2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 440 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40469Likes

post #13171 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Anyone know if Netflix app on the 900e will support Dolby Atmos when Netflix streams Dolby Atmos content ?
Google says Netflix 4K has Dolby Atmos content, but this won't work with ARC. Only Dolby digital and DTS are supported. You will have to buy a Nvidia Shield or other media player

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13172 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2082 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick4K View Post
Google says Netflix 4K has Dolby Atmos content, but this won't work with ARC. Only Dolby digital and DTS are supported. You will have to buy a Nvidia Shield or other media player

Not exactly. Netflix supports Dolby Atmos on only a couple of platforms.

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:

LG OLED TVs (2017 models or newer)
Windows 10 app (requires Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299 or later)
Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X

Lastly, ARC supports Dolby Atmos via DD+. For Xbox - you’ll need to download the Dolby Atmos access app.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X6700H & Emotiva XPA-3, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides). Stereo 2 Channel Only - Dali Evidence 470 & MartinLogan Forte Amplifier/Streamer with ARC.
post #13173 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick4K View Post

I have a Roku Premiere + that I watch Netflix on rather than the 900e app.Wonder if that will support dolby atmos?

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13174 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Does the HDMI 3-ARC port on the Sony 900E accept a "normal" HDMI video input? When I output direct to that port from my old Oppo DVD player (which I keep around for its region-free abilities) I'm not getting a picture on the TV. Could be the Oppo finally died though.
post #13175 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayg View Post
Does the HDMI 3-ARC port on the Sony 900E accept a "normal" HDMI video input? When I output direct to that port from my old Oppo DVD player (which I keep around for its region-free abilities) I'm not getting a picture on the TV. Could be the Oppo finally died though.
Do you have the "enhanced" setting switched on? If so, turn it off. HDMI 2.0 ports are backward compatible, but older devices may not recognize 2.0 configurations.

Unfortunately, switching off the enhanced settings will also switch it off for HDMI 2 port as well, so your best bet is keeping all your old gear which is incompatible with HDMI 2.0 on ports 1 & 4 if you use enhanced settings for port 2 or 3.
post #13176 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The OS may be slow at times but Firefox and a bluetooth mouse work perfectly on it.
post #13177 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, I tried to read through many comments to see if i could find my issue but I either missed or its not there.

Since the 'dolby vision' update, I cannot change my picture mode. It says 'settings locked when in dolby vision'. I play a lot of games and change to game mode when playing them. Is this intended and does it have any effects on games?
post #13178 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omston View Post
The OS may be slow at times but Firefox and a bluetooth mouse work perfectly on it.
Is the Firefox browser available on Google Play now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormad View Post
Hey guys, I tried to read through many comments to see if i could find my issue but I either missed or its not there.

Since the 'dolby vision' update, I cannot change my picture mode. It says 'settings locked when in dolby vision'. I play a lot of games and change to game mode when playing them. Is this intended and does it have any effects on games?
The Dolby Vision Update is not for the 900E. Are you posting on the correct forum?
post #13179 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Question 900E to be delivered tomorrow! -- connections?

My first 4K TV, a 75900E is being delivered tomorrow morning! Devices I will be connecting to the TV include my Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player and my HD cable DVR. Now, my AVR is a Denon AVR-X5200, which does not have full 4K compatibility, so I plan to run two HDMI cables out of the Oppo, one going to the AVR for audio, and the other going directly to the TV.

My question is, how should I configure my HDMI connections between these three devices? Which inputs on the TV should the HDMI cables from from the Oppo and the DVR, respectively connect to? Which HDMI outputs on the Oppo should be connected to the TV and the AVR? Also, as I will now be streaming from the 900E, what is the preferred way to get the best audio from the TV to the Denon ARV? My understanding is that by using Audio Return Channel HDMI(rather than just an optical digital cable from the TV to the AVR), I can get better audio, perhaps DD+ quality. How should I accomplish this? Thanks for any info!

FAMILY ROOM--Legacy Signature II towers(Front L/R), PSB Image 5T towers(Surrounds), Polk LSiM706 center, Denon AVR-X5200W, Krell FPB 400cx, AR ES-1 turntable w/ Audioquest 404-B cartridge, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player, RCA HD-DVD player, Sony 75" 900E.
MASTER BEDROOM--Dynaudio Audience 82 tower speakers, Outlaw LFM-1 sub, Onkyo TX-NR809, Oppo BDP-83 Universal Disc Player, Panasonic 60-ST60 plasma TV.
post #13180 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
[QUOTE=Mac128;55779036]Is the Firefox browser available on Google Play now?

No you have to use ES Explorer and load it like a firestick. There are several videos on You Tube explaining how to do it.
post #13181 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
My first 4K TV, a 75900E is being delivered tomorrow morning! Devices I will be connecting to the TV include my Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player and my HD cable DVR. Now, my AVR is a Denon AVR-X5200, which does not have full 4K compatibility, so I plan to run two HDMI cables out of the Oppo, one going to the AVR for audio, and the other going directly to the TV.

My question is, how should I configure my HDMI connections between these three devices? Which inputs on the TV should the HDMI cables from from the Oppo and the DVR, respectively connect to? Which HDMI outputs on the Oppo should be connected to the TV and the AVR? Also, as I will now be streaming from the 900E, what is the preferred way to get the best audio from the TV to the Denon ARV? My understanding is that by using Audio Return Channel HDMI(rather than just an optical digital cable from the TV to the AVR), I can get better audio, perhaps DD+ quality. How should I accomplish this? Thanks for any info!
Congrats, I am having my 75 inch delivered tomorrow as well, can't wait!! You want to connect your avr to hdmi 3 that is the arc port and you want to connect your oppo player to hdmi 2.
post #13182 of 19673 Old 03-01-2018, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I've almost decided on the XBR-49X900E. I have an old Bravia I like, and the X900E has some key features that distinguish it from otherwise-comparable units (built-in OTA tuner, Bluetooth headphones). But I have a few nagging questions; I can't seem to find definitive answers in this thread or elsewhere ...

1. Do Bluetooth headphones work ? Even though it's been mentioned earlier here, I'm still not sure if there's significant latency, if the choice of compatible headphone choices is reasonably wide, or if it works at all.

2. I will listen to all audio through my stereo system - through my external Emotiva DAC and/or straight into my preamp's aux inputs. I know the TV's volume control modulates the volume from the analog audio output (if it's anything like my old Bravia) but does it modulate the volume from the digital optical audio out ? My stereo in old Dyna and McIntosh stuff, so can't control the volume by remote. I need to do it with the TV's remote. The DAC has a remote, but it's clumsy.

3. I currently listen to music streamed from a desktop computer Ethernet'ed to a 2ndGen Apple TV, connected to the external DAC via its optical audio output. I'd like to get an AppleTV 4K to match with the new TV, but Apple in its infinite wisdom decided to eliminate the optical audio output. So I'll have to pass audio from the ATV4K to the TV via HDMI, and then out the TV's optical audio output to the DAC. Has anyone tried this and able to comment on any compromise of the digital stream from passing through the TV ? I know the 44.1 KHz sampling rate of the ripped CDs is converted to 48K by the Apple TV (at least on the 2ndGen). As best I can tell, this has no detrimental effect, but I'd hate to see any further modification of the digital stream.

Thanks much !
post #13183 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Not exactly. Netflix supports Dolby Atmos on only a couple of platforms.

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:

LG OLED TVs (2017 models or newer)
Windows 10 app (requires Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299 or later)
Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X

Lastly, ARC supports Dolby Atmos via DD+. For Xbox - you’ll need to download the Dolby Atmos access app.
I don't know much about audio and streaming, but I'm guessing if you stream Atmos over one of these and your receiver is capable of atmos, but you have a 7.1 setup, it will not decode it to TrueHD like a UHD disc would. I'm guessing it would play as DD+?
post #13184 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb00 View Post
Pretty common, many of us here have brought up to Sony and get the "it's working within specifications", if your wife has this t.v. and has the issue, I suggest reporting it. If enough people report the issue it might make Sony change tune. If you do buy the 65" check it as soon as you get home, if you have the light bleed I would take it back. It's a great tv for sure, but on my 65" it's pretty noticeable during dark scenes
First time long time here.

Am feeling a bit better anyway now that I know I am not the only one experiencing the edge bleed / edge brightness differential / halo effect with my 65". I contacted Sony too and after my initial set of pics they too said it was within spec. I just recently sent another picture and asked them to re-evaluate. I need to check my build date FWIW - I did just take delivery of it about a month ago, and had to wait for it, so it is a fresh one.

To me my TV's panel performance isn't acceptable at all! It's all I can see now when I watch it. Granted my set is still quite new and has low hours on it - some say it might go away with some burn in, others say it won't.

FYI my on my whole screen shot I did edit the brightness and contrast of the picture etc. so the symptom is more noticeable.

My retailer is being cooperative to an extent and offered to buy it back so to speak minus some depreciation, and allow me to upgrade to a 930E for the price difference. However between the "trade in value" of my 900E and the cost difference they are charging me for the 930E it is a $700 difference which I really shouldn't be spending.

Just had to vent. If anyone has success with Sony admitting to this problem, and getting some resolution, please post!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1266.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2369064   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	673.3 KB
ID:	2369066  
post #13185 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jge1 View Post
I've almost decided on the XBR-49X900E. I have an old Bravia I like, and the X900E has some key features that distinguish it from otherwise-comparable units (built-in OTA tuner, Bluetooth headphones). But I have a few nagging questions; I can't seem to find definitive answers in this thread or elsewhere ...

1. Do Bluetooth headphones work ? Even though it's been mentioned earlier here, I'm still not sure if there's significant latency, if the choice of compatible headphone choices is reasonably wide, or if it works at all.
Yes. BT Headphones work very well. I experienced no latency in my use pairing directly with the set. Easy setup too. However, the BT connection has its own volume control, and can't be controlled by the master volume on the remote. So you either turn them down on the headphones themselves, or have to adjust via a menu. I had attempted to pair a BT subwoofer with my system, but the lack of global volume control made that an unusable system for me. Instead, I used the headphone output jack on the TV with a low latency BT dongle, which is controlled by the system volume control on the remote.

Any of this may have changed in recent updates as I haven't tried again in a while, but that would only work in your favor.
jge1 likes this.
post #13186 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddysnake View Post
I don't know much about audio and streaming, but I'm guessing if you stream Atmos over one of these and your receiver is capable of atmos, but you have a 7.1 setup, it will not decode it to TrueHD like a UHD disc would. I'm guessing it would play as DD+?
Still Dolby TrueHD but compressed (lossy) versus lossless (uncompressed) audio via DD+. If you have a 7.1 setup and not Atmos (7.1.4), you probably won't notice that much of a difference. DD+ is fully capable of Dolby Atmos, albeit not as good as an uncompressed Bluray disc with Atmos - either regular Bluray or 4K/UHD.

I rent from Redbox and the regular Bluray (non 4K/UHD) movies that have Dolby Atmos soundtracks are very enjoyable.
Scarriere and eddysnake like this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, Denon X6700H & Emotiva XPA-3, OPPO 103 - 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's-V.5 (FL/FR), CC-690-V.5 (C), ADP 590-V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub, Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides). Stereo 2 Channel Only - Dali Evidence 470 & MartinLogan Forte Amplifier/Streamer with ARC.
post #13187 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan456 View Post
Congrats, I am having my 75 inch delivered tomorrow as well, can't wait!! You want to connect your avr to hdmi 3 that is the arc port and you want to connect your oppo player to hdmi 2.
Correct. And I assume that the poster has cable or satellite? If it's not a 4K box, then you're fine switching through your Denon x5200. That's the same AVR I have. You'll route your OPPO 203 video to the Sony HDMI Input 2. Make sure to set the port as "Enhanced." Then, you'll route the audio from the OPPO 203 to one of the HDMI Inputs on your Denon x5200 and toggle on your remote to that input for audio.

ARC - I use ARC via Sony Input 3 to my Denon x5200 but it can be "finicky." By that, I mean that the handshake will sometime put you in a loop where it's switching to external speakers and then back to TV/Audio. I get around this my powering off my Denon AVR and then powering it back on. Usually, this fixes the problem for my cable output via my AVR. You'll have to enable ARC on your Denon, as well, so it defaults to TV Audio for internal, streaming applications. (Little white button on the remote to the farthest right - second row.)

I find ARC to provide the best audio and if you have a 7.1 or Dolby Atmos system, for those streaming sites that provide a Dolby Atmos track, they use DD+ to deliver that lossy (compressed) audio.

Hope this helps and enjoy!

Home Theater Setup
post #13188 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayg View Post
I have an OPPO BDP103 which is connected to my TV via HDMI1 and my soundbar is connected to the ARC HDMI3; I have not had any problem with sound. Hope this helps.
post #13189 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 7621 Post(s)
Liked: 7693
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski107 View Post
The bottom has what looks like pressure artifacts in 6 or 8 places. The entire bottom half has what looks like a shadow in the shape of a rainbow.

Do I go back to AAFES and try to replace a second one? Do I warranty this one? Any ideas?
Can you see these issues with normal content?
post #13190 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
I think this is normal behavior on a TV with this much range. To minimize it locpwer both to low or turn black adjust to off and local dimming to low. I run both set high in Custom mode and see it on occasion, but live with it as the picture and blacks are so good. I also leave enhanced contrast and extended dynamic range off for SDR. Yes I see the backlight dim quickly on some scenes and also see it raise for others, but again rare.

So I played with the settings turning each of and testing it. It turns out its the cinemotion setting. In standard its set to high. When i turn it off or set it to low I dont see the issue I was having. Thanks for the pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13191 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Can you see these issues with normal content?
On my 3rd 900e ! Small spots of what looks like dust caught between the layers of the screen plus pressure artifacts. These dust spots make it appear there are a couple of groups of 10 or so dead pixels each. My 1st set had weird lines and shut off, the 2nd set had dust spots and pressure looking artifacts and the freaking 3rd one has the same ! I am so ticked right now. I am going to yet try a forth one like an idiot because I love the pic and games look so nice at 4k with HDR. This is the only set I could find with the input lag numbers and other specs I need for my usage. Sad !
post #13192 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski107 View Post
So my first one ordered from AAFES came shattered, just got the second one today (although the first hasn't been picked up) and now I have this:

I'm guessing this is not normal and not something that settles? The bottom has what looks like pressure artifacts in 6 or 8 places. The entire bottom half has what looks like a shadow in the shape of a rainbow.

Do I go back to AAFES and try to replace a second one? Do I warranty this one? Any ideas?
I had a similar issue to yours, it was look to be a pressure spot at the top. I had ordered it online shipped from Texas to georgia of where I lived. I just took it back to AAFES in Fort Benning and ordered another one. Lol I was afraid at 1st cause since it was from Texas again it might have been the whole batch being like that. Anyways if you live close to a AAFES return it personally and order another one.
post #13193 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 289
75 900E is in the house! But way over my head, sadly.

Geez, I'm used to my Samsung DLP projection TV and this 900E is a different animal. I wish I had a personal setup coach/assistant to get this thing dialed in properly. I got it connected to my router and all, but I have no idea about the myriad of settings on it. There is a connection test you can run, but it only gives you an "OK" and no indication of the speed. I have 200 mbps Suddenlink Cable internet service, so it should be able to stream 4K content just fine.

However, I did use the Amazon app to stream a 4K show, which was that one where the three dudes drive sports cars all around Switzerland. It seemed like it took a very long time for it to start displaying a 4K image. And even after it did, the motion seemed a bit jumpy. Also, when navigating the Amazon app, and scrolling vertically through all the viewing options, it seemed to be very sluggish and took a long time for the "tiles" to fill in as I kept scrolling down. I wouldn't think it would be so sluggish with a 200 mbps connection. Do you think it would help to reset one or both of my internet modem and router? Also, when playing that Amazon content, I thought I would see in the upper right hand corner of the screen a display of "UHD" and/or HDR, but I didn't see anything there. Now, I wonder if it is true, as I've been told, that the Netflix app would be much snappier?

FAMILY ROOM--Legacy Signature II towers(Front L/R), PSB Image 5T towers(Surrounds), Polk LSiM706 center, Denon AVR-X5200W, Krell FPB 400cx, AR ES-1 turntable w/ Audioquest 404-B cartridge, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player, RCA HD-DVD player, Sony 75" 900E.
MASTER BEDROOM--Dynaudio Audience 82 tower speakers, Outlaw LFM-1 sub, Onkyo TX-NR809, Oppo BDP-83 Universal Disc Player, Panasonic 60-ST60 plasma TV.
post #13194 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
Start with "Ricoflashback" settings in the spreadsheet...Huge improvment...I'm still tweaking tho, I watch sports way more than I wanna admit...It's not so great on this 75" because it exposes the Garbage (G-N-G-O, Garbage In Garbage Out) that my provider (DISH TV) sends me!
Just installed a 75" 900e... I went straight to ESPN. Within 5 seconds I saw huge blocks of grass and intermittent pixellated mess ... I am going to play with some settings tonight to hopefully make some significant improvements.

i have a Fios box and set to native output at the moment. Please share any specific thoughts. thanks
post #13195 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvdingo View Post
Just installed a 75" 900e... I went straight to ESPN. Within 5 seconds I saw huge blocks of grass and intermittent pixellated mess ... I am going to play with some settings tonight to hopefully make some significant improvements.

i have a Fios box and set to native output at the moment. Please share any specific thoughts. thanks
Fios box users - - please chime in here. Quick question - are your HDMI Cables "Hi-Speed - 4K/60 Hz capable? Which Sony HDMI Input are you on?

If you're getting a pixellated mess - - then something is wrong between your Fios box and your Sony TV. How about streaming? Do you see the same problem? Relax - you'll figure it out. Lots of help here on the AVS Forum.
Scarriere likes this.

Home Theater Setup
post #13196 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by msull44 View Post
So I played with the settings turning each of and testing it. It turns out its the cinemotion setting. In standard its set to high. When i turn it off or set it to low I dont see the issue I was having. Thanks for the pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting, thansk for the feedback I need to do more playing.

LG 77 C9 (Also LG 65 C7 and Sony XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #13197 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin69 View Post
For the sports enthusiasts here just posting about basketball and Olympics, I love my CFL football coming up in a couple months and I saw the 'Live Football mode' in the picture settings.
Has anyone tried this out? From what I can gather, it cranks up the brightness and the motion control...haven't had the time to test it out yet though.
It's garbage.
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #13198 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Fios box users - - please chime in here. Quick question - are your HDMI Cables "Hi-Speed - 4K/60 Hz capable? Which Sony HDMI Input are you on?

If you're getting a pixellated mess - - then something is wrong between your Fios box and your Sony TV. How about streaming? Do you see the same problem? Relax - you'll figure it out. Lots of help here on the AVS Forum.
I'm going to play with it tonight to check other sources. I have no doubt the TV will handle streaming great. I am using high speed cables in HDMI-1?

Thanks for the support.
post #13199 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Geez, I'm used to my Samsung DLP projection TV and this 900E is a different animal. I wish I had a personal setup coach/assistant to get this thing dialed in properly. I got it connected to my router and all, but I have no idea about the myriad of settings on it. There is a connection test you can run, but it only gives you an "OK" and no indication of the speed. I have 200 mbps Suddenlink Cable internet service, so it should be able to stream 4K content just fine.

However, I did use the Amazon app to stream a 4K show, which was that one where the three dudes drive sports cars all around Switzerland. It seemed like it took a very long time for it to start displaying a 4K image. And even after it did, the motion seemed a bit jumpy. Also, when navigating the Amazon app, and scrolling vertically through all the viewing options, it seemed to be very sluggish and took a long time for the "tiles" to fill in as I kept scrolling down. I wouldn't think it would be so sluggish with a 200 mbps connection. Do you think it would help to reset one or both of my internet modem and router? Also, when playing that Amazon content, I thought I would see in the upper right hand corner of the screen a display of "UHD" and/or HDR, but I didn't see anything there. Now, I wonder if it is true, as I've been told, that the Netflix app would be much snappier?
I assume your connected via WiFi? Did you try another streaming app like YouTube? It maybe your WiFi connection. How far is your router from the tv? Can you run an Ethernet cable connection to the tv from your router and try that?

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
post #13200 of 19673 Old 03-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
GAlso, when playing that Amazon content, I thought I would see in the upper right hand corner of the screen a display of "UHD" and/or HDR, but I didn't see anything there. Now, I wonder if it is true, as I've been told, that the Netflix app would be much snappier?
First you have to navigate to the 4K UHD Amazon selections. There aren't that many. The problem is with doing a search is that you may get the 1080p version rather than the 4K version. Once you confirm that it's 4K from the title banner in the movie menu, you can confirm you are getting HDR by going to Picture Adjustments on the 900E and looking at the upper right corner for the HDR indicator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page