2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 495 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40346Likes

post #14821 of 19002 Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
For those struggling with motion, I’ve found the best for me is motion set to “Standard” and cinemotion set to low. There is the slightest tiny bit of SOE with smooth panning. Nothing will be as smooth panning as “Smooth and high” settings but this is quite good. There is zero motion bluring or disappearing footballs/pucks. You can check the motion artifacting in real time by using the edge of the menus when they are open. During fast moving scenes there is an obvious distortion along the entire edge. The Standard and Low settings eliminate that completely while giving very smooth panning. Hope this works for some others and this was my only gripe with the TV and I haven’t seen many people mention trying the Standard motion setting.
djdel002 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14822 of 19002 Old 04-19-2018, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've had my 55" for about 2 weeks and love the picture! Coming from a 10 year 52" Sony LCD the difference is a definite upgrade. My biggest complaint is and maybe I'm missing it, is a quick way to change the picture mode i.e. Game, Custom, Cinema pro, etc. It's quite a pain to have to navigate the action menu to get to this setting. My old tv had a button on the remote that cycled the picture mode. I'd prefer to run everything through my Yamaha rx-a1060 and then one hdmi from my receiver to the tv so I can't really leave a setting for each tv input.
post #14823 of 19002 Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakAHearts View Post
For those struggling with motion, I’ve found the best for me is motion set to “Standard” and cinemotion set to low. There is the slightest tiny bit of SOE with smooth panning. Nothing will be as smooth panning as “Smooth and high” settings but this is quite good. There is zero motion bluring or disappearing footballs/pucks. You can check the motion artifacting in real time by using the edge of the menus when they are open. During fast moving scenes there is an obvious distortion along the entire edge. The Standard and Low settings eliminate that completely while giving very smooth panning. Hope this works for some others and this was my only gripe with the TV and I haven’t seen many people mention trying the Standard motion setting.
Hi JakAHearts,

I agree, the Standard and low is a good option too. I have used it, for some reason I keep going back to Custom 3 which seems similar to Standard to me but my eyes could be messing with me haha.

Quote:
You can check the motion artifacting in real time by using the edge of the menus when they are open. During fast moving scenes there is an obvious distortion along the entire edge.
I 'll have to try this,
Thanks for mentioning it!

Smooth and High is definitely best for sure but your right, VERY strong SOE which can be expected.
I've noticed Smooth and low are also pretty good.

Sony 65" X900E Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu-Ray Roku Ultra, Apple TV 4K
Onkyo TX-nr656
Polk S15s, S35 and TL1 satellite rears, TL1 satellite heights Atmos 5.1.2
HSU VTF-2 MK5

Last edited by djdel002; 04-19-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14824 of 19002 Old 04-19-2018, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelp123 View Post
1. Live with judder (motion settings off)
2. Live with the "soap opera effect"

I'm using Custom picture mode, and currently, I have motionflow set to smooth and cinemotion set to high. When I turn both off, the judder is terrible for me. But the blurred motion from fast movements (people waving their hands, sports, etc).

Apologies for the long post...and thank you in advance for any feedback (I'm happy to post all of my settings if someone may have some suggestions to improve the motion)
I'm using "joshua goard's" works fairly well. I'm still trying to find settings that will allow me to just turn on the set and watch. I spend too much time trying to get it dialed in...I've never owned a piece of equipment that is so frustrating as this 900e has been, in my case!...I wouldn't mind seeing yer settings.

Quote:
joshua goard:
Try Motionflow to custom with Smoothness at 1 or 2, Clearness at Min, and Cinemotion on Low or Med. I think you'll find that more than smooth enough with 0 to almost no artifacting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdel002 View Post
Quote:
Hi All - I've had the 65" X900e for about a month now, and for the most part I'm very happy with it.

The one issue I'm having is with motion. I've read through the first and last dozen or so pages and from what I'm gathering, either:

1. Live with judder (motion settings off)
2. Live with the "soap opera effect"
Hey NeedHelp123!,

I know what you mean. The picture quality on my 65" 900e is amazing but I have had trouble dealing with motion too.

All motion off is definitely too much judder for me depending on what I'm watching. I know quite a few people prefer all motion off.
I am definitely not a big fan of SOE but I feel that I need to have a bit to get smoother motion on this set.

I actually have 3 settings setup on my tv now to help with judder and blur. I use Custom/ Cinema Pro/ Cinema Home. I believe there will always be some judder because of the way LCD tvs work.
One setting for Cable tv/Sports
One for 4K or sometimes HD movies.
One for 4K with HDR

For regular cable tv and sports I have motion set to...
Custom
Smoothness 3
Clear 0
Cinemotion low or off. Some stuff looks better on some better with it off.

Some things will look better with all motion off but I've found it really depends and I have tried all settings thousands of times on different shows/sports.
I watch a lot of hockey and other sports and sometimes it looks horrible with motion off (quality of the source matters too, Xfinity can be great sometimes and horrid others), other times it looks pretty good and turning on some motion helped and vice versa.

For Movies on AppleTV 4k and my Roku I mostly use the Cinema pro or Home.
I have motion set to...
Custom
Smoothness 2
Clear 0
Cinemotion medium or high depending on the movie.

I've tried TrueCinema quite a bit and stills has quite a bit of judder for me.

I do take into consideration all the different sources and channels looking better than others. Upscaling and the way the content was filmed etc. and I'm coming from an older Samsung 46" which didn't show
these things but now with my 65" being so much larger and more clear I think I'm noticing things way more than I would have with the smaller screen.

It's my only 4k tv so I have nothing to compare with so maybe this is common on these bigger 4k sets and I may be more sensitive to it than others.
Thank you guys for the responses! Won't say I'm happy that others are having issues but it's nice to know that this is likely not a defective set. I will try both your guys' suggestions.

I really don't want to have to tweak the settings every time I'm watching ie different cable program...that's just a gigantic pita (not to mention my wife will probably get annoyed and in turn annoy me lol).

Here are my current settings, from my hdmi input (AVR), I've copied for other inputs as well (usb, internal apps, game mode). Apologies for any abbreviations, typod, on my phone

PM: CUSTOM
Brightness 38
Contrast max
Gamma 0
Black 50
Black adj off
Adv contrast off
Local dimming high
Extended dynamic range high

Color 60
Hue 0
Temp cool
Adv color default
Love color off

Clarity
Sharpness 50
Reality creation v off
Other settings off

Motion
Flow smooth
Cinemotion high

Video
All auto

Colors, etc look phenomenal to me...but obviously YMMV.

Thanks again!

Edit: tested with cinemotion set to med and motionflow set to 2 and 3...judder was still too bad (I'm SUPER) sensitive to it...
djdel002 likes this.

Last edited by NeedHelp123; 04-19-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: update
post #14825 of 19002 Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
I don't know if it's the latest update or not but the picture on my Sony 49" and Sony 75" 900e's are spectacular.

Especially the native Amazon app and the new season of "Bosch." Even though this series is only 1080p - - the colors are fantastic. It looks better than most of the 4K/HDR Bluray discs that I rented in the past. (I've since sold my Samsung K8500 Bluray Player and use my OPPO 103 with standard Blurays when I'm not streaming).

The ARC audio on Amazon Prime is still funky - - many times I have to re-set the connection by toggling my AVR remote but eventually, it settles down. I've compared my Roku picture quality to the native apps on the Sony and there just isn't any comparison. The native apps (without the middleman) provide a much cleaner, sharper picture.

I hope those who are still working on their picture "settings" dial in to what works best for them. I'm glad that I don't have to go through that process and can just sit back and enjoy content.
I also have an annoying ARC issue (Yamaha rx v475, just bought, but have not yet hooked up, rx v683...was hoping the new avr would resolve, but looks like that's wishful thinking).

When watching Netflix, at first, ARC is fine. If I pause, restart, or what appears to be otherwise stopping sound, it's gone until I switch input then switch back. Minor pita, but is nonetheless.

I have not installed the update that came out a few weeks ago, but the last update before has been (accidentally) installed.
post #14826 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc03979 View Post
I've had my 55" for about 2 weeks and love the picture! Coming from a 10 year 52" Sony LCD the difference is a definite upgrade. My biggest complaint is and maybe I'm missing it, is a quick way to change the picture mode i.e. Game, Custom, Cinema pro, etc. It's quite a pain to have to navigate the action menu to get to this setting. My old tv had a button on the remote that cycled the picture mode. I'd prefer to run everything through my Yamaha rx-a1060 and then one hdmi from my receiver to the tv so I can't really leave a setting for each tv input.
Try Auto Picture Mode, it is designed to change the mode according to the signal. Works on HDMI3/ARC for me, I use the Auto24p sync setting.
Of course, HDMI can be a fickle mistress, so ymmv.
post #14827 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc03979 View Post
Try Auto Picture Mode, it is designed to change the mode according to the signal. Works on HDMI3/ARC for me, I use the Auto24p sync setting.
Of course, HDMI can be a fickle mistress, so ymmv.
Thanks for posting this, I may have completely missed the auto setting. I will give that a go. I agree, it is a nuisance to have to go into action, picture settings, then be able to change the picture mode. When I first set the tv up, I spent about 10 minutes screwing with the remote to see which button was the "quick picture mode change" button...I obviously was not successful lol
post #14828 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
post #14829 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Thanks for posting this, I may have completely missed the auto setting. I will give that a go. I agree, it is a nuisance to have to go into action, picture settings, then be able to change the picture mode. When I first set the tv up, I spent about 10 minutes screwing with the remote to see which button was the "quick picture mode change" button...I obviously was not successful lol
Have a look at one of my older posts about direct access to the picture mode menu. post55931482

I'm not sure if this is an option for you but that the work-around. You will need a programmable remote that allows you to load hex codes onto a button. Or you can learn the code if you can get your hands on a Sony RM-Y1104 remote. Why Sony chose not to include a picture mode button on our RMF-TX200U remote is beyond me.
Furyus likes this.

Last edited by Todd Scott; 04-20-2018 at 05:58 AM.
post #14830 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb250 View Post
is anyone's motion problems this bad?

https://youtu.be/EGlAaPTDyog
https://youtu.be/gTaoycwg-OA
Mine was worse. It was so bad no matter what I did. I complained to my retailer and they sent me a 900f of course it turned out to be defective. Yours looks much improved compared to the 75” 900e I had. Of course could be limited by me watching the video. I can’t wait until I get a non defective 900f. I can tell you that the 900f is awesome with motion and superior in every way to the 900e at least to my eyes.
post #14831 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I gave my first addition Spears calibration disk another try this morning. Using Standard mode. I now have my contrast down to 72. A lot lower than most. Color came out to 52. Will give a try. About ready to let Best Buy do it.
post #14832 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
I had motion problems similar to that before I dialed in my motionflow settings to:

Custom level 2, Clearness MIN, Cinemotion HIGH

Just a touch of SOE. But the result is a much soother picture.
post #14833 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
Mine was worse. It was so bad no matter what I did. I complained to my retailer and they sent me a 900f of course it turned out to be defective. Yours looks much improved compared to the 75” 900e I had. Of course could be limited by me watching the video. I can’t wait until I get a non defective 900f. I can tell you that the 900f is awesome with motion and superior in every way to the 900e at least to my eyes.
Ya i looked back at the videos its alot worse in person. I have been dealing with sony for over 2 weeks now and they still havent got back to me. So i just ended up dealing with geek squad, the tech that came out to look at the tv even said that is not normal. So they are replacing the main board on tuesday, if that doesnt fix it it’ll be replaced
post #14834 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Scott View Post
Have a look at one of my older posts about direct access to the picture mode menu. post55931482

I'm not sure if this is an option for you but that the work-around. You will need a programmable remote that allows you to load hex codes onto a button. Or you can learn the code if you can get your hands on a Sony RM-Y1104 remote. Why Sony chose not to include a picture mode button on our RMF-TX200U remote is beyond me.
I tested this out on my Harmony remote and it worked great, so I called Harmony to have them add this command to my TV commands. Thanks!
Todd Scott likes this.
post #14835 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

My tv is clear as a bell Custom 3, clear min, cinemotion high.
post #14836 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
Sony hasn't included a quick Picture Mode or Picture Settings button on their remotes for several years now. I had an older European Sony TV that a friend brought back from Germany that had a Scene Select button on the remote (toggled through the picture modes) but that command doesn't seem to exist on US models.

I posted this a few weeks ago in this thread but if you or anyone else is using a programmable universal remote, there are older generic Sony commands that do bring up the Picture Adjustments menu on the right half of the screen directly, without the annoyance of going through the Action Menu or Home Screen.

On my URC CCP remotes for instance, i found a "Picture Mode" command in the Sony Generic IR Codes section (Device # 70) that brings up the Picture Settings menu directly. This same command exists in the IR Database for various older model Sony TVs as well, but not on the models going back 4-5 years that i could find. I told a friend about this old command and he found the same code on his Harmony remote for his 2016 Sony UHD TV that does the exact same thing. It wouldn't have killed Sony to include such a button on their remote.

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...

Last edited by RandyWalters; 04-20-2018 at 02:23 PM.
post #14837 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Please keep posts focused on tech talk and not the individual. You can disagree with ppl without getting personal. Posts deleted.
post #14838 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Thanks for these suggestions. I have played with Standard mode, but the thing that really makes it work is the combination with cinemotion to Low. I don't think I ever tried this combo. Motion is great now
post #14839 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Scott View Post

I have been meaning to test this on my Harmony 650. Was able to get it working by adding the older Sony TV with that picture mode setting as a device. You then have to add the second TV into your activity (just don't have it do anything, if you don't add it in the activity you won't see the TV as an option in the Sequences area). I then went into sequences for the activity and you can select the older Sony TV with picture mode option. This cut down on my sequences by a good 9 seconds or so. Before it would take forever to navigate through the action menu and change picture modes.

Thanks for the info on this.
Todd Scott likes this.
post #14840 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Not quite...what are your settings for Motion? Generally, panning is very smooth; it's more fast motion that is my issue causing blur.
post #14841 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
I don't know if it's the latest update or not but the picture on my Sony 49" and Sony 75" 900e's are spectacular.

I hope those who are still working on their picture "settings" dial in to what works best for them. I'm glad that I don't have to go through that process and can just sit back and enjoy content.
So I updated the firmware on my 65" 900E last night for the first time since December and my red's are different, they are a noticeable shade towards pink now. What's odd is that I have my picture settings on 'lock' so the kids don't mess things up.

Did Sony do something to color/temperature in their updates between now and December that might have caused this? I can correct it in settings and get the reds back where they belong, but just wondering if this happened to anyone else and why.
post #14842 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
So I updated the firmware on my 65" 900E last night for the first time since December and my red's are different, they are a noticeable shade towards pink now. What's odd is that I have my picture settings on 'lock' so the kids don't mess things up.

Did Sony do something to color/temperature in their updates between now and December that might have caused this? I can correct it in settings and get the reds back where they belong, but just wondering if this happened to anyone else and why.
What settings did you use to get rid of the overly saturated Red/Pink?
post #14843 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
[...] Especially the native Amazon app and the new season of "Bosch." Even though this series is only 1080p - - the colors are fantastic. [...]
Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but "Bosch" is actually available in 4K HDR if you are interested. You just have to find it in the "UtlraHD Original Series" section (if I recall correctly).

It's quite silly that Amazon treats their 4K offerings as totally separate items. If you select a title, you should be given the opportunity to watch it in whatever (supported) resolution you choose.
Ricoflashback likes this.

----

Cheers,
... Fred Scheifele
post #14844 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
What settings did you use to get rid of the overly saturated Red/Pink?
I haven't yet, but usually on my other Sony's I'd just play with the Hue to get it right. Sony is known for its red's being off kilter, it's not a big deal to fix them. But what's odd is why with locked settings and very good red's this last firmware update has them askew.
HuskerHarley likes this.
post #14845 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I've had my 65 x900e since November and I'm still struggling to "fall in love" with it. My biggest issue is still gaming. The motion blur when using my xbox one x is maddening. What's most frustrating is watching videos of games. I see how they should look, then they're not nearly as smooth when playing them. 60fps titles like cod ww2 or battlefront 2 run smooth, but the blur when panning the camera quickly smears everything. Playing 30fps games throws off a flicker when panning at all but the slowest speeds.

I come from a long time gaming and watching TV on a very good plasma. It's a shame that 4k killed it, because it's just a better tech hands down. I suppose oled is the new plasma, but it's way too pricy right now.

I don't hate my tv, but I bought it to improve my gaming experience. Feels like a step back. I think those who are thrilled with the picture have been using led or LCD for a long time. Could be wrong, but motion that's "good for an led" still isn't the best.
post #14846 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheif View Post
Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but "Bosch" is actually available in 4K HDR if you are interested. You just have to find it in the "UtlraHD Original Series" section (if I recall correctly).

It's quite silly that Amazon treats their 4K offerings as totally separate items. If you select a title, you should be given the opportunity to watch it in whatever (supported) resolution you choose.
Not off topic at all and good catch. I thought this series was in 4K but it defaulted to 1080P when I selected it from the "top." I see it now in the Amazon Prime 4K UltraHD section. Dumb me. Oh well, at least I can watch from Episode 5 to the end in 4K/HDR! Much thanks.

You're right - - why it wouldn't default to the highest resolution of your TV is a mystery to me but that's Amazon for you.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #14847 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post

This is a question I have asked "Calibrators" for the longest time and I still haven't gotten an answer. It's also applicable to everyone elses settings.

Namely - if you have a firmware "update," how does that affect your current settings? Especially if you've have them "calibrated." Does the firmware update undo your calibration? If not, how does the calibrator "lock down" the calibrated settings and does that mean that you're no longer able to get updates?

It's like the old cars of the past (sorry, this dates me). When cars had carburetors, you could tune them yourself. Once everything went electronic, including the computer aided systems in cars, you were left in the dark, so to speak.

More relevant to your question - - are your settings "Custom?" I didn't see much of a difference on my two Sony 900E's with the latest firmware update but I use the "Standard" setting and maybe that doesn't affect it as much?
boltjames likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #14848 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but before I try this I want to make sure I'm experiencing what you are offering as a solution:

My issue is green grass on live cable TV sports. A pro takes a drive off a tee, I'm seeing green grass smear while the ball is in flight and rolling instead of sharp blades. A batter slaps a ground ball to the shortstop who picks it up and gets the putout at first, and as the camera moves to follow the ball from point to point I'm seeing green grass smear/pixelation the whole time.

Is my issue related to "motion" or something else? I suspect it is, because when the camera isn't moving things look amazing, but who knows, perhaps it's something different. Been looking for a solution to this problem since the day I got this TV, I really need a solution.
post #14849 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Not quite...what are your settings for Motion? Generally, panning is very smooth; it's more fast motion that is my issue causing blur.
I haven it set to true cinema and sine motion to high, I even tried custom and every other setting and it doesn’t help at all
post #14850 of 19002 Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreder75 View Post
I've had my 65 x900e since November and I'm still struggling to "fall in love" with it. My biggest issue is still gaming. The motion blur when using my xbox one x is maddening. What's most frustrating is watching videos of games. I see how they should look, then they're not nearly as smooth when playing them. 60fps titles like cod ww2 or battlefront 2 run smooth, but the blur when panning the camera quickly smears everything. Playing 30fps games throws off a flicker when panning at all but the slowest speeds.

I come from a long time gaming and watching TV on a very good plasma. It's a shame that 4k killed it, because it's just a better tech hands down. I suppose oled is the new plasma, but it's way too pricy right now.

I don't hate my tv, but I bought it to improve my gaming experience. Feels like a step back. I think those who are thrilled with the picture have been using led or LCD for a long time. Could be wrong, but motion that's "good for an led" still isn't the best.
What picture mode are you using and what are your settings? I literally just had a PS4 delivered today...other wise, I"ve tested Wii/Wii U/played through a game on PS3 since I've had the tv, and I cannot say that I've had any motion issues while gaming (and I just done god of war ascension, which is 720p native). I'm switching to Game mode, and I've copied my settings (with the exception of motion, of course) from above to that "profile". Colors look just a bit darker, but no motion issues that I was able to notice...and I'm very sensitive to that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page