*OFFICIAL* 2017 Sony XBR-X940E - Owner's ONLY Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 304 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8638Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9091 of 9329 Old 06-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Does anyone know if the X940e has a high % of its panels arriving with DSE? I am not speaking of the darkened corners,, I know almost
all sony leds have that, but I meant as far as whats the chances of it arrving with more severe uniformity issues? I have read that it is
an issue with the 940e I just don;t like how likely it is?
To add to this, are brightened corners normal? I see a lot of talk of darkened corners but are brightened corners normal..because I have that issue.
jbalder19 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9092 of 9329 Old 06-25-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,506
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Does anyone know if the X940e has a high % of its panels arriving with DSE? I am not speaking of the darkened corners,, I know almost
all sony leds have that, but I meant as far as whats the chances of it arrving with more severe uniformity issues? I have read that it is
an issue with the 940e I just don;t like how likely it is?
The x940e does NOT have a high percentage of panels with DSE! Don't know where your getting your info but it's not true. There is hardly a mention of DSE (if you know what that means) in this thread..
Gerry

Sony XBR 75X940E - Sony STR-DH790 ATMOS - Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player - ATV 4K
ggw2000 is offline  
post #9093 of 9329 Old 06-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
The x940e does NOT have a high percentage of panels with DSE! Don't know where your getting your info but it's not true. There is hardly a mention of DSE (if you know what that means) in this thread..
Gerry
It probably would of been better if you read my question more carefully, but I never stated that it had a high rate of panels having DSE, I merely asked
if anyone have heard of it having a high rate.. No, i don't know what DSE means,, i've only been lurking on this AV forum for 10+ years,,
I have read a few customer reviews that complain of DSE on 940e's and i personally know someone that has it on theirs, and there was someone else selling theirs
on craiglist that clearly listed it as having that issue. That's where I got my info from..

Panasonic GT50 55"

SONY X900E 75"
Tony1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9094 of 9329 Old 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
It probably would of been better if you read my question more carefully, but I never stated that it had a high rate of panels having DSE, I merely asked
if anyone have heard of it having a high rate.. No, i don't know what DSE means,, i've only been lurking on this AV forum for 10+ years,,
I have read a few customer reviews that complain of DSE on 940e's and i personally know someone that has it on theirs, and there was someone else selling theirs
on craiglist that clearly listed it as having that issue. That's where I got my info from..
While no set is perfect, I have not read about people complaining about DSE with this set. I have read about panel lotteries with other sets. I think a bigger concern is being able to find this set at this stage. I’d just make sure I could return a faulty set.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is offline  
post #9095 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
TrendSetterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
It probably would of been better if you read my question more carefully, but I never stated that it had a high rate of panels having DSE, I merely asked

if anyone have heard of it having a high rate.. No, i don't know what DSE means,, i've only been lurking on this AV forum for 10+ years,,

I have read a few customer reviews that complain of DSE on 940e's and i personally know someone that has it on theirs, and there was someone else selling theirs

on craiglist that clearly listed it as having that issue. That's where I got my info from..
And these people were probably seeing all that DSE on menu screens and not content. Show me 5 people who can see DSE on content and I’ll send you a popsicle.

Theater: Sony 75x940E | Yamaha 3060 | DirecTv HR54 | ATV4K | MP 4K HDBaseT Extender | SVS PC2000 sub | 5.1 surround
Networking: ASUS RT-AC68U (wireless disabled) | Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh Wireless with wired back-hauls
Automation & Lighting: Control4 & Lutron Homeworks Interactive
TrendSetterX is offline  
post #9096 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I fully agree w/ @TrendSetterX ! I have 'slight' DSE when menus and such are displayed, but barely enough to bother me, and only if I start looking for them with high intensity. However, when playing any video content, the images are simply stunning without a trace of DSE!

My thoroughly unsolicited advice: folks need to stop looking for issues - there is no system, or any individual component without any inherent faults. Just enjoy them as is...and live on!

Now...who likes their popsicles mushed up?
Tony1 likes this.
no_cure is offline  
post #9097 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PSBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
It probably would of been better if you read my question more carefully, but I never stated that it had a high rate of panels having DSE, I merely asked
if anyone have heard of it having a high rate.. No, i don't know what DSE means,, i've only been lurking on this AV forum for 10+ years,,
I have read a few customer reviews that complain of DSE on 940e's and i personally know someone that has it on theirs, and there was someone else selling theirs
on craiglist that clearly listed it as having that issue. That's where I got my info from..

Since you have been on here for 10 plus years.....please understand this is an Owners thread only.

Sony 75XBR940E
ATV4K
Sony UBP-X700
Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar
PSBMAN is offline  
post #9098 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
Since you have been on here for 10 plus years.....please understand this is an Owners thread only.
Since you are also a 10+ year member, please understand that this is for owners and/or people planning to purchase one,, I fall into the
2nd category.. Please no more comments from the peanut gallery...
p3trol_h3ad likes this.

Panasonic GT50 55"

SONY X900E 75"
Tony1 is offline  
post #9099 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PSBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Since you are also a 10+ year member, please understand that this is for owners and/or people planning to purchase one,, I fall into the
2nd category.. Please no more comments from the peanut gallery...
NO it isn't

"[MODERATOR NOTE: At the request of X940E owners, this is now an owners-only thread. If you do not own this set or a related Sony model, please respect the wishes of other owners and do not post here until you DO own the set.]

Come back after you buy it.

Sony 75XBR940E
ATV4K
Sony UBP-X700
Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar
PSBMAN is offline  
post #9100 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 192
dropzone7 is offline  
post #9101 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
I fully agree w/ @TrendSetterX ! I have 'slight' DSE when menus and such are displayed, but barely enough to bother me, and only if I start looking for them with high intensity. However, when playing any video content, the images are simply stunning without a trace of DSE!

My thoroughly unsolicited advice: folks need to stop looking for issues - there is no system, or any individual component without any inherent faults. Just enjoy them as is...and live on!

Now...who likes their popsicles mushed up?
Totally agree with you on people often looking for faults. I belong to several threads and it happens on all of them. Sometimes I wonder if people actually take time to just sit down and enjoy their equipment.
I’ll take a Philadephia Italian Water ice. Strawberry lemonade.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is offline  
post #9102 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
How is this for fully supporting and believing in this TV??

After happily owning my 940E since last year, I just bought another one for my folks only a few hours ago (don’t you just love Amazon???.whew, my index finger hurts). Yep, same year, make and model...the almighty XBR75X940E, and despite the newly released Sony 950F or some Sammy Q80R models, which are highly recommended by RTings and other pros.

So next time anyone else comes to this sub-forum and doubts the validity of this TV, please refer them to this post once and for all.

I spoke with my wallet. Twice.
no_cure is offline  
post #9103 of 9329 Old 06-26-2019, 11:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
antennahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
NO it isn't

"[MODERATOR NOTE: At the request of X940E owners, this is now an owners-only thread. If you do not own this set or a related Sony model, please respect the wishes of other owners and do not post here until you DO own the set.]

Come back after you buy it.
Personally, as an owner, that attitude stinks. People who want our opinions as owners should be allowed to contribute to the conversation, as long as the discussion remains civil and pertinent. The ONLY reason that rule is in place is because a former owner ran roughshod over this thread at one point thinking this was his private playground. You don't speak for me when you attempt to stifle discussion.

Equipment: Sony XBR-X940E, Marantz AV-7702, Wyred4sound mAMPS , Oppo 103
antennahead is offline  
post #9104 of 9329 Old 06-27-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PSBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Personally, as an owner, that attitude stinks. People who want our opinions as owners should be allowed to contribute to the conversation, as long as the discussion remains civil and pertinent. The ONLY reason that rule is in place is because a former owner ran roughshod over this thread at one point thinking this was his private playground. You don't speak for me when you attempt to stifle discussion.
I don't speak for you. The Mods have already done that. You don't like it......feel free to PM them and voice your displeasure.
chunon likes this.

Sony 75XBR940E
ATV4K
Sony UBP-X700
Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar
PSBMAN is offline  
post #9105 of 9329 Old 06-27-2019, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
antennahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
I don't speak for you. The Mods have already done that. You don't like it......feel free to PM them and voice your displeasure.
I've already done that, and surprise surprise, the ones I talked too agreed with me ........ but you guys can have your censorship.
MCaugusto and Tony1 like this.

Equipment: Sony XBR-X940E, Marantz AV-7702, Wyred4sound mAMPS , Oppo 103
antennahead is offline  
post #9106 of 9329 Old 06-27-2019, 07:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Plainfield NJ
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Slow pixel response will produce more visual issues than DSE will with this set. Watch putting on the golf green, if the ball moves fast enough, you will see a ghosting of one ball in front of the other. Vertical picket fencing is also noticeable in certain scenes when the camera pans sideways. These issues far outweigh any dirty screen effects, from my point of view. Still this set has more dynamic range from black to white than most any sets made today, and that is still what keeps me satisfied with the overall performance. On the new product front, Hi Sense has successfully married to LCD panels together so that the front panel is the color panel and the rear panel is monochrome. The result is pixel level dimming zones. Due in October. I was hoping someone would do this ever since I saw that demo of the master back light drive 2 years ago for the Z9D. This makes so much more sense.
antennahead and Tony1 like this.
[email protected] is offline  
post #9107 of 9329 Old 06-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Glad I waited a few more days. Still at $1,798 so I pulled the trigger. Hopefully I don’t get a lemon.
RichardPryor is offline  
post #9108 of 9329 Old 06-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Did I make a mistake? Are there better 75” TV’s out there for the price or close to that price?

Zero gaming. Movies 100%
RichardPryor is offline  
post #9109 of 9329 Old 06-30-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,440
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3051 Post(s)
Liked: 3737
^you made the right choice.
Tony1 likes this.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #9110 of 9329 Old 06-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardPryor View Post
Did I make a mistake? Are there better 75” TV’️s out there for the price or close to that price?

Zero gaming. Movies 100%
See post # 9102
Tony1 likes this.
no_cure is offline  
post #9111 of 9329 Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Wall Mounting the X940E

I took advantage of the same deal that "Richard P" did, and have mine coming in this Tuesday AM..

As for wall mounting,, does anyone know how many inches does Sony wall mount bump the X940e away from the wall?

I was planning to just use this ultraslim wall mount that I bought from monoprice.com, that only bumps the tv out 0.75" from the wall..

I am not sure if the $200+ sony one that was designed for the X940/X930E would improve much on this? (as far as being able to bring
the tv more flush to the wall.. ?? (I do not need the tv to tilt)

Panasonic GT50 55"

SONY X900E 75"
Tony1 is offline  
post #9112 of 9329 Old 07-02-2019, 05:33 AM
Member
 
milesdavisii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Looks like there is a new firmware update for those with WiFi issues:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00016213
chanc likes this.

Sony XBR-75X940E | Sony PS4 Pro
Oppo UDP-203 | Apple TV 4K
Klipsch HD Wireless 5.2
Google Fiber
milesdavisii is offline  
post #9113 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 12:48 AM
Senior Member
 
R8ders2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesdavisii View Post
Looks like there is a new firmware update for those with WiFi issues:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00016213
Don't forget to reset your HDMI Enhanced setting.
chanc and irishluck73 like this.

Sony XBR-75X940E
Onkyo TX-NR777
DIRECTV HS17 + C61K
Oppo UDP-203
TV 4K
R8ders2K is offline  
post #9114 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
SightSeeker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 63
This TV was a beast at 6K, a steal at 3K, and a unicorn at 2K. Anyone complaining about golf balls is looking for issues and wont be happy with any TV or probably any product whether it be a TV or a lawnmower, I would probably be correct in assuming. Some people are super picky. If you aren't one of those people, you will love this TV. If you are, just keep looking for "the one".

I game on this set 50/50 games movies and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by SightSeeker1; 07-03-2019 at 09:46 AM.
SightSeeker1 is offline  
post #9115 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SightSeeker1 View Post
This TV was a beast at 6K, a steal at 3K, and a unicorn at 2K. Anyone complaining about golf balls is looking for issues and wont be happy with any TV or probably any product weather it be a TV or a lawnmower, I would probably be correct in assuming. Some people are super picky. If you aren't one of those people, you will love this TV. If you are, just keep looking for "the one".

I game on this set 50/50 games movies and couldn't be happier.
Amen mate!

Sure, newer TVs can handle HDMI 2.1, eARC, faster processors along with a slew of new features. At the end of the day, a TV panel has a simple dedicated purpose: display 'moving pictures' as good as possible. And the 940E simply EXCELS at doing that even with today's competition. For audio and such, I do have other peripheral devices that have purposed existence in my HT setup.

You want the best streaming device? Get an ATV4k or NVIDIA Shield

You want the best HT sound during a movie? Hook up a dedicated speaker/amp system.

You want one of the best teles made? Look at the 940E.

That's why I bought 2 of these cheeky sets...they are that cracking good mates!

Last edited by no_cure; 07-03-2019 at 09:41 AM.
no_cure is offline  
post #9116 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesdavisii View Post
Looks like there is a new firmware update for those with WiFi issues:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00016213
Interesting...thanks for the heads up! I had my 940E wireless-ly connected to my network, but since I don't use any of its internal streaming apps, I didn't know that it 'just' lost Wifi connection. Just a few days ago, I kept trying to reconnect it, entered the right pswd numerous times, the 940e just refused to connect.

Wonder if this FW will fix my issue or I may be having some internal IT gremlins to chase down
no_cure is offline  
post #9117 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Have been looking for a TV for a long time. Had settled on getting the XB75X940E through Video and Audio Center, sold by Amazon.

Unfortunately, the box arrived very beat up on the truck at my place in Ogdensburg NY. The driver told me that they had received it like that in Syracuse NY. Looks like two corners are bashed in and there are puncture wounds on the box.

I refused to accept delivery and sent it back.


Disappointed. Was looking forward to getting this set after having read every single review, watched every video, and read most of this thread.

Hope I did the right thing :-(


(sharing my experience in case it helps someone else)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2587140   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	2587142   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2587144  
WabbaJ is offline  
post #9118 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabbaJ View Post
Have been looking for a TV for a long time. Had settled on getting the XB75X940E through Video and Audio Center, sold by Amazon.

Unfortunately, the box arrived very beat up on the truck at my place in Ogdensburg NY. The driver told me that they had received it like that in Syracuse NY. Looks like two corners are bashed in and there are puncture wounds on the box.

I refused to accept delivery and sent it back.


Disappointed. Was looking forward to getting this set after having read every single review, watched every video, and read most of this thread.

Hope I did the right thing :-(


(sharing my experience in case it helps someone else)
That's a bloody ****-up mate! Wow...was Ace Ventura on the job or something?

So sorry to hear that I know it's disappointment and killed your buzz; the good news is that you won't be stuck with a damaged TV and won't be charged for it...should you decide to part ways with this purchase.

The better news is that Video & Audio Center seem to have more of these sets in stock, so they should definitely send you a new one.

Presumably you informed the seller/Amazon along with the pictures. What are your next steps mate?
no_cure is offline  
post #9119 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
That's a bloody ****-up mate! Wow...was Ace Ventura on the job or something?

So sorry to hear that I know it's disappointment and killed your buzz; the good news is that you won't be stuck with a damaged TV and won't be charged for it...should you decide to part ways with this purchase.

The better news is that Video & Audio Center seem to have more of these sets in stock, so they should definitely send you a new one.

Presumably you informed the seller/Amazon along with the pictures. What are your next steps mate?
hey brother

thanks for the quick reply.

I have the pictures and called Amazon. They said that as long as I've refused delivery (which I did), the TV will go back to Video & Audio Center and I'll see the refund on my credit card in ~1week.

I may mention to Video and Audio Center about sending me another set when I send them the pics of the damaged box and unit.

I actually had emailed VAC prior to the order to please be careful with it, as I know another member on here had a similar experience to what just happened to me (maybe with their Z9D?).

I don't know if they won't screw it up again.

Maybe Ill ask them to throw in a freebie for the inconvenience or something.

I can't find a better deal for a TV than this one currently, so I may stick with it and re-order.

any other thoughts?
WabbaJ is offline  
post #9120 of 9329 Old 07-03-2019, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
no_cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1. Jönköping Sverige / 2. DFW
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabbaJ View Post
hey brother

thanks for the quick reply.

I have the pictures and called Amazon. They said that as long as I've refused delivery (which I did), the TV will go back to Video & Audio Center and I'll see the refund on my credit card in ~1week.

I may mention to Video and Audio Center about sending me another set when I send them the pics of the damaged box and unit.

I actually had emailed VAC prior to the order to please be careful with it, as I know another member on here had a similar experience to what just happened to me (maybe with their Z9D?).

I don't know if they won't screw it up again.

Maybe Ill ask them to throw in a freebie for the inconvenience or something.

I can't find a better deal for a TV than this one currently, so I may stick with it and re-order.

any other thoughts?
Well I'm with you. By this weekend, I'll have 2x 940Es in my household, and both were purchased from VAC seller as well (I'm expecting my 2nd 940E any day now...it's in route). The first unit arrived in a pristine shape...so fingers crossed.

In most cases, it's never the seller's fault, but rather the transport company. Given their Amazon feedback and reputation, I doubt VAC would purposefully send you the box in that shape.

My advice: call VAC, haggle a bit and purchase it again. For today's price and quality of this TV set, I am firm believer once cannot do better.

Good luck and keep us abreast.
WabbaJ likes this.
no_cure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
signal loss

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off