2018 Samsung Q9FN ''Owners thread'' ''No price talk'' - Page 234 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11311Likes

post #6991 of 11203 Old 11-09-2018, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro3579 View Post
Got my replacement tv and got it up and running. . Love this tv. I am glad I pulled the trigger on the q9fn75
Congrats on your purchase . You have a world class TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 11203 Old 11-09-2018, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7613 Post(s)
Liked: 7672
post #6993 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1195 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glammer19 View Post
My Q9FN was delivered today and have been testing it out using PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I’ve been using a 55W900 for the last 5 years and it’s been fantastic, but I wanted to upgrade to 4K HDR.

Initial impressions were excellent, that was until I tried some 30 FPS games. First I played Assassins Creed Origins and then Far Cry 5. I expected to be blown away but I couldn’t believe the amount of doubling images I was seeing when in motion. I was using game mode (not game Motion Plus or Freesync), and it was just horrible. I tried changing settings but couldn’t get rid of this effect. I then switched back to my W900 and the difference is smoothness and eye comfort was massive.

I have been trying to find out what is causing this difference and my theory is the use of PWM. My W9 doesn’t use it, but the Q9 does, and at 120hz in game mode. If anyone has any other suggestions as to what it may be I’d be grateful to hear them.

If I can’t find a fix (doubtful now) then the Q9 is going back, I can’t stant 30fps motion like that.

Not sure whether to go X900F (also has PWM but at a much higher 720Hz) or LG C8, bearing in mind this is primarily for gaming.
Quote:
Got my replacement tv and got it up and running. . Love this tv. I am glad I pulled the trigger on the q9fn75
Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks

---------------------------------------
Samsung 75Q9FN, Pioneer UDP-LX500, Outlaw 975, Sony TA-N9000ES
i!Display Plus, VideoForge Pro, CalMAN Home Enthusiast, Win 10 Pro x64 2004
HT Enthusiast Extended Custom WF v22.0.0 - 1/8/2020
HT Enthusiast Essentials Custom WF v1.2.0 - 7/5/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6994 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post
Quote:
My Q9FN was delivered today and have been testing it out using PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I’ve been using a 55W900 for the last 5 years and it’s been fantastic, but I wanted to upgrade to 4K HDR.

Initial impressions were excellent, that was until I tried some 30 FPS games. First I played Assassins Creed Origins and then Far Cry 5. I expected to be blown away but I couldn’t believe the amount of doubling images I was seeing when in motion. I was using game mode (not game Motion Plus or Freesync), and it was just horrible. I tried changing settings but couldn’t get rid of this effect. I then switched back to my W900 and the difference is smoothness and eye comfort was massive.

I have been trying to find out what is causing this difference and my theory is the use of PWM. My W9 doesn’t use it, but the Q9 does, and at 120hz in game mode. If anyone has any other suggestions as to what it may be I’d be grateful to hear them.

If I can’t find a fix (doubtful now) then the Q9 is going back, I can’t stant 30fps motion like that.

Not sure whether to go X900F (also has PWM but at a much higher 720Hz) or LG C8, bearing in mind this is primarily for gaming.
Quote:
Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I didn't purchase mine for gaming. I have gaming monitors for that. But yes, I would be disappointed also if that is what I purchased it for.
Hopefully it's just settings.
post #6995 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Brand new Q9FN 75 inch owner here. Before buying it, I spent the last couple of months reading this thread. Thanks to everyone for the incredible amount of information I was able to learn from it. I kept seeing posts from Cleveland Plasma. That got me curious, so I investigated and found that they have tons of positive reviews. So I reached out to them and Chris got me an incredible deal. I couldn’t be happier. Don’t hesitate to give him a shout if you’re looking.
AnotherDude likes this.
post #6996 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Anyone put it on the wall using Vogel's 'Thin 545 wall mount ? . (I'm about to)
post #6997 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I didn't purchase mine for gaming. I have gaming monitors for that. But yes, I would be disappointed also if that is what I purchased it for.
Hopefully it's just settings.
My theory is that the motion duplication I’m seeing is due to PWM. My W905 doesn’t use it, but the Q9 does, and according to Rtings even though the Q9 PWM is rated at 480hz, when using game mode this value drops to 120hz. Coming from a tv without PWM to one with 120hz is what is causing the jarring difference imo. The Q9 is being returned, and I’ll probably wait for next years LCDs and hope for a PWM free tv (unlikely) or try my luck with an LG C8.
post #6998 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
My theory is that the motion duplication I’m seeing is due to PWM. My W905 doesn’t use it, but the Q9 does, and according to Rtings even though the Q9 PWM is rated at 480hz, when using game mode this value drops to 120hz. Coming from a tv without PWM to one with 120hz is what is causing the jarring difference imo. The Q9 is being returned, and I’ll probably wait for next years LCDs and hope for a PWM free tv (unlikely) or try my luck with an LG C8.
I'm Curious, do you see this effect with your eyes standing still? Or do you see it when you move your eyes side to side? On my Sony 940E I have seen multiple trailing images if I move my eyes side to side, while a stationary bright object is on the screen. Like a dimly lit room with a single candle flame for example. I have yet to determine what is responsible for that.
post #6999 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm Curious, do you see this effect with your eyes standing still? Or do you see it when you move your eyes side to side? On my Sony 940E I have seen multiple trailing images if I move my eyes side to side, while a stationary bright object is on the screen. Like a dimly lit room with a single candle flame for example. I have yet to determine what is responsible for that.
I see it when looking at the screen and rotating camera in game, it’s well documented that PWM causes this duplicating I’m seeing, and maybe I’m just more sensitive to it than others. If you mean in real life, then yes, if I move my eyes quickly then a bright object (I notice this effect with traffic lights in the dark) does cause multiple images. I don’t know what causes it either
post #7000 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12883 Post(s)
Liked: 12257
Quote:
Originally Posted by klystron78 View Post
For those who remember me, I received a new tv today from Samsung. The issue with the bottom row appears to be gone. I notice two issues with this set and I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight.

I went into the service menu to turn on the cal day/night modes. I notice with the menu comes up it says ERR and smoething is missing in the unit. The production date, for example is --/--/----. I never used the service menu on my old set to compare. Is this normal? I also notice that there is an EW diagnostic which does a screen pattern but it says "FAILURE" next to it. Maybe that's just what it says until you run it, but I have no idea.

The other issue I notice is minor, but when in the service menu there is no dimming which is fine. Having no signal means that the image behind should be black with some light bleed. There's a pretty noticeable cloud of light in the lower left corner, but not quite touching the absolute corner of the screen. I notice when I shake the tv a bit the image ripples as well. This tv came with a puncutured box, and it doesn't appear anything hit the tv (would have been the back) but I'm not completely clear on it.

If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know. I can try and get pictures of the service menu stuff. The other issue certainly won't show up on any camera I have. I may not worry about the clouding problem as it isn't noticeable with dimming on anyway.

Also test patterns all look perfect on this set with no banding whatsoever. White uniformity was a bit better on the old set, but it also seemed to get better on the old set over time.

Not happy that Samsung took almost 2 months to resolve my issue.

LCD tvs look horrible with dimming turned off. That's normal.
post #7001 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Are there any recommended settings on the forum for this tv? Just picked one up last night and got it hooked up. Have it on movie mode, but not completely satisfied with any of the picture modes.
post #7002 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:

Hi friend, I come from the same TV and have the same problem. The reason this happens is because Samsung's backlight (PWM) always flickers a 120hz, except in movie mode where it's something like 480hz, while Sony 55w900 flickers at a MUCH higher rate, regardless of the frame rate or refresh rate of the source. The only partial solution is to use Motion Plus Settings -> Judder Reduction set to max (works on sub 60 fps material) and or Blur Reduction (up-samples 60fps or above to 120fps). This will effectively remove the double images, note to that enabling Judder Reduction does incur a very small amount input-lag and you can get some interpolation artifacts as well but it may very well be worth it on 30fps material. On 60fps material you can instead enable LED Clear Motion (Black Frame Insertion) and you will get amazingly clear motion, without double images and the TV doesn't dim that much, still plenty bright (not in HDR tho).

I've been wanting to upgrade to a 4K HDR capable TV for some time and I love Sony's image quality and motion handling but as a big gamer Samsung is the only LCD manufacturer (Vizio is not available in EU where I live) that focuses on low input-lag across all resolutions 720/1080/4k and gaming features, they even support 1440p at 120hz which is pretty amazing. Sony on the other hand completely lost it after the W900 series and all other sets has had poor input-lag until very recently and then only at 4k or else add one frame of upscale lag or more on top of the input-lag. The funny thing is that the Q9FN is clearly made with gaming in mind but the fact it looks so horrible in 30fps and not the best in 60fps is a BIG failure in my opinion. Tho, this is much less visible when the content has motion blur, like in movies, still there is a faint 120hz flicker to statick images where the Sony is completely calm. If you have a modern game that supports motion blur it can definitely help with hiding the double images, but it still sucks. If all this is unacceptable you could potentially look at Sony's Z9F(ZF9) as it has low input-lag across all resolutions. That TV is probably among the best right now but it does have one major flaw and that it has a very poor native contrast ratio, and even with back light dimming enabled it still suffers from noticeable blooming causing grayish blacks, this is a hilarious unacceptable joke being the successor to ZD9, which has among the best local dimming and contrast on the market to day, despite being a couple of years old. On the plus side, it's HDR is brighter than Q9FN and has EXTREMELY good viewing angles for an LCD TV, near OLED levels. I was seriously considering buying this set but it has taken ages for it to arrive and I couldn't wait for it and then the news of the blooming came and I decided to go with Samsung. The simple truth is you and I have been spoiled by the nearly flawless 55W900 these last years and currently there is no TV on the market that is without flaws at the moment, you simply have to compromise. I think OLED look amazing but then you can't use it as a monitor or grind a game like I do with Tekken without static content like life bars burning-in. Also now that I've tried HDR in Fortza Horizon 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I just want an even brighter set, I'm actually upgrading to the Q900R because of this, and I couldn't imagine gaming on an OLED with a peak brightness of only 750 nits.

A good test page for motion handling is the TestUFO.com
Glammer19 likes this.

Last edited by JoelArt; 11-10-2018 at 08:56 PM.
post #7003 of 11203 Old 11-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterC View Post
Are there any recommended settings on the forum for this tv? Just picked one up last night and got it hooked up. Have it on movie mode, but not completely satisfied with any of the picture modes.
There is a Setting thread for the TV here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...gs-thread.html
post #7004 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Can the q9fn be used as a smart hub? Or do I need to buy one?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7005 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArt View Post
Hi friend, I come from the same TV and have the same problem. The reason this happens is because Samsung's backlight (PWM) always flickers a 120hz, except in movie mode where it's something like 480hz, while Sony 55w900 flickers at a MUCH higher rate, regardless of the frame rate or refresh rate of the source. The only partial solution is to use Motion Plus Settings -> Judder Reduction set to max (works on sub 60 fps material) and or Blur Reduction (up-samples 60fps or above to 120fps). This will effectively remove the double images, note to that enabling Judder Reduction does incur a very small amount input-lag and you can get some interpolation artifacts as well but it may very well be worth it on 30fps material. On 60fps material you can instead enable LED Clear Motion (Black Frame Insertion) and you will get amazingly clear motion, without double images and the TV doesn't dim that much, still plenty bright (not in HDR tho).

I've been wanting to upgrade to a 4K HDR capable TV for some time and I love Sony's image quality and motion handling but as a big gamer Samsung is the only LCD manufacturer (Vizio is not available in EU where I live) that focuses on low input-lag across all resolutions 720/1080/4k and gaming features, they even support 1440p at 120hz which is pretty amazing. Sony on the other hand completely lost it after the W900 series and all other sets has had poor input-lag until very recently and then only at 4k or else add one frame of upscale lag or more on top of the input-lag. The funny thing is that the Q9FN is clearly made with gaming in mind but the fact it looks so horrible in 30fps and not the best in 60fps is a BIG failure in my opinion. Tho, this is much less visible when the content has motion blur, like in movies, still there is a faint 120hz flicker to statick images where the Sony is completely calm. If you have a modern game that supports motion blur it can definitely help with hiding the double images, but it still sucks. If all this is unacceptable you could potentially look at Sony's Z9F(ZF9) as it has low input-lag across all resolutions. That TV is probably among the best right now but it does have one major flaw and that it has a very poor native contrast ratio, and even with back light dimming enabled it still suffers from noticeable blooming causing grayish blacks, this is a hilarious unacceptable joke being the successor to ZD9, which has among the best local dimming and contrast on the market to day, despite being a couple of years old. On the plus side, it's HDR is brighter than Q9FN and has EXTREMELY good viewing angles for an LCD TV, near OLED levels. I was seriously considering buying this set but it has taken ages for it to arrive and I couldn't wait for it and then the news of the blooming came and I decided to go with Samsung. The simple truth is you and I have been spoiled by the nearly flawless 55W900 these last years and currently there is no TV on the market that is without flaws at the moment, you simply have to compromise. I think OLED look amazing but then you can't use it as a monitor or grind a game like I do with Tekken without static content like life bars burning-in. Also now that I've tried HDR in Fortza Horizon 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I just want an even brighter set, I'm actually upgrading to the Q900R because of this, and I couldn't imagine gaming on an OLED with a peak brightness of only 750 nits.

A good test page for motion handling is the TestUFO.com
Thank you for your reply, I thought I was the only one seeing this and my tv was faulty. Ive just boxed up my Q9 and it’s being picked up on Friday. I loved everything else about the tv, but that motion in 30fps games was painful to see for me. I tried using the tv outside of game mode with 480hz PWM and it was a little better, but way behind my W9. The problem is that nearly all tvs use this PWM now and I don’t think I could ever get used to it, and using an oled solely for gaming is asking for trouble. So it looks like I’m keeping the W9 and hoping for better in next years tvs (although that is very doubtful). Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
JoelArt likes this.

Last edited by Glammer19; 11-11-2018 at 08:41 AM.
post #7006 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I'm in the market for a new 65" set, and I'm strongly leaning towards the Q9FN. It will not be used for gaming, just for TV and movies in a room that has a lot of ambient light during the day. I'd be interested in feedback from people who own the set in a similar viewing environment. Are you happy with it? Are there any things you don't like about it or that I should be aware of? Are there any other sets worth considering?
post #7007 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
Can the q9fn be used as a smart hub? Or do I need to buy one?

You need to buy a SmartThings hub to integrate TV with your smart home devices. I have the hub and I can see my Hue lights as well as Ring doorbell in the SmartThings app on TV, but I can't control them with the voice button on the remote. As far as Ring... I see it in the list and get notifications for motion detection or when someone rings the bell, but I can't get the video to show up on TV. I feel like it's supposed to work better but I can't figure it out and there's zero documentation besides the very basic setup instructions.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom
post #7008 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 205
That's really good to know because I was considering a Ring Pro bundle on sale at BB. I guess I'll be holding off on that endeavour for the time being so thanks for posting @UnfoldingSquid
post #7009 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Been lurking in here for a couple of weeks, and finally made up my mind on the Q9FN. Just set it up yesterday after coming from a MU6300 and am astounded at the PQ! The Freesync in Xbox games definitely solidified the decision. I’m a burgeoning enthusiast, but certainly no complaints with the set as of yet.
UnfoldingSquid likes this.
post #7010 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I'm in the market for a new 65" set, and I'm strongly leaning towards the Q9FN. It will not be used for gaming, just for TV and movies in a room that has a lot of ambient light during the day. I'd be interested in feedback from people who own the set in a similar viewing environment. Are you happy with it? Are there any things you don't like about it or that I should be aware of? Are there any other sets worth considering?
There are a ton of posts in this thread with people like me who have a lot of ambient light in their rooms and got this TV just for that reason. One of the most underrated positives of this TV is how well it handles reflections. I love the TV, especially for the way it displays colors. I love the Natural Picture mode the best which with a couple of minor tweaks wows everyone I show the set too.

The only annoyance I currently have is the way the TV handles motion with YouTubeTV which forces me to go in and out of settings to turn motion settings on and off depending if I'm watching as an example Netflix versus YouTubetv. It's a minor inconvenience I can live with since I'm not afraid of the settings menu.
gweempose likes this.
post #7011 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithian View Post
The only annoyance I currently have is the way the TV handles motion with YouTubeTV which forces me to go in and out of settings to turn motion settings on and off depending if I'm watching as an example Netflix versus YouTubetv. It's a minor inconvenience I can live with since I'm not afraid of the settings menu.
Would this be the same with regular YouTube content? I don't subscribe to YouTube TV, but my kids and I do watch a lot of stuff on YouTube.
post #7012 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Would this be the same with regular YouTube content? I don't subscribe to YouTube TV, but my kids and I do watch a lot of stuff on YouTube.
For me every other source be it Netflix, Amazon prime, vudu, etc has been fine, but if I do watch YouTube I only watch regular short videos, not shows, but for regular videos I don't notice the same anomaly. If I do, it's a simple turning off of a setting called Auto Motion Plus and it looks fine. Unlike most here I actually like it the Soap Opera Effect and with auto motion off on youtubetv I can't have it lol
post #7013 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 205
haha it's almost "brave" to post that! I too like Natural mode, for everything but movies; however, I'm not a fan of the SOE.
post #7014 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyYYZ View Post
haha it's almost "brave" to post that! I too like Natural mode, for everything but movies; however, I'm not a fan of the SOE.
I've always been brave in these forums. My very first post was a thread in the OLED threads asking if OLEDs were overrated lol.
post #7015 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappanachos View Post
Been lurking in here for a couple of weeks, and finally made up my mind on the Q9FN. Just set it up yesterday after coming from a MU6300 and am astounded at the PQ! The Freesync in Xbox games definitely solidified the decision. I’m a burgeoning enthusiast, but certainly no complaints with the set as of yet.

This is how this forum has always drove me crazy trying to figure out stuff. Literally 4 posts above yours are two people saying how bad gaming is on this set, and then you come along...all is good. I don't have any reason to disbelieve any of you. People see things differently, people don't see certain things or more sensitive to certain issues, some people come from cheap TV's where any TV is an improvement. So many factors. One minute I'm reading a post that makes me say, finally a clear cut reason to not buy this TV....then poof, I'm right back to square one again....lol
post #7016 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So if a game is 30fps on an Xbox One X vs 60fps, the PWM causes issues? I played Red Dead II on a Q8FN and it ran like butter. It runs in 30fps.
post #7017 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked: 378
This is easily one of the best TV's I've ever gamed on

Keithian likes this.
post #7018 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitormang View Post
So if a game is 30fps on an Xbox One X vs 60fps, the PWM causes issues? I played Red Dead II on a Q8FN and it ran like butter. It runs in 30fps.
To really see this effect clearly, play any game where you can pan the camera so the background sweeps around you fairly quickly and turn of all Motion Blur, then you will see multiple images called Motion Duplication.

Here is an excerpt from Rtings.com: "The Samsung Q9 uses PWM to dim the backlight, and it flickers regardless of backlight setting. Similar to the Q8FN, the backlight flicker changes depending on settings. In 'Movie' mode it flickers at 480 Hz which should not be noticeable to most people and doesn't cause any motion duplication."

But..... "When in 'Game' or 'Standard' mode, or when 'Auto Motion Plus' is enabled, the backlight changes to a more noticeable 120 Hz flicker." This is the cause of double images at 60fps and quadruple images at 30fps. There is only one way to mitigate this, by enabling (Game) Motion Plus Settings -> Judder and Blur Reduction. But that introduces a bit of lag, not terribly so in Game mode but still, I would have preferred a really high Backlight flicker (Pulse Width Modulation) at all times instead. My older Sony's backlight doesn't flicker at all and that gives the smoothest calmest image you can imagine. There probably are some good reasons for cost and feature set that Samsung decided to do it this way but is simply sux when you've seen better.
post #7019 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitormang View Post
I bought my Q9 75" primarily for gaming and it is a dedicated "game room". I rarely use to for anything else. With that said, I have had really no issues with gaming and it has been the best gaming set I have had. My previous sets that I used in this same room, same seating distance were:

Sony 65" ZD9
LG 65" E7 OLED
Sony 75" 900F
Samsung Q9 65"*

The 900F I returned almost immediately because the quality imho was not up to par to LG or the ZD9. The 65" Samsung I had some serious banding issues with three sets and my wife said "get the 75". I did not hesitate.

Back to gaming though, I have had very little issues. The only game where I noticed what some call the blurring or double type of image is with Sea of Thieves on Xbox/Xbox One X. For some reason, that game has it, but slightly. I can get rid of it using Game Motion plus. Outside of that all other games that are 30fps are perfect and had zero issues. It is just a fantastic set for gaming. I don't use the Freesync features since I don't want to give up on my Atmos set up while gaming for the games that support that or my 7.2 set up for games that don't do Atmos. I am just hoping Samsung brings eARC since my Denon now has it.

-Hawkmoon
post #7020 of 11203 Old 11-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArt View Post
I would have preferred a really high Backlight flicker (Pulse Width Modulation) at all times instead.

Well it seems the set can do it, but why not Game Mode? Seems like quite a substantial feature if it is ruining the PQ.

What the hell is Samsung's deal lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page