*Official* 2017 TCL P-Series (55P607) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4309Likes

post #6211 of 6309 Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can someone help me understand ARC on this TV? I'm getting this new Denon AVRX1400H that has ARC. Will this carry audio from the tv apps? Does it carry Atmos audio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 6309 Old 01-08-2019, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaace01 View Post
Can someone help me understand ARC on this TV? I'm getting this new Denon AVRX1400H that has ARC. Will this carry audio from the tv apps? Does it carry Atmos audio?
Yes it will, from ATMOS compatible apps (Vudu but not Netflix). Not sure if the Amazon app on the TCL supports it.
sigmaace01 likes this.
post #6213 of 6309 Old 01-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Yes it will, from ATMOS compatible apps (Vudu but not Netflix). Not sure if the Amazon app on the TCL supports it.
yes, there are a couple of shows on Prime that support both DV & ATMOS (expect more in the future) and the P series supports both.
sigmaace01 likes this.

TCL-65R615, 55P605 DV/HDR10 & 49S405 HDR10, Philips BDP7501, BPD7502 UHD Players
Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93, Marantz AV7702MKII, NR1607. Xbox One S
Emotiva XPA5,UPA2, UPA200 & Mini X Amps
Speakers, Polk SDA-2, Monitor 10A & 5A, Axiom M80,
VP180, QS8, M2, QS4, ATMOS 7.1.4 & 5.1.2 NYGiants!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6214 of 6309 Old 01-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks guys - so I will just need the 1 HDMI between the Denon ARC port and TCL's ARC?
post #6215 of 6309 Old 01-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

yes, but, you will have to enable certain CEC functions in both the TV and the Receiver to get ARC to work properly.

TCL-65R615, 55P605 DV/HDR10 & 49S405 HDR10, Philips BDP7501, BPD7502 UHD Players
post #6216 of 6309 Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question XBox One questions

I have a P605 and had a couple of Xbox One related questions I came across to see if anyone has updates.
1. Xbox One Dolby Vision on this set? Any progress on getting this working or is it a dead issue?
2. The Xbox has a calibration tool in the video settings. When you try to use it blacker than black and whiter than white are crushed like the levels are set wrong. I tried 8, 10, 12 bit color and standard or PC RGB and no matter what it is all crushed. Is this an Xbox problem or TCL problem or what?
3. Any suggestions on proper calibration of content coming from Xbox both in HDR or not?

Thanks for any info.
post #6217 of 6309 Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyty View Post
I have a P605 and had a couple of Xbox One related questions I came across to see if anyone has updates.
1. Xbox One Dolby Vision on this set? Any progress on getting this working or is it a dead issue?
2. The Xbox has a calibration tool in the video settings. When you try to use it blacker than black and whiter than white are crushed like the levels are set wrong. I tried 8, 10, 12 bit color and standard or PC RGB and no matter what it is all crushed. Is this an Xbox problem or TCL problem or what?
3. Any suggestions on proper calibration of content coming from Xbox both in HDR or not?

Thanks for any info.
From TCL CES 2019

In addition, all TCL 5- and 6-Series Roku TVs will receive automatic software updates including Roku OS 9 in the coming months, bringing Spotify support, “Free” Genre Voice Search and compatibility with Dolby Vision HDR on Xbox One X and One S consoles, allowing owners to enjoy the most powerful High Dynamic Range experience in market.
hoyty likes this.
post #6218 of 6309 Old 01-13-2019, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaniac View Post
Does anybody else have an issue with their antenna guide being too dark to read? I believe it's been like this since the last update 8.2.0 build 4170. I've contacted TCL but no help really other than restoring it to factory default.
I found the problem. Apparently the new winter theme makes the writing dark. I changed to other themes and everything went back to normal.
post #6219 of 6309 Old 01-29-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, has anyone had luck adding more USB ports to this TV? I need one for my wireless keyboard but I already have the USB port occupied by something else...😞
post #6220 of 6309 Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 111
well shortly after the warranty expired the remote decided to stop working, sometimes the on/off would work, sometimes it wouldn't, tcl reluctantly told me to keep trying to repair it, reluctantly because my warranty had expired, but that didn't work, so i just went ahead and picked up a replacement remote from amazon (without voice, couldn't find a voice model on amazon at the time), and it worked right out of the box, i was a happy camper.... two weeks later the tv decided to display an ugly black gradient smear on the left side of the screen, from top to bottom, which took up about a 3rd of the screen... changing picture settings helped for a few minutes, then the smear promptly returned...a google search seemed to confirm that it's a diode issue, and that nothing can really be done about it short of having it serviced.... so i had a great tv for just over a year at a great price, but that great price doesn't look that great right now, next time around i'm going to drop a few more bucks for a higher end set, live and learn...
JRG440 likes this.
post #6221 of 6309 Old 02-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
well shortly after the warranty expired the remote decided to stop working, sometimes the on/off would work, sometimes it wouldn't, tcl reluctantly told me to keep trying to repair it, reluctantly because my warranty had expired, but that didn't work, so i just went ahead and picked up a replacement remote from amazon (without voice, couldn't find a voice model on amazon at the time), and it worked right out of the box, i was a happy camper.... two weeks later the tv decided to display an ugly black gradient smear on the left side of the screen, from top to bottom, which took up about a 3rd of the screen... changing picture settings helped for a few minutes, then the smear promptly returned...a google search seemed to confirm that it's a diode issue, and that nothing can really be done about it short of having it serviced.... so i had a great tv for just over a year at a great price, but that great price doesn't look that great right now, next time around i'm going to drop a few more bucks for a higher end set, live and learn...
doesn't make a difference if you paid 10x the amount for a tv, higher end, whatever you want to call it, sometimes, bad things happen. plenty of horror stories in the LG OLED & Sony threads. the amount you pay doesn't guarantee you an absolutely problem free thing.

but, best of luck, keep us posted.

post #6222 of 6309 Old 02-07-2019, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
Any extra warranty via credit card?
TomGallopavo likes this.
post #6223 of 6309 Old 02-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
doesn't make a difference if you paid 10x the amount for a tv, higher end, whatever you want to call it, sometimes, bad things happen. plenty of horror stories in the LG OLED & Sony threads. the amount you pay doesn't guarantee you an absolutely problem free thing.

but, best of luck, keep us posted.
well it has seemed to matter in my corner of the world... this was the first time i've purchased an "economy" tv (or hi-fi electronics for that mater) only to see it go belly up right after the warranty expired, nothing close to this has ever happened with my other purchases from more established brands, so i'm gonna go back to riding that "luck", and revisit economy brands when and if that luck ever runs out.
JRG440 likes this.
post #6224 of 6309 Old 02-12-2019, 10:19 AM
awp

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sure it’s been asked many times before but I can’t seem to get Atmos to pass through on my TCL P607. Does it only work if ARC is on? I have ARC disabled because I just have everything else going through my reciever and always has other issues with ARC.

I have other options like my Xbox One X and Apple TV 4K for Atmos but was wondering if I used the TCL apps like Vudu and Netflix if there was a way to get it to pass through without ARC enabled.
post #6225 of 6309 Old 02-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Sure it’s been asked many times before but I can’t seem to get Atmos to pass through on my TCL P607. Does it only work if ARC is on? I have ARC disabled because I just have everything else going through my reciever and always has other issues with ARC.

I have other options like my Xbox One X and Apple TV 4K for Atmos but was wondering if I used the TCL apps like Vudu and Netflix if there was a way to get it to pass through without ARC enabled.
no, you should leave those devices connected to your receiver. if you want atmos from sources supported via apps on your TCL, then, you would have to enable ARC to get both audio and atmos audio from those that support it.

since you state you use your other devices for atmos audio via apps, then, no, you don't need to have ARC enabled in the TCL unless you decide you want to get those apps via the TCL.

post #6226 of 6309 Old 02-12-2019, 11:04 AM
awp

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post

no, you should leave those devices connected to your receiver. if you want atmos from sources supported via apps on your TCL, then, you would have to enable ARC to get both audio and atmos audio from those that support it.

since you state you use your other devices for atmos audio via apps, then, no, you don't need to have ARC enabled in the TCL unless you decide you want to get those apps via the TCL.
Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it required ARC. Since it does, I’ll stick with my current arrangement.
post #6227 of 6309 Old 02-27-2019, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyty View Post

Thanks for any info.
We’re you able to figure out the crushing with the blacks and whites? I would really like to have it display the full range of black and whites that it’s supposed to. I have the same tv and an X1X. I’m patiently wating on OS 9 so it will finally support Dolby Vision on my console, hopefully improving some of the compatible content.
post #6228 of 6309 Old 03-04-2019, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobbyVision View Post
We’re you able to figure out the crushing with the blacks and whites? I would really like to have it display the full range of black and whites that it’s supposed to. I have the same tv and an X1X. I’m patiently wating on OS 9 so it will finally support Dolby Vision on my console, hopefully improving some of the compatible content.
Are the 2017 P series getting OS9 ?
post #6229 of 6309 Old 03-05-2019, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSvt2 View Post
Are the 2017 P series getting OS9 ?
Yes.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
post #6230 of 6309 Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 214
About time!!!

Introducing the new Roku skill for Alexa
https://blog.roku.com/alexa

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p)
post #6231 of 6309 Old 03-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hdr xbox one x help?!

To start, This is literally my first post, so I want to apologize up front if this is being done wrong and or the wrong area. I’m at my wits end and I truly have searched far and wide and have came back with nothing. The short of it is my HDR when activated makes everything look “foggy,” more noticeable in games bc I play them quite a bit. Now I know I don’t have an epic OLED set. I’m well aware of that. However, every review I’ve seen, every discussion between people that have this tv says the HDR makes everything more vibrant, colors look sharper, blacks look blacker etc. I’ve copied a multitude of different settings and for the life of me I can reproduce this. It’s not me being picky, literally when the HDR is off games look fantastic, bright and beautiful. When it’s turned on it’s color is muddy, drowned out, foggy, nothing pops, nothings sharp. I want to believe there’s a simple explanation to this, but I’m coming up with nothing. Is it possible it’s something wrong with the tv? Is that even possible? If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it! Even if it’s to point me in the direction of where I could find help, anything! It’s been a year now, and for awhile I just gave up and turned off my hdr and just let it be, but recently the more I’m playing games that benefit heavily from it, it makes me more upset that I bought this tv with this feature and I’m not using it. Also, not sure if it’s helpful but it’s still under warranty with Best Buy’s geek squad protection program. Thanks for any and all help! Sincerely I do!
post #6232 of 6309 Old 03-11-2019, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2121 View Post
To start, This is literally my first post, so I want to apologize up front if this is being done wrong and or the wrong area. I’m at my wits end and I truly have searched far and wide and have came back with nothing. The short of it is my HDR when activated makes everything look “foggy,” more noticeable in games bc I play them quite a bit. Now I know I don’t have an epic OLED set. I’m well aware of that. However, every review I’ve seen, every discussion between people that have this tv says the HDR makes everything more vibrant, colors look sharper, blacks look blacker etc. I’ve copied a multitude of different settings and for the life of me I can reproduce this. It’s not me being picky, literally when the HDR is off games look fantastic, bright and beautiful. When it’s turned on it’s color is muddy, drowned out, foggy, nothing pops, nothings sharp. I want to believe there’s a simple explanation to this, but I’m coming up with nothing. Is it possible it’s something wrong with the tv? Is that even possible? If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it! Even if it’s to point me in the direction of where I could find help, anything! It’s been a year now, and for awhile I just gave up and turned off my hdr and just let it be, but recently the more I’m playing games that benefit heavily from it, it makes me more upset that I bought this tv with this feature and I’m not using it. Also, not sure if it’s helpful but it’s still under warranty with Best Buy’s geek squad protection program. Thanks for any and all help! Sincerely I do!

I don’t have this issue. Keep in mind that the setting profiles change when HDR or DV are activated, so you have to reset everything while in those modes. Past that the rtings settings are what I use and they work great. Be sure:

Profile is HDR Darker
Sharpness is 0
Backlight is max
Gamma 2.0 (done through expert settings on app)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCL 55P605
XBL & Steam: Atomic TreeDude
post #6233 of 6309 Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Over the past few months I've noticed that my TCL randomly disconnects from my router which is right next to the TV wirelessly.

I have a tp-link router. Recently today I can't get it to connect after I reboot. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #6234 of 6309 Old 03-12-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
Over the past few months I've noticed that my TCL randomly disconnects from my router which is right next to the TV wirelessly.

I have a tp-link router. Recently today I can't get it to connect after I reboot. Any suggestions?

Have you tried rebooting the router? Good practice, once a month or so.
post #6235 of 6309 Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

if it's that close to the router why not use ethernet?

post #6236 of 6309 Old 03-26-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Just got the 9.0.0.4151 update showing on my tv. Anyone try this yet? Looks like it may have issues. https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.ph...38026&start=90
post #6237 of 6309 Old 03-26-2019, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Mine automatically updated to 9.0.0 Build 4151-30 today. Every time I switch from HDMI 1 (DVR) to HDMI 2 (AFTV4K) the screen flickers rapidly multiple times. The home menu's are also laggy, I already unplugged and power cycled but it's still happening. Factory reset time?
post #6238 of 6309 Old 03-26-2019, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG440 View Post
Mine automatically updated to 9.0.0 Build 4151-30 today. Every time I switch from HDMI 1 (DVR) to HDMI 2 (AFTV4K) the screen flickers rapidly multiple times. The home menu's are also laggy, I already unplugged and power cycled but it's still happening. Factory reset time?
youtube froze on mine after first power up after update and my Xbox One X with HDR on the screen was super dark till i switched inputs and then back and I have NEVER had a single issue with my tv.
post #6239 of 6309 Old 03-26-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG440 View Post
I would. It's a good practice after a firmware update, especially if you see issues such as this.
post #6240 of 6309 Old 03-26-2019, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I’m having issues after new update also. I can’t get Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision to work from AppleTv 4K. HDR will work but Not Dolby Vision. When Dolby Atmos is being used I don’t get any sound. I’ve tried everything. Changed HDMI cables , reset both tv receiver, different AppleTv. Nothing works. Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision works fine on Xbox One after update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page