LG super uhd hdr 65uh7700 best value for under $1500 including tax? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 89
LG super uhd hdr 65uh7700 best value for under $1500 including tax?

I've been looking for a new tv for the last month. And my max budget including tax is $1500 and not a penny more my wife says. I really wanted the vizio 65in P series, but that's out of my budget by at least $100. I came across the LG 65uh770" for around $1300 at Best Buy. Picture looks great, has all the bells and whistles that I want and need. Reviews are all good. But is there something better then the LG 65uh7700 but still be under $1500 including tax? I've been going back and forth between stores. And it's time I just commit to a tv. But, at the same time I just don't want to settle on just a tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Considering we are right at the release of new TVs, look for a better sale as the LG has horrible blacks and low brightness. This is an example at Wallie World, but still about $100 over your budget. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-U...-x-2K/50213183

In your case, try to spend a bit more for a big quality jump if needed or wait for cheaper Chinese 2017 sets with quantum dot and FALD options.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The KS8000 is under $1500 at Costco during their next coupon cycle, I believe. I'm considering one myself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I guess I'm getting a little antsy as my Theater room is without a tv. Now I have to resort to watching what my wife watches. But I'll wait to check out the ks8000 or even hold out as best as I can for Memorial Day.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
You never mentioned your usages and lighting conditions and your max desired screen size if you have one. A lot of people today still only watch primarily cable and satellite broadcasts at what they claim is 1080p. This will be the case for quite a while past 2018 in the US as American providers are being cheap with possibly HDR available before 4K. Keep in mind, depending on signal source, some brands, like Sony with it's X1 processor can make a bad image look better than a better rated TV while people who mostly stream and play direct 4K HDR content would be going heavier for performance specs. Even within lower end models, cheaper brands and within the same manufacturer you'll find TVs that on paper look like a step down but can in reality produce a better image from comcast or look better in a sunlit room or be viewable by family members sitting far off angle. There are multiple factors to decide the best value within any price range and it is not the same for every person.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post
I've been looking for a new tv for the last month. And my max budget including tax is $1500 and not a penny more my wife says. I really wanted the vizio 65in P series, but that's out of my budget by at least $100. I came across the LG 65uh770" for around $1300 at Best Buy. Picture looks great, has all the bells and whistles that I want and need. Reviews are all good. But is there something better then the LG 65uh7700 but still be under $1500 including tax? I've been going back and forth between stores. And it's time I just commit to a tv. But, at the same time I just don't want to settle on just a tv.
The KS8000 would be a better TV. Based on what someone in a retail channel told me, the Samsung KS8000 65 inch will be $1,499.99 starting next Thursday (could happen tomorrow.) All authorize dealers should have it at that price if the person is right.

Fry's sell them with no sales tax (an amount close to the tax is excluded from initial price to equate a finally price that would be the same as if no sales tax were charged - i.e. Fry's pays the tax for you.) So if you have a Fry's nearby, and the price does hit that level, you could do that. (note, you need to subscribe to Netflix email newsletter to get a promotion code allowing for no sales tax - or the salesperson should be able to give you one at point of sale.) If no Fry's, you could buy from a Samsung online dealer like B&H or Crutchfield - they following Samsung's pricing. They usually include free shipping and do not charge sales tax in most states. Just make sure it is an authorized dealer, so you have no warranty problems - both of those are.

Last edited by checker9; 03-18-2017 at 02:19 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoth2000 View Post
You never mentioned your usages and lighting conditions and your max desired screen size if you have one. A lot of people today still only watch primarily cable and satellite broadcasts at what they claim is 1080p. This will be the case for quite a while past 2018 in the US as American providers are being cheap with possibly HDR available before 4K. Keep in mind, depending on signal source, some brands, like Sony with it's X1 processor can make a bad image look better than a better rated TV while people who mostly stream and play direct 4K HDR content would be going heavier for performance specs. Even within lower end models, cheaper brands and within the same manufacturer you'll find TVs that on paper look like a step down but can in reality produce a better image from comcast or look better in a sunlit room or be viewable by family members sitting far off angle. There are multiple factors to decide the best value within any price range and it is not the same for every person.
I watch tv in the dark mostly. I have my windows blocked from light coming in. Tv size is either 65in or 70in being the max. And I wanted to just stick to a non 4K led lcd. But it seems that all are 4K now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page