2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 586 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40400Likes

post #17551 of 19314 Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Anyone else having issues with the HBO Now app? Sometimes, it works fine. But others, the video freezes on the first frame. So far, this only happens in the evenings, though that may just be a coincidence.

PS: The problem occurs on both the internal app and if I try to cast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17552 of 19314 Old 09-29-2018, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gmouth View Post
Anyone else having issues with the HBO Now app? Sometimes, it works fine. But others, the video freezes on the first frame. So far, this only happens in the evenings, though that may just be a coincidence.

PS: The problem occurs on both the internal app and if I try to cast.
I haven't tried HBO Now but HBO Go won't pass DD5.1 via optical to my Yamaha RX-A2040. Netflix, VUDU, etc work fine. I have been considering trying ARC but it requires a semi-tear down of my entertainment unit and still might not work. Also, I've read many issues with Bravia sync randomly powering avr's on.
I reported this to HBO and they were very responsive...at first. Then they rode off into the sunset.
From your post I'm assuming your using wifi. I suggest hardwiring to your network. I've seen similar issues with a friend's setup. Other than that, it sounds like bandwidth issues.

Last edited by Rocko1; 09-29-2018 at 12:28 PM.
post #17553 of 19314 Old 09-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
I haven't tried HBO Now but HBO Go won't pass DD5.1 via optical to my Yamaha RX-A2040. Netflix, VUDU, etc work fine. I have been considering trying ARC but it requires a semi-tear down of my entertainment unit and still might not work. Also, I've read many issues with Bravia sync randomly powering avr's on.
I reported this to HBO and they were very responsive...at first. Then they rode off into the sunset.
From your post I'm assuming your using wifi. I suggest hardwiring to your network. I've seen similar issues with a friend's setup. Other than that, it sounds like bandwidth issues.
I've had the HBO Go app not passing DD5.1 sound via optical with both my 900E and 930E so I'm betting it's an app problem. I tried using ARC but it messed lots of switching up and the last thing I need is a complaint from my wife about not getting this or that to work. However, when I used ARC I got 5.1 DD both out of the HDMI and out of the optical. Go figure.
Rocko1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17554 of 19314 Old 09-29-2018, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Yo josh I hear you’re leaving. If you go I’ll cry man..
post #17555 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
I am surprised you didn't use ARC to begin with to be honest as ARC is vastly superior to optical. That's one hell of a receiver you got there.
steve1971 likes this.
post #17556 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I can confirm 100% that enabling a/v synch gets rid of the frame skipping/tearing issue when watching sports! The only drawback I see (which is a major one) is this option introduces severe input lag (only an issue of you are gaming, of course).

I searched in the menu for the update options, but could not locate that menu. However, I have not had the avr power on issue since posting. Will try Google to see if I can find the option and will report back.
post #17557 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic dog View Post
I am surprised you didn't use ARC to begin with to be honest as ARC is vastly superior to optical. That's one hell of a receiver you got there.
Thanks atomic dog. I still could connect using ARC, I just don't know if it would be worth while. My viewing area is only setup for 5.1 as I also have 2 separate zones for the bedroom and patio.
Would there be a difference in optical vs ARC ?
post #17558 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks atomic dog. I still could connect using ARC, I just don't know if it would be worth while. My viewing area is only setup for 5.1 as I also have 2 separate zones for the bedroom and patio.
Would there be a difference in optical vs ARC ?
I'll quote what I said a few pages ago from an article I found somewhere: The types of digital audio signals that can be transferred by a digital optical connection include two-channel stereo PCM, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, and DTS ES.

It is important to note that digital audio signals, such as 5.1/7.1 multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and Auro 3D Audio cannot be transferred via Digital Optical connections - These formats require HDMI connections.

When the digital optical connection was developed, it was made to comply with the digital audio standards at the time (mainly 2-channel CD playback), which did not include 5.1/7.1 channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, or DTS:X. In other words, digital optical cables do not have the bandwidth capacity to handle some of the newer home theater surround sound formats.

So what does this mean to you/me/anybody? Basically much higher bandwidth = less compression = higher audio quality. The fact that DD plus and TrueHD are high bandwidth discrete and even lossless makes it the ideal choice. After all using optical means only 2 channels are sent and trickery is done to decompress to multichannel 5.1. This does not mean everything will sound better, but those videos that offer the higher quality audio should in theory (and with your $$$ setup it should).

I know there are people that will argue that I have no clue what I am talking about, and that's fine, but with some google searching my claims will be proven right by a multitude of articles and reviews. This short article from years ago discusses the advantages of ARC in a simple way: https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-vs-op...ection-to-use/

As an aside, if you run a 5.1 setup and want more punch, consider using 2 subs and stack them on top of each other. The rumble can be thunderous and immersion increased. I accidentally stumbled on a passing comment on a polk audio forum about stacking subs and what an amazing difference it made for my theater experience.
steve1971 and Rocko1 like this.
post #17559 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I'll quote what I said a few pages ago from an article I found somewhere: The types of digital audio signals that can be transferred by a digital optical connection include two-channel stereo PCM, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, and DTS ES.

It is important to note that digital audio signals, such as 5.1/7.1 multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and Auro 3D Audio cannot be transferred via Digital Optical connections - These formats require HDMI connections.

When the digital optical connection was developed, it was made to comply with the digital audio standards at the time (mainly 2-channel CD playback), which did not include 5.1/7.1 channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, or DTS:X. In other words, digital optical cables do not have the bandwidth capacity to handle some of the newer home theater surround sound formats.

So what does this mean to you/me/anybody? Basically much higher bandwidth = less compression = higher audio quality. The fact that DD plus and TrueHD are high bandwidth discrete and even lossless makes it the ideal choice. After all using optical means only 2 channels are sent and trickery is done to decompress to multichannel 5.1. This does not mean everything will sound better, but those videos that offer the higher quality audio should in theory (and with your $$$ setup it should).

I know there are people that will argue that I have no clue what I am talking about, and that's fine, but with some google searching my claims will be proven right by a multitude of articles and reviews. This short article from years ago discusses the advantages of ARC in a simple way: https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-vs-op...ection-to-use/

As an aside, if you run a 5.1 setup and want more punch, consider using 2 subs and stack them on top of each other. The rumble can be thunderous and immersion increased. I accidentally stumbled on a passing comment on a polk audio forum about stacking subs and what an amazing difference it made for my theater experience.
You get the high bandwidth on straight HDMI connections not ARC. HDMI-ARC was created a parallel SPDIF connection between TV and AVR just for audio.
The Cnet article you cite is not discussing ARC but digital (HDMI vs SPDIF) connections between a source like a BD player and and AVR/processor.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/arc.aspx

https://www.lifewire.com/audio-return-channel-1846845

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-ar...ews-26262.html

The optical output of the TV would be the same as the ARC output.
I WANT MORE, Madmax67 and Rocko1 like this.
post #17560 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 12:24 PM

Thanks again atomic dog and sailor08. I think I may give ARC a shot anyway. According to the Sony manual specs the only difference is hdmi would pass DD+. While there might not be much difference, I am sporting some decent speakers also. Def Tech BP30s in the front. So if there is any improvement, hopefully I'll notice it.
I already have the necessary cables, it's just a matter of swapping connections after pulling out my entertainment center (which is a PIA).
Of course, then there is the deciphering of the 180pg Yamaha owners manual to implement it. Geezz !

Sony 65xbr900e, Sony UBP-X800, Pioneer DV-563A, Audio-technica AT-LP120USB,
Sony CDP-CX455, Teac AD-800,Yamaha Rx-A2040,
FL/FR Definitive Technology BP30's, center Def Tech Procenter 2000,
SR/SL Def Tech BP2X's, sub JBL PSW1200.
Bedroom pair of JBL L26's that still rock.
post #17561 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 144
This problem with ARC causing the Audio to frequently switch back to TV Speakers instead of Audio System is annoying enough that I'm now shopping for a dedicated streaming device, probably a Roku of some sort.

Sony XBR-55X900E || Sony UBP-X800 | Sony PS4 Pro | Sony PS3 | Roku Premiere 2018
Sony SCD-555ES || Marantz SR6012 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 || Paradigm Studio 80, 20, CC v2 | Polk OWM3 | PSA XS30
post #17562 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentatYP View Post
This problem with ARC causing the Audio to frequently switch back to TV Speakers instead of Audio System is annoying enough that I'm now shopping for a dedicated streaming device, probably a Roku of some sort.

I gave up yonks ago and don’t use any TV apps at all, even after using optical a few times, I just thought what’s the point ?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sony XBR65X900E, Oppo UDP-203 Universal Player
Front L&R - Polk TSx550t, Centre - Polk CSiA6 all in Cherry
Surrounds & Rears - Mission 77DS & Mission 780s
Subwoofer - Polk PSW125 in Cherry
Receiver - Marantz SR6012
post #17563 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor08 View Post
You get the high bandwidth on straight HDMI connections not ARC. HDMI-ARC was created a parallel SPDIF connection between TV and AVR just for audio.
The Cnet article you cite is not discussing ARC but digital (HDMI vs SPDIF) connections between a source like a BD player and and AVR/processor.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/arc.aspx

https://www.lifewire.com/audio-return-channel-1846845

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-ar...ews-26262.html

The optical output of the TV would be the same as the ARC output.
Wait. You are really arguing that ARC is equal to optical??? You must be kidding me. I just don't know why there are people that insist that optical is equal...

It is established that ARC supports true 5.1 and 7.1 discrete channels (lossless even) where optical cannot, and will never support it due to bandwidth limitations.

This is what I was talking about. Some people just won't believe optical is not the best format, no matter what proof you provide, or what information supports it. I just don't understand why people cannot accept it. But what do I know. I am just a guy that does video and audio work for a living. I'm sure I am full of crap.
steve1971 likes this.

Last edited by atomic dog; 09-30-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling
post #17564 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2316 Post(s)
Liked: 2608
Quote:
Wait. You are really arguing that ARC is equal to optical??? You must be kidding me. I just don't know why there are people that insist that optical is equal...

It is established that ARC supports true 5.1 and 7.1 discrete channels (lossless even) where optical cannot, and will never support it due to bandwidth limitations.

This is what I was talking about. Some people just won't believe optical is not the best format, no matter what proof you provide, or what information supports it. I just don't understand why people cannot accept it. But what do I know. I am just a guy that does video and audio work for a living. I'm sure I am full of crap.
ARC does not support lossless codecs. Thats eARC where both the source and sink device require it's compatibiliity.
Spoiler!

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-30-2018 at 05:31 PM.
post #17565 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Hey guys. I have recently noticed a pretty bright spot on my screen that wasn't there when I purchased it. It is only noticeable during dark scenes. Should I contact the warranty? It does bother me when I see it. Why could have cause this to happen?

65" Sony X900E, Denon X2300, SVS Prime LCR, Polk TSI100 surround, 2X 18" RSS460HO sealed 3.5ft3, Inuke 6KDSP, minidsp 2x4 revA
post #17566 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My TV just updated and now I'm just getting a flashing screen. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
post #17567 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder View Post

Oh boy thats scary. If holding power on the remote doesn't do anything you'll have to bite the bullet and try pressing and holding power button on the TV. If that fails pull the plug to shut down and restart. Hopefully it boots normally. That's my biggest fear when updating...
post #17568 of 19314 Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Have you run any Android debloating scripts using ADB? If so that's more than likely your huckleberry and a factory reset is in your future.
DougDingle likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #17569 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Sounds like you have ran the ADB debloat script at some point. That flickering is usually the launcher. If you can use the input or action menu buttons and bring up the normal menus then its the launcher.

You dont have to factory reset to recover from the debloat script flashing screen issue, although that is the easiest for most people. If you know the IP address of the TV, or can get it from your router:

Use the original debloat script download folder, connect to tv with the ConnectTV.bat, and use the below as Clean.bat (copy and paste) and run it.

adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil/InteractiveTvUtil.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil_PpBridge/InteractiveTvUtil_PpBridge.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil_Output/InteractiveTvUtil_Output.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvPlatform/InteractiveTvPlatform.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SSM/SSM.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/RVUClient/RVUClient.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SonySelect/SonySelect.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SonyShelf/SonyShelf.apk
adb reboot
post #17570 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks guys. Yes, I did run the debloat script before. I ended up doing a factory reset to get it functioning again.

post #17571 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Sound is via ARC, not optical, and the connection is ethernet, not wifi. Tellingly, it works fine if I stream via Roku, which actually uses wifi. Perhaps most maddening, other apps on the TV itself seem to stream fine during these interruptions. I streamed 4K via the internal Netflix app after the most recent freeze, so I suspect it's not a bandwidth problem.

That said, I have noticed streams like Youtube TV are much smoother on Roku than the internal TV app. I don't know if the TV is throttling ethernet bandwidth or if the processor is just too weak, but I think I'll be investing in one of the new Roku 4K players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelp123 View Post
I can confirm 100% that enabling a/v synch gets rid of the frame skipping/tearing issue when watching sports! The only drawback I see (which is a major one) is this option introduces severe input lag (only an issue of you are gaming, of course).
Glad it worked As I say, it's a known problem. If you do a search, you'll find many posts here and elsewhere on the subject. It's disappointing Sony still hasn't fixed it with a firmware update.
Rocko1 likes this.
post #17572 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs View Post
Sounds like you have ran the ADB debloat script at some point. That flickering is usually the launcher. If you can use the input or action menu buttons and bring up the normal menus then its the launcher.

You dont have to factory reset to recover from the debloat script flashing screen issue, although that is the easiest for most people. If you know the IP address of the TV, or can get it from your router:

Use the original debloat script download folder, connect to tv with the ConnectTV.bat, and use the below as Clean.bat (copy and paste) and run it.

adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil/InteractiveTvUtil.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil_PpBridge/InteractiveTvUtil_PpBridge.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvUtil_Output/InteractiveTvUtil_Output.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/InteractiveTvPlatform/InteractiveTvPlatform.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SSM/SSM.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/RVUClient/RVUClient.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SonySelect/SonySelect.apk
adb shell pm install -r --user 0 /system/app/SonyShelf/SonyShelf.apk
adb reboot
Wow you know your stuff. I did not know that this is a side affect of debloating. This makes fixing it seem easy -without resetting which is huge.
post #17573 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Wow you know your stuff. I did not know that this is a side affect of debloating. This makes fixing it seem easy -without resetting which is huge.
I think you actually may only need

Code:
The others might not be necessary. The problem is the blinking screen only happens when doing a firmware up, so we would have to reenable each one at a time to see which one. Since I have only taken two firmware updates I have only had two chances and the family always wants the TV back and doesn't give me time to isolate. LOL. Anyway the most recent time I swear the screen came back after those two above, no reboot even necessary. It would make sense to run the script BEFORE doing the update, of course then we don't know if the persons TV was going to be flashing after the update or we preempted it. I didn't set the fix before updating this time because I wanted to see which apps we needed to reinstall and then ended up to short on time to do what I wanted. In fact I dont really hang out at AVS, more of an Android XDA forum guy, but I popped over here to try and help anyone getting the flashing screen.

Either way I am just sharing that a factory reset and all the entailed setup again can be avoided, after the update you can run the debloat again with no ill effects and get the performance benefit again. I do run a custom version of the debloat though because I dont like all the stuff it turns off turned off. For example turning off BLE and Wifi Direct kills the ability to screen mirror. I have moved away from using the TV as my player so it's less important. Wish they would have added Gigabit to the TV, I just cant play my 4K blurays rips from my server smoothly, so I use an Nvidia shield now. Real shame, the TV was so close to perfect with Android TV, you could "almost" get by without an external streaming box

EDIT: Here I'll just attach what I use. Debloat, and screen fix scripts. Attached as SonyTVaicjofs.zip

The stuff with the :: in front are things I leave on from the original script.

Code:
echo on

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.play.games
::adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.music
::adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.sonyshelf
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.sonyselect
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.bravialifehack
::adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.netflixmanager
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.networkrecommendation
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.watchtvrecommendation
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.irbrecommendation
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.woprecommendation
::adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.networkapp.wifidirect
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.recommendationservice
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.snei.video.hhvu
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 tv.samba.ssm
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.interactivetvutil.ppbridge
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.interactivetvutil
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.interactivetvutil.output
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.interactivetvplatform
::adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.bleadvertiseservice
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.b2b.hotellanguage
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.b2b.hotelmenu
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sony.dtv.photosharingplus
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.gameloft.android.HEP.GloftANHP

timeout 10 > nul
Attached Files
File Type: zip SonyTVaicjofs.zip (677.6 KB, 13 views)
wavytoo likes this.

Last edited by aicjofs; 10-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
post #17574 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Screen locked on screen saver

After update I came home today and found the tv on and it's locked on the screen saver showing google photos.
Won't go home or turn off. Any ideas? Thanks.
post #17575 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I set Bravia Sync to turn the TV on with other connected devices but for some reason when I turn on my receiver the TV does not turn on.

Under connected devices after I press enable, it shows AppleTV (which says connected under the audio device column) and also Audio Device as one the other connected device.

Anything I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT Room: Anthem AVM60 (replaced Marantz AV7005 & Parasound Halo C2), Parasound Halo A51 & A23, Monitor Audio GR60, GR Centre, GR10, GSFX, SVS SB-4000, Sony 75X900e, PS4

Family Room: Yamaha RX-A2060, PSB Imagine T2, Imagine Centre, Imagine B, Oppo Digital BDP-80, Samsung QN65Q7CN
post #17576 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipad View Post
After update I came home today and found the tv on and it's locked on the screen saver showing google photos.
Won't go home or turn off. Any ideas? Thanks.
Hold the power button down until the TV cycles.

post #17577 of 19314 Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
[QUOTE=B1gmouth;56890778]
Quote:

Quote:
Glad it worked[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] As I say, it's a known problem. If you do a search, you'll find many posts here and elsewhere on the subject. It's disappointing Sony still hasn't fixed it with a firmware update.
Thanks again 👊
post #17578 of 19314 Old 10-02-2018, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 28
[quote=NeedHelp123;56893818]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gmouth View Post

Thanks again 👊
Quote:

I searched in the menu for the update options, but could not locate that menu. However, I have not had the avr power on issue since posting. Will try Google to see if I can find the option and will report back.

This frame skipping / tearing or whatever the hell it is issue is really starting to piss me off.

None of the suggested fixes work for me (A/V sync is on, I've tried GAME mode) and I even disconnected the HDMI cable from the TV and went from the cable box to the A/V receiver then from there to the TV (HDMI 3 - ARC) and although the condition appeared to be less frequent, it was still there.

It only affects live sporting broadcasts but that is all I watch through a cable box, albeit infrequently.

The Audio sync issue is also non existent when I go from cable box to A/V instead of direct to TV so obviously there is a glitch with the set, so Goddam fix it!

I've called Sony and got the bs "change out the cable box....." but considering that this is a pretty widespread issue that's not the cause.

What can I do? Any warranty claim means that the set is gone for repairs and I have nothing.

I love the set, but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth, particularly since it doesn't even appear to be addressed.

Kev
post #17579 of 19314 Old 10-02-2018, 10:08 AM

[quote=OK KO;56896238]
Quote:

This frame skipping / tearing or whatever the hell it is issue is really starting to piss me off.

None of the suggested fixes work for me (A/V sync is on, I've tried GAME mode) and I even disconnected the HDMI cable from the TV and went from the cable box to the A/V receiver then from there to the TV (HDMI 3 - ARC) and although the condition appeared to be less frequent, it was still there.

It only affects live sporting broadcasts but that is all I watch through a cable box, albeit infrequently.

The Audio sync issue is also non existent when I go from cable box to A/V instead of direct to TV so obviously there is a glitch with the set, so Goddam fix it!

Kev
Man that's a bummer. Your description makes me wonder if your problem is different from what we're discussing. Turning on AV/sync or switching to GAME mode should resolve it. How you route the cable box should make no difference. To clarify, are you experiencing stuttering/frame repeats specifically when the camera shots change? It looks like this in slow motion:

ETA: Here's another slo-mo video of the problem we're describing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nzOqDEZSecw

Last edited by B1gmouth; 10-02-2018 at 10:14 AM.
post #17580 of 19314 Old 10-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 28
[quote=B1gmouth;56896330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK KO View Post
Man that's a bummer. Your description makes me wonder if your problem is different from what we're discussing. Turning on AV/sync or switching to GAME mode should resolve it. How you route the cable box should make no difference. To clarify, are you experiencing stuttering/frame repeats specifically when the camera shots change? It looks like this in slow motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVc3jIW5CCE

ETA: Here's another slo-mo video of the problem we're describing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nzOqDEZSecw
I've never checked it at slo-mo speed but everything else fits: only on sporting events, appears after a camera change. At regular speed, it almost looks like a blur when this happens.

I should try to capture a video to show...

Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page