Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2017, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Sony XBR 55 Z9D?

I don't mind waiting, but I'm 67 and I don't want to wait until I'm dead (although my beneficiearies might feel otherwise).

As we are all well aware, the 2018 "new-TV season" is just around the corner. How likely do you think it is that Sony will introduce either a 55" Z9D or, alternatively, a 930e (or 930f ) that has a similar number of FALD led zones that the 940e has, while at the same time being as bright as the present 930e and retaining all of the 930e's other great characteristics?

And while I'm typing, what is the 2018 likelihood of an OLED that has 1400 nits and no burn-in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2017, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3708 Post(s)
Liked: 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve View Post
I don't mind waiting, but I'm 67 and I don't want to wait until I'm dead (although my beneficiearies might feel otherwise).

As we are all well aware, the 2018 "new-TV season" is just around the corner. How likely do you think it is that Sony will introduce either a 55" Z9D or, alternatively, a 930e (or 930f ) that has a similar number of FALD led zones that the 940e has, while at the same time being as bright as the present 930e and retaining all of the 930e's other great characteristics?

And while I'm typing, what is the 2018 likelihood of an OLED that has 1400 nits and no burn-in?

Doubtful that the 930 series will move away from edge lighting , we may see a refreshed Z series next year but I don’t see a 55” version being rolled out. As far as OLED is concerned they continue to get brighter but 1400 nits is a bit of a stretch , there is always going to be some Ir risk with emissive displays I don’t see that changing . I never had any Ir or burnin issues when I was an OLED owner .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #3 of 3 Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve View Post

Approaching 0 percent for both questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page