Recommendation for a gaming tv? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Recommendation for a gaming tv?

Hello I recently purchased an OLED tv that I placed in the living room. I use that tv strictly for movies and tv shows. After reading some threads I?m afraid if I game on it I will develop image retention or burn in.

So now I?m hoping to get a tv that will be mostly used for gaming. I plan on placing the tv in my room since my wife and I don?t have a tv in our room at the moment? Any good tv recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzcoyotex3 View Post
Hello I recently purchased an OLED tv that I placed in the living room. I use that tv strictly for movies and tv shows. After reading some threads I?m afraid if I game on it I will develop image retention or burn in.

So now I?m hoping to get a tv that will be mostly used for gaming. I plan on placing the tv in my room since my wife and I don?t have a tv in our room at the moment? Any good tv recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I'm kind of in the same boat as I am looking for a bedroom TV but mainly for TV watching and occasionally video games.

This will be my first 4K TV as I have yet to upgrade my 60" (living room) and 65" (basement) plasmas.

I'm looking for a 49-50 TV.

I've been eyeing the Sony XBR49X900E and Samsung UN49MU7000.

Mike

xbox/psn: duke63031
post #3 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

I?ve heard from some people that it is best to stay away from the Samsung MU series(they say that for the price you can get a better tv. I don?t own one though so don?t take my word on it.) I?ve looked into the X900E I?m able to get the 55? for 850, but I?ve also been looking at the QLED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
I?ve heard from some people that it is best to stay away from the Samsung MU series(they say that for the price you can get a better tv. I don?t own one though so don?t take my word on it.) I?ve looked into the X900E I?m able to get the 55? for 850, but I?ve also been looking at the QLED.
What's with all the ? marks?
post #5 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Typing from an iPhone. Apostrophes turn into question marks for some reason.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 PM
DTI

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Had a js9000 curved 65 inch what was supposed to be a good gaming lcd it had problems with the screen
picked up a mu8000 75 for free under warranty I have to tell you its a awesome tv for gaming a lot better than the js9000 even for movies its decent and they were selling cheap a few weeks back

DIY dust box / hush box / ceiling light... http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...633/7qBblE.jpg
post #7 of 7 Old 11-14-2017, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post
Quote:

Had a js9000 curved 65 inch what was supposed to be a good gaming lcd it had problems with the screen
picked up a mu8000 75 for free under warranty I have to tell you its a awesome tv for gaming a lot better than the js9000 even for movies its decent and they were selling cheap a few weeks back
I never owned one like I said, I just heard that for the same price you can get a better tv. I payed 1340 for my OLED so I am trying to pay less than 1k for a decent tv since I already own one I would consider excellent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page