2017 Sony XBR 900E owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 631 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40381Likes

post #18901 of 19187 Old 06-18-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Try cutting down on the Tequila or Bourbon while watching. And remember - - psychedelics are never a good idea when watching TV.

On a happier note, during the Winter Olympics when I had a little too much to drink and was watching the ladies "Solo" competition - - it looked like twins in the "Pairs" skating. I've never seen such precision in a performance. Every move was done the exact same by each of the twins. 10.0 was my score. Zero deductions.
LOL...I only eat Boulder Bars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18902 of 19187 Old 06-18-2019, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 374
I previously posted about my set randomly rebooting and seemingly correcting it by manually powering the set off after a restart. Well, it happened again and I am now suspicious of the 4k fire stick being at the root of the issue and wonder what folks here might think.

I have the device plugged into HDMI1. Since this device seems to want to always have HDR enabled, I'm wondering if that's ultimately the issue because if being in port 1 instead of where

I've also noticed that my audio drops out when watching content via Plex unless I'm transcoding. Direct play will have random drops in audio that are not urgent in the same spot if I rewind and don't happen at all when transcoding. If I use the Plex app in the TV, I don't seem to run into this.

What does everyone think? The fire stick to blame? The Plex app on the fire stick? Combination of the two? The fire stick was purchased in February, so it's a recent version.

The TV has NOT been updated to Oreo.
post #18903 of 19187 Old 06-18-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollypoint View Post
Earlier this week I posted on the sony x800m2 owners thread a query on why I didn’t see a big difference in UHD from my brand new 800m2 versus HD blueray from my oppo 105. I posted the same query on the Sony 900e owners thread.

I learned that the titles I was comparing weren’t very good exemplars (https://www.blu-ray.com/4k/). I also learned, from responses and from reviewing this same site, that there are not that many titles that show an appreciable difference in PQ from HD blueray to UHD blueray. This surprised me.

I decided to try Planet Earth 2 and the first Disney reboot of Star Wars as they appeared to be better UHD examples. I watched Planet Earth 2 with the 800m2 on the 900e. The 800m2 goes directly to input 2 on the 900e, and, yes, that is a certified hdmi 2.0 cable and the TV confirms both 4k input and HDR. It is a jaw dropping video, the PQ is just amazing. Highly recommend.

I also bought the regular HD blueray. This was played on an Oppo 105 with hdmi directly to TV input 4 with the same settings. (Obviously when hdr is detected on input 2 that changes brightness, etc. so they are not exact in playback). Again the PQ was just stunning. But when scenes were compared back and forth to the 800m2 there were noticeable differences; the sand under the lions paw was crisper, more textile, and the colors in the city scenes were more vibrant on the 800m2. These differences were noticeable, and better, but not huge.

On the Star Wars videos, I saw even less of a difference (there was some) but I thought the scenes that were primarily CG looked more CGish with the UHD HDR version than in HD. I could easily watch both, though.

Based on this unscientific limited 4 disc comparison, I plan to return this very nice UHD player because, basically, the PQ on the 900e is so good on plain HD sources. No knock on the 800m2, I like its build and how it performed, but I’ll revisit this when the UHD source material is more consistent and mature.

YMMV. Thanks for your responses, I learned a lot.
***I have both the Sony 900E and Sony 900F. I sh$t canned (sold on Craigslist) my UHD Player a long time ago after watching five or six "UHD" discs that I rented from 3D Bluray Rental. I was extremely disappointed with the UHD picture and quite frankly didn't see a marginal difference between a standard Bluray disc and many UHD offerings. A total waste of time, IMHO. For those of you who do see and enjoy UHD discs - - great, keep the party going. For me - - I'm extremely happy with the 900E and 900F upscaling and especially with streaming content from Netflix & Amazon Prime. I doubt I'll own another Bluray Player in my lifetime as I really believe streaming will provide me the picture and convenience I'm looking for.
HuskerHarley likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18904 of 19187 Old 06-19-2019, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
***I have both the Sony 900E and Sony 900F. I sh$t canned (sold on Craigslist) my UHD Player a long time ago after watching five or six "UHD" discs that I rented from 3D Bluray Rental. I was extremely disappointed with the UHD picture and quite frankly didn't see a marginal difference between a standard Bluray disc and many UHD offerings. A total waste of time, IMHO. For those of you who do see and enjoy UHD discs - - great, keep the party going. For me - - I'm extremely happy with the 900E and 900F upscaling and especially with streaming content from Netflix & Amazon Prime. I doubt I'll own another Bluray Player in my lifetime as I really believe streaming will provide me the picture and convenience I'm looking for.

You forgot to say how big your TVs are and how close you were sitting from them. I would say you're right about the marginal difference on a 40" screen sitting 10' from it, but on a 65" screen sitting 8' away I bet you'd see more difference. I do enjoy UHD on titles like The Martian where the higher res. is part of the movie, but I don't have the $ to spend on internet bandwidth that's required for 4K streaming, so disks it is. It also bothers me to think I couldn't use my media collection if I lost connection to the internet. I feel the same way about Dolby Atmos for AVRs as you do about UHD. Too much cost and pain for sound that already sounds great with 5.1 and DTS or DD. (I think DTS sounds better than DD)
post #18905 of 19187 Old 06-19-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfid View Post
You forgot to say how big your TVs are and how close you were sitting from them. I would say you're right about the marginal difference on a 40" screen sitting 10' from it, but on a 65" screen sitting 8' away I bet you'd see more difference. I do enjoy UHD on titles like The Martian where the higher res. is part of the movie, but I don't have the $ to spend on internet bandwidth that's required for 4K streaming, so disks it is. It also bothers me to think I couldn't use my media collection if I lost connection to the internet. I feel the same way about Dolby Atmos for AVRs as you do about UHD. Too much cost and pain for sound that already sounds great with 5.1 and DTS or DD. (I think DTS sounds better than DD)

***I think it's more personal preference - - UHD vs. 4K or 1080P streaming. Quite frankly, a 1080P (stream) or 1080i "less compressed OTA signal" looks fantastic on my Sony 900E & Sony 900F. I have a 75" Sony 900F about ten feet away with a full Dolby Atmos 11.1.4 with "Front Wides." I notice way more difference in the sound quality - even with a DD+ (compressed) Dolby Atmos track than I ever have with PQ & a UHD Bluray Disc versus streaming or OTA. Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy as far as I'm concerned.

Home Theater Setup
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
post #18906 of 19187 Old 06-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
***I think it's more personal preference - - UHD vs. 4K or 1080P streaming. Quite frankly, a 1080P (stream) or 1080i "less compressed OTA signal" looks fantastic on my Sony 900E & Sony 900F. I have a 75" Sony 900F about ten feet away with a full Dolby Atmos 11.1.4 with "Front Wides." I notice way more difference in the sound quality - even with a DD+ (compressed) Dolby Atmos track than I ever have with PQ & a UHD Bluray Disc versus streaming or OTA. Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy as far as I'm concerned.

I have a 65" 900E. Yes, I love the PQ of 1080i OTA on the 900E. To tell you the truth, I've never heard anything other than 5.1 DD or DTS because I don't know anyone with Atmos equipment. It's not really about floating my boat, or what makes me happy, because I just don't have the money for 4K streaming bandwidth or Atmos equipment. The no price talk qualifier here is odd because 'bang for your buck' is a big part of AVS technology and how it's used. I could go totally broke and still watch movies on a disk player.
post #18907 of 19187 Old 06-19-2019, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
I have a 65" 900E. Yes, I love the PQ of 1080i OTA on the 900E. To tell you the truth, I've never heard anything other than 5.1 DD or DTS because I don't know anyone with Atmos equipment. It's not really about floating my boat, or what makes me happy, because I just don't have the money for 4K streaming bandwidth or Atmos equipment. The no price talk qualifier here is odd because 'bang for your buck' is a big part of AVS technology and how it's used. I could go totally broke and still watch movies on a disk player.
you aren’t missing much with the streaming. I tried it all and laughed. The compression, specifically audio, is a joke. Give me a disc any day. I still rent 1080p discs from Netflix and rent 4k discs from 3D blu ray rental. “Stream” and “apps” are all the rage with the younger crowd. All that could die tonight, of a horrible death, and I wouldn’t miss it. Streaming will be something to me when it’s the same quality as a disc. Until then I laugh at it, and the apps.
MentatYP likes this.
post #18908 of 19187 Old 06-19-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDeVito View Post
you aren’t missing much with the streaming. I tried it all and laughed. The compression, specifically audio, is a joke. Give me a disc any day. I still rent 1080p discs from Netflix and rent 4k discs from 3D blu ray rental. “Stream” and “apps” are all the rage with the younger crowd. All that could die tonight, of a horrible death, and I wouldn’t miss it. Streaming will be something to me when it’s the same quality as a disc. Until then I laugh at it, and the apps.

It is unlikely that streaming will ever have the same compression rate as disks do. Streaming has to fit into narrower pipes.

Netflix streams to me at around 12-18 Mbits/s on UHD content. UHD disks are (the last time I checked) around 35-50 Mbits/s depending on how much other trash is on the disk (the very special director's commentary version, the behind the scenes footage, the comedy out takes, the endless promos, previews, and product placement trash, etc.).

But the optimized codec used by Netflix is much better than I expected. It looks (and sounds) really very good watching from about 8 feet away on a 65" OLED (with 7.2.4 audio) or the same distance on a 49" 900E (with 5.1.2 audio). This is using an Amazon Fire box with a hardwired network connection to 100/10 cable Internet.

As an aside, most content is shot RAW, with a tiny amount of compression, at a data rate of 3 Gbits/s, so no matter how you watch it, aside from sitting in the post production suite before it's mastered, it is compressed to death.

If you haven't seen streaming content in a while, it might be worth another look. Or not. I'm not selling anything here, just posting another viewpoint.
Ricoflashback likes this.
post #18909 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Q

Quote:
It's funny that one of your references is a 65" at 8' as that's pretty much what I'm working with in one instance.

I had the 4K service level for Netflix and dropped it to the HD level when they announced their last price hike. I see zero difference in PQ.

I have UHD discs and the Sony UHD player. I have yet to see an appreciable difference in PQ between a HD BluRay and a UHD BluRay. When the content is mastered in high quality, BOTH sources look excellent and not appreciably different.

My experience is exactly the same on my 940D (75") at about 10-11'. In fact, I was actually really surprised at how amazingly great my -RIP- of my Avatar from HD BluRay looked through the newer 4K sets compared to my prior, MUCH smaller, HD sets. The overall PQ on the newer Sony sets combined with the upscaling engine's performance makes any well-mastered content look fantastic.
post #18910 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
It is unlikely that streaming will ever have the same compression rate as disks do. Streaming has to fit into narrower pipes.

Netflix streams to me at around 12-18 Mbits/s on UHD content. UHD disks are (the last time I checked) around 35-50 Mbits/s depending on how much other trash is on the disk (the very special director's commentary version, the behind the scenes footage, the comedy out takes, the endless promos, previews, and product placement trash, etc.).

But the optimized codec used by Netflix is much better than I expected. It looks (and sounds) really very good watching from about 8 feet away on a 65" OLED (with 7.2.4 audio) or the same distance on a 49" 900E (with 5.1.2 audio). This is using an Amazon Fire box with a hardwired network connection to 100/10 cable Internet.

As an aside, most content is shot RAW, with a tiny amount of compression, at a data rate of 3 Gbits/s, so no matter how you watch it, aside from sitting in the post production suite before it's mastered, it is compressed to death.

If you haven't seen streaming content in a while, it might be worth another look. Or not. I'm not selling anything here, just posting another viewpoint.

Oh I have. I just went through trials with Netflix and Amazon Prime video a few months ago. It was all compressed to hell. The audio compression is what really got on my nerves. And on Netflix, streaming films, I was amazed at how far behind the streaming versions were to disc. It comes out on Blu Ray then it takes up to a year for it to be available to stream. I can wait but that is a ridiculous time frame. And again, the audio was horrible. Streaming just does not hold a candle to Blu Ray or UHD discs. And being in Telcom for my career, the bandwidth caps and endless fine print in service contracts for residential internet use is going to be a bigger thing over the coming years concerning data caps. The carriers, the MSO's, are all trying to squeeze the turnip. I deal with them on the commercial side every work day of the year and install dsl (fiber or copper delivered) and cable modems on a regular basis (much cheaper than putting in circuits) for internal customers so very well versed on bandwidth from residential, to 10 Gig circuits to SONET/UVN. Netflix I tried films, I tried 4k content, all of it, and was very unimpressed. Canceled it, upped my discs at a time service and signed up for 3d blu ray rental as they have a solid 4k catalog. We even have a local movie trading co. who rents 4k discs the old school Blockbuster type way. Until the quality of streaming services matches a Blu Ray or UHD disc I just have no interest. And I have gig fiber to my residence.
post #18911 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

***Just the opposite experience from poster TommyDeVito. I didn't see a "Tinker's Dam" worth of a difference between Bluray or UHD discs versus quality streaming and less compressed "OTA" content as upscaled by my Sony 900E & Sony 900F. And that was with many UHD "3D Bluray Rental" discs.

Dolby Atmos? Discernible difference with a full Atmos Bluray or UHD disc. But not enough to change my ways from streaming to renting Bluray movies again. If it's an absolute "must see" movie, I'll visit my local theater. Never going back - - too much of a PITA, IMHO.

Home Theater Setup
post #18912 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Sony X900E Total usage Hours

Hi,, Would anyone know if the hours posted below could of been accumilated by having the tv on standby mode and not actually being have had
the diplay itself turned on? The owner of the tv claims that he has used the tv for not much more than 4 hours per month in his 1 year
of ownership,, and he's claiming that he purchased the tv brand new.... I suspsect he may of purchased it as a open box display,, what do you think???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X900E.SERVICEMENU.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	2582368  

Panasonic GT50 55"

SONY X900E 75"
post #18913 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Hi,, Would anyone know if the hours posted below could of been accumilated by having the tv on standby mode and not actually being have had
the diplay itself turned on? The owner of the tv claims that he has used the tv for not much more than 4 hours per month in his 1 year
of ownership,, and he's claiming that he purchased the tv brand new.... I suspsect he may of purchased it as a open box display,, what do you think???
How do you get to the service menu?

In general, I've never seen a TV that accumulates hours just by being plugged into power. Hours have always been "screen lit up" time. If it clocked time 24 hours a day for 365 days, it would have 8,760 hours for the year.
Tony1 likes this.
post #18914 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
That's 259 DAYS worth of being on. That equates to being on for more than 16 hours every single day of the year. Hmm. Sounds like it was not only an open box, but a display model.

It would be absolutely impossible to amass that many hours in one year's time without actively watching the TV all of the time. My TV gets 1-2 hours of use per day most days and has racked up 1400 hours in almost 18 months.
Tony1 likes this.
post #18915 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=sony+android+tv+service+menu

DougDingle likes this.
post #18916 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
That was hilarious.
post #18917 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That was hilarious.
Glad you understood the snarky sarcasm that was intended

The only thing I don't think most sites will tell you is that the TV will continue to pull up the service menu every time you turn it on after you enable it. To get rid of it, hard boot the TV (just hold the remote's power button until it restarts).
post #18918 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still no software update here in TN...feeling a lack of love.
post #18919 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Not here in KY, either.

PSN BradCompany
post #18920 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
It's funny that one of your references is a 65" at 8' as that's pretty much what I'm working with in one instance.

I had the 4K service level for Netflix and dropped it to the HD level when they announced their last price hike. I see zero difference in PQ.

I have UHD discs and the Sony UHD player. I have yet to see an appreciable difference in PQ between a HD BluRay and a UHD BluRay. When the content is mastered in high quality, BOTH sources look excellent and not appreciably different.

My experience is exactly the same on my 940D (75") at about 10-11'. In fact, I was actually really surprised at how amazingly great my -RIP- of my Avatar from HD BluRay looked through the newer 4K sets compared to my prior, MUCH smaller, HD sets. The overall PQ on the newer Sony sets combined with the upscaling engine's performance makes any well-mastered content look fantastic.

Yeah, my brother says the same thing about 4k video not living up to the hype (what new tech ever does?), but I like to justify my purchase of new tech by at least trying to see a difference. You can thank good upscaling tech for that good looking 1080P source on a 4k TV. It's like the 24fps on a 60hz screen issue - I've never seen a problem or a need for frame rate matching on the 900E due to it's great display tech. I once returned a new 1080 TV because SD (480p) looked awful on it. Also you can't buy a new 1080 TV or a non smart TV (a good one anyway) so you're stuck with the tech even if you don't use it.
post #18921 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
I still have no update. I don't get it.
post #18922 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

In general, I've never seen a TV that accumulates hours just by being plugged into power. Hours have always been "screen lit up" time. If it clocked time 24 hours a day for 365 days, it would have 8,760 hours for the year.
Not sure, I wasn't the one that checked it..

Quote:
That's 259 DAYS worth of being on. That equates to being on for more than 16 hours every single day of the year. Hmm. Sounds like it was not only an open box, but a display model.

It would be absolutely impossible to amass that many hours in one year's time without actively watching the TV all of the time. My TV gets 1-2 hours of use per day most days and has racked up 1400 hours in almost 18 months.
I agree , had to previously of been a dispaly model.. thanks!

Panasonic GT50 55"

SONY X900E 75"
post #18923 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I still have no update. I don't get it.
***Can you manually check for the update and see if that triggers a download? Agree with you and everyone else about the weird rollout of these "updates."

Home Theater Setup
post #18924 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
***Can you manually check for the update and see if that triggers a download? Agree with you and everyone else about the weird rollout of these "updates."
That's what I do, I check manually. I don't have auto updates on.
post #18925 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's what I do, I check manually. I don't have auto updates on.
You realize you've spent more time talking about not getting the update than what it would take you to download it to a USB drive right from Sony, right?
post #18926 of 19187 Old 06-20-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You realize you've spent more time talking about not getting the update than what it would take you to download it to a USB drive right from Sony, right?
I'm not doing it that way. I just find it very odd that I haven't gotten it yet.
bradman likes this.
post #18927 of 19187 Old 06-21-2019, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I'm not doing it that way. I just find it very odd that I haven't gotten it yet.
I had the option to download updates turned off for several months (due to all the complaints being posted here). I don't use any of the TV's apps, so the improvements there were of no interest to me. (I have an Apple TV for when I need to run an app.)

About a month ago, when the complaints here seemed to be dying down, I turned automatic download back on. About every three days I run the "check" feature...no update. It says my TV is up to date...but it's not.

I don't want to pull the TV off of the wall mount to use an USB stick. So I'll just wait...

BTW, my understanding of the process is that if automatic download is on...the TV will at some point download the update...and then at that point there's no way to back out...the only option is to install the update. Am I correct?
post #18928 of 19187 Old 06-21-2019, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
When watching a sporting event such as Baseball or especially Golf. When the ball is flying through the air at a fast speed I see two ghost balls one leading the path/direction of the actual ball and one trailing it, both are very close to the actual ball. I've fiddled with settings but can't seem to find one that corrects this.

Anyone else experienced this problem and figured out a solution?

I'm asking again because of how fast this thread moves, a post can get missed or overlooked...I watch a lot of baseball, the 3 balls while airborne is driving me crazy!
post #18929 of 19187 Old 06-21-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
I had the option to download updates turned off for several months (due to all the complaints being posted here). I don't use any of the TV's apps, so the improvements there were of no interest to me. (I have an Apple TV for when I need to run an app.)

About a month ago, when the complaints here seemed to be dying down, I turned automatic download back on. About every three days I run the "check" feature...no update. It says my TV is up to date...but it's not.

I don't want to pull the TV off of the wall mount to use an USB stick. So I'll just wait...

BTW, my understanding of the process is that if automatic download is on...the TV will at some point download the update...and then at that point there's no way to back out...the only option is to install the update. Am I correct?
Once the update is installed, you can't go back. Depending on where the TV is in its process, you might be able to interrupt the download or disable updates and delete the download before it gets installed. Either way, I have auto updates disabled for pretty much everything I own. If nothing else, I want to be able to decide WHEN that update happens.

There are USB ports along the side on back - are you sure you would have to remove the TV from the wall? I know that some fixed mounts do have the TV fairly flush and it might be difficult to get in there.

For me, the USB method is the preferred update method because I'm able to download the firmware and validate its integrity before kicking off the update process itself (which I also control the timing of by doing it this way). My TV's are also plugged into power-filtering UPS devices to ensure no issues with power spikes, sags, or losses can hurt it if it's mid-update when a power problem occurs.
post #18930 of 19187 Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 501
I havent been in this thread for a while, but thought id check in and see if anyone is running different picture calibrations. I have had my 65 900E for a while now and used the Rtings calibration found here.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings

I tried searching the thread but didn't come up with much. I watch a mix of blu-ray and 4k along with a fair amount of streamimg Netflix and Prime.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 - Center - Horizon w/RAAL Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR. Vinyl:Rega Planar 3
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
issues , motion , motionflow , problems , Sony , sound delay , x900e

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page