75" 940e or 75" 900e - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By KSpan
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
75" 940e or 75" 900e

Hi all, I want to upgrade my 55" Sony to 75", either 940e or 900e. I watch mostly TV from cable and Shield TV (1080p and some 2160p movies), Netflix. I don't have 4K Blu-ray player yet.

From what I read, there are 3 major differences: X1 extreme processor, slim backlight drive+, and the speaker. Is it worth to pay $4500 for 940e while I can get 900e for $2800 now? I care about the picture quality but is it $1500 difference between the 2?

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by cuibap; 12-16-2017 at 05:59 AM.
cuibap is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Hi all, I want to upgrade my 55" Sony to 75", either 940e or 900e. I watch mostly TV from cable and Shield TV (1080p and some 2160p movies), Netflix. I don't have 4K Blu-ray player yet.

From what I read, there are 3 major differences: X1 extreme processor, slim backlight drive+, and the speaker. Is it worth to pay $4500 for 940e while I can get 900e for $2800 now? I care about the picture quality but is it $1500 difference between the 2?

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
34 views and no one to bother to help?

Sony XBR-X940E; Yamaha RX-A1060; Nvidia Shield TV; OPPO BDP-93; Yamaha RX-A1070
cuibap is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
That’s because the question you are asking is entirely subjective, and ultimately only one that you can answer for yourself. For some people, the 940e is worth the extra $1500 over the 900e. For others it is not. It’s a value judgment that others really can’t make for you.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk373 View Post
That’s because the question you are asking is entirely subjective, and ultimately only one that you can answer for yourself. For some people, the 940e is worth the extra $1500 over the 900e. For others it is not. It’s a value judgment that others really can’t make for you.
I know it is subjective but that didn't stop others from discussing other subjective topics so why stop here? I read both 900e and 940e forums but it is easier to have one discussion thread on this topic. I am sure others like myself can benefit such a discussion.
cuibap is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
How long to you usually keep your TVs? The 940E is better, and if you usually keep a TV at least 5 years or more before upgrading, it's a no-brainer to go for it. If you're the type who upgrades every year or every other year the value proposition may change.

The 940E will also be Dolby Vision compatible while the 900E won't be, so that's another benefit to keep in mind for when you do get a UHD Blu-Ray player.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
TuteTibiImperes is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteTibiImperes View Post
How long to you usually keep your TVs? The 940E is better, and if you usually keep a TV at least 5 years or more before upgrading, it's a no-brainer to go for it. If you're the type who upgrades every year or every other year the value proposition may change.

The 940E will also be Dolby Vision compatible while the 900E won't be, so that's another benefit to keep in mind for when you do get a UHD Blu-Ray player.
I Plan to keep at least 3 years. Do you think the picture quality on 940e is A LOT better than the 900e?
cuibap is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
I know it is subjective but that didn't stop others from discussing other subjective topics so why stop here? I read both 900e and 940e forums but it is easier to have one discussion thread on this topic. I am sure others like myself can benefit such a discussion.
Here’s the thing: it’s *your* money, not mine. Whether I think the 940e is worth the extra $1,500 is irrelevant to whether *you* think it’s worth it. That $1500 might mean more or less to me than it means to you.

The 940e is clearly the better TV over the 900e. It’s a brighter TV with 250+ FALD zones, and will be Dolby Vision compatible. Whether you want to spend the extra money for it is a value decision only you can make.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is online now  
post #8 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Hi all, I want to upgrade my 55" Sony to 75", either 940e or 900e. I watch mostly TV from cable and Shield TV (1080p and some 2160p movies), Netflix. I don't have 4K Blu-ray player yet.

From what I read, there are 3 major differences: X1 extreme processor, slim backlight drive+, and the speaker. Is it worth to pay $4500 for 940e while I can get 900e for $2800 now? I care about the picture quality but is it $1500 difference between the 2?

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I’ll help you out without being a jerk like some. The 940E is definitely a better TV and a significant upgrade over the 900E. Side by side comparison of each is obvious. Picture, features and technology definitely a big step up in the 940E. Email [email protected] for the best deal on a brand new Sony authorized 940E. Just received my set from him and I am very satisfied with my purchase and the experience.
milellie111 is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
I’ll help you out without being a jerk like some. The 940E is definitely a better TV and a significant upgrade over the 900E. Side by side comparison of each is obvious. Picture, features and technology definitely a big step up in the 940E. Email [email protected] for the best deal on a brand new Sony authorized 940E. Just received my set from him and I am very satisfied with my purchase and the experience.
Thanks. Didn't know this is a sensitive topic for some. Just want to ask for their opinions and looks like some got offensive.

I read some reviews online and still can't decide. I like the best quality possible but if the picture quality of 4k is the same (says 10 vs. 9.5) or upscale from Blu-ray 1080p (say 10 vs. 9) then I will definitely get the 900e. I don't care too much about Dolby Vision since it is not the standard of HDR. They still talk about the plus version of the standard HDR.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-X940E; Yamaha RX-A1060; Nvidia Shield TV; OPPO BDP-93; Yamaha RX-A1070
cuibap is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 04:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Thanks. Didn't know this is a sensitive topic for some. Just want to ask for their opinions and looks like some got offensive.

I read some reviews online and still can't decide. I like the best quality possible but if the picture quality of 4k is the same (says 10 vs. 9.5) or upscale from Blu-ray 1080p (say 10 vs. 9) then I will definitely get the 900e. I don't care too much about Dolby Vision since it is not the standard of HDR. They still talk about the plus version of the standard HDR.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
A much closer comparison would be whether or not the reference quality Z9D is worth $3000 more than the flagship 940E. After seeing both, I would say no. The 940E is just that good and close to the Z9.

But the 940E is totally in a different class than the 900E and yes you can definitely notice the difference. It would almost be like trying to convince yourself that the Mercedes E class is almost the same as the S class.

And if you email Chris at Cleveland Plasma for price, the 940E is a no brainer.
milellie111 is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
A much closer comparison would be whether or not the reference quality Z9D is worth $3000 more than the flagship 940E. After seeing both, I would say no. The 940E is just that good and close to the Z9.

But the 940E is totally in a different class than the 900E and yes you can definitely notice the difference. It would almost be like trying to convince yourself that the Mercedes E class is almost the same as the S class.

And if you email Chris at Cleveland Plasma for price, the 940E is a no brainer.
Looks like I will be getting 940e then. Coming from the 55HX929 so I probably won't be happy with the 900e. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-X940E; Yamaha RX-A1060; Nvidia Shield TV; OPPO BDP-93; Yamaha RX-A1070
cuibap is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
It’s not about being “sensitive” or “offensive”. Indeed, I don’t see where you think anything I said was offensive. I said the 940e is clearly the better set, but that I can’t tell you whether it should be worth an extra $1500 to you.

I’ll be blunt. To me, a question like that is a way of trying to shift the responsibility of making the purchase decision to someone else. If I tell you the 940e is $1500 better and you end up being disappointed, you have someone to blame.

It’s one thing to ask which set is better, it’s quite another to ask if one is worth spending an extra $1500. Again, the answer is some people would say yes, others would say no.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is online now  
post #13 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
UnfoldingSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Looks like I will be getting 940e then. Coming from the 55HX929 so I probably won't be happy with the 900e. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The 940e is definitely a nice purchase, I would hesitate to use an unauthorized dealer and not get a manufacturer warranty out of it. The better idea is to use a price match guarantee credit card, buy the tv from Best Buy or another authorized dealer, and then price match the price to Cleveland Plasma after the fact.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom
UnfoldingSquid is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I'll offer a counter-point here. The 940E is objectively better but it's more of a "very good vs excellent" situation than a "good vs. bad". To my eyes the 900E looks great and the 940E is certainly not 50% better PQ, especially when factoring in the slower pixel-response rate inherent to the 940E panel. Since your timeframe is 3 years an alternate question to ask might be if Dolby Vision is absolutely necessary in that timeframe; if it is then the 940E is your only option. If it's not though, then it comes down to if you believe that the PQ is 50% better and worth 50% more money.
Radvlad and Mike Johnson 3 like this.
KSpan is online now  
post #15 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
The 940e is definitely a nice purchase, I would hesitate to use an unauthorized dealer and not get a manufacturer warranty out of it. The better idea is to use a price match guarantee credit card, buy the tv from Best Buy or another authorized dealer, and then price match the price to Cleveland Plasma after the fact.
Cleveland Plasma is authorized, I bought my 940C from Chris there.

The only downside is you can’t play the panel lottery exchange game with them, they’ll take it back and replace it if the set is defective or has shipping damage, but subtle issues require you to go direct to Sony. At least Sony’s QC seems to be very good.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
TuteTibiImperes is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
UnfoldingSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Looks like I will be getting 940e then. Coming from the 55HX929 so I probably won't be happy with the 900e. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteTibiImperes View Post
Cleveland Plasma is authorized, I bought my 940C from Chris there.

The only downside is you can’t play the panel lottery exchange game with them, they’ll take it back and replace it if the set is defective or has shipping damage, but subtle issues require you to go direct to Sony. At least Sony’s QC seems to be very good.
Another factor I forgot to mention, what do you use the TV for? If just TV shows and movies the 940E is superior but if gaming and/or sports the 940E suffers from motion issues whereas the 900E does not. If doing anything with fast motion save money and go with the 900E. Also of note, rtings.com doesn't list them with much of a difference; the 900E gets an 8.1 from them and the 940E gets an 8.2, if I were buying I'd save money and get the 900E but that's my opinion.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom
UnfoldingSquid is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk373 View Post
It’s not about being “sensitive” or “offensive”. Indeed, I don’t see where you think anything I said was offensive. I said the 940e is clearly the better set, but that I can’t tell you whether it should be worth an extra $1500 to you.

I’ll be blunt. To me, a question like that is a way of trying to shift the responsibility of making the purchase decision to someone else. If I tell you the 940e is $1500 better and you end up being disappointed, you have someone to blame.

It’s one thing to ask which set is better, it’s quite another to ask if one is worth spending an extra $1500. Again, the answer is some people would say yes, others would say no.
I'm looking for some experts advise and if you can't give me your opinion, that's fine. I will make the decision myself but I need some guidance. That's all I'm asking for.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-X940E; Yamaha RX-A1060; Nvidia Shield TV; OPPO BDP-93; Yamaha RX-A1070
cuibap is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MCaugusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BOSTON --- MA ---
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 348
If you want to get a professional answer to this comparison you should go to Rtings.com then click on All TV Reviews, then select "Side By Side Comparison" and choose Sony 940E vs. Sony 900E.
That extremely long comparison table gives you all you need/want to know about both sets.

Then go to another well regarded online A/V site, HDTVtest.com, select All TV Reviews, click on Sony, press filter, then read their extensive reviews of both sets.

I have owned a Sony 940E since the beginning of September and often times i still find myself amazed by its picture; I don't know if i was one of the "lucky ones" but my set has NO banding, NO dark screen edges, NO obvious blooming/halos, NO screen "blotches", NO dead pixels that i can see, NO detectable and unacceptable screen motion issues, etc, etc.

If having Dolby Vision is essential for your needs then keep in mind the 900E does not have it due to its video processing chip, whereas the 940E will have it eventually, as stated by Sony.

If i may suggest, considering the size, fragility and price of these sets, purchase yours locally just in case you bring it home and find screen problems and need to make a quick return/exchange.
If purchasing online, my main question to the vendor would be "what is your return policy and what exactly does it imply". You might be surprised how many online dealers do not accept direct returns due to unacceptable screen performance and tell customers they must deal with the manufacturer, otherwise there will be re-stocking fees as high as 15% of total cost.

Last edited by MCaugusto; 12-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.
MCaugusto is online now  
post #19 of 22 Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cuibap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
If you want to get a professional answer to this comparison you should go to Rtings.com then click on All TV Reviews, then select "Side By Side Comparison" and choose Sony 940E vs. Sony 900E.
That extremely long comparison table gives you all you need/want to know about both sets.

Then go to another well regarded online A/V site, HDTVtest.com, select All TV Reviews, click on Sony, press filter, then read their extensive reviews of both sets.

I have owned a Sony 940E since the beginning of September and often times i still find myself amazed by its picture; I don't know if i was one of the "lucky ones" but my set has NO banding, NO dark screen edges, NO obvious blooming/halos, NO screen "blotches", NO dead pixels that i can see, NO detectable and unacceptable screen motion issues, etc, etc.

If having Dolby Vision is essential for your needs then keep in mind the 900E does not have it due to its video processing chip, whereas the 940E will have it eventually, as stated by Sony.

If i may suggest, considering the size, fragility and price of these sets, purchase yours locally just in case you bring it home and find screen problems and need to make a quick return/exchange.
If purchasing online, my main question to the vendor would be "what is your return policy and what exactly does it imply". You might be surprised how many online dealers do not accept direct returns due to unacceptable screen performance and tell customers they must deal with the manufacturer, otherwise there will be re-stocking fees as high as 15% of total cost.
Thanks. I did go to the rting.com and reviewed it but there are many items that I don't understand. I lean towards 940e from the start but need to ask for opinions before pulling the trigger. I have never bought TV online so it has to be from a local BM store.
cuibap is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Thanks. I did go to the rting.com and reviewed it but there are many items that I don't understand. I lean towards 940e from the start but need to ask for opinions before pulling the trigger. I have never bought TV online so it has to be from a local BM store.
If you're leaning towards the 940E, just go with the 940E. If you're anything like me and you go the cheaper route you'll end up dissecting the picture on the 900E and constantly wondering if it might have been better if you'd gone with the 940E. As they say, the bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. (not that the 900E is poor quality, but the 940E is certainly better).

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
TuteTibiImperes is offline  
post #21 of 22 Old 12-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
I'll offer a counter-point here. The 940E is objectively better but it's more of a "very good vs excellent" situation than a "good vs. bad". To my eyes the 900E looks great and the 940E is certainly not 50% better PQ, especially when factoring in the slower pixel-response rate inherent to the 940E panel. Since your timeframe is 3 years an alternate question to ask might be if Dolby Vision is absolutely necessary in that timeframe; if it is then the 940E is your only option. If it's not though, then it comes down to if you believe that the PQ is 50% better and worth 50% more money.
I think that you nailed it on the head. If you don’t care about Dolby Vision, get the x900e and save $1,500. If you care about Dolby Vision, then you have no choice but to get the x940e as it will never be available on the x900e. Finally, if you care about Dolby Vision I would wait until Sony actually updates its 2017 sets w/DV. I wouldn’t buy now on the promise that the update is going to happen.

In case you're wondering, my setup: Sony 65x930E, Denon x3200W, 2 Martin Logan 35XT, 1 ML Motion 8 Center Channel, and 1 ML Dynamo 700W Sub.
Radvlad is offline  
post #22 of 22 Old 12-18-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KidHorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Derwood, Maryland
Posts: 5,426
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1849 Post(s)
Liked: 1280
If you can get to a best buy, go there and see for yourself. I have a 940c which is like a 940e, except from a couple of years ago and it's an excellent TV.
KidHorn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off