Right now Costco has the 75" M series for $1,999. Kind of makes this a hard bargain even at $2k, but it does compete in some categories.
Admittedly 32 zone FALD at 75" will not work especially well, it still should be at least be better than no local dimming at all on the edge lit C series. From what I'm seeing o nrtings.com side by side comparison:
- Both 60hz panels
- Both have similar great native contrast (over 5000:1)
- Both support HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- M series gets significantly brighter in HDR content
- M Series has much better viewing angle for black level and black uniformity
- C series upscales 480p/720p content better, all Vizios struggle here
- C series has a notably wider color gamut, both have a WCG though
- C series has among the best input lag in the business, M series is mediocre by comparison
- Roku interface on C series > Smartcast on M series
Definitely some gives and takes. Still think M series has the edge with the 32 zone FALD, but the C series makes some compelling arguments.