2017 Samsung Q7F/Q7C Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 217Likes

post #271 of 559 Old 01-23-2018, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I’m looking for help/advice. Please excuse my general lack of AV knowledge. I bought a 75” Samsung q7f around Xmas time and am pretty impressed in general. The problem that I have been having is with white light bleeding from the edges on black scenes or on movies where the top and bottom edges are black. I’ve been on the phone with Samsung multiple times and sent them pictures which I will attach. They say that they don’t see a problem in the pictures. They finally agreed to send me a new connector box, which I’m not confident will fix the issue. The problem is less evident if I turn the brightness down, but then the screen is too dark. Is this an issue others are having or perhaps just an issue with my tv? Any other ideas for solution? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 559 Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
That looks terrible. I have no clouding and even backlighting and my black bars are pretty black. They should replace that panel under warranty..
post #273 of 559 Old 01-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRep View Post
That looks terrible. I have no clouding and even backlighting and my black bars are pretty black. They should replace that panel under warranty..

Do you have ambient light detection turned on or off? Did you change any other settings?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 559 Old 01-24-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDR View Post
Do you have ambient light detection turned on or off? Did you change any other settings?

I have all of the eco solution options turned off.
post #275 of 559 Old 01-27-2018, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How do you get a portable external SSD to work with this TV? I copied some movies onto the drive and connected via USB. The TV does not acknowledge anything is connected, but the LED on the device is showing power. I even tried two different SSD. I even tried the higher voltage USB port and it made no difference. I am out of ideas. Do you have to purchase a special Samsung hard drive that can handshake with the TV?
post #276 of 559 Old 01-27-2018, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Try a Flash Drive instead.

---------------------------------------
Samsung 75Q9FN, OPPO UDP-205, Radiance 2043
Win 10 Pro x64 1903
HT Enthusiast Extended Custom WF v19.3.0 - 7/5/2019
HT Enthusiast Essentials Custom WF v1.2.0 - 7/5/2019
post #277 of 559 Old 01-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post
Try a Flash Drive instead.
I already use a flash drive for files less than 4gb. I want to store files that are larger. The TV info says you can connect HDDs to the TV.
post #278 of 559 Old 01-30-2018, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had a Q7 65" for a couple months now and it's working great.
I am ready to install it on the wall can anyone recommend a bracket with full articulation?

I'm looking at this one from Amazon.
ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for Flat Screen TVs w/ VESA patterns EGLF1-BK
The reviewers say you will need longer bolts to install.
post #279 of 559 Old 01-30-2018, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netbookjunkie View Post
I am ready to install it on the wall can anyone recommend a bracket with full articulation?

ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for Flat Screen TVs w/ VESA patterns EGLF1-BK
Go and check Monoprice. They have great selection of wall mounts and super good prices. Same goes for cables.
post #280 of 559 Old 01-30-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I’m looking for help/advice. Please excuse my general lack of AV knowledge. I bought a 75” Samsung q7f around Xmas time and am pretty impressed in general. The problem that I have been having is with white light bleeding from the edges on black scenes or on movies where the top and bottom edges are black. I’ve been on the phone with Samsung multiple times and sent them pictures which I will attach. They say that they don’t see a problem in the pictures. They finally agreed to send me a new connector box, which I’m not confident will fix the issue. The problem is less evident if I turn the brightness down, but then the screen is too dark. Is this an issue others are having or perhaps just an issue with my tv? Any other ideas for solution? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

To follow up on my Samsung saga: I have been in contact with Samsung customer service no less than 4 times. The first time they were short and basically told be that they would email me a list of procedures to go through prior to any intervention on their part. I received the email and did a screen reset, then factory reset, as well as change multiple other setting to no avail.

Second call: They had me do the same procedures as the email directed me to do. They insisted I do them again, despite me telling them multiple times that I just went through all of that. I reset all the settings again to no avail......again. Then they said that they couldn't help me unless they had pictures. They gave me an email address and I sent the pictures immediately while I was on the phone. That guy said that he could no longer help and the pictures needed to be evaluated by someone else.

I get a message several days later with a message saying that they received the pictures and reviewed them and to call them back.

Third call: I talked to a rep who had no idea regarding the pictures and tried to get me to go through the same reset procedures again. I told her that I'd already gone through the procedures multiple times without any success. She insisted that I do the whole thing again, so I did, to no avail....again. After that she asked me a litany of other questions mostly pertaining to how I could have possibly damaged the tv. At the end of this call they settled on sending me a new one connect box.

Once the once connect box arrived I hooked it up and re-paired the remote. No difference. Still same poor quality picture.

Fourth call: I speak to another rep who seems oblivious to the previous calls, pictures sent, one connect box exchange, and the many reset procedures. First thing she wants me to do is, you guessed it, the reset procedures. I emphatically refuse at this point. I explain the entire situation. She eventually agrees to have a technician come out and evaluate the tv.

The tech calls and says that he can come the same day. He comes out and evaluates the TV and sees the problem and acknowledges the issue. He calls someone on a video call who looks at the tv, through a phone video camera, and says that he doesn't see anything out of spec. He then says that if the tech replaces the panel and they determine that its not out of spec, the repair company will be charged for the panel. He then clearly states while on the phone that there would have to be light bleeding more than two inches from the edge of the screen and you wold see a little ball of light for it to out of spec (which is exactly what the problem is). The light bleed is WAAAAAY more than two inches from the edge. The tech who has seen the issue in person, knows and acknowledged to me before the call that the light bleed issue if for more than 2 inches from the edge, says "thats what I was afraid of" and hangs up.

I questioned the tech regarding why he didn't share that the problem was clear in person and he said that he didn't know for sure that if they replaced the panel that they would be reimbursed. He then started talking about how hard it is to make the screen line up just right and how sometimes just the jarring around during shipping can cause these issues. I understood but explained to him that that isn't good enough for me. I understand that there are potentials for error with shipping, engineering, manufacturing, but at the end of the day I want the product that I paid for. I'm not going to accept a TV that I can't watch movies on. He took some other pictures, which showed the issue clearly, and is going to show them to his regional rep and get back to me. I understand where the tech is coming from as he doesn't want to be responsible for paying for a panel if the deem that it is not out of spec when it is returned to Samsung. Very frustrating.

I'm very disappointed with Samsung at this point. Any other suggestions as far as where to go from here if they don't agree to fix/replace the tv? Anyone else had similar experience?
post #281 of 559 Old 01-30-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloguy628 View Post
Go and check Monoprice. They have great selection of wall mounts and super good prices. Same goes for cables.
So I'm looking for a bracket when I check that site out which bracket do you recommend? And it should be articulating.
post #282 of 559 Old 01-31-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
To follow up on my Samsung saga: I have been in contact with Samsung customer service no less than 4 times. The first time they were short and basically told be that they would email me a list of procedures to go through prior to any intervention on their part. I received the email and did a screen reset, then factory reset, as well as change multiple other setting to no avail.

Second call: They had me do the same procedures as the email directed me to do. They insisted I do them again, despite me telling them multiple times that I just went through all of that. I reset all the settings again to no avail......again. Then they said that they couldn't help me unless they had pictures. They gave me an email address and I sent the pictures immediately while I was on the phone. That guy said that he could no longer help and the pictures needed to be evaluated by someone else.

I get a message several days later with a message saying that they received the pictures and reviewed them and to call them back.

Third call: I talked to a rep who had no idea regarding the pictures and tried to get me to go through the same reset procedures again. I told her that I'd already gone through the procedures multiple times without any success. She insisted that I do the whole thing again, so I did, to no avail....again. After that she asked me a litany of other questions mostly pertaining to how I could have possibly damaged the tv. At the end of this call they settled on sending me a new one connect box.

Once the once connect box arrived I hooked it up and re-paired the remote. No difference. Still same poor quality picture.

Fourth call: I speak to another rep who seems oblivious to the previous calls, pictures sent, one connect box exchange, and the many reset procedures. First thing she wants me to do is, you guessed it, the reset procedures. I emphatically refuse at this point. I explain the entire situation. She eventually agrees to have a technician come out and evaluate the tv.

The tech calls and says that he can come the same day. He comes out and evaluates the TV and sees the problem and acknowledges the issue. He calls someone on a video call who looks at the tv, through a phone video camera, and says that he doesn't see anything out of spec. He then says that if the tech replaces the panel and they determine that its not out of spec, the repair company will be charged for the panel. He then clearly states while on the phone that there would have to be light bleeding more than two inches from the edge of the screen and you wold see a little ball of light for it to out of spec (which is exactly what the problem is). The light bleed is WAAAAAY more than two inches from the edge. The tech who has seen the issue in person, knows and acknowledged to me before the call that the light bleed issue if for more than 2 inches from the edge, says "thats what I was afraid of" and hangs up.

I questioned the tech regarding why he didn't share that the problem was clear in person and he said that he didn't know for sure that if they replaced the panel that they would be reimbursed. He then started talking about how hard it is to make the screen line up just right and how sometimes just the jarring around during shipping can cause these issues. I understood but explained to him that that isn't good enough for me. I understand that there are potentials for error with shipping, engineering, manufacturing, but at the end of the day I want the product that I paid for. I'm not going to accept a TV that I can't watch movies on. He took some other pictures, which showed the issue clearly, and is going to show them to his regional rep and get back to me. I understand where the tech is coming from as he doesn't want to be responsible for paying for a panel if the deem that it is not out of spec when it is returned to Samsung. Very frustrating.

I'm very disappointed with Samsung at this point. Any other suggestions as far as where to go from here if they don't agree to fix/replace the tv? Anyone else had similar experience?

I had my Q7 panel replaced once by a technician, but I was still unhappy. So, I complained again and then they exchanged for a whole new TV. I have no issues now. My initial issue was excessive vertical banding (firmware was updated). There was no clouding, bleeding or anything else.

But the whole process was pretty good for me when it came to customer service from Samsung. They didn't push back for anything. They understood and escalated all my claims.
post #283 of 559 Old 01-31-2018, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Question What IR extender works with the Q7 series?

[QN65Q7FAMFXZA]

In a call to Samsung, they said this TV is bluetooth, so no IR extender is available. But I rarely use the enclosed silver few-button remote. I believe I am using an IR remote. Model BN59-01179A.

So the better question might be, what model of IR extender will accept signals from this other many-button remote and also is compatible with the one connect? Am I correct the extender is plugged into the "ex-link" port?
post #284 of 559 Old 01-31-2018, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnface View Post
The white sticker on the box it shipped in.
The sticker has model no# SN#
Version: AA01 or FA02.
I have AA01 55 inch.
I have a 55 inch Q7, version FA02. One thing I have noticed is a very strong, anti-glare filter. It seems a much stronger filter than the 65 inch versions I have seen in the store, also version FA02. The 65 inch models seemed much glossier than the 55 inch models I have seen, either AA01 or FA02. I wonder if a different filter is used in the 2 sizes? I think I prefer the glossier, although I have gotten used to the stronger filter which is more like a movie screen. But is this filter somehow glued on to the glass screen, and can it carefully be peeled off? I think I have heard of this before with other models, and I was just wondering. But I will probably leave it be, just curious.
post #285 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I have a 55 inch Q7, version FA02. One thing I have noticed is a very strong, anti-glare filter. It seems a much stronger filter than the 65 inch versions I have seen in the store, also version FA02. The 65 inch models seemed much glossier than the 55 inch models I have seen, either AA01 or FA02. I wonder if a different filter is used in the 2 sizes? I think I prefer the glossier, although I have gotten used to the stronger filter which is more like a movie screen. But is this filter somehow glued on to the glass screen, and can it carefully be peeled off? I think I have heard of this before with other models, and I was just wondering. But I will probably leave it be, just curious.
I initially had AB03 on my Q7 then replaced the panel which was version AA04 then replaced a whole new tv that has panel FB04....this new panel is so much better.
post #286 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 6569 Post(s)
Liked: 6568
Quote:

The peerless articulating units are the best I have seen they are far more cost but you can look at them and see the quality difference......
post #287 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Presuming you kept everything that was in the box, you will need the 4 black plastic spacer tubes to use a vesa mount.

You will also need 4 8M X 43-45mm bolts. The spacer tubes allow the panel to mount perfectly vertical due to the "thin top - wide bottom" of the panel back.

Samsung 75Q7F, ATV4K, Tivo Roamio OTA, RF-20
post #288 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post
[QN65Q7FAMFXZA]

In a call to Samsung, they said this TV is bluetooth, so no IR extender is available. But I rarely use the enclosed silver few-button remote. I believe I am using an IR remote. Model BN59-01179A.

So the better question might be, what model of IR extender will accept signals from this other many-button remote and also is compatible with the one connect? Am I correct the extender is plugged into the "ex-link" port?

I'm currently using a Samsung BN59 01180A.
It's definitely better for me as I'm not into the "voice" thing.
It also has many buttons that turn out to be shortcuts compared to the metal BT remote.
I'm getting at least 25 feet of range (measured) and at about 150 degree angle.
Have you checked if your batteries are fresh and your emitter is clean?
Just how much range do you need?

post #289 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewlew View Post
Presuming you kept everything that was in the box, you will need the 4 black plastic spacer tubes to use a vesa mount.

You will also need 4 8M X 43-45mm bolts. The spacer tubes allow the panel to mount perfectly vertical due to the "thin top - wide bottom" of the panel back.
Thank you for your reply. I am in the market for a bracket and haven't purchased one yet. I'll keep this info. for the immediate future.
post #290 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The peerless articulating units are the best I have seen they are far more cost but you can look at them and see the quality difference......
Excellent. Hmm. Can I buy one from you guys?
post #291 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 12609 Post(s)
Liked: 11808
Quote:

Does the smart led setting change anything?

Next step would be to file a complaint on BBB.org
post #292 of 559 Old 02-01-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Does the smart led setting change anything?

Next step would be to file a complaint on BBB.org
No luck with changing any settings. I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday so we'll see if that leads to anything. Unfortunate thing is I could have just sent the TV back for a refund but I didn't because I thought it would be easier to just have it replaced via warranty. Didn't even cross my mind that they would give me a hard time at all. After messing around with the warranty process, its past the return period.......
post #293 of 559 Old 02-02-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I'm currently using a Samsung BN59 01180A.
It's definitely better for me as I'm not into the "voice" thing.
It also has many buttons that turn out to be shortcuts compared to the metal BT remote.
I'm getting at least 25 feet of range (measured) and at about 150 degree angle.
Have you checked if your batteries are fresh and your emitter is clean?
Just how much range do you need?
You misunderstand. I'm looking for an IR extender. The IR port is on the bottom of the TV, and my center speaker means I have to raise the remote above eye level.
post #294 of 559 Old 02-02-2018, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRep View Post
I initially had AB03 on my Q7 then replaced the panel which was version AA04 then replaced a whole new tv that has panel FB04....this new panel is so much better.
Is the new panel glossier or more matte style? I have just noticed a difference on the 55 inch and the 65 inch with the FA02 panels. The 65 inch always seems glossier, shinier, and the 55 inch always has more of a filter like a movie screen.
post #295 of 559 Old 02-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post
You misunderstand. I'm looking for an IR extender. The IR port is on the bottom of the TV, and my center speaker means I have to raise the remote above eye level.
Ah, I see! Have you tried bouncing the IR signal off the ceiling? My IR signal strength is so strong I can do this with ease.

post #296 of 559 Old 02-03-2018, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Ah, I see! Have you tried bouncing the IR signal off the ceiling? My IR signal strength is so strong I can do this with ease.
Amazingly, that works! At least for now, until I find the right extender. Thank you.
Update: There is no IR extender for this model. There is no port into which one would connect the extender.

Last edited by cglenn; 02-21-2018 at 10:18 AM.
post #297 of 559 Old 02-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Read about half this thread. Not even completely sure of or if my model number belongs here. I got it from Costco, 55Q75F if that is even the correct model. It's not on the box, receipt or manual. My best guess is it is a model sold only by Costco.

Based on that alone I may return this set. It has been hard to get specific information on my set. All suggestions so far are for the Q7 sets and there seems to be some differences.

I called Samsung tech support but to ask about the expert settings and when the foreign born agent asked to take control of my set I recalled concerns about smart TVs spying on you.

That's not a major concern but is something to think about. Just startled me. Will figure out how to disable it later.

I'm not sure if the HDR is being used. I can't find any display saying it is being used. I can see the settings in the setup menus on both the TV and Oppo udp 203. Do I need to run my HDMI straight to the TV bypassing my Marantz av7702 mkll, does that cause the HDR to not display properly.

Another thing I'm not happy with is how on some UHD movies the motion is terrible. The same movie on Blu-ray looks much better. I would say there is not much improvement from 4k .

I have more concerns but don't want to overwhelm the thread.
post #298 of 559 Old 02-05-2018, 02:39 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Is the new panel glossier or more matte style? I have just noticed a difference on the 55 inch and the 65 inch with the FA02 panels. The 65 inch always seems glossier, shinier, and the 55 inch always has more of a filter like a movie screen.
sent you a pm ref your posts
post #299 of 559 Old 02-05-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:

I have the 65 inch and it seems semi-glossy. But, its not distracting as it handles reflections well.
post #300 of 559 Old 02-05-2018, 07:57 AM

there is a new firmware update 1156.0 out now

has anyone upgraded yet? any changes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page