Official 2017 Vizio M Series Owners Thread - Page 91 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 542Likes

post #2701 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Unless you’re spending hundreds of dollars for someone to professionally calibrate it, it’s as close to good as you’re gonna get.

And as far as colors being washed out, I think you have an unreal expectation of colors. When I first received the set I used standard and Vivid more than any other.

After I finally calibrated it correctly using Dark calibrated mode I realized how saturated and fake the colors were in standard and especially Vivid.

If you want something to pop keep it in vivid. But don’t expect it to be realistically a great picture.
him7403 likes this.

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
| Spkrs | HSU CCB8 x3 | SVS Prime Elevation x2 | Polk S15 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
Are your display speakers turned off (some multichannel formats won't go to digital output if they are on). I have no ARC issues as long as display speakers are off, and digital out is set to Auto or Bitstream.
Yes the display speakers are off. Very strange. Only getting PCM from TV to receiver for streaming or usb.

and calling the sound i get "static" is wrong. i get a sound like there is info coming through but it can not be processed. "blip, blip, blip" sound.

thanks for the respons.
post #2703 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by user1085 View Post
Same with my M65-E0, the rtings settings look so muted and yellow. I've switched to Vivid and that seems correct to me although sometimes it seems the saturation is bumped up way too much!
Try the rtings calibration. Trust me you won't go back to vivid, it's too artificial.
DaBateman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2704 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUDont View Post
Yes the display speakers are off. Very strange. Only getting PCM from TV to receiver for streaming or usb.

and calling the sound i get "static" is wrong. i get a sound like there is info coming through but it can not be processed. "blip, blip, blip" sound.

thanks for the respons.
Yea you are hearing digital output. Your AVR is not decoding it.
1) HDMI cable running from HDMI1 on TV to an ARC capable port on AVR
1) Display speakers turned off
2) Digital Audio out setting on display is "Bitstream"
3) ARC enable on AVR (without CEC if possible as that can cause issues)
4) AVR set to accept and decode bitstream on its HDMI port (NOT set to fixed PCM/LPCM)
5) Display CEC setting enabled as "ARC Only"
6) Display "Device Discovery" section should list your AVR. If not, select device discovery and or power cycle the AVR.

That covers how I got mine working. Sometimes when turning both on for a session, ARC does not handshake, all that's needed is an AVR power cycle and all is well (happens about 1 out of 20 or so times).
post #2705 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just got my M75 from costco.com two days ago. It is an upgrade from Samsung 60UJ7090 so overall I'm very satisfied thanks to the size and HDR/DV support. Two small let down. First is when I realized it cannot play [email protected] fps Youtube video despite the other TV I got in recent with merely $400 can. It is a LeEco x4-65, the brand is dead in US, so I got this 65 inch demo unit from their warehouse. However it is not a concern as I already planned to buy a "smarter" media streaming box for M75. The second issue is that I noticed those moving blurry regions caused by local dimming. It is very visible with the smartcast or Youtube's loading spinning circle. When I turn off local dimming its gone. I read in early post some people said it is caused by new fw. However I haven't noticed this when playing videos so I think I can get used to it. Still want to confirm with you guys if it is normal. Maybe zoning is too few for 75inch? Thanks,

PS it is really hard to find a single affordable streaming device that can make full use of this TV, with the support of [email protected] + DV + vp9.2 (for Youtube HDR support).
Hopefully the Google I/O in two weeks can reveal something good.
post #2706 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Previously, when I tried to use the youtube app from smartcast, it would tell me to chromecast it. But now the app is working, even though I recall people saying youtube does not have a built-in app in vizio TVs. Did they fix something or am I going crazy
post #2707 of 3292 Old 04-26-2018, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarb View Post
Previously, when I tried to use the youtube app from smartcast, it would tell me to chromecast it. But now the app is working, even though I recall people saying youtube does not have a built-in app in vizio TVs. Did they fix something or am I going crazy
They added YouTube with the latest firmware update.

Thanks to all of us bitching Vizio customers

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
| Spkrs | HSU CCB8 x3 | SVS Prime Elevation x2 | Polk S15 |
post #2708 of 3292 Old 04-28-2018, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Is Dolby Visiion on the built in Vudu app STILL not working on these TVs? Since the last update, my purchase of GoTG2 has been stuck in UHD SDR land. It shows up on my Apple TV as only HD because of Apples spat with Disney. So I have no way of enjoying this visually stunning movie the way I could before that update many weeks ago now. Any hope?
post #2709 of 3292 Old 04-28-2018, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Has anyone else had an issue lately where Vudu is playing video only and no audio?
All of my other cast apps work fine but for this past several days Vudu has been video only with both Dolby vision and HD movies

Edit: realize now it is Atmos titles only. DD+ works fine.
No or intermittent sound passed to stereo which does not play Atmos btw, but worked fine for 3 months

Last edited by klocker; 04-30-2018 at 10:29 AM.
post #2710 of 3292 Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker02910 View Post
Is Dolby Visiion on the built in Vudu app STILL not working on these TVs? Since the last update, my purchase of GoTG2 has been stuck in UHD SDR land. It shows up on my Apple TV as only HD because of Apples spat with Disney. So I have no way of enjoying this visually stunning movie the way I could before that update many weeks ago now. Any hope?
Dolby Vision works for me while streaming Dark Knight
post #2711 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I streamed the new jumanji on Vudu last night and it played in DV, the first time it's done so in many months. The DV logo even appeared in the info banner on my M65-D0.

Did vizio or Vudu quietly roll out a fix?
post #2712 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked: 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior123 View Post
I streamed the new jumanji on Vudu last night and it played in DV, the first time it's done so in many months. The DV logo even appeared in the info banner on my M65-D0.

A few weeks ago. Vudu updated the DV profile for some of it's selection and is slowly rolling out for other titles over time.
post #2713 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 10:03 AM

I changed my Denon X1300 from 1080p TV to Vizio M65-E0. I'm noticing that I can't get the Setup OSD to display on the content that is playing on the TV anymore like on the 1080p TV. The setup OSD now causes a switch of inputs and the audio keeps playing in the background. Anyone else noticing this happening?

Denon X1300W | Klipsch RF 82 II, RC 62 II, R-12SW | Fire TV 3 Pendant, Nvidia Shield TV, Roku Premiere+
post #2714 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user1085 View Post
I changed my Denon X1300 from 1080p TV to Vizio M65-E0. I'm noticing that I can't get the Setup OSD to display on the content that is playing on the TV anymore like on the 1080p TV. The setup OSD now causes a switch of inputs and the audio keeps playing in the background. Anyone else noticing this happening?
I ran into the same issue.

The Denon X1300W can't display the OSD at 4K. It's in the manual.

Later models fix this.
post #2715 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior123 View Post

Yes looks like my movies are playing Dolby Vision again. Yes!! Now hoping they get the FandangoNow app to do 4k/UHD...
post #2716 of 3292 Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JannatilF View Post
Yes looks like my movies are playing Dolby Vision again. Yes!! Now hoping they get the FandangoNow app to do 4k/UHD...
Hmmm....still not working on my only two redeemed so far UHD codes; Hunger Games...Catching Fire and Deepwater Horizon. VuDu app. lists as DV and Atmos. Banner on app says also when playing but tv only says 4k normal and Dolby Audio.

I have a bunch of others but haven't got around to redeeming them and I don't have codes for the other movies recently listed as working; I have the Nolan box sans digital and I only have the 4k disc for the Jumanji reboot.

Anyone with the two I have having any luck. I also noticed that there is no restart movie option on the VuDu app on the TV where I think I can restart movies on my Roku? I'm thinking that mine might be stuck in UHD mode for some reason. I can select chapters and go back to the first but that does not clear the cache and reload?

I don't think I have ever seen this TV jump into HDR or DV with VuDu. Amazon and Netflix, yes all day long. Very annoying that VuDu is not working, but then again I haven't been concentrating on it having the shiny discs and 2 (yes two) shiny new Oppo 203 players.
post #2717 of 3292 Old 05-01-2018, 08:15 AM

Super frustrated right now. Couple of problems.

Just bought LG 970 4K player from BB because of DV (tv is a 65" M Series), YouTube with HDR (I cast everything else), and dual hdmi since I’m not planning on adding more speakers to my 5.1 setup. Receiver is a pioneer elite vsx-42.

1. I can not get audio to stay on more than a second and that’s when I switch from Spanish track to English on 4k discs, it pops on for a second and then nothing. I have tried setting audio to auto and hdmi 2 on the player. Nothing works. I turned off ARC on tv and receiver. This is on discs, usb and apps. I have Hdmi 1 to tv, hdmi 2 to the receiver. When I turn on tv speakers and just have hdmi 1 connected, I get sound from the tv. I also get sound through optical from player to receiver. Hdmi handshake issue? Changed cables and inputs, still no sound.

2. Now with the issues going with hdmi for sound, I think this is directly related. When I turn on Full HD Color on my tv, I get blinking from the set, only time it doesn’t blink is when playing a 4k Disc (no sound obviously). Doesn’t do it with hdmi 1 and tv speakers or with optical from player to receiver.

Unless I totally missed something I might have a bad hdmi 2 port on the player. What are the friggin chances. I am hoping someone can help. I posted in the LG player thread as well, but maybe someone has run into this with their tv
post #2718 of 3292 Old 05-02-2018, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This may be an easily solved issue, but for the life of me I can not figure out how to get the youtube tv app to my smartcast menu. If anyone could assist me in this endeavor I would greatly appreciate it.
post #2719 of 3292 Old 05-03-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Just bought LG 970 4K player from BB because of DV (tv is a 65" M Series), YouTube with HDR (I cast everything else), and dual hdmi since I’m not planning on adding more speakers to my 5.1 setup. Receiver is a pioneer elite vsx-42.

1. I can not get audio to stay on more than a second and that’s when I switch from Spanish track to English on 4k discs, it pops on for a second and then nothing. I have tried setting audio to auto and hdmi 2 on the player. Nothing works. I turned off ARC on tv and receiver. This is on discs, usb and apps. I have Hdmi 1 to tv, hdmi 2 to the receiver. When I turn on tv speakers and just have hdmi 1 connected, I get sound from the tv. I also get sound through optical from player to receiver. Hdmi handshake issue? Changed cables and inputs, still no sound.

2. Now with the issues going with hdmi for sound, I think this is directly related. When I turn on Full HD Color on my tv, I get blinking from the set, only time it doesn’t blink is when playing a 4k Disc (no sound obviously). Doesn’t do it with hdmi 1 and tv speakers or with optical from player to receiver.

Unless I totally missed something I might have a bad hdmi 2 port on the player. What are the friggin chances. I am hoping someone can help. I posted in the LG player thread as well, but maybe someone has run into this with their tv
Ok so from the LG 970 4K player thread i found where u can not have the player in HDMI 1 on tv (for video, HDMI 2 from player goes to receiver for sound) and the receiver HDMI out plugged in to ANY of the other HDMI slots on the tv or the sound will not work on the player and other things go nuts like problem 2 above. In that instance it happened with an ONKYO receiver, i have a Pioneer (We both have the same tv). So their solution is to go all inputs to tv and use optical from tv to receiver for all other inputs. Pain but functional. Problem is I would lose the lossless sound from blurays on my hard drives. Anyone know a work around? is it the receiver or tv causing an issue?
post #2720 of 3292 Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
Hmmm....still not working on my only two redeemed so far UHD codes; Hunger Games...Catching Fire and Deepwater Horizon. VuDu app. lists as DV and Atmos. Banner on app says also when playing but tv only says 4k normal and Dolby Audio.

I have a bunch of others but haven't got around to redeeming them and I don't have codes for the other movies recently listed as working; I have the Nolan box sans digital and I only have the 4k disc for the Jumanji reboot.

Anyone with the two I have having any luck. I also noticed that there is no restart movie option on the VuDu app on the TV where I think I can restart movies on my Roku? I'm thinking that mine might be stuck in UHD mode for some reason. I can select chapters and go back to the first but that does not clear the cache and reload?

I don't think I have ever seen this TV jump into HDR or DV with VuDu. Amazon and Netflix, yes all day long. Very annoying that VuDu is not working, but then again I haven't been concentrating on it having the shiny discs and 2 (yes two) shiny new Oppo 203 players.
Are you casting the movies from your phone's Vudu app or are you playing them directly from the Vudu app built in on the TV? I only get 4k/DV when playing directly from the app on the TV. Tried fantastic beasts and blade runner 2049.
post #2721 of 3292 Old 05-03-2018, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannatilF View Post
Are you casting the movies from your phone's Vudu app or are you playing them directly from the Vudu app built in on the TV? I only get 4k/DV when playing directly from the app on the TV. Tried fantastic beasts and blade runner 2049.
From the app on the TV. I know it should work since all the other apps come through with DV and/or HDR10. It's this stupid profile thing change they did and either forgot or did not want to implement the old into the new Vizio VuDu app. There is a link a bit back in the thread that has the details. I fear that there is something messed up with my Vudu account/app that I don't know how to reset. I still haven't gotten around to hooking up my Roku streaming stick+ but that will be relegated to HDR10 for a number of issues (doesn't support DV and the input on the Oppo does not either).

I own UHD BR2049 but no digital code. Fantastic beasts came in the mail yesterday so I will try that if you can tell me those two worked. I need to go through and activate a code for a movie that someone has indicated works for them. My guess is that the movies I have tried so far have just not been "converted", yet?!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #2722 of 3292 Old 05-03-2018, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so from the LG 970 4K player thread i found where u can not have the player in HDMI 1 on tv (for video, HDMI 2 from player goes to receiver for sound) and the receiver HDMI out plugged in to ANY of the other HDMI slots on the tv or the sound will not work on the player and other things go nuts like problem 2 above. In that instance it happened with an ONKYO receiver, i have a Pioneer (We both have the same tv). So their solution is to go all inputs to tv and use optical from tv to receiver for all other inputs. Pain but functional. Problem is I would lose the lossless sound from blurays on my hard drives. Anyone know a work around? is it the receiver or tv causing an issue?
Similar oddities exist with the Sammy K85 player that many of us also own. The only UHD player I have tried so far that does not loose it's neurons when using split a/v HDMI is the Oppo 203. At least thats not an issue. There are other minor shortcomings etc. with it as well but at least I can get DD+/Atmos to work correctly where with the Sammy it's messed up and it is my AVR causing the issue cuz if I switch disconnect it from the TV then the player will start outputting DD+/Atmos correctly. Seems that with certain TVs and certain AVRs these odd things crop up.
post #2723 of 3292 Old 05-03-2018, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Was having the exact same problem with M75-E1, Sony UBP-X700 player, and Onkyo 806 - no audio with 2nd hdmi out of player to receiver and flickering. Definitely handshake issue. I bought a new Onk920 receiver and problem solved, plus what a sound! Unfortunately, If you want lossless audio, you’ll probably have to move to newer receiver.
post #2724 of 3292 Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
Similar oddities exist with the Sammy K85 player that many of us also own. The only UHD player I have tried so far that does not loose it's neurons when using split a/v HDMI is the Oppo 203. At least thats not an issue. There are other minor shortcomings etc. with it as well but at least I can get DD+/Atmos to work correctly where with the Sammy it's messed up and it is my AVR causing the issue cuz if I switch disconnect it from the TV then the player will start outputting DD+/Atmos correctly. Seems that with certain TVs and certain AVRs these odd things crop up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub_star View Post
Was having the exact same problem with M75-E1, Sony UBP-X700 player, and Onkyo 806 - no audio with 2nd hdmi out of player to receiver and flickering. Definitely handshake issue. I bought a new Onk920 receiver and problem solved, plus what a sound! Unfortunately, If you want lossless audio, you’ll probably have to move to newer receiver.
thank u guys for the responses. puts my mind at ease that its not a bad player. so here comes the conversation with the boss about why we NEED a new receiver.

a note on this player, i had not seen YouTube work as intended since i did not have the ability to see it in HDR. my friends it is extraordinary the quality picture u get when u have a player that can decode that VMR9 or whatever YouTube uses.

now if we can get them to stream some live sports using this, i would pay whatever they ask for it. i watched some recorded soccer games from Real Madrid and Barcelona and almost shed a tear. especially after having to endure comcast quality fuzz on my great new tv.
post #2725 of 3292 Old 05-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:

If you have HDMI 2 from the player connected to the receiver, then it would seem that the issue is between the LG player and the Pioneer receiver and doesn’t involve the display. There is an HDMI audio setting in the Pioneer receiver that should be set to “Amp” and not “Thru”, for example.

After you select “Full UHD Color” in the VIZIO TV for the input that the UHD source is connected to (in this case, the LG UHD BD player), you may have to cycle the power on the source device to enable the HDMI 2.0 handshake with the display. Does it still have an issue after that?

Noyd Communications Inc. representing:
VIZIO, DVDO, 1MORE, Puro Sound Labs
post #2726 of 3292 Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:

thanks for the respons.

The TV will allow bitstream (specifically DTS) from the source device only if the TV speakers are disabled. DTS can be passed through via ARC or SPDIF. Set the TV’s CEC control (under System) to Disabled or ARC Only. See post #2704 of 2725

post #2727 of 3292 Old 05-07-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noydcom View Post
The TV will allow bitstream (specifically DTS) from the source device only if the TV speakers are disabled. DTS can be passed through via ARC or SPDIF. Set the TV’s CEC control (under System) to Disabled or ARC Only
I'm always curious about the suggestion to set CEC control to Disabled or ARC Only. I just bought Vizio SB3651 and connected it by ARC. I also have an andorid tv box so it would be suck if I turn CEC off. I just kept it on.So far I have zero problem. I can pass bitstream DTS or AC3 5.1 from chromecast or android box to the sound bar and verify the output by SmartCast app (and my ear of course).
post #2728 of 3292 Old 05-07-2018, 03:00 PM

This TV does have bluetooth. You knew it when you are pairing it with your phone via SmartCast app.

Why can't we use bluetooth headphone with it then? Has anyone figured it out?
post #2729 of 3292 Old 05-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
Amazon says 15 Mbps for 4K streaming. Netflix says about 25 Mbps. How fast is your Internet - the US average is <20 Mbps? What would the set do with more than 100? I've got a Roku, an AVR, and a BD player which all do streaming and which all connect at 100, because there's no need for more.It's inaccurate. Most people see less that that when they try it.
You can double check the speed of your network through sites like Speedtest.net on a smartphone or laptop situated near the TV. VIZIO recommends a bandwidth of 20 Mbits/sec for smooth, uninterrupted playback of 4K content. A number of variables can affect the bandwidth you receive in your home.

post #2730 of 3292 Old 05-08-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
If you have HDMI 2 from the player connected to the receiver, then it would seem that the issue is between the LG player and the Pioneer receiver and doesn’t involve the display. There is an HDMI audio setting in the Pioneer receiver that should be set to “Amp” and not “Thru”, for example.

After you select “Full UHD Color” in the VIZIO TV for the input that the UHD source is connected to (in this case, the LG UHD BD player), you may have to cycle the power on the source device to enable the HDMI 2.0 handshake with the display. Does it still have an issue after that?
Receiver is set to AMP. Cycled off Receiver, player and TV after enabling Full UHD Color and still have issue. I have settled on all video to TV and optical from TV to receiver. Only 4K Player HDMI 2 to receiver.

Quote:
The TV will allow bitstream (specifically DTS) from the source device only if the TV speakers are disabled. DTS can be passed through via ARC or SPDIF. Set the TV’s CEC control (under System) to Disabled or ARC Only. See post #2704 of 2725
TV speakers disabled. CEC disabled. Will have to play with this more.

Pretty disappointed a 5-6 year old receiver is basically useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page