Official 2017 Vizio M Series Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 550Likes

post #361 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2734 Post(s)
Liked: 2495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 317hp View Post
Got my M70-E3 today as a warranty replacement for the D3.

So far so good. The on screen apps working well. Picture looks really good. Id say better than the 2016 on all inputs.

I used calibration settings posted in the 2016 owners thread.

New remote is much better.

I am not getting HDR to work on YouTube. It looks amazing but the setting doesn't change to HDR...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa88 View Post
Casting YouTube doesn't support HDR. You need a Chromecast ultra for YouTube HDR.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Youtube encodes in non-standard VP9, which is basically a Google home brewed alternative to HDR-10/Dolby Vision. Only the Chromecast Ultra ( shocking! I know ) does VP9. Nothing like getting locked into an ecosystem!

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Youtube encodes in non-standard VP9, which is basically a Google home brewed alternative to HDR-10/Dolby Vision. Only the Chromecast Ultra ( shocking! I know ) does VP9. Nothing like getting locked into an ecosystem!
@317hp @bpa88

VP9 is Google's newest video codec, and it's supposed to be a royalty free alternative to the HEVC codec.
The VP9 profile 2 variety supports 10 bit video and HDR, and our Vizio sets can't decode this particular version of the codec.
That is why YT 4K works (it uses the older VP9 version) and YT HDR doesn't.
Chromecast Ultra is among several devices that do support YT HDR, such as some UHD Blu-ray players and streamers like the Roku Ultra or Premiere+.

LG 65B7 | Odroid N2 with CoreELEC | LG SK10Y+SPK8-S | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #363 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by babermac View Post
@ak2112 2

Since you mentioned uniformity, I was wondering if you've noticed any issues during camera pans, specifically vertical ones. My M50-e1 has some pretty noticeable rows of light and dark across the screen that show themselves during up-and-down camera movements, particularly when the background is somewhat muted. Another place it really jumps out at me is on the loading screen of certain Roku apps, especially HBO Now, which has a solid grey background.

Wasn't sure if this is just a variant on your run of the mill dirty screen effect and I should learn to live with it, or if it warrants a trip to Best Buy. (I'm past the 15 day return period, sadly.)
I haven't noticed anything like you're explaining about up and down camera panning.

App loading screens don't always look great but that's never going to be something that bothers me. Once the apps load and more importantly, once the content starts streaming, everything is A-OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa88 View Post
Quote:
Got my M70-E3 today as a warranty replacement for the D3.

So far so good. The on screen apps working well. Picture looks really good. Id say better than the 2016 on all inputs.

I used calibration settings posted in the 2016 owners thread.

New remote is much better.

I am not getting HDR to work on YouTube. It looks amazing but the setting doesn't change to HDR...?
Casting YouTube doesn't support HDR. You need a Chromecast ultra for YouTube HDR.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Agh! This stuff is ridiculous. So Amazon HDR doesn't work, Youtube doesn't work. Basically Netflix is the only Vizio compatible HDR stream??
post #365 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@317hp

Amazon will be added later, after the certification process of these displays is complete.
No YT HDR, VUDU has Dolby Vision.

LG 65B7 | Odroid N2 with CoreELEC | LG SK10Y+SPK8-S | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
post #366 of 3334 Old 08-10-2017, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Agh! This stuff is ridiculous. So Amazon HDR doesn't work, Youtube doesn't work. Basically Netflix is the only Vizio compatible HDR stream??
It's beta software, and everyone JUST HAD TO HAVE this version because they wanted the new Smartcast "built-in" app interface. Set your expectations accordingly; i.e. bugs, things that need to be wrapped up and finished, certifications, etc. Youtube is using a non-standard codec so they didn't have to pay royalties - hardly Vizio's fault. I'm not going to name any brands, but if you think this is ridiculous, you oughta look at those people who paid $6K for a TV that won't play Dolby Vision and cannot be upgraded.
him7403 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #367 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Question

I ordered a P series online but the screen was shattered during shipping. Now I got refund and bought M55-E0 from store.
PQ doesn't pop in calibrated or dark except vivid.
Is there any calibration settings thread/post for M series?
Also I noticed it didn't come with any hdmi cable, any recommendation for this?
What is the format the usb drive can play?

Last edited by him7403; 08-11-2017 at 12:23 AM.
post #368 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=Oxyd722;54610858][QUOTE=jjrockjaw;54610842]Im using hdmi one for ARC to my soundbar, which works great but that is kind of idiotic vizio.
Quote:

Totally!
I ended up using the Optical input of my sound bar so I could connect the Xbox One S to HDMI1, and have HDR working
If it wasn't so much more expensive, I'd go get a P Series, but had a rather good price for the M65 so will buy a HDMI switch the day I have more devices that require full bandwidth...

I'm having audio sync and volume level issues with my setup that I'm hoping you can help me with. A lot of the time (not all the time) the audio from my Vizio sound bar is a little bit behind the video of my display and the volume level from one channel to another is very different (i.e. ESPN outputs a lower volume than NBC, etc.). Here's my set-up:

Verizon Cable Box (Motorola 7232-P2) HDMI out --> Vizio M55-E0 HDMI 1 in --> Vizio M55-E0 Optical Out (using the cord provided by the display) --> Vizio SB3630-E6 sound bar optical in. I chose this setup because I set my cable box to pass through the native broadcast resolution (i.e. NBC 1080i, ESPN 720p) to the display rather than the cable box scaling the resolution to the default display resolution and sending it to the display for it to be scaled again to 4K. I'd rather have the TV take the native broadcast resolution and scale it to 4K (this way the video is scaled only once, not twice). For some reason if I take the HDMI cord from the cable box to the sound bar and an HDMI from the sound bar to the display the video resolution coming into the display is always 720p and not the native resolution of the broadcast, which I don't want. The only downside is that when the sound bar turns off automatically (with EcoMode turned on) and I turn on the cable box and the display I need to hit the Volume up/down button on my Verizon remote in order to "wake up" the sound bar. It won't turn on automatically with it connected via Optical like it would if I had it connected with the Arc HDMI. It's one extra click of the remote which i've gotten used to.

Here are my settings;

1. On the Verizon cable box I set the advanced HDMI audio out setting from "Auto" to "Pass through" (aka bitstream), set the Audio output from "Stereo" to "Surround" and set the dynamic range setting from "Heavy" to "None".
2. On the M55-E0 display I have the following Audio Settings selected:
-Speakers: Off
-Volume Control Display: On
-Surround Sound: On
-Volume Leveling: On
-Balance: 0
-Lip Sync: 0
-Digital Audio Out: Bitstream
-Analog Auto Out: Fixed
3. On the Vizio Sound bar I have the following Audio Settings selected:
-EQ Mode: Movie
-TruVol: On
-Night Mode: Off
-AV Delay: 0 (none)
-EcoPwr: On

Note: The Sound Bar is successfully receiving a Dolby Digital signal because the white indicator LED lights up (at the bottom of the light display) for a few seconds and fades away. I can also confirm the audio format by looking at the system menu on the TV.

With this setup I'm assuming that the native broadcast audio format (i.e. mono, stereo, multi-channel DD) generated by the cable box is being passed from the cable box, through the TV and to the sound bar since I have the cable box set to pass through and the TV set to bitstream, correct? What I don't understand is how the settings at all three device levels interact which each other and affect the sound quality and volume. By setting the cable box and the TV to output a bitstream signal does that disable the rest of the settings on those devices? For example, on the cable box the "Dynamic Range" setting affects the loudness of the audio signal, but so does the "Volume Leveling" setting on the TV AND the "TruVol" setting on the sound bar. How should all these "volume" settings be set between all three devices? Also, the cable box and the TV both have "surround sound" settings. Should one, both or none of the devices have it on? I guess I'm just confused because there are duplicate settings between all three devices and I'm not sure how to set them all correctly so the play nicely together.

Thanks,
Joe
post #369 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just got a m70-e3 and turned it on all was good. I connected to my wifi (2.4) and let it do its thing. It said up to 10 minutes but I gave it 15 minutes and it was still working on the update. I didnt see a progress bar, so wasnt sure how to check on its status. I had to leave the house so I just let it stay on, not sure what the status of it now is. What do I do if its stuck on this screen? Do I have the option of installing the update manually?
post #370 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I upgraded my cable boxes with comcast to the x1 system and they had a new 4k box available, so naturally I snatched it up lol I know that there is no native 4k broadcast and whatnot but it didn't change my bill at all so I figured, why not. Picture is set to 4k at 2160p60 currently and it looks great! Way nicer than my other box that was 1080i. My question now is, and pardon me for being clueless, what is the difference between 2160p30 and 2160p60... both essentially look the same to me but I just like to know these kind of things.
Also upgraded my receiver to the pioneer vsx-832 and I'm loving it so far, easy set up and supposedly will pass through both hdr formats.
Thanks for any info once again!
post #371 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROC23 View Post
I upgraded my cable boxes with comcast to the x1 system and they had a new 4k box available, so naturally I snatched it up lol I know that there is no native 4k broadcast and whatnot but it didn't change my bill at all so I figured, why not. Picture is set to 4k at 2160p60 currently and it looks great! Way nicer than my other box that was 1080i. My question now is, and pardon me for being clueless, what is the difference between 2160p30 and 2160p60... both essentially look the same to me but I just like to know these kind of things.
Also upgraded my receiver to the pioneer vsx-832 and I'm loving it so far, easy set up and supposedly will pass through both hdr formats.
It's simply the refresh rate or vertical frequency of the signal. For 30, it means the TV will redraw the image 30 times a second. Obviously 60 = 60 times a second. You probably won't notice any difference except with some types of sports - maybe hockey. It doesn't impact resolution. Most of the time, broadcast TV signals are 60.

post #372 of 3334 Old 08-11-2017, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Wait, so there's a newer box than the X1 box I've had for the past 1-2 years? Signal for shows is still 1080i though, right?? How do I check?

Mine doesn't look like this, does yours?

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/bau...-x1-box/413009

"Update: Xfinity in UHD offers one of the biggest and best 4K libraries available today,

XG1v4 is an HD DVR device that also supports HDR10, 4K, and Bluetooth 4.2 capability, though HDR10 4K and Bluetooth won’t be supported until later this year. “It will be available via professional installation only for new X1 customers, and regions can expect to continue using a mix of XG1s for new X1 installations,” the post adds.
4K content also is not available at launch, though it will later support content in that format from Netflix and eventually “select” VOD, live and DVR content from Comcast.
The coming Bluetooth support will allow customers to pair the box to other Bluetooth devices, such as speakers or headphones, to stream audio, the post adds, noting that the feature is currently being reviewed at Comcast Labs. Six tuners and a 500 GB hard drive."

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

Last edited by Jasonn B; 08-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.
post #373 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 05:42 AM

@Jasonn B - Yep, thats the one. Supposedly my local comcast center had just gotten a few in this week and when the guy asked me if I wanted one I jumped at the opportunity. There was no price change on anything as well which also helped influence the decision lol. The box's upscaling of the comcast content is waaaaaay better than the 1080i non x1 box that I had previously. I'm sure its a combination of the vizio firmware update and comcast's newer technology but either way, I'm happy!

@sonoftumble - Thanks for the info!
post #374 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just picked up my display last night, love it so far but I have a stuck green pixel - but it's only there during smart cast applications, not for any hdmi inputs - any ideas?
post #375 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Jasonn B - Yep, thats the one. Supposedly my local comcast center had just gotten a few in this week and when the guy asked me if I wanted one I jumped at the opportunity. There was no price change on anything as well which also helped influence the decision lol. The box's upscaling of the comcast content is waaaaaay better than the 1080i non x1 box that I had previously. I'm sure its a combination of the vizio firmware update and comcast's newer technology but either way, I'm happy!

@sonoftumble - Thanks for the info!
Oh, so your old box wasn't an X1 then? I'm just wondering if I should swap mine out.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller

post #376 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 10:36 AM

No it was not x1... I think it was the regular Motorola hd/dvr 1080i box with the light grey remote that came out before x1 hit the market.
post #377 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Recently bought a 2017 65 inch M series and had to take it back due to the board failing within two weeks. Now I'm looking at replacing it with either the 2017 70M or 2017 65P but having a tough time making the decision. They're both on sale at Costco, the P is a 199 dollars cheaper but is the difference in quality worth losing 5 inches? It will be mounted above a fireplace approximately 14 feet away. Help me pull the trigger on one or the other
post #378 of 3334 Old 08-12-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayviz View Post
Recently bought a 2017 65 inch M series and had to take it back due to the board failing within two weeks. Now I'm looking at replacing it with either the 2017 70M or 2017 65P but having a tough time making the decision. They're both on sale at Costco, the P is a 199 dollars cheaper but is the difference in quality worth losing 5 inches? It will be mounted above a fireplace approximately 14 feet away. Help me pull the trigger on one or the other
Definitely get the bigger one! No question. At 14 feet away it will look just as clear and that 5" will make a big difference at 14 feet.
sk373 and sonoftumble like this.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #379 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayviz View Post
I would go for P65, M series is not as good. PQ is not so good as P.

Last edited by him7403; 08-13-2017 at 01:07 AM.
post #380 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
I would go for P65, M series is not as good. PQ is not so good as P.
@Jayviz Actually the folks at rtings say the jump from M to P isnt as wide as it was last year.

The M Series 2017 is a step down in Vizio's product line. It's similar to the P Series 2017 overall, but its local dimming feature is a bit more crude. It also lacks a "gaming" HDMI port, so its input lag is a bit higher. If your usage is mostly centered around movies in a dark room, it can be a good way to save a few hundred dollars as the picture quality is very similar to the P Series.

OR if you are not sold on the Vizio wait until this fall for the 65" TCL P series:

The TCL P607 is the highest performing model in TCL's range of products. Its picture quality isn't quite as good as the Vizio P Series 2017, but it is pretty close. It's brighter than the Vizio though, which is useful for HDR, and its input lag is significantly better with an HDR input. It's a few hundred dollars cheaper, so if you're looking for a more gaming oriented TV, the TCL P607 is a better choice over the P Series.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #381 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Control YouTube with remote

After the new firmware update, can you control (play, rewind) YouTube with the remote? Or, we still need to use the App?

Many thanks in advance!
post #382 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn L View Post
After the new firmware update, can you control (play, rewind) YouTube with the remote? Or, we still need to use the App?

Many thanks in advance!
Youtube is not one of the apps included in the new update. Maybe in the future it will be added. For the time being you'll need to use the mobile device casting version. The transport buttons work great with all the included apps. A very nice surprise is that Amazon is back.

post #383 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
@Jayviz Actually the folks at rtings say the jump from M to P isnt as wide as it was last year.

The M Series 2017 is a step down in Vizio's product line. It's similar to the P Series 2017 overall, but its local dimming feature is a bit more crude. It also lacks a "gaming" HDMI port, so its input lag is a bit higher. If your usage is mostly centered around movies in a dark room, it can be a good way to save a few hundred dollars as the picture quality is very similar to the P Series.

OR if you are not sold on the Vizio wait until this fall for the 65" TCL P series:

The TCL P607 is the highest performing model in TCL's range of products. Its picture quality isn't quite as good as the Vizio P Series 2017, but it is pretty close. It's brighter than the Vizio though, which is useful for HDR, and its input lag is significantly better with an HDR input. It's a few hundred dollars cheaper, so if you're looking for a more gaming oriented TV, the TCL P607 is a better choice over the P Series.
Even in the dark room, it's not so bright so the image doesn't pop. I set backlight to 100 still the image seems a bit dull.
I wish if Vizio hadn't reduced 64 to 32 FALD for M series. M series is really mediocre from Vizio.
wmarkw likes this.
post #384 of 3334 Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@him7403

The zone count doesn't affect the max brightness of the unit...
And if you set backlight to 100 in HDR.... Well, of course it wouldn't pop, it'd just wash out the image.
sonoftumble likes this.

post #385 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh86 View Post
Just picked up my display last night, love it so far but I have a stuck green pixel - but it's only there during smart cast applications, not for any hdmi inputs - any ideas?
Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone stumbles upon this - I was wrong, the dead/stuck pixel was there regardless of input. I reached out to Vizio support via their online chat. The rep asked me to power cycle and then send a pic of the pixel. They're sending a new set to the local facility, delivering and installing it(!), and taking the old one. Fantastic customer service!
post #386 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 06:17 AM

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how I know if I'm watching HDR content from streaming apps such as Netflix? I hit the info button on the TV retmote and it lists 2160 which I know means it's streaming 4k but to the right it says "Normal". I was under the impression House of Cards streams in HDR and assumed that's the location where I would see HDR listed. I also noticed no TV shows from the Netflix app on the TV indicate HDR. Many will say 4k but none are saying HDR. Can anyone elaborate if the TV is actually streaming HDR and just not telling me? I did buy a Roku Ultra and know it can stream HDR and also tells you which shows are HDR but I'd prefer to return it if the TV can natively stream HDR content from Amazon and Netlifx.

I have the TV set to Calibrated, not sure if I need it on a different setting for HDR? Thanks in advance for any input.
post #387 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb345 View Post
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how I know if I'm watching HDR content from streaming apps such as Netflix? I hit the info button on the TV retmote and it lists 2160 which I know means it's streaming 4k but to the right it says "Normal". I was under the impression House of Cards streams in HDR and assumed that's the location where I would see HDR listed. I also noticed no TV shows from the Netflix app on the TV indicate HDR. Many will say 4k but none are saying HDR. Can anyone elaborate if the TV is actually streaming HDR and just not telling me? I did buy a Roku Ultra and know it can stream HDR and also tells you which shows are HDR but I'd prefer to return it if the TV can natively stream HDR content from Amazon and Netlifx.

I have the TV set to Calibrated, not sure if I need it on a different setting for HDR? Thanks in advance for any input.
It was my understanding that House of Cards streams in 4K but is not offered in HDR or Dolby Vision. I'd say a majority of the 4K content is not. You can try other shows like Marco Polo, The OA, maybe Daredevil and Jessica Jones, Luke Cage. Easiest way is to search for HDR and you will see options appear. But yes, the info button will say either "HDR10" or "Dolby Vision" if the content plays that route.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #388 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
Even in the dark room, it's not so bright so the image doesn't pop. I set backlight to 100 still the image seems a bit dull.
I wish if Vizio hadn't reduced 64 to 32 FALD for M series. M series is really mediocre from Vizio.
I honestly have to completely disagree with this statement. I think the 2017 M is in many ways a massive improvement from the 2016 M, and one I would not call a mediocre product. Is that to say it doesn't have issues? Absolutely not, but few displays are perfect. For starters, there is some DSE on vertical movements, whereas the 2016 was on horizontal. I find this less distracting. Additionally, the 2016 M had splotches of DSE beneath 2:35 black bars, which was very visible even on static shots with blue sky or solid tones. The 2017 doesn't have quite as good black bar detection with content displayed in 2:35 aspect ratio, as I have noticed slight blooming in the black bars. But this is highly difficult to see unless looking for it. I would say overall the backlight is superior to the 2016, even fewer zones. The flaws of the 2016 are nearly identical, especially when it comes to pulsing (like the bar scene early in the film "Allied").

When it comes to brightness, this is a significantly brighter display than the 2016 M. And although Rtings say SDR brightness is the same, it does not appear to be quite identical in my viewing. In fact, even at 46 percent brightness watching Game of Thrones, I practically needed sun glasses. When viewing HDR content, some may be a tad dark during the day ("Arrival" for example), but often people say those shouldn't be watched during daylight anyways due to how dark the photography was. Like I said, not a perfect product, but I am so much happier with this display versus the 2016. And compared to the many of this year's Samsungs at a higher price, a far better value.
post #389 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh86 View Post
Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone stumbles upon this - I was wrong, the dead/stuck pixel was there regardless of input. I reached out to Vizio support via their online chat. The rep asked me to power cycle and then send a pic of the pixel. They're sending a new set to the local facility, delivering and installing it(!), and taking the old one. Fantastic customer service!
I have an odd small line of dead pixels that almost looks like a scratch beneath the outside layer. But honestly, given that it's 4K and I'm a good few feet away, you can't see it. You have to be right in front and know where it is to find it. Given how many replacements I've already had to be sent (due to failing backlight on the 2016 M), I'm going to let this one slide. Hopefully, your replacement doesn't have issues. Just make sure that when the company delivers, power the system up and examine it before you sign the paperwork.
post #390 of 3334 Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFingTwist View Post
It was my understanding that House of Cards streams in 4K but is not offered in HDR or Dolby Vision. I'd say a majority of the 4K content is not. You can try other shows like Marco Polo, The OA, maybe Daredevil and Jessica Jones, Luke Cage. Easiest way is to search for HDR and you will see options appear. But yes, the info button will say either "HDR10" or "Dolby Vision" if the content plays that route.
Thank you for the info. I must have read incorrect info at some point as I was under the impression it did stream HDR. Good to know I can just run the "HDR" search and find HDR videos.

Does anyone happen to know if we're able to cast YouTube in HDR from my iPhone for example? I just received the TV and wanted to see HDR content and I THINK it was casting in HDR because the content was extremely bright and vivid but coming from a 2014 Vizio M obviously even the standard brightness levels will look impressive to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page