stand and, voila, my TV now sits perfectly straight. And, yes, I used a level to check . I should take a pic...
post #12030 of 19305 Old 02-01-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damar1979 View Post
Thanks, in your opinion would you go with the 75? 940E or save $ and go with the 75? 900E? I watch a lot of cable sports and some video gaming on top of watching movies and streaming.
I say stick to the 75 900e. The 900e is a very well balanced TV! It just happens to do everything well
Bklynblaze likes this.

Last edited by Damar1979; 02-01-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page