2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4515Likes

post #4081 of 10345 Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb8706 View Post
Apple TV cannot enable HDR. I’m sure this is been resolved here, just got the 75 inch. I have put all of the settings in accordance with rtings, Including setting up enhanced HDMI for ports two and three. For some reason I cannot get my Apple TV for to recognize HDR on the TV. I’m using a mono price certified premium HDMI cable. Dolby Vision and HDR work fine on the Sony app version of Netflix, but not on the Apple TV.

Is the source (ATV4K) going through an AVR? If yes make sure you have 4K enhanced enabled on that too, or it supports it. Also make sure you have latest update on TV and ATV4K. I know these are dumb little remarks but the above fixed my issues. As well as going into ATV menu> video> and selecting 4K HDR, it should say switching resolutions then have a 30 sec countdown after etc...

Sony XBR75X900F - Denon X3400H - 5.1.2 w/ RBH Visage VM-616 LCR In-walls - SVS Prime Satellite Surround - RBH VM-615 In-ceiling/Atmos - Sub: HSU FTV-15H Mk2 - RTI T3X Remote - ATV 4K

Last edited by vicdvp; 11-13-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 10345 Old 11-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdvp View Post
Is the source (ATV4K) going through an AVR? If yes make sure you have 4K enhanced enabled on that too, or it supports it. Also make sure you have latest update on TV and ATV4K. I know these are dumb little remarks but the above fixed my issues. As well as going into ATV menu> video> and selecting 4K HDR, it should say switching resolutions then have a 30 sec countdown after etc...
You might have wanted to quote the person having the problem.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #4083 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Stink View Post
I really want to buy a XBR65X900F tv, but the input lag for 1080 gaming has me concerned, specifically I have recently purchased a Nintendo switch and I was wondering if any 900F owners had experience playing a Nintendo switch on the TV and if any noticeable lag was noticed. Thanks!
I’ve played tons of Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart on the Switch and I have no complaints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4084 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
You might have wanted to quote the person having the problem.

Yes sorry that was an accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmcleod likes this.

Sony XBR75X900F - Denon X3400H - 5.1.2 w/ RBH Visage VM-616 LCR In-walls - SVS Prime Satellite Surround - RBH VM-615 In-ceiling/Atmos - Sub: HSU FTV-15H Mk2 - RTI T3X Remote - ATV 4K
post #4085 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm thinking of getting this for mainly PC/console gaming, and also movies but I tend to not be as critical of movie PQ as I am with game PQ and response time.

Question for anybody that has had experience with both this and the Z9F: Is the blooming in content noticeably worse on this than it is on the Z9F? Like, specifically when bright text or UI elements appear on the screen do you notice the an obvious change in brightness around those objects?

I'm trying to talk myself out of going all the way with the Z9F, because while it is better in almost every way from what I've heard, it's also 2x the price of the 900f. I'm fairly sure buying the 900f right now is the better choice, because with the money I'd save from not getting the Z9F now I could easily upgrade to something better a few years down the line. It's just that the blooming around objects that appear in content is the one thing that would probably annoy me enough to make me want to upgrade sooner.
post #4086 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpio View Post
I'm thinking of getting this for mainly PC/console gaming, and also movies but I tend to not be as critical of movie PQ as I am with game PQ and response time.

Question for anybody that has had experience with both this and the Z9F: Is the blooming in content noticeably worse on this than it is on the Z9F? Like, specifically when bright text or UI elements appear on the screen do you notice the an obvious change in brightness around those objects?

I'm trying to talk myself out of going all the way with the Z9F, because while it is better in almost every way from what I've heard, it's also 2x the price of the 900f. I'm fairly sure buying the 900f right now is the better choice, because with the money I'd save from not getting the Z9F now I could easily upgrade to something better a few years down the line. It's just that the blooming around objects that appear in content is the one thing that would probably annoy me enough to make me want to upgrade sooner.
The 900F is the 'value' choice. I tried the 85X900F and the blooming broke me. It was significantly worse than my 940C so I returned it and took a very big loss. That's how much it bothered me. The Z9F will also have issues, but they should be less pronounced. Now, I have only seen the Z9F in Best Buy and not in my home so I can't with certainty say much of anything.

While I have been using a 75" for the last few years I am seriously considering going to the 65A9F now. If there is anything I learned during my time with the 85" is that I am definitely a quality over quantity guy. That's just me.... you might be the other way around. Comes down to how much YOU can accept.
post #4087 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I want to buy a new TV and the 900F and Q8FN are what I am looking at atm, I will use it primary for gaming and streaming like kodi. Q8FN much better for game with much lower input lag but Tizen doesn't have app like Kodi. Sony support Dolby Vision but lacks VRR which will be a huge deal down in the future since I typically stick to the same tv for 5 years ish. Can't decide. Is there any draw back for the TV VRR support like only limited to certain resolution or no HDR or something? What are the cons of the X900F so far from users experience? I know it still doesn't support youtube HDR correct?
post #4088 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

Yes ans no.

On the Z9F, bright HUD stuff like my health bar in Sea of Thieves had a noticeable glow around it even during in-game daytime. The 900F tends to provide a more even picture under normal content.

However, when things are generally dark but there’s bright stuff on-screen, the Z9F tends to do better with zone control. The 900F has larger bloom areas but that should come as no surprise as it has less zones.

So really, the answer is ‘it depends’. The Z9F handles certain things better and falls short in others.
iphilologos and BR4DOKYBrazil like this.
post #4089 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6843 Post(s)
Liked: 6838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post

While I have been using a 75" for the last few years I am seriously considering going to the 65A9F now. If there is anything I learned during my time with the 85" is that I am definitely a quality over quantity guy. That's just me.... you might be the other way around. Comes down to how much YOU can accept.
I am not so sure about dropping to the 65". A 940C, D, or E was much closer to OLED. I think in this exact case you would miss the 10".
post #4090 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inelastic View Post
I got the 49" X900F today. It was a replacement for my Samsung KS8500. That tv developed some pretty bad light bleed at the bottom so I called in my Best Buy warranty service and got this tv for a replacement. I watched a bit of The Grand Tour and Man in the High Castle on it and while it's not as bright as my last tv, it does look better. I also tried FFXV at 4K HDR and it looks fantastic. I definitely feel like I got an upgrade with the exchange. I do like Android TV over Tizen, but I feel like Tizen had a better interface.

One odd thing is that my last tv was curved. I use it as a pc monitor and sit normal pc distances away. I got used to the curve and I didn't notice it after a few days. Now that I have a flat tv, the tv looks curved towards me when I sit the same distance away. I guess I have to give it a few days for my brain to adjust.
LOL I had exactly the same thing. Went from a KS7500 that developed bad light bleed and went from that to this TV and because of the previous curved TV I had, this one now looks like it bulges out towards me

Great TV though!
post #4091 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
I’ve played tons of Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart on the Switch and I have no complaints.
I have a related - and probably dense - question about input lag. Rtings.com does a great job of listing input lag for different scenarios, but they're all "clean" scenarios that are unlikely to be achieved in many real-world situations (e.g., 4k and 60 hz refresh rate).

What do their ratings mean for a situation in which the signal is not quite 4k or at a 60 hz refresh rate? A number of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X games approach 4k, but don't quite reach it, and may operate at about 30 fps, which is under the 60 hz refresh rate. In that instance, could I still expect to experience the degree of input lag that Rtings gives for a 4K 60 hz signal? Or would it be something different?

Part of the reason I ask is that this set exhibits a huge difference in the input lag scores for 1080p vs. 4k content. If the signal is somewhere below 4k and above 1080p (but upscaling to 4k), would I be closer to the input lag for 1080p or 4k?

I apologize in advance if this is an absolutely clueless question.
post #4092 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 117
The new tv stand is up and I can definitely recommend it for this 85” beast. Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar sits perfectly on it as well. I can sleep at night now not having to worry about glass breaking. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corlivi...?skuId=5495538
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07C7E647-582E-4B0D-8AED-367760E4C616_1542153050622.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2482320  

Last edited by KoRn; 11-13-2018 at 05:32 PM.
post #4093 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 05:14 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_nsc View Post
I have a related - and probably dense - question about input lag. Rtings.com does a great job of listing input lag for different scenarios, but they're all "clean" scenarios that are unlikely to be achieved in many real-world situations (e.g., 4k and 60 hz refresh rate).

What do their ratings mean for a situation in which the signal is not quite 4k or at a 60 hz refresh rate? A number of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X games approach 4k, but don't quite reach it, and may operate at about 30 fps, which is under the 60 hz refresh rate. In that instance, could I still expect to experience the degree of input lag that Rtings gives for a 4K 60 hz signal? Or would it be something different?

Part of the reason I ask is that this set exhibits a huge difference in the input lag scores for 1080p vs. 4k content. If the signal is somewhere below 4k and above 1080p (but upscaling to 4k), would I be closer to the input lag for 1080p or 4k?

I wouldn't worry about that. The TV is still receiving a 4k signal regardless of whether the console is rendering in true 4k or if it's upscaling the content to 4k, so that wouldn't affect anything on the TV side. Although it is possible that the console is introducing a tiny amount of extra lag to do the upscaling but that would be the case regardless of which TV you're using. And as for refresh rate, games don't normally change the refresh rate of the TV to match their fps, unless the TV and the game system support VRR which none of the Sony TVs do, so that shouldn't factor into input lag at all.

I'm thinking about getting this set too and I'm kind of worried about the 1080p input lag since I have a Nintendo Switch that I'd definitely like to use on this thing. But I'm not entirely ruling out the possibility that it's still on the edge of being low enough that I won't notice it. 40ms is only about 2.6 frames in a 60fps game, or 1.3 frames in a 30fps game, and I'm not exactly a professional Smash player so I might be able to adapt to that amount of lag in whatever 1080p games I'm playing.

Still it sure would be nice to have the Z9F instead of this though to reduce that down by half and get better viewing angles and better dimming as well... but eh probably not worth the price difference that it is at currently or at the cost of losing 10" of screen real estate. Just thinking out loud here lol, I guess maybe I still haven't fully decided after all.
post #4094 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about that. The TV is still receiving a 4k signal regardless of whether the console is rendering in true 4k or if it's upscaling the content to 4k, so that wouldn't affect anything on the TV side. Although it is possible that the console is introducing a tiny amount of extra lag to do the upscaling but that would be the case regardless of which TV you're using. And as for refresh rate, games don't normally change the refresh rate of the TV to match their fps, unless the TV and the game system support VRR which none of the Sony TVs do, so that shouldn't factor into input lag at all.

I'm thinking about getting this set too and I'm kind of worried about the 1080p input lag since I have a Nintendo Switch that I'd definitely like to use on this thing. But I'm not entirely ruling out the possibility that it's still on the edge of being low enough that I won't notice it. 40ms is only about 2.6 frames in a 60fps game, or 1.3 frames in a 30fps game, and I'm not exactly a professional Smash player so I might be able to adapt to that amount of lag in whatever 1080p games I'm playing.

Still it sure would be nice to have the Z9F instead of this though to reduce that down by half and get better viewing angles and better dimming as well... but eh probably not worth the price difference that it is at currently or at the cost of losing 10" of screen real estate. Just thinking out loud here lol, I guess maybe I still haven't fully decided after all.

I do think for gaming overall the Z9F is certainly a better choice... but price is definitely a major factor. The 900F is half the price and will be even less than that on black friday. I personally don't think double the price is worth it.
post #4095 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Thanks for the response. That definitely helps and it keeps the x900 in the running. However, I think the primary competition for me is Samsung's Q8fn. I'm not sure if I would want to jump all the way up to the Z9F.
post #4096 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Get the 75" for sure........

----Keep an eye out, this whole line just dropped in price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex____ View Post
Just put an order in for the 75in
Got a killer deal on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post
Congrats..me too. We are in for a treat! This will be my first 4K tv. I’m coming from a 60” Samsung F8000.
Where are the best deals for the 75" 900F currently ...or even the week of Black Friday? I've looked around most of the normal places online, BB, Crutchfield, Walmart, Costco, etc etc but haven't seen any deals on the 900F. Maybe I'm missing something, can you guys give me a swift kick in the right direction

Oh, and I've seen mentions of Greentoe, just not sure how confident I am with that process.
post #4097 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 85
How often does blooming and other light pollution appear in SDR material at minimum brightness? I'd have the backlight at 1 or minimum to achieve 100 nits peak brightness. Viewing in completely dark room.

post #4098 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
In a weird turn of events my new 900F had blooming and clouding issues so I literally went back to the store and bought my old 900F that I had just returned 3 days ago lol.All is well and sticking with this 900F and returning QF7 mainly due to clicking noises and being slightly inferior to the sony 900F.Both great tvs but Im happy my old tv was still there.Its crazy how panel lottery is real and you never know what you will get in each box.
post #4099 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
[QUOTE=1st Cav;57104508]Where are the best deals for the 75" 900F currently ...or even the week of Black Friday? I've looked around most of the normal places online, BB, Crutchfield, Walmart, Costco, etc etc but haven't seen any deals on the 900F. Maybe I'm missing something, can you guys give me a swift kick in the right direction

Oh, and I've seen mentions of Greentoe, just not sure how confident I am with that process.[/QUOTE

Several members on AVS have used Greentoe with good success, me included.

Spoiler!
post #4100 of 10345 Old 11-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD1225 View Post
Several members on AVS have used Greentoe with good success, me included.
Yes, I've read multiple posts with several people raving about the deals they received on Greentoe. But I've also read less than stellar comments regarding the return process, which gives me major pause, especially with these panels being such a crapshoot. So my preference would be to find major local retailers with good sales
asharma likes this.
post #4101 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_nsc View Post

The PS4 Pro outputs a 4K signal if you have it setup for a 4K TV and as such you’ll always get the 4K 60hz input lag even if the game is only running natively at 1080p. The console is upscaling the image and the TV gets the 4K signal.
post #4102 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Liked: 1
Anyone with an Apple TV 4K. Do you set your output to 4K and let the Apple TV upscale to 4K? Is the upscaling with the X1 Extreme chip better than what the Apple TV can do?
shaggy123 likes this.
post #4103 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyesquire View Post
In a weird turn of events my new 900F had blooming and clouding issues so I literally went back to the store and bought my old 900F that I had just returned 3 days ago lol.All is well and sticking with this 900F and returning QF7 mainly due to clicking noises and being slightly inferior to the sony 900F.Both great tvs but Im happy my old tv was still there.Its crazy how panel lottery is real and you never know what you will get in each box.
OMG! But why did you change the 900F for the first time?
post #4104 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR4DOKYBrazil View Post
OMG! But why did you change the 900F for the first time?
Well on my cable channels and netflix there is a good amount of noise and grain.So I thought maybe I had a bad panel but I guess its just how it is on this tv.

There was barely any on the NU8000 and Q7FN.My only guess it is the screen finish on the Tvs.The Samsungs are so much clearer.

In my mini reviews I mentioned I wish the 900F had the Samsung screen because everything would be so much clearer.Mainly because even with the noise the 900F still has better color and detail in PQ.Honestly if the samsung didnt click or make noise and looked better on gaming I may have chose the Q8F.I think there just is no perfect tv now.Its crazy because I had my LCD for 10 years and never had 1 issue or problem with it.Since September I have had 4 tvs and still not 100% happy.

You get what I am saying?
Its hard to explain
shaggy123 and BR4DOKYBrazil like this.

Last edited by wallyesquire; 11-14-2018 at 11:03 AM.
post #4105 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Well on my cable channels and netflix there is a good amount of noise and grain.So I thought maybe I had a bad panel but I guess its just how it is on this tv.

There was barely any on the NU8000 and Q7FN.My only guess it is the screen finish on the Tvs.The Samsungs are so much clearer.

In my mini reviews I mentioned I wish the 900F had the Samsung screen because everything would be so much clearer.Mainly because even with the noise the 900F still has better color and detail in PQ.Honestly if the samsung didnt click or make noise and looked better on gaming I may have chose the Q8F.I think there just is no perfect tv now.Its crazy because I had my LCD for 10 years and never had 1 issue or problem with it.Since September I have had 4 tvs and still not 100% happy.

You get what I am saying?
Its hard to explain
Yes, I got it. Are these noises connected to the content displayed on the TV itself? Some movies and series have this noise purposely. They are purposely added. Including some games like Outlast. Did you try to activate the TV noise filters? Which I do not indicate, since it would be altering what was originally to have noises. Sometimes the Samsung TV was with these filters on and you did not know or there is no way to disable it. Now, there are some problems like clouding and DSE that really is a lottery.

And yes, I also have this impression that the TVs of yesteryear were made with more quality control than currently.
wallyesquire likes this.
post #4106 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, I got it. Are these noises connected to the content displayed on the TV itself? Some movies and series have this noise purposely. They are purposely added. Including some games like Outlast. Did you try to activate the TV noise filters? Which I do not indicate, since it would be altering what was originally to have noises. Sometimes the Samsung TV was with these filters on and you did not know or there is no way to disable it. Now, there are some problems like clouding and DSE that really is a lottery.

And yes, I also have this impression that the TVs of yesteryear were made with more quality control than currently.
I don't know but I think its source base and tv based.
I have tried noise functions on and off but its still there.I also know that UHD4k netflix has noise/grain period but the samsungs had maybe 20% of the sony's noise, like yea maybe its was auto filtered out on samsungs.

I think all tvs will have some dse and blooming but how much is the real question and what to deal with.My old set had much less than the new tv

My only issue is noise and grain now, especially seeing how samsung filtered most of all out it.Now with that said the samsung also lost a ton of detail because of it.Thats why I said the sony had more detail and better picture quality despite the noise.The samsungs looks like it has natural smooth gradation on high at all times.

Oh I fully agree with the older LCDs being built so much better and being more quality overall.
BR4DOKYBrazil likes this.

Last edited by wallyesquire; 11-14-2018 at 11:23 AM.
post #4107 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I don't know but I think its source base and tv based.
I have tried noise functions on and off but its still there.I also know that UHD4k netflix has noise/grain period but the samsungs had maybe 20% of the sony's noise, like yea maybe its was auto filtered out on samsungs.

I think all tvs will have some dse and blooming but how much is the real question and what to deal with.My old set had much less than the new tv

My only issue is noise and grain now, especially seeing how samsung filtered most of all out it.Now with that said the samsung also lost a ton of detail because of it.Thats why I said the sony had more detail and better picture quality despite the noise.The samsungs looks like it has natural smooth gradation on high at all times.

Oh I fully agree with the older LCDs being built so much better and being more quality overall.
Ever tried watching a movie in Remux 4K through an External HD on TV to really see if there are these noises? Yesterday I watched "12 Strongs" and I can say with certainty that there are these intentional noises. I remember very well that "Jumanji 2" had a very clean image. I believe that "John Wick 2" also had a clean image. Test. Download MKV movies instead of using Netflix as a parameter.
post #4108 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Ever tried watching a movie in Remux 4K through an External HD on TV to really see if there are these noises? Yesterday I watched "12 Strongs" and I can say with certainty that there are these intentional noises. I remember very well that "Jumanji 2" had a very clean image. I believe that "John Wick 2" also had a clean image. Test. Download MKV movies instead of using Netflix as a parameter.
I haven't done much testing on other sources yet because I don't own blu ray or many movies and just watch cable tv and a few netflix things mainly.I tested 7-8 netflix movies and same scenes on the 900F and Q7FN.The Samsung 100% had less noise on all movies and scenes. Doesn't mean looked better but noise/grain wasn't an issue.Now I kept the 900F which means I definitely like the tv and 4k and wasn't to bothered with cable picture as well but if I had 1 gripe it would be this noise or lack of clarity from screen.

I cant say much about cable because we know the sources are just 720/1080i mostly.So it wont be to pretty.

Do we know if these screen finishes are different and that is main issue?

I tested haunting on hill house,black panther,new star wars movie,blade 1 and 2,one punch man and couple other things.

But it really could be that samsung has on filters automatically.

Last edited by wallyesquire; 11-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.
post #4109 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't done much testing on other sources yet because I don't own blu ray or many movies and just watch cable tv and a few netflix things mainly.I tested 7-8 netflix movies and same scenes on the 900F and Q7FN.The Samsung 100% had less noise on all movies and scenes. Doesn't mean looked better but noise/grain wasn't an issue.Now I kept the 900F which means I definitely like the tv and 4k and wasn't to bothered with cable picture as well but if I had 1 gripe it would be this noise or lack of clarity from screen.

I cant say much about cable because we know the sources are just 720/1080i mostly.So it wont be to pretty.

Do we know if these screen finishes are different and that is main issue?

I tested haunting on hill house,black panther,new star wars movie,blade 1 and 2,one punch man and couple other things.

But it really could be that samsung has on filters automatically.
Please stop using ‘grain’ and ‘noise’ interchangeably.
post #4110 of 10345 Old 11-14-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Please stop using ‘grain’ and ‘noise’ interchangeably.
Its what it is,simple as that.I have had people not know what I meant until I said both.I don't assume.Also I don't look at them as the same thing on certain sources which I is why I say both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page