2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4864Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3721 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,510
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, cable (Fibre)...output of tv box set to 1080i...I have Center Ice pkg also...anything else I should check? Thanks again

Are you running your cable box signal through your AVR? Any upscaling going on there? What are your option "outputs" for your cable box? With my Comcast box - - I set everything to 720p - - only because there is no "default" setting (original source signal) and I'd rather have native 720p (with 1080i downconverted) as opposed to having 720p "upconverted" by my Comcast box.

Also - check out my settings in a couple posts earlier. I use "Standard" - - as I find that it provides a clearer, sharper picture for my Comcast Cable Box. I also have an amplified cable signal since I have an older house and the cable inside goes to three TV's. Comcast also re-trenched my cable line to the main cable source - - that helped too.
asharma likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3722 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 07:25 AM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, cable (Fibre)...output of tv box set to 1080i...I have Center Ice pkg also...anything else I should check? Thanks again
You say you have Fibre, that means you're with Bell. Do you have the 4k box? Also, not sure if Centre Ice pkg broadcasts in 4k? What Bell pkg do you have? I have the "Better" TV pkg which includes TSN and Sportsnet 4k channels.

I don't have my 55" 900f yet, waiting for Black Friday deals first.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3723 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 08:56 AM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I received 55 inch model yesterday from Best Buy and 4K content on inbuilt Netflix app looks really good and it says UHD content on details about the program.
But when I use Netflix app of my Dish Network 4K hopper receiver which is directly connected to TV through HDMI cable in port 3, it shows HD content and quality is not 4K.
if anyone have the same issue what what is what could be the reason, by the way I am using the HDMI cable which came with the hopper box.
Also I am irritated by the color of skin it displays, it looks like pink patches on face specially when it is white people. What setting can fix it.
sonicviewelite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3724 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
These are the pink patches I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6FCC9BB2-27F8-485C-BB09-8E87A9DB35BF_1540224241618.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2471832  
sonicviewelite is offline  
post #3725 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Member
 
BassLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopysony View Post
You say you have Fibre, that means you're with Bell. Do you have the 4k box? Also, not sure if Centre Ice pkg broadcasts in 4k? What Bell pkg do you have? I have the "Better" TV pkg which includes TSN and Sportsnet 4k channels.

I don't have my 55" 900f yet, waiting for Black Friday deals first.
Aside from the 4K feed all Bell Fibe is 720p.
BassLake is offline  
post #3726 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopysony View Post
You say you have Fibre, that means you're with Bell. Do you have the 4k box? Also, not sure if Centre Ice pkg broadcasts in 4k? What Bell pkg do you have? I have the "Better" TV pkg which includes TSN and Sportsnet 4k channels.

I don't have my 55" 900f yet, waiting for Black Friday deals first.
I just have the Better pkg with no 4K channels...Center Ice is all 720p only...

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #3727 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Are you running your cable box signal through your AVR? Any upscaling going on there? What are your option "outputs" for your cable box? With my Comcast box - - I set everything to 720p - - only because there is no "default" setting (original source signal) and I'd rather have native 720p (with 1080i downconverted) as opposed to having 720p "upconverted" by my Comcast box.

Also - check out my settings in a couple posts earlier. I use "Standard" - - as I find that it provides a clearer, sharper picture for my Comcast Cable Box. I also have an amplified cable signal since I have an older house and the cable inside goes to three TV's. Comcast also re-trenched my cable line to the main cable source - - that helped too.
I will check all of the above and continue tweaking...unfortunately where I live there are only 2 choices for service providers for tv...it feels like garbage in garbage out to me...

Also I’ve been watching recorded hockey which is probably compressed even more...will watch live hockey tonight and see...thanks for the help, hugely appreciated...

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #3728 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,510
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassLake View Post
Aside from the 4K feed all Bell Fibe is 720p.

Does Bell Fibe TV then provide an option to upscale to 1080i? If that's the case - - I'd leave it off and keep 720p output.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is online now  
post #3729 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Member
 
BassLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Does Bell Fibe TV then provide an option to upscale to 1080i? If that's the case - - I'd leave it off and keep 720p output.
Set the box to 720p. Never had their 4k box so I'm unsure how that signal is handled. All your answers are somewhere here. https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-bell-fibe-tv/
BassLake is offline  
post #3730 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Check your settings. Cable or satellite? How have you set the "output" of cable/satellite source content? Any upscaling going on between your source signal and your Sony TV? I have the Sony 75" 900F and hockey is gorgeous. No motion blur. Crisp, clean picture. Bright, no banding - - you can see the striations in the ice and change in colors (darker ice/lighter ice).

I just signed up for NHL Center Ice via Comcast. The HD feeds are excellent. All things being equal, you should get the same results.

By the way - - if you ever get to watch a less compressed hockey game in 1080i via "OTA" or over the air channels - - it's spectacular! Bluray quality.

Check to see if Comcast includes NHL.TV with your Center Ice subscription (Dish and DirecTV do), the games delivered through NHL.TV can look as good as OTA. The problem with hockey on cable is sometimes the originator will be broadcasting in 720p, your Comcast box will convert to 1080i (not very well) then your 4K TV upscales that poor 1080i picture to 4K and your beautiful large 75"+ TV gets blamed for the poor picture. NHL.TV can help avoid all the converting and upscaling.
asharma likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Cheddarhead is online now  
post #3731 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RickD1225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicviewelite View Post
I received 55 inch model yesterday from Best Buy and 4K content on inbuilt Netflix app looks really good and it says UHD content on details about the program.
But when I use Netflix app of my Dish Network 4K hopper receiver which is directly connected to TV through HDMI cable in port 3, it shows HD content and quality is not 4K.
if anyone have the same issue what what is what could be the reason, by the way I am using the HDMI cable which came with the hopper box.
Also I am irritated by the color of skin it displays, it looks like pink patches on face specially when it is white people. What setting can fix it.
The app on the Dish Hopper is only HD, not 4K.

Spoiler!
RickD1225 is online now  
post #3732 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
I just have the Better pkg with no 4K channels...Center Ice is all 720p only...
I believe the Better pkg come with TSN and Sportsnet 4k channels. I'll check tonight.
asharma likes this.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3733 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicviewelite View Post
I received 55 inch model yesterday from Best Buy and 4K content on inbuilt Netflix app looks really good and it says UHD content on details about the program.
But when I use Netflix app of my Dish Network 4K hopper receiver which is directly connected to TV through HDMI cable in port 3, it shows HD content and quality is not 4K.
if anyone have the same issue what what is what could be the reason, by the way I am using the HDMI cable which came with the hopper box.
Also I am irritated by the color of skin it displays, it looks like pink patches on face specially when it is white people. What setting can fix it.
The Hopper3 Netflix app is very poor, HD only and regularly crashes. It appears that Netflix devotes almost no resources to maintaining it.



Check out the Satelliteguys.US Dish forum https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/dish-network-support-forum.10/ for some of the gory details.



I would highly recommend using another streaming device to access Netflix the AndroidTV app works very well for me.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Cheddarhead is online now  
post #3734 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassLake View Post
Set the box to 720p. Never had their 4k box so I'm unsure how that signal is handled. All your answers are somewhere here. https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-bell-fibe-tv/
Thanks, I just set my Bell STB to 720p...the question the Bell box asks is to set your this setting to the highest resolution your tv will display...the options are 720, 1080i, 1080p...I’m just trying to get a better NHL Center Ice picture...so still set it to 720p? Does the tv then upscale it to 4K?

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #3735 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, I just set my Bell STB to 720p...the question the Bell box asks is to set your this setting to the highest resolution your tv will display...the options are 720, 1080i, 1080p...I’m just trying to get a better NHL Center Ice picture...so still set it to 720p? Does the tv then upscale it to 4K?
According to what I've read, yes, the TV will upscale it to 4k.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3736 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, I just set my Bell STB to 720p...the question the Bell box asks is to set your this setting to the highest resolution your tv will display...the options are 720, 1080i, 1080p...I’m just trying to get a better NHL Center Ice picture...so still set it to 720p? Does the tv then upscale it to 4K?
How did you set the output to 720p? I have an SD TV, but I'm just curious, especially when I'll be getting the 900f soon.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3737 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopysony View Post
How did you set the output to 720p? I have an SD TV, but I'm just curious, especially when I'll be getting the 900f soon.
Press the menu button on the Bell remote...there are some video settings that you can play with in regards to how the STB outputs video
snoopysony likes this.

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #3738 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Than you! The inbuilt Netflix app is amazing, but it crashes for me, it crashes within 4-5 second after I start the Netflix, then I have to restart the app and it works smoothly after that. This happened at least 3 time within in couple of hours of TV watcing.
I have 4K chromecast will try connecting it directly and see how it works for Netflix.
How you know that tv is upscaling 1080 (HD) content to 4K, is there any setting in TV to adjust that or activate that? I am coming from projection tv to led tv. Picture looks much better on projection, but here on LED I see all faces look blurry, any setting which can help?
I didn't make any change in setting except reduced the brightness to 20 in standard mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
The Hopper3 Netflix app is very poor, HD only and regularly crashes. It appears that Netflix devotes almost no resources to maintaining it.







I would highly recommend using another streaming device to access Netflix the AndroidTV app works very well for me.
sonicviewelite is offline  
post #3739 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicviewelite View Post
Than you! The inbuilt Netflix app is amazing, but it crashes for me, it crashes within 4-5 second after I start the Netflix, then I have to restart the app and it works smoothly after that. This happened at least 3 time within in couple of hours of TV watcing.
I have 4K chromecast will try connecting it directly and see how it works for Netflix.
How you know that tv is upscaling 1080 (HD) content to 4K, is there any setting in TV to adjust that or activate that? I am coming from projection tv to led tv. Picture looks much better on projection, but here on LED I see all faces look blurry, any setting which can help?
I didn't make any change in setting except reduced the brightness to 20 in standard mode.
Try clearing the cache on the AndroidTV netflix app, that might help with the crashing.


The TV has to upscale all input to 4K unless the input is already 4K, if not upscaled you would have a small window surrounded by black bars.



Try using the Cinema Pro mode with a brightness of 15, dark room, that might help with your display.
sonicviewelite likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Cheddarhead is online now  
post #3740 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,510
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, I just set my Bell STB to 720p...the question the Bell box asks is to set your this setting to the highest resolution your tv will display...the options are 720, 1080i, 1080p...I’m just trying to get a better NHL Center Ice picture...so still set it to 720p? Does the tv then upscale it to 4K?
Yes - it will upscale whatever non 4K signal you send it - - 720p, 1080i or 1080p. Most U.S. cable broadcasts are either 720p or 1080i. Since Comcast doesn't provide a "native" output option like satellite (Directv - source content in its original transmitted resolution) - I leave everything at 720p. See if that makes a difference in your picture.

IMHO - always let the Sony 900F do ALL the upscaling. It provides a better picture.
asharma likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is online now  
post #3741 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Member
 
kirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicviewelite View Post
Than you! The inbuilt Netflix app is amazing, but it crashes for me, it crashes within 4-5 second after I start the Netflix, then I have to restart the app and it works smoothly after that. This happened at least 3 time within in couple of hours of TV watcing.
I have 4K chromecast will try connecting it directly and see how it works for Netflix.
How you know that tv is upscaling 1080 (HD) content to 4K, is there any setting in TV to adjust that or activate that? I am coming from projection tv to led tv. Picture looks much better on projection, but here on LED I see all faces look blurry, any setting which can help?
I didn't make any change in setting except reduced the brightness to 20 in standard mode.
I had this problem at one point, but was able to solve it by logging out and back into my NetFlix account.
kirth is offline  
post #3742 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
will try changing to Cinema Pro Mode.
By the way how you clear the cache on the AndroidTV Netflix app? This is the first time I am using Android system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
Try clearing the cache on the AndroidTV netflix app, that might help with the crashing.


The TV has to upscale all input to 4K unless the input is already 4K, if not upscaled you would have a small window surrounded by black bars.



Try using the Cinema Pro mode with a brightness of 15, dark room, that might help with your display.
sonicviewelite is offline  
post #3743 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,668
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7271 Post(s)
Liked: 7301
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpinelli1980 View Post
I'm going to have my TV professionally calibarated in a month or two when I break it in but in the meantime are those calibarate discs any good? I did the settings from Rtings and it's ok but I'm hoping for better, I played Planet Earth II and it looked ok but I assume it can look better if calibarate properly.
Who is calibrating the set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
For those of you who own the 85" version... how close do you have to be to see individual pixels?

Looks like my eyes will be 7ft from the screen. Not sure if that is to close..
You should be ok, but she will be big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
Check to see if Comcast includes NHL.TV with your Center Ice subscription (Dish and DirecTV do), the games delivered through NHL.TV can look as good as OTA. The problem with hockey on cable is sometimes the originator will be broadcasting in 720p, your Comcast box will convert to 1080i (not very well) then your 4K TV upscales that poor 1080i picture to 4K and your beautiful large 75"+ TV gets blamed for the poor picture. NHL.TV can help avoid all the converting and upscaling.
Oh that happens a bit for sure.......
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #3744 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Will do this and see how it work.
Also, do you know if it is possible to set the default HDMI port where the TV should start at all the time? I have Dish receiver on HDMI 2 and IPTV media box on HDMI 3.
Every time I turn on the TV, it automatically goes to input port where it was shut down last time, even that input device is turned off.

Also, one weird thing I noticed. TV turns on by itself if it senses the HDMI cable is connected and have the signal coming.
(1) Disconnected the HDMI cable coming from the receiver to TV.
(2) Turned off the TV from remote
(3) While TV is turned off (standby mode) if you connect the HDMI cable back to the TV, it will turn on by itself!
Is that normal?

When I got the TV yesterday, during the setup process I connected it to wireless internet successfully, after a few steps it was on 'checking for update' screen for 30 minutes, I know it takes time to download and install updates but I felt something is wrong when checking for update was going on for that long, so I connected the LAN cable from my router to TV and it immediately checked the update and installed the updated software. I feel WiFi on this TV is very very slow to the point, impossible to get data.

Sorry, I am asking all these questions, I went through the first 40 pages of this thread and still have to read all other posts, but I feel it will be fast to get the answer directly.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirth View Post
I had this problem at one point, but was able to solve it by logging out and back into my NetFlix account.
sonicviewelite is offline  
post #3745 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicviewelite View Post
will try changing to Cinema Pro Mode.
By the way how you clear the cache on the AndroidTV Netflix app? This is the first time I am using Android system.

To clear the cache of almost any AndroidTV app

  • On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Scroll down and Select Settings.
  • Under the TV category, select Apps.
  • Select desired App. (Netflix in this case)
  • Select Clear data.
  • Select Clear cache.
  • Perform a reboot of the TV by holding the power button down for approximately 10 seconds (Optional)
sonicviewelite likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Cheddarhead is online now  
post #3746 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
I just have the Better pkg with no 4K channels...Center Ice is all 720p only...
I was right. Sportsnet 4K (1395), Sportsnet One 4K (1396) and TSN 4K (1399), TSN2 4K (1398) are included in the better pkg from Bell.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3747 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopysony View Post
I was right. Sportsnet 4K (1395), Sportsnet One 4K (1396) and TSN 4K (1399), TSN2 4K (1398) are included in the better pkg from Bell.
Thanks, don’t think that is the case in Eastern Canada. I don’t have the 4K PVR, so maybe that’s why I can’t see em...
snoopysony likes this.

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #3748 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Member
 
snoopysony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Centre of the Universe. Toronto, Canada
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks, don’t think that is the case in Eastern Canada. I don’t have the 4K PVR, so maybe that’s why I can’t see em...
You may be right. I'm in Ontario.
snoopysony is offline  
post #3749 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Yes - it will upscale whatever non 4K signal you send it - - 720p, 1080i or 1080p. Most U.S. cable broadcasts are either 720p or 1080i. Since Comcast doesn't provide a "native" output option like satellite (Directv - source content in its original transmitted resolution) - I leave everything at 720p. See if that makes a difference in your picture.

IMHO - always let the Sony 900F do ALL the upscaling. It provides a better picture.
Watching the St. Louis vs Winnipeg nhl game...using your standard picture mode...very nice...minimal blur...good feed from Winnipeg...also watching the Colorado vs Philly game...has some blur...depends on source...good settings tho...standard looks nice for sports and hdr...thanks

Edit: No blur on Winnipeg feed, a little bit of halos around players, nothing serious, looks GREAT, depends on feed for each game...

Edit 2: I’m remembering why I bought the 85” Sony, ZERO dirty screen effect, 100 percent screen uniformity, awesome motion blur control on a good feed...all essential for good hockey!

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave

Last edited by asharma; 10-22-2018 at 06:35 PM.
asharma is offline  
post #3750 of 11664 Old 10-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Member
 
sonicviewelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Great it fixed the problem, no more Netflix crashes

Also, do you know if it is possible to set the default HDMI port where the TV should start at all the time? I have Dish receiver on HDMI 2 and IPTV media box on HDMI 3.
Every time I turn on the TV, it automatically goes to input port where it was shut down last time, even if that input device is turned off.

Also, one weird thing I noticed. TV turns on by itself if it senses the HDMI cable is connected and have the signal coming.
(1) Disconnected the HDMI cable coming from the receiver to TV.
(2) Turned off the TV from remote
(3) While TV is turned off (standby mode) if you connect the HDMI cable back to the TV, it will turn on by itself!
Is that normal?

When I got the TV yesterday, during the setup process I connected it to wireless internet successfully, after a few steps it was on 'checking for update' screen for 30 minutes, I know it takes time to download and install updates but I felt something is wrong when checking for update was going on for that long, so I connected the LAN cable from my router to TV and it immediately checked the update and installed the updated software. I feel WiFi on this TV is very very slow to the point, impossible to get data.

Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
To clear the cache of almost any AndroidTV app

  • On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Scroll down and Select Settings.
  • Under the TV category, select Apps.
  • Select desired App. (Netflix in this case)
  • Select Clear data.
  • Select Clear cache.
  • Perform a reboot of the TV by holding the power button down for approximately 10 seconds (Optional)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirth View Post
I had this problem at one point, but was able to solve it by logging out and back into my NetFlix account.
sonicviewelite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off