Samsung MU Series UHD HDR LED-LCD TVs - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #61 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Not sure I follow. I have a Yamaha V379 AVR and I'm using the HDCP 2.2 HDMI Out on the AVR to the HDMI ARC In on the TV.
On the Yamaha the HDMI Out also shares an input setting. When you select this input, then the AVR will play the TV sound that is coming from the TV. The TV sounds flows from the TV back to the AVR through the HDMI Out ARC. Think of it as being a hidden cable going from your TV to one of the AVR inputs. On mine, selecting AV 2 allows the AVR to play the sound coming back from the TV. Try selecting AV 2 on your Yamaha and I think that you will start to hear the sound coming from the TV.

It is weird cause there is no cable connecting the TV to AV 2 but inside the AVR there is a connection.

75" Samsung UN75MU6300, Yamaha TSR-5810, BA CR7 fronts, BA CR1 Center, BA micros surrounds, ELAC A4 presence, Samsung UBD-M9500, Directv HR-54 system, Apple TV 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 344
I asked this question on another post but didnt get anything.

I'm new to smart tv's, and my wife and I just bought a Sammy 75 MU8000. This is our first smart tv. We wanted to know if Netflix on the tv is 4k? Also is there an Amazon prime video app on the tv? I can buy a Chromecast Ultra if needed, but would rather not have to buy another thing for the tv if we don't have to.

The tv doesn't get delivered until Sept 5th as the basement is (today being dry walled and taped and mudded and then primed and painted this weekend) and it won't be in full use until Nov/Dec when the house gets new furniture. So i'm just trying to find all the answers I can while not in possession of the tv

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #63 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
I asked this question on another post but didnt get anything.

I'm new to smart tv's, and my wife and I just bought a Sammy 75 MU8000. This is our first smart tv. We wanted to know if Netflix on the tv is 4k? Also is there an Amazon prime video app on the tv? I can buy a Chromecast Ultra if needed, but would rather not have to buy another thing for the tv if we don't have to.

The tv doesn't get delivered until Sept 5th as the basement is (today being dry walled and taped and mudded and then primed and painted this weekend) and it won't be in full use until Nov/Dec when the house gets new furniture. So i'm just trying to find all the answers I can while not in possession of the tv
Not sure about Netflix 4K. I assume this would require a different subscription from what I have and I doubt my internet is fast enough to stream the content. Yes, there is an Amazon Prime Video app on the TV.
Quicksilv3r likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Not sure about Netflix 4K. I assume this would require a different subscription from what I have and I doubt my internet is fast enough to stream the content. Yes, there is an Amazon Prime Video app on the TV.
We have Netflix 4K already as we have more than 2 users that download content so we have had the 4k package for about 3 months already and I'm itching to try it out in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #65 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I don't have the 4k subscription, but if you use the Netflix app on the MU6300 it tells you that you can upgrade to the 4k subscription. So I assume this means the TV has the ability to play 4k Netflix content.
Quicksilv3r likes this.
post #66 of 119 Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Not sure I follow. I have a Yamaha V379 AVR and I'm using the HDCP 2.2 HDMI Out on the AVR to the HDMI ARC In on the TV.
Hi rack04, beside the HDMI ARC connection also check the receiver and TV settings.

On the TV, enable Samsung AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC (menu>system>expert settings>AnyNet+ to ON)
On the receiver, enable HDMI Control and ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)

Power off all components then power on TV and receiver. If both units are sync for ARC, the receiver will switch itself to AV2 TV Audio (default setting) when you select a TV source (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, TV, etc...).
post #67 of 119 Old 08-23-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi rack04, beside the HDMI ARC connection also check the receiver and TV settings.

On the TV, enable Samsung AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC (menu>system>expert settings>AnyNet+ to ON)
On the receiver, enable HDMI Control and ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)

Power off all components then power on TV and receiver. If both units are sync for ARC, the receiver will switch itself to AV2 TV Audio (default setting) when you select a TV source (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, TV, etc...).
Thanks. I got it to work. ARC was turned off in AVR settings.
post #68 of 119 Old 08-26-2017, 09:18 AM

Is there an info button I'm missing somewhere? Looking to tell the resolution the tv is displaying. Trying to confirm that the YouTube videos I'm streaming are playing at 4k. Thanks.
post #69 of 119 Old 08-27-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Is there an info button I'm missing somewhere? Looking to tell the resolution the tv is displaying. Trying to confirm that the YouTube videos I'm streaming are playing at 4k. Thanks.
You can display resolution on certain inputs and apps (like Netflix but doesn't work for Amazon and YouTube) by pressing "123" button on the remote and info on the menu bar.
post #70 of 119 Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Purchased the MU6500 late last week to upgrade a 2014 Sony XBR55X800B, which was non-HDR and I'm very impressed. I find the TV to be very immersive, almost 3d-esque when watching UHD's. Not a lot of information on them though.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #71 of 119 Old 09-10-2017, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Press the three colored dot buttons - that will bring up the resolution information.

I'm getting a "No Signal" issue with the Nvidia Shield @ 4K with Deep Color, 10bit enabled. Anyone else have this problem with the MU6300 (75")?

The TV seems to have problems syncing up the signal from time to time.

I'm not sure if it's the TV, Receiver, or Nvidia Shield.

Turning off Deep Color everything is pretty solid.
post #72 of 119 Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hoping somebody could shed some light on an issue I'm experiencing with my newly bought MU6100 (40"): when I'm watching sport, specifically football (the British sort) through my satellite TV (Sky) the image will freeze for a millisecond every few minutes. I am talking blink and you'll miss it, quick enough that most probably wouldn't even notice it. I also experience occasional judder when there are transitions between, for example, a slow mo replay and the live game but brief research tells me judder is quite common and it's infrequent and inconsequential enough that it hasn't really bothered me. Nor does the aforementioned issue so long as it's not indicative of a faulty set.

I don't think I have noticed this issue when watching Netflix, Amazon or Twitch but those sources are never smooth at source anyway and the judder reduction has really made a difference to my Netflix and Amazon experience, thoroughly satisfied with that feature.

Thanks
post #73 of 119 Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I should add that my settings are:

Auto Motion Plus set to Custom with Judder Reduction on 0 or 3 (happens on both) and LED Clear Motion off. Digital Clean View, HDR+ and Film Mode are also all off.
post #74 of 119 Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Is this considered the Official Owners thread for MU Series such as the MU6500?

Thanks

Home Theater:
Samsung UN55JS8500, Onkyo TX-NR838, Oppo UDP-203, Motorola QIP7232, Harmony 650 Remote
Computer Screen:
Samsung UN49MU6500
Mediabridge HDMI cables everywhere.
post #75 of 119 Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 PM

Since this is the only MU series generic thread, I'll ask here...

I picked up a 49MU6500 to use as a computer monitor, and I was wondering if anyone here knows if those old cheap Samsung remotes like those found on Amazon and Ebay would work for at least the basic functions on the MU series?

Thanks

George

Home Theater:
Samsung UN55JS8500, Onkyo TX-NR838, Oppo UDP-203, Motorola QIP7232, Harmony 650 Remote
Computer Screen:
Samsung UN49MU6500
post #76 of 119 Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung UN58MU6100 Bluetooth?

Possible to pair with BT headphones?

Bought this TV a couple weeks ago from Target, also have the Samsung 3 Series soundbar connected via supplied optical cable. Additionally I have a separate sound connection running from my DirecTV dvr to an audio receiver to TV via HDMIs so I can use wired headphones on that content at least.

But, with any of the smart apps (Netflix, Amazon, HBOGo) it runs through the TV speakers/soundbar ONLY so I want to use wireless BT headphones for that content so I won't disturb family at night.

Per the e-manual it should be able to connect Bluetooth accessories but it will not recognize either pair of my headphones (there's a disclaimer about not all functions work in all regions).

I can see no headphone jack on either the TV itself or the soundbar for a wired connection. Surely on a $800 tv they included a $3 Buetooth transmitter in the build, right? I know it is entry level but price/size worked for me needs otherwise.

If not it is going back to the store. Ugh. Unless there's a way to load BT driver thru USB or some sort of external BT transmitter that would work with the TV's audio output.

Thanks.
post #77 of 119 Old 09-20-2017, 09:48 AM

Liked: 10
Samsung UHD TV not putting out 5.1 audio via Yamaha amp.

I apologize if I didn't find a thread dealing with this issue already, and would appreciate being pointed to one, if it exists. I've seen similar issues from some years ago but nothing current. I don't claim any more than average user knowledge of AV connection issues.

I just acquired a Samsung UN55MU7600F. (Not something I would ordinarily have chosen, but Amazon made me an offer that was hard to refuse.) Incidentally, I don't find this unit among those listed on Samsung's site, though tech support confirms that is a correct model designation. I expect that the forum experts can tell what series this particular tv falls into. (I'm not in love with the picture quality, but that's a side issue.)

The immediate problem is that: When connected to my Yamaha RX-V479 amp, there is no 5.1 sound. I get 2.1 only. This occurs regardless of whether using HDMI ARC or optical cable. I have verified that, when using ARC, the HDMI cable polarity is correct and it's in the designated ARC port on the tv.

This problem occurs with all sources through the tv, whether broadcast or streaming apps. (I assume that at least some broadcast and streaming is 5.1 and that is not the issue.) The same streaming content and any disks played via my Samsung Bluray player through the Yamaha amp are rendered in 5.1, so it's not the amp or speakers.

I just spent 45 minutes online with Samsung tech support and no resolution was found. The only way to produce sound output through all available speakers is to use DTS Neo 2:5--which I believe is a simulation (correct?). PCM and Dolby are 2.1, only.

Is this a known issue with Samsung TV's, Yamaha amps, or the combination?

I'd appreciate any suggestions for a remedy, before I disconnect this thing, turn it to the wall and go back to my aged but beloved Panasonic plasma.

Thanks.
post #78 of 119 Old 09-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I picked up a 49MU6500 to use as a computer monitor, and I was wondering if anyone here knows if those old cheap Samsung remotes like those found on Amazon and Ebay would work for at least the basic functions on the MU series?
Absolutely George! I have several of the AA59-00600A model (mostly OEM but also a couple of identical looking clones) and I am using one with my 82MU8000 (and several other new and old Samsungs) and there is nothing I haven't been able to access. I have not even used the supplied remote, it is still sealed in the package.
glemigh likes this.
post #79 of 119 Old 09-21-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Absolutely George! I have several of the AA59-00600A model (mostly OEM but also a couple of identical looking clones) and I am using one with my 82MU8000 (and several other new and old Samsungs) and there is nothing I haven't been able to access. I have not even used the supplied remote, it is still sealed in the package.
Excellent! thank you so much for confirmation, I'll go get one of those, these supplied remotes are most annoying.

George

Home Theater:
Computer Screen:
Samsung UN49MU6500
post #80 of 119 Old 10-05-2017, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Does the optical out connection on the panel support Dolby Digital + or do you have to use an ARC connection?

Right now I have my AppleTV 4k connected to the Samsung and then an optical connection to the AVR. I am only getting a DD signal to the AVR. I was wondering if I connected using HDMI to the AVR instead of the optical if that would then get me a DD+ signal to the AVR.

75" Samsung UN75MU6300, Yamaha TSR-5810, BA CR7 fronts, BA CR1 Center, BA micros surrounds, ELAC A4 presence, Samsung UBD-M9500, Directv HR-54 system, Apple TV 4K

Last edited by thptrek; 10-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.
post #81 of 119 Old 11-09-2017, 03:06 AM

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where to find the 'panel display time' or to check the total run time in the service menu?

Further to that, does entering the hidden service menu void the warranty?
post #82 of 119 Old 11-10-2017, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Picked up a 55' MU6100 yesterday, its my first ever true 4k experience and i have to say, i'm quite happy with it!
Considering the fact that 4k TV prices are quite insane here in Brazil, the price i'm going to pay for it in the end is really worth it.

I'm very happy with it so far!

Amplifier -
Speakers - DALI Zensor 7
Screen- Samsung QLED Q7FN 55"
post #83 of 119 Old 11-10-2017, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Arc cant output more than dd 5.1 im afraid.

On anothrr note i have a ks9500 in fhe main room and looking to upgrade my bedroom tv to a 4k hdr, heard the mu peak brightness is disapointing. Any word on this
post #84 of 119 Old 11-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Squirrell View Post
Hoping somebody could shed some light on an issue I'm experiencing with my newly bought MU6100 (40"): when I'm watching sport, specifically football (the British sort) through my satellite TV (Sky) the image will freeze for a millisecond every few minutes. I am talking blink and you'll miss it, quick enough that most probably wouldn't even notice it. I also experience occasional judder when there are transitions between, for example, a slow mo replay and the live game but brief research tells me judder is quite common and it's infrequent and inconsequential enough that it hasn't really bothered me. Nor does the aforementioned issue so long as it's not indicative of a faulty set.

I don't think I have noticed this issue when watching Netflix, Amazon or Twitch but those sources are never smooth at source anyway and the judder reduction has really made a difference to my Netflix and Amazon experience, thoroughly satisfied with that feature.

Thanks
I get glitching like you describe, sometimes appears as a few skipped frames, on my JU7100, whenever the motion settings are on, even if all set to 0. It is almost as if the process is incorrectly guessing what to do and at times gets it wrong. Try replaying the same scene again, if on DVR, just go back a few seconds...typically the sets won't repeat the same glitch at the same spot.

Paul
post #85 of 119 Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by glemigh View Post
Excellent! thank you so much for confirmation, I'll go get one of those, these supplied remotes are most annoying.

George
Hey George. For what it's worth, I ordered a refurbished remote for my UN55JS8500 today. $26US + $7 S/H from ReplacementRemotes.com.

Jay
post #86 of 119 Old 11-26-2017, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I thinking about possibly buying a 75" MU9000 from BB but in their floor model display, it has a thick stainless bezel instead of the thin glass like black bezel found in the 65" floor model. The saleguy said that panel on the 75" is heavier so a bigger thicker bez l! Is that correct? The 75" is the model that I want but not the stainless steel thicker bezel!
post #87 of 119 Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 524
So I recently purchased a Samsung MU6300 65" 4K tv to temporarily replace my 2014 Vizio P Series which is being repaired. I have to say while watching TV and Movies the picture is nice, for streaming from things like netflix this TV is a steaming pile of garbage. Here is a little background, as I said my Vizio is being repaired I have the new Samsung sitting in the same spot as my Vizio, and connected wirelessly to my internet, 200mbps service, just like my old Vizio. Starting Netflix on the Samsung takes EASILY 3 times as long, just to get into it. Whereas on my Vizio is was up and running in seconds, additionally, the little thumbnails of the various shows only show up about half the time, and as you scroll you have to pause and wait up to a minute for the one you are on to load at all. At first I thought it was because I had used Netflix for the first time on the Samsung but no, when I get out and come back even thumbnails that were previously loaded are gone. Then we get to watching movies or shows, on the Vizio I could start anything, be it a 30 minute show or a 3 hour 4K movie, it goes from loading to %100 in under 10 seconds for ANYTHING, on the Samsung it can take up to a minute to load a single 30 minute show regardless of the HD quality. Then when it comes to watching the show or movie I am LUCKY to get even 720p from this thing, and I mean REALLY LUCKY, it is more often than not a pixeliated garbage picture that I might get through a 30 minute show without it having to stop and buffer 2 or 3 times. I am sorry but all things being equal that Samsung wasn't worth nearly what I paid for it and I am glad I am taking it back in a week or so. And for the record it wasn't even one of those "black friday" special models you can't get any other time.
post #88 of 119 Old 11-27-2017, 11:28 AM

What is the Samsung MU7100 Series?

My son just bought a Samsung UN65MU7100 at Abt in Chicago.

I don't see this model listed on any U.S. Samsung web site. The only Series 7 model on the U.S. web site is the UN65MU7000 which is also carried at Abt, Best Buy, Costco and other retailers.

The UN65MU7100 does show up (along with the UN65MU7000) on the Canadian Samsung web site.

The only difference that I can see between the two is that the MU7100 has Supreme UHD Dimming whereas the MU7000 has UHD Dimming.

I'm concerned that since the MU7100 is not listed on the U.S. site it was a limited model or discontinued, and thus not supported (no firmware updates, for example). Or am I wrong and it is a newer better model that just isn't listed yet?

Does anybody have any insight?
post #89 of 119 Old 11-28-2017, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thinking of picking up a Samsung UN50MU6300 for a good price, but from what I've read here is this TV even worth getting at all? It seems its getting trash talked here pretty bad, but at Ratings .com it actually gets rated pretty well.
I'm thinking of getting it tonight so a fast answer would be a great help. Thanks
post #90 of 119 Old 11-28-2017, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmooth View Post
Thinking of picking up a Samsung UN50MU6300 for a good price, but from what I've read here is this TV even worth getting at all? It seems its getting trash talked here pretty bad, but at Ratings .com it actually gets rated pretty well.
I'm thinking of getting it tonight so a fast answer would be a great help. Thanks
For movie and TV it was fine but streaming was a pile of hot garbage, at least in my case. But that may not be the case with everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
hdmi(arc) , hdr , mu series , Samsung , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page