2018 Samsung Q9FN ''Owners thread'' ''No price talk'' - Page 361 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11210Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10801 of 10867 Old 01-06-2020, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
“Support” and “works well” are two different beasts. @dnorth12 have you tried pairing something to see how it works?

Just reread the initial question. So you already know it supports a2dp, what other profiles are you even wondering about?
Mike Credelle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10802 of 10867 Old 01-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Member
 
dnorth12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
“Support” and “works well” are two different beasts. @dnorth12 have you tried pairing something to see how it works?

I have tried other earbuds and they all have latency issues.


I finally confirmed with Samsung that the only profile that the Q9FN supports is A2DP.


Thanks for the responses.
dnorth12 is offline  
post #10803 of 10867 Old 01-07-2020, 05:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Nighthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Bluetooth headphones connected to these TV's directly have too much latency. Connect it to source directly if you have any other for better results. (source being something else than the TV itself)
Nighthog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10804 of 10867 Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Newest FW UPDATE has lowered my overall brightness as well as local dimming now has blooming and with static logos looks like my 40zone q8fn. I knew Samsung wouldn't allow a superior tv to the 2019 line be bought for 1800 on Amazon and keep performance the same. Before this update Netflix user accounts would create no blooming. Now there's alot of light and zones are not shutting completely off. Also I'm noticing some kind of brightness dimming on game mode. An example would be right before an online game it shows teammates stats. The screen will be bright but u can then see a dip in brightness and it gets lower in brightness. I don't have any eco settings on. I regret keeping my tv online.
esosa17237 is offline  
post #10805 of 10867 Old 01-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by esosa17237 View Post
Newest FW UPDATE has lowered my overall brightness as well as local dimming now has blooming and with static logos looks like my 40zone q8fn. I knew Samsung wouldn't allow a superior tv to the 2019 line be bought for 1800 on Amazon and keep performance the same. Before this update Netflix user accounts would create no blooming. Now there's alot of light and zones are not shutting completely off. Also I'm noticing some kind of brightness dimming on game mode. An example would be right before an online game it shows teammates stats. The screen will be bright but u can then see a dip in brightness and it gets lower in brightness. I don't have any eco settings on. I regret keeping my tv online.
Did you try to reset your TV?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Damar1979 is online now  
post #10806 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
llep64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Has anyone here come from an Sony 900f?? I have the chance to get the Sony 85 900f and the q9fn 75 for the same price... what would you guys do? I would lost DV and I’m reading a lot about the black crush on the 9fn.... but I hate blooming although a bigger screen would be nice
llep64 is online now  
post #10807 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,075
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12869 Post(s)
Liked: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Has anyone here come from an Sony 900f?? I have the chance to get the Sony 85 900f and the q9fn 75 for the same price... what would you guys do? I would lost DV and I’m reading a lot about the black crush on the 9fn.... but I hate blooming although a bigger screen would be nice
tough call. the 85" size is awesome but the blacks will be very subpar. Id suggest waiting for the....Vizio 85" lol its gonn have 800 dimming zones and should finally give a nice balance between blacks and size.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #10808 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Has anyone here come from an Sony 900f?? I have the chance to get the Sony 85 900f and the q9fn 75 for the same price... what would you guys do? I would lost DV and I’m reading a lot about the black crush on the 9fn.... but I hate blooming although a bigger screen would be nice
The burn in free Samsung - no brainer.
Gary J is offline  
post #10809 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
“Support” and “works well” are two different beasts. @dnorth12 have you tried pairing something to see how it works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
The burn in free Samsung - no brainer.

Why would the Sony TV burn in? It's also an LCD tv.
Mike Credelle is offline  
post #10810 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Credelle View Post
Why would the Sony TV burn in? It's also an LCD tv.
Google knows but here's a clue -

"Burn-in is (usually) not covered under warranty
In their warranties, LG and Sony explicitly state that image retention and burn-in are not covered on their OLED TVs.Apr 17, 2018"
Gary J is offline  
post #10811 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Has anyone here come from an Sony 900f?? I have the chance to get the Sony 85 900f and the q9fn 75 for the same price... what would you guys do? I would lost DV and I’m reading a lot about the black crush on the 9fn.... but I hate blooming although a bigger screen would be nice
I would say depends on what you look for in terms of picture. With the 900f you will have Dolby Vision, but the contrast won't be as good nor will the black levels be as deep as on the Q9fn. And even though the Sony has Dolby Vision, the Q9fn has better HDR for movies overall. So depends on what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Damar1979 is online now  
post #10812 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Google knows but here's a clue -

"Burn-in is (usually) not covered under warranty
In their warranties, LG and Sony explicitly state that image retention and burn-in are not covered on their OLED TVs.Apr 17, 2018"

Again,


The 900F is not an OLED, there is no burn in.
Mikejl, ray0414 and Damar1979 like this.
Mike Credelle is offline  
post #10813 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Google knows but here's a clue -



"Burn-in is (usually) not covered under warranty

In their warranties, LG and Sony explicitly state that image retention and burn-in are not covered on their OLED TVs.Apr 17, 2018"
????

The 900f is an LCD LED, there is no chance of burn in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
ray0414 likes this.
Damar1979 is online now  
post #10814 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,433
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7138 Post(s)
Liked: 7179
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Has anyone here come from an Sony 900f?? I have the chance to get the Sony 85 900f and the q9fn 75 for the same price... what would you guys do? I would lost DV and I’m reading a lot about the black crush on the 9fn.... but I hate blooming although a bigger screen would be nice
The # 1 reason for buyers remorse is not picture quality, it is size. Keep in mind everyone is different but we all know the answer to this most
important question, "Am I a quantity kind of guy or a quality kinda guy?" This is the only condition that overrides the size. From your past
buying experiences throughout life you have chosen one way or the other, do not stop now...lol. If you are a quality kinda guy buy the smaller better set, which is the Q9FN.
Damar1979 likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #10815 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
UnfoldingSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Credelle View Post
Why would the Sony TV burn in? It's also an LCD tv.
Why did you bring me into this conversation? The post you quoted me on was about Bluetooth and had nothing to do with the current topic.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom
UnfoldingSquid is online now  
post #10816 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
UnfoldingSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
tough call. the 85" size is awesome but the blacks will be very subpar. Id suggest waiting for the....Vizio 85" lol its gonn have 800 dimming zones and should finally give a nice balance between blacks and size.
Vizio... they cheap out their HDMI ports, typically you don’t get full HDCP 2.2 on all 4 ports and if you check audio threads will find that they don’t give you HDR on their ARC port. Want Atmos from a 4K disc and HDR at the same time? Too bad.

They also have awful dimming algorithms, so even with 800 zones don’t expect great black levels from their TVs. These modern “journalists” don’t often talk about why Vizio, TCL, etc. are considered budget brands: They have cheap, older processors that can’t hold a candle to Samsung, Sony and LG in upscaling and they cut out features they figure their average customers aren’t going to use.

I was able to attend a conference a couple years ago for my friends work, it was a contest that he won for Best Buy called Acheivers and I was invited as his guest. All the major manufacturers setup rooms to display their tech, kind of like a small CES. Samsung, Sony, LG and Vizio all had full array TVs setup with layers of the screen removed so you could see the picture and the led lights behind the picture turning on and off at the same time. Vizio shouldn’t have participated with this test; Vizio setup their flagship PQX and they had a black background with a goldfish swimming around the screen... every light stayed on for the Vizio, they just dimmed down, even in the opposite corner. The other brands all turned their backlights completely off.
n2speed125 likes this.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom

Last edited by UnfoldingSquid; 01-13-2020 at 08:59 PM.
UnfoldingSquid is online now  
post #10817 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,075
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12869 Post(s)
Liked: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
Vizio... they cheap out their HDMI ports, typically you don’t get full HDCP 2.2 on all 4 ports and if you check audio threads will find that they don’t give you HDR on their ARC port. Want Atmos from a 4K disc and HDR at the same time? Too bad.

They also have awful dimming algorithms, so even with 800 zones don’t expect great black levels from their TVs. These modern “journalists” don’t often talk about why Vizio, TCL, etc. are considered budget brands: They have cheap, older processors that can’t hold a candle to Samsung, Sony and LG in upscaling and they cut out features they figure their average customers aren’t going to use.

I was able to attend a conference a couple years ago for my friends work, it was a contest that he won for Best Buy called Acheivers and I was invited as his guest. All the major manufacturers setup rooms to display their tech, kind of like a small CES. Samsung, Sony, LG and Vizio all had full array TVs setup with layers of the screen removed so you could see the picture and the led lights behind the picture turning on and off at the same time. Vizio shouldn’t have participated with this test; they had a black background with a goldfish swimming around the screen... every light stayed on for the Vizio. They just dimmed down, even in the opposite corner. The other brands all turned their backlights off. The Vizio on display was their flagship PQX.
1st of all, any tv from a couple of years ago couldn't have been a PQX because that's a 2019 tv, so right off the bat you've already got information wrong.

Vizio has actually always been known to have top notch dimming with very few zones. This is common knowledge. They also have very high native contrast ratios.

But none of that has anything to do with their 2019 sets which claim to have new processing and new Ai processing which improves upscaling, just like the 2019 samsungs improved over the 2018 samsungs. But I recommend to the poster to wait until all the chips are down, then make a decision. Achilles heel of Vizio was always the upscaling and processing, but I'll at least give them a chance to show improvement. Plus anytime you go up in size, there will be sacrifices, so it's not really unexpected.
Gary J likes this.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #10818 of 10867 Old 01-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
UnfoldingSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
1st of all, any tv from a couple of years ago couldn't have been a PQX because that's a 2019 tv, so right off the bat you've already got information wrong.
It was May of 2018 and they were previewing the TVs to Best Buy before they came out. Not quite 2 years ago technically, but I don’t appreciate you insinuating I don’t know what I’m talking about because the dates don’t line up with your preconceptions.

As to your other point that it’s “a well known fact” Vizio has superior dimming algorithms with minimal zones, I witnessed first hand that it just isn’t the case. And even if the proof wasn’t in the pudding, what you say contradicts their technology... If their algorithms are so superior with so few zones, why do they need to release a TV with 800 zones? And I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that their processors can handle the workload of controlling 800 zones, just like I don’t buy TCL actually has 1,000 zones in its 8 series. I’m willing to bet when people start doing real tests on these TVs down the road we will see something akin to the Sony Z9D, which ended up being much fewer zones than initially reported.

Edit: thinking more on it, it may very well have been just the PQ and not the PQX. Sorry for my brain fart.
n2speed125 likes this.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Samsung HW-N950
Samsung UBD-M9500

Samsung 55Q80R - Bedroom

Last edited by UnfoldingSquid; 01-13-2020 at 09:43 PM.
UnfoldingSquid is online now  
post #10819 of 10867 Old 01-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingSquid View Post
Why did you bring me into this conversation? The post you quoted me on was about Bluetooth and had nothing to do with the current topic.
There was 2 quotes in the post I replied to, I guess it tagged you because of that.
UnfoldingSquid likes this.

Last edited by Mike Credelle; 01-14-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Mike Credelle is offline  
post #10820 of 10867 Old 01-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Blooming and Clouding in HD...

Bought my 65 inch Q9fn in May last year. Calibrated to the settings I've found here and Rtings. Great picture quality for SD. When in HD, whether video or video games, noticeable clouding and blooming. Normally have TV in "movie" mode. Had the screen replaced by Samsung, which solved issue some, but still present when subtitles on screen, or light object on a dark background. Some shows (The Crown) and video games (Jedi Fallen Order) look like everything takes place in a smokey room.

I have read so many posts from owners (on this site and others) about this, but it is hard to find reviews that mention it. Also, never saw this when viewed TV in store. How is it that reviews and in-store demos don't have this issue, but after purchasing, so many have the issue at home?

Also, anyone who has found a decent solution that makes HD watchable with clouding and blooming reduced, would be much appreciated. Right now, plan to ride out TV for another year or so, and purchase a different model - possibly another brand - altogether.

Thank you in advance.
MarathonTim is offline  
post #10821 of 10867 Old 01-21-2020, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonTim View Post
Bought my 65 inch Q9fn in May last year. Calibrated to the settings I've found here and Rtings. Great picture quality for SD. When in HD, whether video or video games, noticeable clouding and blooming. Normally have TV in "movie" mode. Had the screen replaced by Samsung, which solved issue some, but still present when subtitles on screen, or light object on a dark background. Some shows (The Crown) and video games (Jedi Fallen Order) look like everything takes place in a smokey room.



I have read so many posts from owners (on this site and others) about this, but it is hard to find reviews that mention it. Also, never saw this when viewed TV in store. How is it that reviews and in-store demos don't have this issue, but after purchasing, so many have the issue at home?



Also, anyone who has found a decent solution that makes HD watchable with clouding and blooming reduced, would be much appreciated. Right now, plan to ride out TV for another year or so, and purchase a different model - possibly another brand - altogether.



Thank you in advance.
Do you have contrast enhancer on

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Brian_Barros is offline  
post #10822 of 10867 Old 01-21-2020, 11:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
Do you have contrast enhancer on

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I have it set to off, as most settings I found indicated that was best.
MarathonTim is offline  
post #10823 of 10867 Old 01-21-2020, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonTim View Post

I have read so many posts from owners (on this site and others) about this, but it is hard to find reviews that mention it. Also, never saw this when viewed TV in store. How is it that reviews and in-store demos don't have this issue, but after purchasing, so many have the issue at home?
Because the stores set the Picture Mode to Natural and changed little else if anything while you have changed many settings that in combination have had who knows what effect.
Gary J is offline  
post #10824 of 10867 Old 01-22-2020, 03:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonTim View Post
Also, anyone who has found a decent solution that makes HD watchable with clouding and blooming reduced, would be much appreciated. Right now, plan to ride out TV for another year or so, and purchase a different model - possibly another brand - altogether.
I don't see any blooming or clouding with my 65Q9FN, except in game mode. This TV is known for its crazy 20 000/1 contrast ratio, did you put local dimming to high ? Or maybe it's related to your replaced panel.

(I admit with the 2 previous firmwares the black weren't as good as usual -but still great-, and since latest one, crazy blacks are back)

I mean if you don't have black bars like in attached pictures, there is definitely some issues with your TV (you can also see game mode) :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_100528_1579687944610.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2673994   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_100704_1579687989699.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2673996   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_093844_1579688084665.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	2673998   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191207_155614_1579688124041.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2674000  

Last edited by KwizatZ; 01-22-2020 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Pics
KwizatZ is offline  
post #10825 of 10867 Old 01-22-2020, 04:47 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwizatZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonTim View Post
Also, anyone who has found a decent solution that makes HD watchable with clouding and blooming reduced, would be much appreciated. Right now, plan to ride out TV for another year or so, and purchase a different model - possibly another brand - altogether.
I don't see any blooming or clouding with my 65Q9FN, except in game mode. This TV is known for its crazy 20 000/1 contrast ratio, did you put local dimming to high ? Or maybe it's related to your replaced panel.

(I admit with the 2 previous firmwares the black weren't as good as usual -but still great-, and since latest one, crazy blacks are back)

I mean if you don't have black bars like in attached pictures, there is definitely some issues with your TV (you can also see game mode) :
It took a lot of playing around with the menus and watching and reading videos/articles online, but the blooming around subtitles and white or bright objects is finally gone. Took months, but much better. Thank you!
MarathonTim is offline  
post #10826 of 10867 Old 01-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 36
If I purchase a computer which will edit 4K HDR camcorder footage from my Sony camcorder will I be able to transfer the edited footage to a USB stick and then connect this to the TV to see the video in 4K HDR or is it not as simple as that!
chasteven is offline  
post #10827 of 10867 Old 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasteven View Post
If I purchase a computer which will edit 4K HDR camcorder footage from my Sony camcorder will I be able to transfer the edited footage to a USB stick and then connect this to the TV to see the video in 4K HDR or is it not as simple as that!

That should work.
Mike Credelle is offline  
post #10828 of 10867 Old 01-30-2020, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
The burn in free Samsung - no brainer.
Own both sets (well Q8FN, very similar). Love both sets. Don't have burn in on any set.

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
bodean is offline  
post #10829 of 10867 Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Own both sets (well Q8FN, very similar). Love both sets. Don't have burn in on any set.
LCDs don't burn in!
Mike Credelle is offline  
post #10830 of 10867 Old 01-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
HDKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone else use the Vudu app? Over the last week, I keep having to login everytime I open the app.
HDKing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off