Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Jeez! You already have to sit within 4 feet of a 60-inch display in order to benefit fully from the resolution. 8K seems a big leap much too soon. I can't distinguish 4k movies from the same movie in 2k and I sit 8 feet back from my 60-inch display, which is how far back you must sit in order to be able take in the screen. Any closer and the edges of the screen are in the periphery. I really don't see much use for 8k for anything short of 120-inch display. That's not going to fit in most homes.
My hockey games are still broadcast at 720p 30fps. What I would rather see that would really improve the experience is higher frame rates. We should be reaching for 120fps for content, 60fps at a minimum. Movies are still 24fps. Foolish that we are going for 8K.
My two cents.
- Onkyo P304 Pre-Amp, Onkyo M504 Amp, Bose 901 x 2.
- Sony STR-DE197, Bose 301 x 2. - Technics SA-424, JBL L110 x 2.
- Denon AVR-X4300H, Klipsch 7.2.2 - RP-260F x 2, RP-450C, RB-61 II x 4, R-115SW, R-112SW, RP-140SA x 2
- Denon AVR-X2200W, Klipsch 6.1 - RB-61 II x 2, RP-250C, R-25C, R-15M x 2, R-112SW.
- Onkyo HT-R510, Onkyo SKS-HT200 6.1 (SKF-200F x2, SKF-200C, SKM-200S x 3, SKW-200).