LeEco Super 4 X43 Pro, X55, X65 Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #61 of 135 Old 11-18-2017, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Are we really SOL with continued support for our devices? Did the company go out of business all over the world? Shouldn't be difficult to keep Android TV updated, right? I'm actually quite fond of my x55.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 135 Old 11-25-2017, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
The X43?

Well, I paid $350 + tax direct from LeEco when they had a deal on them (6 months ago). OTB the X43 was unwatchable. Horrible motion tearing like I've ever seen (defect level IMO, mentioned on first page of this thread). AFTER I updated the FW/SW it totally fixed that problem! Otherwise I woulda returned it.

The issue I would seriously worry about is whether the LeEco you get can still get this updatel. After my initial big update, then a 2nd update a week or so later, there has been zilch updates and attempts to check for updates return an 'error', which could mean LeEco's update servers are down. Otherwise I'd figure it would just respond with a 'you have current FW/SW', 'no updates avail', etc.

So my guess is that if the LeEco you get doesn't have this update, you might be stuck.

And even if it did, there are still things that annoy me, and hiccups, etc. All were mentioned by myself and others on LeEco's forum, with LeEco reps mentioning they would fix/look into it, etc. Very unlikely now.

I don't use the smart TV features that much (other than some youtube stuff). If you're smart tv intensive, I would stear clear as I would think you would need constant updates. Netflix could update their app and it could not be compatible with an older LeEco FW/SW anymore and you'd be stuck.
Man, this is very demoralizing. I was literally about to pull the trigger on one (there are some great deals on the 43" TV, and for that size these features are pretty solid), but if I can't get at least the first few updates that's going to really reduce the value of the set.

Anyone have any word on the availability of updates?
post #63 of 135 Old 11-26-2017, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I was previously getting a connection error when attempting to update. I’m now getting a message that I have the latest software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 135 Old 11-26-2017, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
sad experience on upgrading x55

Would like to share with you a sad experience on upgrading super4 x55.

As some already mentioned, the online update does work for x55 at least for now. I googled around and found a new system from this website: ui.letv.com/website/downloads

I downloaded the latest version and started offline update. It did give a warning that the TV is US version and the EUI I downloaded may not work.

I stupidly ignored the message and chose to continue.

Now I have a bricked X55. When I turn on the power switch, it shows a welcome screen and that is it. It does not respond to anything and I have to turn it off by using the physical switch.

I googled around to see if I can reset it to its factory setting. Some say when it powered on, pressing the following buttons on the remote control may reset the TV: setting > volume+ > volume-> channel+ > channel- > power. However, this sequence did not work.

Anyway, sad experience and I am sorry for the $350+tax I paid on this 6 months ago. Now I have a bricked panel. Luckily, it still matches with the TV stand we bought for it.
post #65 of 135 Old 11-26-2017, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Netflix has stopped working on my x43. I get the "Unfortunately, Netflix has stopped" message. I uninstalled updates for Netflix and that didn't work. I'm hoping Netflix didnt stop supporting LeEco TV's the way Directv Now did. All my other apps work fine.
post #66 of 135 Old 11-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nevermind, Netflix is back on.
post #67 of 135 Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richled13 View Post
Man, this is very demoralizing. I was literally about to pull the trigger on one (there are some great deals on the 43" TV, and for that size these features are pretty solid), but if I can't get at least the first few updates that's going to really reduce the value of the set.

Anyone have any word on the availability of updates?
Ok, based on this I ordered one off PC Richard & Sons (they have quite the deal going right now!). I am hoping this will work well for an HDR gaming tv.
post #68 of 135 Old 11-29-2017, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm seeing flashlightning on bottom corners on my x55 tv every night when switching the apps.
Is this common behavior or a defect?
If it can be removed through calibration, please suggest.

Thanks
post #69 of 135 Old 11-30-2017, 07:39 PM

Liked: 10
New Leeco Super4 x43

Last Christmas I bought the x55 directly from Leeco. I love the tv and the smart functions. I use it for Directvnow, Netflix and youtube. on Black Friday this year I bought an x43 from Pc Richards & Sons for $249. A great deal. Because Leeco has basically shut down in the USA software updating only updated twice and then said current version, yet it is not as current as my x55. I will need to figure out how to sideload the newer firmware. I was able to get the Directvnow app working by sideloading the latet apk. TV seems great so far. Just wish Leeco had not expanded too quickly.
post #70 of 135 Old 12-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf2 View Post
Last Christmas I bought the x55 directly from Leeco. I love the tv and the smart functions. I use it for Directvnow, Netflix and youtube. on Black Friday this year I bought an x43 from Pc Richards & Sons for $249. A great deal. Because Leeco has basically shut down in the USA software updating only updated twice and then said current version, yet it is not as current as my x55. I will need to figure out how to sideload the newer firmware. I was able to get the Directvnow app working by sideloading the latet apk. TV seems great so far. Just wish Leeco had not expanded too quickly.
Any idea where you can download the firmware?
post #71 of 135 Old 12-29-2017, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richled13 View Post
Any idea where you can download the firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardin View Post
Would like to share with you a sad experience on upgrading super4 x55.

As some already mentioned, the online update does work for x55 at least for now. I googled around and found a new system from this website: ui.letv.com/website/downloads

I downloaded the latest version and started offline update. It did give a warning that the TV is US version and the EUI I downloaded may not work.

I stupidly ignored the message and chose to continue.

Now I have a bricked X55. When I turn on the power switch, it shows a welcome screen and that is it. It does not respond to anything and I have to turn it off by using the physical switch.

I googled around to see if I can reset it to its factory setting. Some say when it powered on, pressing the following buttons on the remote control may reset the TV: setting > volume+ > volume-> channel+ > channel- > power. However, this sequence did not work.

Anyway, sad experience and I am sorry for the $350+tax I paid on this 6 months ago. Now I have a bricked panel. Luckily, it still matches with the TV stand we bought for it.
Here's a link for the uMax. They may be the same. http://ui.letv.com/website/downloads/72.html.
post #72 of 135 Old 12-31-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Fan View Post
Here's a link for the uMax. They may be the same.
Since the original post from cardin mentioned that an update from that site bricked their TV, has anyone else tried using that site's updates?

Also, for those of you who were able to receive all US firmware updates as online updates, what is the latest version number for US TVs?
post #73 of 135 Old 12-31-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms130 View Post
Since the original post from cardin mentioned that an update from that site bricked their TV, has anyone else tried using that site's updates?

Also, for those of you who were able to receive all US firmware updates as online updates, what is the latest version number for US TVs?
I updated my uMax from the link I posted. The TV has worked fine ever since. Lots of good info over in the uMax forum. Check it out sometime.
post #74 of 135 Old 12-31-2017, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Here's a link for the uMax. They may be the same. http://ui.letv.com/website/downloads/72.html.
Quote:
I updated my uMax from the link I posted. The TV has worked fine ever since. Lots of good info over in the uMax forum. Check it out sometime.
Except the uMax is a different OS than the Super 4's on this thread.

So, the "They may be the same" is also the same as> It may brick your Super 4
post #75 of 135 Old 12-31-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Except the uMax is a different OS than the Super 4's on this thread.

So, the "They may be the same" is also the same as> It may brick your Super 4
It could brick the uMax too. If you look around on the link I provided, you'll find downloads for each model listed in this thread.
post #76 of 135 Old 01-01-2018, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 283
What's the latest firmware for the X65? Anybody know?

Theater: Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12, Optoma HD80 on 100" Elite Aeon screen
Bedroom: Yamaha WXA50, Samsung Q6FN (2018), Martin Logan Motion LX16, Pro SW100P 10" sub
Gaming: Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
post #77 of 135 Old 01-09-2018, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
On the PS4 Pro:

Resolution: 2160 RGB
RGB Range: Full
HDR: Automatic
Deep Color Output: Automatic

These will work for regular PS4 Pro Gaming. *** Keep an eye on the 10pt settings as for some reason they may change to Off. You want them On.***

On the LeEco:

Gamma: -1
Color Space: Native
White Balance: Same as above
Super White: 64
Super Black: 64
Motion: Off
Sharpness: 45
Saturation: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Normal
Backlight: 45
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 50
Adaptive Contrast: Off
Dynamic Backlight: Off

**************** The above appear to have NO INFLUENCE on HDR Gaming Visuals **********************

For HDR Gaming:

Sharpness: 45 or 50
Noise Reduction: Off
Saturation: 70
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Normal (or Cool if prefer)
Backlight: 100
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 50
Adaptive Contrast: High (Changed 6/28/17)

You will need to lower the Brightness in the in-game menu otherwise the blacks will be washed. For example, see the pictures below. I reduced Brightness to 4 on Uncharted 4. I believe I reduced by half on Horizon Zero Dawn.

When you switch back to normal movie or video watching on another input, you will need to look over your settings again. An unfortunate drawback to this TV is the lack of independent settings for each and every input. I hope to find a way into the service menu soon to enable different calibration options.
Hi @wildgator25 Were you ever able to find out the code to access the service menu? I have a UMAX85 and the lack of options to adjust the picture is frustrating. I'd love to be able to do more tweaking in the service menu and would assume the code would hopefully be the same for all modern Leeco TV's. Thanks!
post #78 of 135 Old 01-09-2018, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish234 View Post
Hi @wildgator25 Were you ever able to find out the code to access the service menu? I have a UMAX85 and the lack of options to adjust the picture is frustrating. I'd love to be able to do more tweaking in the service menu and would assume the code would hopefully be the same for all modern Leeco TV's. Thanks!
No, unfortunately I have not. If someone knows, I would like to do some tweaking also.
post #79 of 135 Old 01-10-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
No, unfortunately I have not. If someone knows, I would like to do some tweaking also.
@wildgator25 I might be on to something. Check this out: http://www.go-gddq.com/down/2017-08/17080811156555.pdf It has pictures of the service menu and I do see a white balance option.

I put the PDF in google translate but can't make heads or tales of it. Looks like we have click source and then 2580 to get into the menu. But, at least for the US remote control there are no numbers on it.

Any ideas?
post #80 of 135 Old 01-11-2018, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@wildgator25 I might be on to something. Check this out: http://www.go-gddq.com/down/2017-08/17080811156555.pdf It has pictures of the service menu and I do see a white balance option.

I put the PDF in google translate but can't make heads or tales of it. Looks like we have click source and then 2580 to get into the menu. But, at least for the US remote control there are no numbers on it.

Any ideas?
I tried going to Channels and holding down Source and pressing the 123 key. When the number pad came up onscreen, I pressed 2580 but nothing happened.

I will try to fiddle with it soon but I need to translate everything related to it in case I can get in....need a way to get out!
post #81 of 135 Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I tried going to Channels and holding down Source and pressing the 123 key. When the number pad came up onscreen, I pressed 2580 but nothing happened.

I will try to fiddle with it soon but I need to translate everything related to it in case I can get in....need a way to get out!
@wildgator25 - Actually this should work. Obviously be careful!

number keys, vol-, vol+, ch-, ch+

There are probably multiple things you can do that will permanently screw up your TV.

From my research here are ones that should never be touched (probably not an all inclusive list): What's important is to never enable Factory Mode, and never click on "Factory Reset" or "Letv Reset"
CFC likes this.
post #82 of 135 Old 01-14-2018, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@wildgator25 - Actually this should work. Obviously be careful!

number keys, vol-, vol+, ch-, ch+

There are probably multiple things you can do that will permanently screw up your TV.

From my research here are ones that should never be touched (probably not an all inclusive list): What's important is to never enable Factory Mode, and never click on "Factory Reset" or "Letv Reset"
Yes, that sequence works!

I will try to fiddle about some this week. Will let you know if I find anything useful. You do the same.

Thanks!
post #83 of 135 Old 01-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Yes, that sequence works!

I will try to fiddle about some this week. Will let you know if I find anything useful. You do the same.

Thanks!
@wildgator25 Sounds like a plan. I'll try to muster the courage to play.

Again, I have the UMAX85

Your TV has HDR, right?

My biggest gripe is that in SDR movie mode there are white balance adjustments. However, in HDR mode there are no white balance adjustments.

When you go into the service menu, then click on factory menu (OK on remote), you then click on white balance.

It appears that the color temperature modes (which are also available in HDR mode and I would assume share the same behind the scenes settings as SDR) can have their white balance settings adjusted. It's just a basic 2 pont with gains and cuts (offsets) but something is better than nothing

Here are my thoughts - I'll never use the cold temperature preset (in it's default state). I'm pretty happy with the warm preset for SDR mode but feel like it's too red/orange for HDR mode. I find the neutral one a bit too cold for HDR So I'm thinking I could just tweak the cold preset to my liking and then just use that preset for HDR.

So essentially in this proposed workaround, I'd just simply be using the cold preset as 2 point white balance adjustment / color temperature preset for HDR mode.

Please let me know if this works for you and if it makes sense

Last edited by mfish234; 01-15-2018 at 09:35 AM.
post #84 of 135 Old 02-01-2018, 08:45 PM

update

has anyone tried the update on youtube that came out 2 weeks ago(searched leeco tv update), wont let me post the link...there is a decent deal on the 65x and was wondering if anyone was able to install any of those updates
post #85 of 135 Old 02-02-2018, 05:33 AM

Liked: 10
As of February 1st Directvnow native app support has been removed from Leeco. This is a bummer. I have enjoyed this subscription service as a native app. Now I need to use a Fire stick to access it. Wish someone would figure out a workaround.
post #86 of 135 Old 02-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolal View Post
has anyone tried the update on youtube that came out 2 weeks ago(searched leeco tv update), wont let me post the link...there is a decent deal on the 65x and was wondering if anyone was able to install any of those updates
I did- with my X65. Works fine and the TV got updated to EUI 6. You'd have to do a complete factory reset after the image is installed and install play store yourself.
I followed the guide from UMax85 Forum post 1564 and it went through ok.
post #87 of 135 Old 02-03-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomizer542 View Post
I did- with my X65. Works fine and the TV got updated to EUI 6. You'd have to do a complete factory reset after the image is installed and install play store yourself.
I followed the guide from UMax85 Forum post 1564 and it went through ok.
Also, I did not much like the interface and garish advertising on the CN firmware. Plus, Play store just didn't want to start, Netflix was not working with apk sideload and HDR via HDMI 1/2 is still finicky- I wasn't able to get it to work at all with my Shield TV.
I am going back to the 56S firmware (can be searched for in XDA), (by going to the recovery when TV is turned off, SETTINGS, VOL +, VOL-, CH +, CH-, POWER). The fall back also works fine if any one wants to test the newer FW and go back to the latest US.
post #88 of 135 Old 02-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I have the x55 and recently noticed Netflix isn't giving me 4k. not exactly sure when this started as it's our bedroom TV and if I want to watch 4k content I generally use the oled downstairs, but uninstalling Netflix updates does fix the problem. updating it again drops 4k content. anyone else noticing this?
post #89 of 135 Old 02-16-2018, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomizer542 View Post
Also, I did not much like the interface and garish advertising on the CN firmware. Plus, Play store just didn't want to start, Netflix was not working with apk sideload and HDR via HDMI 1/2 is still finicky- I wasn't able to get it to work at all with my Shield TV.
I am going back to the 56S firmware (can be searched for in XDA), (by going to the recovery when TV is turned off, SETTINGS, VOL +, VOL-, CH +, CH-, POWER). The fall back also works fine if any one wants to test the newer FW and go back to the latest US.
So you're telling me that you successfully installed the 56S Firmware on a Super4 X Series TV after it was flashed to CN firmware? Please post directions and confirmation as I've done the exact same thing and I am presented with a Failure Message in Chinese shortly after it attempts.
post #90 of 135 Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1060 View Post
So you're telling me that you successfully installed the 56S Firmware on a Super4 X Series TV after it was flashed to CN firmware? Please post directions and confirmation as I've done the exact same thing and I am presented with a Failure Message in Chinese shortly after it attempts.
Yes, I am back on 56S after testing the EUI 6 CN firmware. If factory reset does not work (SETTINGS, VOL +, CH +, CH-, VOL-, POWER), then:

Install the letvupgrade938.bin file from 4pda (Firmware for X4-43, X4-50, X4-50 Pro, X4-55 (Russian division of R & D) Version: 5.8.218T_1114), by adding it to a USB device and turning on the TV with the bin flash method (SETTINGS, VOL +, VOL-, CH-, CH +, POWER).
Set that up, and then install the US 56S zip with offline update option via a USB drive(hit yes when it warns you of US locale).
After the flash, factory reset it with the SETTINGS, VOL +, CH +, CH-, VOL-, POWER combination and you will be back on the US firmware. This worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page