2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 484 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40371Likes

post #14491 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb250 View Post
New to the forums and I just got my 900e and I can’t seem to get my motion setting right I think I have tried every combination for the settings but I still get blur or judder or something lol and I can’t seem to get rid of it I dunno if my eyes are just to sensitive to it or what but every setting I have tried did not work can someone help me out and post some of your setting thanks
I have the same issue. Refuse to touch anything that would introduce SOE, so that just leaves all motion OFF, or TrueCinema (as suggested by Rtings). I've tried all kinds of sources, even changing the brightness (backlight level) since it changes to PWM below level 8 I believe, but I always ended up seeing things ranging from what I'd call micro-stutters, up through juddery flicker. Not the same as 3:2 judder.

I find that running the TV in 24p is worse than running it in 60p, even with 24p sources for some reason. I've tried contacting Sony - their only "advice" was to power down for a minute and plug into the outlet without a power bar/surge protector. Or try a factory reset. I've done both.

After 5 months, I've gotten more used to it, but it's still distracting. Not sure if I'm just more sensitive to it (this TV has been praised as having some of the smoothest motion), or if there's actually something wrong with the TV. The problem is that it's a subtle issue that not everyone sees, so it's hard to prove one way or the other without access to another TV to test.

Would love to hear from others who have seen flickery motion, and what they did about it, other than adding smoothness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14492 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post
Interesting your USB port goes off with the power. Many here have reported it stays on, or does not stay powered off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
Somebody else in this thread reported theirs also shut off/on with TV power...I've only had the MediaLight for one day, time will tell if it decides to backdoor me and not shut off with the TV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mons0160 View Post
It’ll shut off when you first turn your tv off, but it since the tv looks for updates and whatnot in ‘standby’ mode it’ll get juice then and be on randomly throughout the day/ night.
I have a medialight setup as well for my 65 and I am sure to turn it off via the remote every time.

I wonder since I have “automatic system updates“ turned off it doesn’t fire up to look for something??

It’s in a different part of the house I would only notice it if I get up during the night, I’ll try and keep an eye on that...Guess it would make a good night light!
post #14493 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaudio View Post
I have the same issue. Refuse to touch anything that would introduce SOE, so that just leaves all motion OFF, or TrueCinema (as suggested by Rtings). I've tried all kinds of sources, even changing the brightness (backlight level) since it changes to PWM below level 8 I believe, but I always ended up seeing things ranging from what I'd call micro-stutters, up through juddery flicker. Not the same as 3:2 judder.

I find that running the TV in 24p is worse than running it in 60p, even with 24p sources for some reason. I've tried contacting Sony - their only "advice" was to power down for a minute and plug into the outlet without a power bar/surge protector. Or try a factory reset. I've done both.

After 5 months, I've gotten more used to it, but it's still distracting. Not sure if I'm just more sensitive to it (this TV has been praised as having some of the smoothest motion), or if there's actually something wrong with the TV. The problem is that it's a subtle issue that not everyone sees, so it's hard to prove one way or the other without access to another TV to test.

Would love to hear from others who have seen flickery motion, and what they did about it, other than adding smoothness.
Unless our TVs are defective we must have a sensitivity to it. Like you I’ve played with motion settings too. The problem isn’t with all motion at least for me, it’s when there are panning shots. If this is what you’re referring to, then all I can suggest is that this is the problem we have with modern TVs.

The only way I’ve found around it is to use some SOE. I’d prefer not to have any SOE so I don’t use it. I’ve found that some sources (shows or movies) are worse than others. Some I don’t notice any issues with. I’m still tinkering with motion settings currently with cinemotion on high and motionflow off. I’m hoping I can get used to it over time. I’ve only had the TV for 2 weeks. It’s the 75” set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14494 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Had my TV about a week and have been playing with available online picture calibration settings. Seems every time I change between picture modes the calibration settings get wiped out to the defaults. Surely this can be avoided?

Is there a way to lock the picture settings once you adjust them? Can you save settings for different devices (have a set for TV, movies, Xbox, or whatever) and switch between them?

I tried searching, maybe I'm not searching the right way but no luck on this thread or google. But I'm getting frustrated as #[email protected]! having to keep re-entering all of the calibration settings everytime I switch to game mode or experiment with something other than the ProCinema which is the starting point for most of the available calibration settings.
post #14495 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubsr1 View Post
I'm currently working with Sony trying to get a replacement... only had this set for two weeks now.

I'm seeing some significant dse during panning shots that I find unacceptable. The last photo with the gray pluge highlights the uniformity issues with this panel. I'm not seeking perfection, but I find this subpar for a premium display. I have three other "budget" lcds in my home with perfect uniformity.
Just a quick update... so after going through the necessary hoops(there were many!) I received a replacement for my defective 900e. The service concierge I was assigned went the extra mile and upgraded me to the xbr75x900f which I received yesterday...definitely a nice gesture on his part as this wasn't something I hadn't requested. Anyways, all is well with this unit... the panel is exceptional with almost perfect uniformity across the board, very pleased. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to do some calibration and view some more 4k hdr content.

Snapped a few photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180407_154017_1523140043870.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	2386550   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180407_154315_1523140063795.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	2386552   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180407_160100_1523140088581.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	2386554  
post #14496 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I was having trouble with ARC with my XBR 55X900E connected to my Marantz SR6011, so I connected it to HDMI input 2 instead. That seems to work fine, but when I watch something using the Amazon or Youtube apps, I didn't get any sound, so I connected the TV's optical out to one of the Marantz optical inputs, but I can't get any sound from the TV apps to the Marantz.

Ideas?
post #14497 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaboon View Post
Had my TV about a week and have been playing with available online picture calibration settings. Seems every time I change between picture modes the calibration settings get wiped out to the defaults. Surely this can be avoided?

Is there a way to lock the picture settings once you adjust them? Can you save settings for different devices (have a set for TV, movies, Xbox, or whatever) and switch between them?

I tried searching, maybe I'm not searching the right way but no luck on this thread or google. But I'm getting frustrated as #[email protected]! having to keep re-entering all of the calibration settings everytime I switch to game mode or experiment with something other than the Pro Cinema which is the starting point for most of the available calibration settings.
The TV remembers whatever settings you used for every Picture Mode you set up so something wrong. Mine remembers all the settings in all the Picture Modes that i'm bouncing between, and i didn't have to lock them in or anything - the TV just automatically remembers whatever settings i left it at.

Was your TV a floor model by any chance or an open box return? Because it may be in "Retail Mode" and typically this sort of mode resets settings to store display defaults. Or you (or someone) may have inadvertently activated some Retail setting in the menus somehow.

Go into Settings, then poke around in the following categories:

Initial Setup

Retail Mode Settings

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...

Last edited by RandyWalters; 04-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.
post #14498 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbeckta View Post
Sony 65 X900E calibration settings.

Pre-calibration and Post calibration using Spectracal Calman software and X-rite i1 Display Pro.

Although your set will differ, these settings are similar to the AVS Forum calibration video on YouTube.

Definitely too much Blue in all picture modes.

SDR RGB calibration settings.

Home Cinema

Brightness 30
Contrast 90
Gamma 0
Black Level 50

Color mode: Expert 1

See attached files.

Calibration Video coming soon...
I have the same meter as you and also found the blue gray scale too high.
craigbeckta likes this.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
post #14499 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
That looks sweet, any pics with it illuminated?
My wife let me mess with the TV to take the pictures (She loves Big-Bang)...They don't really show the impact the Bias Light is doing...But ya get the idea. Also I don't know why the color looks so strange in the pics???

Light Off

Light On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Is that duct tape stuck to your tv?
The Black Leather on back of TV with a tapered angle (Duct Taped) virtually dissapears, does the job of not being able to see between the gaps on the stand, table and screen!

post #14500 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:

Given the "warped" look to front edge of the stand in the center, I'm wondering if you have something trapped underneath it. That should be fairly straight.
post #14501 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Gave up on this TV and went with Samsung QLED Q7 and my wife is very happy with picture quality .....
Happy wife, happy home...

Even though the Sony had better blacks the picture quality in all aspect was very dull..

Thanks to all who tried to help me calibrate TV maybe next time....
post #14502 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 117
How do you disable or remove the program guide app? Every time I go to close an app that sucker is running in the background.
post #14503 of 19071 Old 04-07-2018, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
Unless our TVs are defective we must have a sensitivity to it. Like you I’ve played with motion settings too. The problem isn’t with all motion at least for me, it’s when there are panning shots. If this is what you’re referring to, then all I can suggest is that this is the problem we have with modern TVs.

The only way I’ve found around it is to use some SOE. I’d prefer not to have any SOE so I don’t use it. I’ve found that some sources (shows or movies) are worse than others. Some I don’t notice any issues with. I’m still tinkering with motion settings currently with cinemotion on high and motionflow off. I’m hoping I can get used to it over time. I’ve only had the TV for 2 weeks. It’s the 75” set.
I think there is definitely something wrong with out tv’s a friend of mine has the same tv and I didn’t notice any judder or blur on his set with the same videos I watched on mine and I notice it on mine I have best buy’s Geek squad plan will be contacting them ASAP to see what they can do I also had 2 other people over one has the same tv also and he noticed it on mine so definitely something wrong
post #14504 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhkinay View Post
I was having trouble with ARC with my XBR 55X900E connected to my Marantz SR6011, so I connected it to HDMI input 2 instead. That seems to work fine, but when I watch something using the Amazon or Youtube apps, I didn't get any sound, so I connected the TV's optical out to one of the Marantz optical inputs, but I can't get any sound from the TV apps to the Marantz.

Ideas?
I tried to use optical cable from the TV to my Denon X2400H and could not get sound out. I asked here and on the Denon Owners thread and nothing. I was only trying to use optical since I already had an optical cable run from the last TV, but could not get it to work on this TV. I switched to ARC and it has been working great.
post #14505 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
Given the "warped" look to front edge of the stand in the center, I'm wondering if you have something trapped underneath it. That should be fairly straight.
I see what ya mean...It's the picture-->My lack of photography skills, it's not in focus, light reflecting on it + I'm assuming it (my hand holding iPhone) wasn't very steady...I just checked the front lip, it's the same gap all across the front about 3 credit cards thick.

Thanks for pointing it out though, sometimes it's easy to miss something and become accustomed to the flaw.
post #14506 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
I tried to use optical cable from the TV to my Denon X2400H and could not get sound out. I asked here and on the Denon Owners thread and nothing. I was only trying to use optical since I already had an optical cable run from the last TV, but could not get it to work on this TV. I switched to ARC and it has been working great.
Not sure weather you have to engage it in the menu but my optical has worked fine with both Yamaha receivers Ive had connected to the screen.

Matt
post #14507 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also-->When I power off the USB also cuts power to the Port/Bias-Light, so I don't have to use the included remote for an extra step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post
Interesting your USB port goes off with the power. Many here have reported it stays on, or does not stay powered off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mons0160 View Post
It’ll shut off when you first turn your tv off, but it since the tv looks for updates and whatnot in ‘standby’ mode it’ll get juice then and be on randomly throughout the day/ night.
I have a medialight setup as well for my 65 and I am sure to turn it off via the remote every time.
Well, I was up around 3:30 am (2-P, LOL!) as I walked back to the bedroom I noticed the light was on, it wasn't when I went 2-P. I went to the TV room and it went out as I entered the room...I waited for a few minutes but it didn't turn back on...So, Yes, something is triggering the TV's USB even though I disabled Automatic Updates.

Are the Apps updating independently from the Sony updates?...Before I start to dig (Research/Search) this thread. Do the Apps have an on/off update feature buried in the menus?
post #14508 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Not sure weather you have to engage it in the menu but my optical has worked fine with both Yamaha receivers Ive had connected to the screen.
Yeah, it's no longer an issue for me, as I am doing everything via ARC. I was just adding comment to the prior poster that I had a similar issue. I assume it was a setting in the receiver, but could not find it. I had ARC turned off, which I assume optical input wouldn't work if ARC was turned on, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get optical out from the TV to work.

Hope he figures it out so it can help someone else. It's got to be a simple setting we are missing, as Denon and Marantz are owned by the same company I believe, so I assume the software is similar.
mattg3 likes this.
post #14509 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am hoping someone can help. I have a 65 inch 900e and a LG sh7b sound bar connected through ARC. When I turn on the TV everything works great. Sound bar power on with no audio issues. After a while, the tv will switch to the internal speakers and I have to manually switch back to external. It will keep happening. Unfortunately there is no pattern to when it happens. It happens on TV viewing, apps and xbox. Any ideas?
post #14510 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
The TV remembers whatever settings you used for every Picture Mode you set up so something wrong. Mine remembers all the settings in all the Picture Modes that i'm bouncing between, and i didn't have to lock them in or anything - the TV just automatically remembers whatever settings i left it at.

Was your TV a floor model by any chance or an open box return? Because it may be in "Retail Mode" and typically this sort of mode resets settings to store display defaults. Or you (or someone) may have inadvertently activated some Retail setting in the menus somehow.

Go into Settings, then poke around in the following categories:

Initial Setup

Retail Mode Settings
Randy I hope you don't mind my interruption. I was wondering if you could tell me or provide some insight on how the PQ of your 900e compares to your Panny St60/Sony800B. I lost both my Panny Plasma's in a Burglary and ended up with the Sonys 930/900e as replacements. In the back of my mind I still wonder if I made the right decision...
post #14511 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbeckta View Post
Sony 65 X900E calibration settings.

Pre-calibration and Post calibration using Spectracal Calman software and X-rite i1 Display Pro.

Although your set will differ, these settings are similar to the AVS Forum calibration video on YouTube.

Definitely too much Blue in all picture modes.

SDR RGB calibration settings.

Home Cinema

Brightness 30

Contrast 90

Gamma 0

Black Level 50

Color mode: Expert 1

See attached files.

Calibration Video coming soon...

Did you do a 10 point as well? You must have with those results.

I have the same equipment but haven’t felt the need to do it yet on this set. It’s simply stunning with solid content. Hockey looks amazing. Perhaps I am lucky but there is no DSE on mine. Big difference from my P55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65X900E / Sony STRDN1080 / Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 Series / Vizio P55-C1 / Vizio SB4031-D5 / DirecTV Genie (non-4K) / Apple TV 4 / Apple TV 4K / Roku Premiere+
post #14512 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I think there is definitely something wrong with out tv’s a friend of mine has the same tv and I didn’t notice any judder or blur on his set with the same videos I watched on mine and I notice it on mine I have best buy’s Geek squad plan will be contacting them ASAP to see what they can do I also had 2 other people over one has the same tv also and he noticed it on mine so definitely something wrong
I don’t have anyone around with this model. If I did I’d go check theirs out to confirm same settings and source doesn’t replicate the problem. It’s possible they don’t notice because of smoothing/using SOE. Please keep me updated as to what Sony and or geek squad say. I have pretty much a full year warranty by Sony and 3 more years via squaretrade so all I’ve got to do is start complaining about it by then to get a suitable replacement or a refund.

Might just hold on to it and deal with it, then reach out to get a replacement in a few years that way I get an upgraded TV for my troubles.
post #14513 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
The picture preset doesn't matter as they can all be adjusted, they are just "slots" so you can change them all if u want.
So you're saying that when you go into "Picture Adjustments" *from either "Action Menu" or Home->Settings"), the various choices for "Picture Mode" ("Cinema Pro", "Sports", etc) are just labels for whatever settings you want to put in when you change the various other options ?

That makes sense. But another thing I've noticed ... Let's say I change my settings as described in one of the videos that you and others have linked, and used (for example) the "Cinema Pro" label. But now, when I go to a different input (than the input I had selected when I changed the settings), "Cinema Pro" has no longer got the non-default settings I selected. So the label or slot called "Cinema Pro" is only for a specific input. So you can actually have a bunch of different Picture Modes for EACH input. Crazy. Have I got this right ?
post #14514 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jge1 View Post
That's why I added a MacMini ... I can run BitPerfect on it and feed the digital stream directly via USB to my DAC. So I need to control the Mini directly, and I'm hoping this Remote Buddy thing will be a better way. If all it does is enable home-sharing from the Mini to the ATV, it's not doing anything my 2ndGen ATV couldn't do natively and I'm be disappointed.
Just got an AppleTV 4K and it does look like it can do the same thing my 2nd Gen ATV did - enable home sharing from another Mac on the same LAN - without any additional app.

And this Remote Buddy/Remote Buddy Display combo does in fact allow you to control a Mac from the Apple TV (not just home-share a library on it). But it's pretty clumsy. I think "Finder sidebar screen sharing" from my laptop is a better way to do it. It's a trade-off: in the first case you have to turn on the TV to listen to music, and in the second case you have to whip out your laptop (or iPad).
post #14515 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So you're saying that when you go into "Picture Adjustments" *from either "Action Menu" or Home->Settings"), the various choices for "Picture Mode" ("Cinema Pro", "Sports", etc) are just labels for whatever settings you want to put in when you change the various other options ?

That makes sense. But another thing I've noticed ... Let's say I change my settings as described in one of the videos that you and others have linked, and used (for example) the "Cinema Pro" label. But now, when I go to a different input (than the input I had selected when I changed the settings), "Cinema Pro" has no longer got the non-default settings I selected. So the label or slot called "Cinema Pro" is only for a specific input. So you can actually have a bunch of different Picture Modes for EACH input. Crazy. Have I got this right ?
You’ve got it. Each input has its own settings for each mode however you set it up. So first time setup can take awhile since you’d have to setup your modes for all your inputs however it allows for good customization.

Different grouping of internal apps have their own unique settings as well. I think it shows app type somewhere.
jge1 likes this.
post #14516 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Did you do a 10 point as well? You must have with those results.
I haven't tried the 10 point yet.

It seems very time consuming vs the 2 point.
post #14517 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
The picture preset doesn't matter as they can all be adjusted, they are just "slots" so you can change them all if u want.

Yes, which I think is pretty cool since you can have many different custom presets for each input and internal app
jge1 likes this.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #14518 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
I don’t have anyone around with this model. If I did I’d go check theirs out to confirm same settings and source doesn’t replicate the problem. It’s possible they don’t notice because of smoothing/using SOE. Please keep me updated as to what Sony and or geek squad say. I have pretty much a full year warranty by Sony and 3 more years via squaretrade so all I’ve got to do is start complaining about it by then to get a suitable replacement or a refund.

Might just hold on to it and deal with it, then reach out to get a replacement in a few years that way I get an upgraded TV for my troubles.
I have a appointment with geek squad to come out no Wednesday but I went into the store and talked to the manager and he said they would just swap it out for me since I’ve only had it for 2 months so he said to see what the repair tech says first then if I want to exchange it take it back to the store because even the magnolia sales guys said that’s odd for that tv
post #14519 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 646
In case you didn't know...Wrestlemania is today...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 55x930d (Retired)
post #14520 of 19071 Old 04-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have a appointment with geek squad to come out no Wednesday but I went into the store and talked to the manager and he said they would just swap it out for me since I’ve only had it for 2 months so he said to see what the repair tech says first then if I want to exchange it take it back to the store because even the magnolia sales guys said that’s odd for that tv
If what we’re seeing is normal and we’re just sensitive to it I’d hate to swap it out to get a panel with worse issues regarding uniformity and things of that nature. I think I’ve still got 2 weeks to have ABT swap mine out.

Please keep us informed on wether or not a new TV resolves the issue for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page