2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 479 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40381Likes

post #14341 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 16
One other minor thing to add that was kinda cool. The TV even seemed to improve the SD feed I get of some baseball games. I live in an area between Chicago and Milwaukee, so I get the major networks from both markets, but only get the Chicago ones in SD. The Cubs looked pretty alright on this TV in SD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14342 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6673 Post(s)
Liked: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
Been debating on getting the 75inch 900E or waiting until later this year when the 75inch 900f is the same price. Thoughts?
There is always something better coming out.....What about when the 900G comes out? 900H? At some point you will get your head chopped off
post #14343 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
Been debating on getting the 75inch 900E or waiting until later this year when the 75inch 900f is the same price. Thoughts?
It all depends on how much you value the savings...for me, I bought the 900E, a Denon X4300H receiver, an Apple TV 4K, and still am money ahead over the 900F. But if you're going to spend 900F prices on a TV anyway, you can't go wrong with it. I love my 900E, so I'm sure the 900F is good too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14344 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Anybody know if there's going to be an Android Oreo 8.0 update for the 900E anytime soon, or ever?

I'm kinda worried about a whole point update at this point, it's taken almost a year since the 7.0 update for the software to even get close to stabilizing and it's still not there.

Then again they could just skip the 900E, no? When does Sony usually drop support for their TVs? Or have they been on the Android platform long enough to know?
post #14345 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1309 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post
Anybody know if there's going to be an Android Oreo 8.0 update for the 900E anytime soon, or ever?

I'm kinda worried about a whole point update at this point, it's taken almost a year since the 7.0 update for the software to even get close to stabilizing and it's still not there.

Then again they could just skip the 900E, no? When does Sony usually drop support for their TVs? Or have they been on the Android platform long enough to know?
Sony updated the 2015 "C" line of tvs with Android 7.0 not too long ago. I doubt the "E" line will get passed up for the Android 8.0 update whenever it's ready.

I honestly don't find Android on this tv very problematic at all. I use it for Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play Movies...I've even played retro video games with the Nintendo and Super Nintendo Emulators from the Play Store and haven't had any problems with it. Is it a bit slower than Samsungs smart tv platform? Sure, but it's not like we're talking huge time difference in loading apps. I don't think it's ever taken more than 3 seconds to load any app. I don't even have background processes limited to 4 in developer options. I never turned on Samba TV so I wouldn't know how much slower that makes things but from what I hear it bogs the tv down a lot.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
post #14346 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm not sure what is more brain-damaged: the software on this TV, or the software on this forum. I just typed in a long message, and it wouldn't post because I haven't logged in for awhile (and the text is all lost).

Anyhow, short version ... TBS apps keep saying "TBS keeps stopping" in an endless loop and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't fix it. Samba did a similar thing awhile back and I did a factory reset but was told later that a soft reset (with power button) would have fixed it. But it ain't fixing this problem).

Any suggestions ? This thing is a good TV, but a piece of crap streaming device. I think I'll just use it for the former and buy an Apple TV 4K for the latter.

Last edited by jge1; 04-02-2018 at 04:06 PM.
post #14347 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 311
[QUOTE=Irishdoom;55960724]I thought I'd give a general update, as I've had my 49x900e for a couple of weeks now.

So far, I love, love the set. I really couldn't be happier with its performance to this point. It fit right in where I had hoped from a dimensions standpoint, and I didn't need to do any extra work other than remove the old TV from the mount and put the 900e in its place. (Thank you VESA for that.) It works great with my Sony CT390 sound bar, which for some reason didn't seem to perform as well with the older TV, but does really well now. I also didn't realize I'd get 5 free 4k movies with the set via Google play, but that was a nice bonus. It was a limited selection, but I was overall happy with what I got. (Spiderman Homecoming, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Baby Driver, Ghostbusters [2017], and Jumanji [the older one.] I actually realized I don't think I EVER saw all of Close Encounters - what a great movie!)

I also went ahead and got my Harmony Smart Hub and remote set up that I had bought in anticipation of getting a new TV. Now my Cable Box, FireTV and other stuff are all tucked away and the remote does everything I'd want. (I had an older Harmony 650, but this remote is MUCH better with its BT and non-ir reliant capabilities.)

As far as what I've watched 4k wise thus far, I really love Planet Earth II on Netflix. It's one of the best things I've found that really showcases the new format. Spiderman looked great in 4k, as did my The Force Awakens BluRay even though that was only upscaled. I do have a few 4k discs, and have an Xbox One X on the way to take advantage of those. (Coco, The Last Jedi, The Martian.) I also hope to soon watch one of the Netflix shows that is in HDR, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Thanks for all the help in this thread, I'm very happy I ended up here.[/QUOTE

When your ready the marvel series on Netflix has excellent HDR if that kind of thing is your cup of tea. I cant get enough of them and there are plenty to choose from.

Matt
post #14348 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
Sony updated the 2015 "C" line of tvs with Android 7.0 not too long ago. I doubt the "E" line will get passed up for the Android 8.0 update whenever it's ready.

I honestly don't find Android on this tv very problematic at all. I use it for Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, Vudu, Google Play Movies...I've even played retro video games with the Nintendo and Super Nintendo Emulators from the Play Store and haven't had any problems with it. Is it a bit slower than Samsungs smart tv platform? Sure, but it's not like we're talking huge time difference in loading apps. I don't think it's ever taken more than 3 seconds to load any app. I don't even have background processes limited to 4 in developer options. I never turned on Samba TV so I wouldn't know how much slower that makes things but from what I hear it bogs the tv down a lot.
You also have no problem editing Android, and dealing with the side-effects of upgrading. It's a different mindset. As it applies to other TVs, I couldn't say. LGs Web OS was a dream compared to this.

Regardless, the problems I've had have been with random glitches. The TV will turn itself on and off for no apparent reason. The interface will slow down and speed up of its own accord. I won't be able to turn on the TV, requiring a PMU reset one month, and the next no problems. My Apple TV disconnects from the CEC HDMI interface constantly, but in no identifiable pattern. Apps crash for no apparent reason. I started getting a Youtube has quit message popping up out of the blue and I wasn't even using YouTube. And on and on like that. Turning off Samba hasn't really changed much. It still gets bogged down. I do notice an improvement with limiting developer options. But all things considered, this implementation of Android is horrific, and like it or not, taints my entire impression of Android as a whole. And that is a huge problem for Android.

And it's not just me ... there's over 14K posts filled with people complaining about Android related problems. Perhaps it's your experience with Android that allows you to work around many of the problems the rest of us face. Whatever the case, Android is a problem with this TV.
post #14349 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

You also have no problem editing Android, and dealing with the side-effects of upgrading. It's a different mindset. As it applies to other TVs, I couldn't say. LGs Web OS was a dream compared to this.

Regardless, the problems I've had have been with random glitches. The TV will turn itself on and off for no apparent reason. The interface will slow down and speed up of its own accord. I won't be able to turn on the TV, requiring a PMU reset one month, and the next no problems. My Apple TV disconnects from the CEC HDMI interface constantly, but in no identifiable pattern. Apps crash for no apparent reason. I started getting a Youtube has quit message popping up out of the blue and I wasn't even using YouTube. And on and on like that. Turning off Samba hasn't really changed much. It still gets bogged down. I do notice an improvement with limiting developer options. But all things considered, this implementation of Android is horrific, and like it or not, taints my entire impression of Android as a whole. And that is a huge problem for Android.

And it's not just me ... there's over 14K posts filled with people complaining about Android related problems. Perhaps it's your experience with Android that allows you to work around many of the problems the rest of us face. Whatever the case, Android is a problem with this TV.
The crazy thing is, I haven't really done much with this TV. I used the debloat script on my 930d but not on my 900e. I've never limited background processes or anything. I just disabled samba during the initial setup and that was it. I do get an occasional reboot, maybe 3 times in 4 months...so weird.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #14350 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 882
When I first borrowed this 75" 900E, I didn't see what the big deal was with the android system as the menus and everything else seemed to be fairly fine. Since then (been a month), I have had the tv become unresponsive two times requiring the set to be hard booted and have also experienced some pretty slow response after pressing some buttons.

Quite simply, I think the Android system is pretty lousy and while it wouldn't completely prevent me from buying a Sony TV, it sure isn't a selling point and I'd prefer buying a set from a competitor if performance between the two was similar enough. The Samba spyware crap doesn't help things either as I shouldn't have to connect a tv to my computer just to delete a spyware app as from what I read, merely disabling it in the menu doesn't actually disable it and you can get that samba pop up message if hard booting.
post #14351 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
What audio setting are you using to pass sound to your home theaters? I am using ARC, and I know there are three possible settings: Auto 1, Auto 2, and PCM.

It seems like I can't get 5.1 from PCM. I have it on Auto 1 only because it's the top choice, but is that the right setting for a Yamaha receiver with all the goodies?

I know there are plenty of people here with nice home theaters so somebody must understand the differences!
post #14352 of 19189 Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
But all things considered, this implementation of Android is horrific, and like it or not, taints my entire impression of Android as a whole. And that is a huge problem for Android.
I have an Android phone and like it. But you're completely right-on about the implementation on these TVs - it is horrible. I think most all of us on this thread are tech-heads to various degrees; I can't imagine what it'd be like to own one of these TVs if you were a techno-phobe. I might not have bought this TV if I'd really paid attention to this thread. Maybe whoever needs to will get their heads out on the next major release (at Google or Sony, I guess), but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by jge1; 04-02-2018 at 09:31 PM.
post #14353 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys Windows 10 user trying to get HDR to work at 4k. I have a GTX 1080Ti running Windows 10 falls creators update build 1709. I also have my onkyo TX-616 AV Receiver use hdmi port 3 for arcing audio.

Connecting the TV to recommended hdmi 2 port puts the picture to full HD. Enabling HDR works OK.

Now if I now want to use 4k changing the resolution via windows display settings breaks the HDR option. And dpi scaling goes out of place. Where the image was in perportion isn't anymore.

I bought a new hdmi 2.0 cable and tried playing HDR games like bf1 in full HD it works but then I loose the audio. I then have to toggle audio on/off from the nvidia control panel.

I'm scratching my head now is it the hdmi cable or is Windows 10 current build broken. I know we are receiving a spring creators update this month. Should I wait. Has anyone else been able to get to work. Hope you guys can help thanks.
post #14354 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 2
When attempting to watch a 4K disc, I recently discovered I did not have the enhanced HDMI input turned on. When that is enabled, I'm not getting sound when I switch to my cable box on my Receiver (Denon AVR-X2300W). Am I going to manually have to turn it on and off every time I switch from my watching a movie on my UHD player or streaming to watching cable? Is this an issue with the TV or with the receiver?
post #14355 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am having issues with hdmi port 3 (arc port).

Intermittently I will get no signal or the snowy screen when sending hdr content through port 3. I have a my xbox x hooked up to my Denon 4300 avr then a 33ft fiber optic to the tv. %90 of the time it works fine, but when it does go bad I have spent a bit of time troubleshooting each piece of equipment. The culprit appears to be port 3.

Last time when I got the fuzzy screen/ dead signal I hooked the Xbox up directly to port 3- same issue. Plugged it into port 2- good to go. Hooked the whole works back up to port 3- no good. Hooked the whole works back to port 2- success. FYI- the other built in hdr apps worked fine, so it wasn’t inherent with the tv, just the port 3 content.

I do use ARC. The fam uses the TVs streaming apps and OTA. I know I can work around this by running another hdmi for arc specifically, but what a pain in the ass for people who aren’t me trying to run this dumb thing.

Anyone else experience issues with a port, or specially port 3 being spotty? Like I mentioned, it is intermittent. I haven’t found a way to get it to ‘snap out of it’ either. I usually just walk away and hope it’s resolved by the next day. Ideas there?

With ARC is there extra traffic running through the hdmi that causes this? Like I mentioned it’s only HDR that does this- so hdr games and the Netflix app on the Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR65X900E
Xbox X
Denon X4300H
5.1.4- Klipsch RC-62 ii, R-26F, R-15M, R-10SW, Monoprice 8" Black Back Ceiling Speakers
post #14356 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post
Hi guys Windows 10 user trying to get HDR to work at 4k. I have a GTX 1080Ti running Windows 10 falls creators update build 1709. I also have my onkyo TX-616 AV Receiver use hdmi port 3 for arcing audio.

Connecting the TV to recommended hdmi 2 port puts the picture to full HD. Enabling HDR works OK.

Now if I now want to use 4k changing the resolution via windows display settings breaks the HDR option. And dpi scaling goes out of place. Where the image was in perportion isn't anymore.

I bought a new hdmi 2.0 cable and tried playing HDR games like bf1 in full HD it works but then I loose the audio. I then have to toggle audio on/off from the nvidia control panel.

I'm scratching my head now is it the hdmi cable or is Windows 10 current build broken. I know we are receiving a spring creators update this month. Should I wait. Has anyone else been able to get to work. Hope you guys can help thanks.
The ARC and Android system is buggy there is nothing you can do about it except restart or reboot.
post #14357 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I just got a pop up for a system update i downloaded it and it rebooted then it popped up "something went wrong try again later" ?
post #14358 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NCAA championship game

New owner of 75xbr 900E here. Had it just over a week. I chose this set because it got decent ratings for sports. However, when watching the NCAA tournament I noticed that the game play shots come across very poorly. It looks more like artifacting rather than blur but it may be a combination of both. The passive shots without much action looked great. Is this an issue with the TV processing or is it more of a feed issue. I haven't noticed much on my Sony 55 that is a few years older. I think it may be a 900a or something like that (last set made before they went to 4k). Perhaps it is an issue with settings. I watch a lot of football and action movies so I want to get this dialed in or move on before it's too late.
post #14359 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
New owner of 75xbr 900E here. Had it just over a week. I chose this set because it got decent ratings for sports. However, when watching the NCAA tournament I noticed that the game play shots come across very poorly. It looks more like artifacting rather than blur but it may be a combination of both. The passive shots without much action looked great. Is this an issue with the TV processing or is it more of a feed issue. I haven't noticed much on my Sony 55 that is a few years older. I think it may be a 900a or something like that (last set made before they went to 4k). Perhaps it is an issue with settings. I watch a lot of football and action movies so I want to get this dialed in or move on before it's too late.
For starters, you're going from 55" to 75" upscaling the same 720p or 1080i signal. So the represented pixels are going to be significantly larger, to say nothing of the likely inferior signal coming over your cable or satellite -- this kind of disparity is going to be obvious in any 75" set you try to some degree or another. The larger the set, the worse the relative image. The quality of the signal will only amplify the imperfections beyond that.

That said, this TV can be greatly enhanced to handle these poor cable and satellite sources. So pick a preset and dedicate it to cable and satellite viewing, and make your dedicated adjustments.

Others who actually have cable or satellite will guide you through the settings. I have OTA antenna, and my 720p and 1080i sports broadcasts are pristine on my 65", with no problems whatsoever. I have yet to see an action movie from any source that doesn't look like I'm sitting in the room with the action. But many with cable or satellite have aknowledged this problem, especially for 65" and above sets, after upgrading from 55" or smaller sets. You're probably going to want to post details of your entire setup for any personalized info -- cable provider, set top boxes, etc.

In the interim there are spreadsheets of customer user settings, and thousands of posts dedicated to this issue by searching. Good luck.

Last edited by Mac128; 04-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.
post #14360 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I have the 75" Sony 900E and I watched the game via Comcast last night. While I didn't see any artifacting or blurring, it was a poor video broadcast, IMHO. I've had a lot of "hit and miss" with TBS via my Comcast cable connection. The games I saw throughout the tournament on CBS looked much better - at least to me. A lot cleaner with better color.

So I suspect it's more of a feed issue than your TV.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #14361 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
When attempting to watch a 4K disc, I recently discovered I did not have the enhanced HDMI input turned on. When that is enabled, I'm not getting sound when I switch to my cable box on my Receiver (Denon AVR-X2300W). Am I going to manually have to turn it on and off every time I switch from my watching a movie on my UHD player or streaming to watching cable? Is this an issue with the TV or with the receiver?
Which HDMI port are you running into the TV? Try port 2 or 3.
post #14362 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 117
For what its worth. I just received the latest update today automatically downloaded. I guess Sony pushes it in batches when it comes to updates.
post #14363 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post
Which HDMI port are you running into the TV? Try port 2 or 3.
Yes, I am using the ARC HDMI port. I'm wondering if its just because the box isn't capable of "enhanced" HDMI and therefor I need to manually change the setting anytime I watch non-cable things.
post #14364 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
When I first borrowed this 75" 900E, I didn't see what the big deal was with the android system as the menus and everything else seemed to be fairly fine. Since then (been a month), I have had the tv become unresponsive two times requiring the set to be hard booted and have also experienced some pretty slow response after pressing some buttons.

Quite simply, I think the Android system is pretty lousy and while it wouldn't completely prevent me from buying a Sony TV, it sure isn't a selling point and I'd prefer buying a set from a competitor if performance between the two was similar enough. The Samba spyware crap doesn't help things either as I shouldn't have to connect a tv to my computer just to delete a spyware app as from what I read, merely disabling it in the menu doesn't actually disable it and you can get that samba pop up message if hard booting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jge1 View Post
I have an Android phone and like it. But you're completely right-on about the implementation on these TVs - it is horrible. I think most all of us on this thread are tech-heads to various degrees; I can't imagine what it'd be like to own one of these TVs if you were a techno-phobe. I might not have bought this TV if I'd really paid attention to this thread. Maybe whoever needs to will get their heads out on the next major release (at Google or Sony, I guess), but I'm not holding my breath.
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if you've (and others) have installed some app that is causing the issues. I've literally never had a single Samba popup and I've owned the tv since November...Never. But when i initially setup the tv and was given the choice to enable Samba, I declined (you have to decline in 2 places) I've never had to hard reboot due to the remote becoming unresponsive either.

I never used the debloat script on my 900e (only on my 930d) and I've never limited background processes to 4 in developer options. I really don't have any of the issues I've read about other than the occasional UI lag and I'm talking only a second or two of lag rather than instantaneous response to pressing a button on the remote. I don't know if I am just lucky, or if you've installed some apps that are creating some conflict somewhere. I also wonder if limiting background processes actually ends up inhibiting certain functions in the end...

It would suck to do a factory reset, but you could try that and when prompted to enable Samba TV comes up, choose not to enable and then giver her a go...Not trying to be combative or defend Android (it ain't perfect...) just trying to help improve your experiences.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #14365 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Yes, I am using the ARC HDMI port. I'm wondering if its just because the box isn't capable of "enhanced" HDMI and therefor I need to manually change the setting anytime I watch non-cable things.
I had this issue with my old HD DVD player. Everything else works fine. My workaround was using optical for sound with it and leave HDMI enhanced enabled for everything else.
post #14366 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post
I had this issue with my old HD DVD player. Everything else works fine. My workaround was using optical for sound with it and leave HDMI enhanced enabled for everything else.
So, I would need to buy an optical cable and plug it into the back of the cable box? Or the receiver to TV? Might be hard, my TV is mounted and can't really access the panel anymore.
post #14367 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic dog View Post
What audio setting are you using to pass sound to your home theaters? I am using ARC, and I know there are three possible settings: Auto 1, Auto 2, and PCM.

It seems like I can't get 5.1 from PCM. I have it on Auto 1 only because it's the top choice, but is that the right setting for a Yamaha receiver with all the goodies?

I know there are plenty of people here with nice home theaters so somebody must understand the differences!
PCM is 2 channel only. Auto 1 is the correct choice.
post #14368 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
PCM is 2 channel only. Auto 1 is the correct choice.
Thank you! This makes sense. I would have sworn on my old 850C that it was set to PCM. It does seem like Dolby digital is working fine on Auto 1.

It's nice to have DD working for sure.
post #14369 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if you've (and others) have installed some app that is causing the issues.
For me, just PBS, Vimeo, and TBS, I believe. I've limited background processes to 4 and disabled Samba.

The big problem that I had with Samba may have been "my fault" for allowing it to be enabled on my initial setup.

The problem I'm having now, that TBS will not run even though I've uninstalled and re-installed it, twice, and done a soft reset, is unconscionable. I literally do not know what else to do, short of a factory reset.

So my TV is working ok now; I'm not confident it will continue to do so. Also, I must re-iterate, I am more tech-savvy than the average user (decades of work as a computer hardware engineer). And I doubt seriously that I'm alone; just the fact that each of us is participating in these forums is indicative of that.

Quote:
It would suck to do a factory reset, but you could try that ...
Instead I'm going to buy an Apple TV 4K. It's worth the $120 (NIB ones are going cheap on craigslist around here, evidently lots of people got free ones as part of some promotion, Direct TV I think). And - unless Apple has managed to screw it up since my ATV 2nd gen, entirely possible - the interface is way superior to my retired Roku and these TVs; the rewind and fast-forward buttons work EXACTLY the same way, regardless of what streaming service you're using - what a concept !
Mac128 likes this.

Last edited by jge1; 04-03-2018 at 07:06 PM.
post #14370 of 19189 Old 04-03-2018, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 130
What's the replacement for the Sony 65 inch X940 for 2018?.. . I really liked the pic on the X940 at BB but the price is too high.

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page