2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4432Likes

post #5011 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Your receiver passes 4K but it doesn't pass HDR. You can work around this by connecting any devices with HDR capability directly to the HDMI 2 or 3 ports. Otherwise if you upgrade your AVR, try to get something that passes Dolby Vision, has more than the 4 HDMI inputs your current AVR has. If you have plans for ATMOS, get an AVR with ATMOS capability. Or DTS:Virtual X at the very least.
Ok thank you. I currently have cable box and ps4 running through hdmi switch into port 2. I dont have any other devices.

Prob a stupid question.. Should I have the devices running to the receiver or tv? Does it matter?

Also, is it worth it to upgrade to atmos in your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5012 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Liked: 6775
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
My Comcast cable is transmitted at 720P and I find the upscaling by my B7A as pretty much free of artifacts. It's acceptable for my sports, news and occasional scripted broadcast program. Ah, the VS Fashion Show was REALLY Great too - LOL !! What I consider "serious" viewing is via Netflix - I have the TV connected via Ethernet Cat5 and I'm getting 75MBS. That's plenty of bandwidth to handle Dolby Vision and Atmos feeding my 7.1 system + 2 upfiring speakers. Watching Altered Carbon made my eyes pop, the picture was simply GORGEOUS ! Recently finished Narcos Mexico and again, the picture quality was pristine with plenty of pop during the brightly lit scenes, except for some black crush here and there as you have experienced with your 6 series OLED.

I happened into a magnolia in Bridgewater (NJ) and they have a 77" A1E not far from the entrance and I just stood there in Awe. Pristine turned to spectacular and suddenly, my 65 inches seemed "diminished". I could scrape together the $5K for an LG 77", but I just can't justify that kind of money for an "Upgrade". So, the thought of a bigger screen is compelling, especially if I can get 90% of what I have in PQ, and perhaps better performance in some areas (moton) - but not for $5K. I'm still drifting through BB and now eyeball the 75X900F and it seems to look better each time a I pass through. Bigger indeed does seem to be better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Go 85 if you have the room and sit 15 feet from screen. I know that BB well, I live in Warren. I was tempted by the 85 but figured moving from a 65 inch to a 75 would be sufficiently bigger. Like I said, they play pristine sources at BB which will look spectacular on the oleds, it’s when things are less than pristine that the leds could do better. Regards. Nd.
Go 85" unless you are total "quality" kinda guy, if you are a total "quality" kinda guy "quantity" will never do, then get the 77 OLED.....
post #5013 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1824 Post(s)
Liked: 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Go 85" unless you are total "quality" kinda guy, if you are a total "quality" kinda guy "quantity" will never do, then get the 77 OLED.....
Quality = OLED

OLED = Tinting and Banding Issues

Tinting and Banding Issues = Quality

What's wrong with this equation?

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5014 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
For the 85" (XBR85X900F), could someone tell me the distance from the rear stand to the front of the screen? I know the Sony specs say that the "width with stand" is 15 5/8", but that's for the full width (back of legs to front of legs), I'm only looking for the clearance needed from back legs to the front of the screen.

Reason: I have a 120" projection screen that drops down in front of the TV and I only have 12" of clearance. I'm ok if the front legs stick out past 12", but the screen cannot.

Pet peeve: why can't manufacturers provide a diagram with all of these detailed dimensions, doesn't seem that hard to provide this, and many of us have specific installation needs

Thanks!
post #5015 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Your in good shape. I measured about 8 inches from front of screen to back of leg.
post #5016 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitebuilder View Post
Your in good shape. I measured about 8 inches from front of screen to back of leg.
Ack, just re read your post. The 8 inches is from my 65" set.
post #5017 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Is there an app on the sony i might be missing that aggregates searching for movies and tv shows across multiple platforms.. ie: netflix/amazon/vudu etc then launches the corresponding service.. i forget what the samsung tv one was called.. for now i side loaded justwatch, but it really cant do much and the remote doesnt seem to work at all with it (had to use bt keyboard, might as well just use the app on the phone then open manually the service once searched). Seems most of my sideloaded apps the controller isnt working or even the android control app either.

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com
post #5018 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottwoodwork View Post
Ok thank you. I currently have cable box and ps4 running through hdmi switch into port 2. I dont have any other devices.

Prob a stupid question.. Should I have the devices running to the receiver or tv? Does it matter?

Also, is it worth it to upgrade to atmos in your opinion?
I'd recommend connecting your devices to the AVR, and then connect the AVR via HDMI cable to port 3 of your Sony 900F. The cable box (I assume its not a 4K cable box) and PS4 are not 4K HDR, their pic quality won't be affected by running through the AVR. But you'll get the best sound quality from these devices by running thru the AVR first. The HDMI connection from AVR to Sony 900F, will also return sound from the 900F apps to the AVR and you'll optimize sound from these sources as well.
ATMOS is great for movies and HDR gaming but not really important for viewing other content like sports. If you have the budget for ATMOS, the room to accomodate it and want the best movie sound quality you can get its well worth it.

If and when you add HDR capable devices in the future such as a UHD player or a HDR streaming device like Apple TV4K, Roku 4K, Amazon Fire TV 4K you'll want to either upgrade your AVR or start connecting these devices to port 2 of the 900F.
JScottwoodwork likes this.
post #5019 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixion View Post
For the 85" (XBR85X900F), could someone tell me the distance from the rear stand to the front of the screen? I know the Sony specs say that the "width with stand" is 15 5/8", but that's for the full width (back of legs to front of legs), I'm only looking for the clearance needed from back legs to the front of the screen.

Reason: I have a 120" projection screen that drops down in front of the TV and I only have 12" of clearance. I'm ok if the front legs stick out past 12", but the screen cannot.

Pet peeve: why can't manufacturers provide a diagram with all of these detailed dimensions, doesn't seem that hard to provide this, and many of us have specific installation needs[...]
Sony does provide such a diagram:

http://sonypremiumhome.com/pdfs/XBR-...iew_w_assy.pdf
Sharp45 likes this.
post #5020 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 269
2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk)

Just wanted to say that it's been a week so far with my 85X900F and I am truly loving it.

This set went into my living room where I had a LG 65C7P, which is now in my bedroom.

Last night I went to bed, fired up the OLED to watch some episodes of Designated Survivor on Netflix and I must say, I really enjoyed it more on the 85X900F.

Yes, you get the terrific contrast but wow, the dreaded banding really stood out like a sore thumb.

For all it's cons about some
blooming, just having the awesome Sony processing and great 85 inches of real estate more than makes up for it in the grand scheme of things. At this point, I rather deal with a 85" screen with it's inherited flaws, over a 65" OLED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adamg (Ret-Navy) likes this.

JVC DLA-NX7BK / 125" 2.40:1 Stewart StudioTek 100 / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite

Last edited by ERuiz; 12-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.
post #5021 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
I'd recommend connecting your devices to the AVR, and then connect the AVR via HDMI cable to port 3 of your Sony 900F. The cable box (I assume its not a 4K cable box) and PS4 are not 4K HDR, their pic quality won't be affected by running through the AVR. But you'll get the best sound quality from these devices by running thru the AVR first. The HDMI connection from AVR to Sony 900F, will also return sound from the 900F apps to the AVR and you'll optimize sound from these sources as well.
ATMOS is great for movies and HDR gaming but not really important for viewing other content like sports. If you have the budget for ATMOS, the room to accomodate it and want the best movie sound quality you can get its well worth it.

If and when you add HDR capable devices in the future such as a UHD player or a HDR streaming device like Apple TV4K, Roku 4K, Amazon Fire TV 4K you'll want to either upgrade your AVR or start connecting these devices to port 2 of the 900F.
Ok great. I appreciate your time helping me out.

I did pick up the xg1v4 comcast 4k box. Although any 4k content I do watch now is streamed through x900 built in apps. I just figured it wouldnt hurt to get the 4k box. Is there any benefit to having this for upconverting? and should I set the output of cable box to 4k if not streaming 4k content from it?

Is there a benefit to having a fire 4k streaming device instead of using the prime app on tv? I have the standard fire tv but never plugged it in as I figured was easier to stream from tv.

In reference to atmos when you say the room to accomodate it, is that referring to adding additional speakers? I plan on keeping my in wall 5.1 speakers.

I hope you dont mind the questions. I have a lot to learn here
post #5022 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:

I did pick up the xg1v4 comcast 4k box. Although any 4k content I do watch now is streamed through x900 built in apps. I just figured it wouldnt hurt to get the 4k box. Is there any benefit to having this for upconverting? and should I set the output of cable box to 4k if not streaming 4k content from it?

Is there a benefit to having a fire 4k streaming device instead of using the prime app on tv? I have the standard fire tv but never plugged it in as I figured was easier to stream from tv.

In reference to atmos when you say the room to accomodate it, is that referring to adding additional speakers? I plan on keeping my in wall 5.1 speakers.

Set your cable box to output the native resolution of the content if possible. If this is not possible, then set it to 1080P (or 720P) and let the Sony do the upscaling. Or you could set it to 4K for everything and then compare to see what looks better to you.

Streaming from the internal apps is probably going to be better for you but there may be some exceptions.

Regarding ATMOS, yes I was referring to the room and if it accomodates ceiling speakers (preferably four, but two will provide ATMOS as well). You can add ceiling speakers to your existing 5.1 setup.
post #5023 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 6
new 65x900f

I purchased this set around blk fri- replacing a 70w830b(which I really liked). let me say I don't miss that extra 5" at all, the pq more than makes up for the difference! everything looks cleaner, sharper, and more colorful.
that being said I am disappointed in 2 things-
1st-reflections are actually worse for me. my old set gave any reflections as a point source, the 900f shows the source as much smaller and more diffuse but that 'diffusion can go across the screen. kind like a wavy beam. the 'beam' is only really noticeable in darker scenes and varies with the angle and color temp of the light source involved. of course I have ways to mitigate this but still annoying.
2nd- pixellation. seems to happen with thing like lightning and some scene transitions. now I have only really noticed it in feeds from cable and some streaming so i wonder if upscaling/vid processing is part of the equation. have not been able to pin it down yet.

just an fyi to anyone looking at this set- direct viewing is awesome- but u don't have to get very far off-angle for the pq to start deteriorating. ouside of that I would(and do) rec this set to anyone-especially at current prices
and if anyone has suggestions for either of my probs-all advice appreciated

Last edited by mik2h; 12-10-2018 at 12:17 AM.
post #5024 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Liked: 6775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Quality = OLED

OLED = Tinting and Banding Issues

Tinting and Banding Issues = Quality

What's wrong with this equation?
Overall "picture" quality rating by "most people" and "reviewer's", no item is perfect of course......
post #5025 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 16
SO I have a 55 x900e and am about to get a 65 x900f. All this blooming talk has me concerned. Its never been an issue for me with the 900e but I confess I really only watch tv with the lights on. Is the blooming with the lights on that noticeable? Would it be similar to the 900e with respect to blooming? Thanks!
post #5026 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Just wanted to say that it's been a week so far with my 85X900F and I am truly loving it.

This set went into my living room where I had a LG 65C7P, which is now in my bedroom.

Last night I went to bed, fired up the OLED to watch some episodes of Designated Survivor on Netflix and I must say, I really enjoyed it more on the 85X900F.

Yes, you get the terrific contrast but wow, the dreaded banding really stood out like a sore thumb.

For all it's cons about some
blooming, just having the awesome Sony processing and great 85 inches of real estate more than makes up for it in the grand scheme of things. At this point, I rather deal with a 85" screen with it's inherited flaws, over a 65" OLED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too am pretty happy with my 85, 900 F. I clearly have a lot to learn. Great experiences so far with 4K ATV. Not as pleased with watching NFL content. Picture gets less sharp , a little grainy on action from the sideline and end zone cameras. I realize I likely haven’t set things up correctly to optimize my picture and wonder what you are utilizing. I started with rtings set up but haven’t tweaked much otherwise. What should I be looking at to improve football watching? Does anyone use an OTA antenna to improve the picture and is it better than direct tv?

Also TV wants to update but I haven’t done it yet? Is this worthwhile ? Plenty of my apple updates have slowed my phone so I tend to wait a bit before updating.

Thanks
post #5027 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:

You have a Comcast 4K box? Darn!! I'm stuck with Spectrum, Charter, Time Warner, or whatever they call it now, and i supposedly have the their best HD cable box. I have a 900f and the picture is amazing, but i need a newer box that is current with technology and not something that was made in the prehistoric times.
Comcast nor XFinity is in my area.
post #5028 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:

Small point Ports 1 and 4 also support 4K HDR @30fps , you only need to use enhanced on ports 2/3 if you are running @60fps . Agree totally on connecting straight to the AVR if possible to support the greatest variety of audio formats BUT if necessary port 1/4 will support any cable/satellite box, 4K or not, out there.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #5029 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Doesn't Direct TV broadcast its 4K content with HLG? If so, I believe you'll need to use port #2 or #3 in order to properly display HDR.
Dish Network Hopper3 had 4K with HDR during the Winter Olympics, Port 1 was just fine. The data rate that ports 1 and 4 offer work just fine with HDR as long as it isn't 60fps 4:4:4 content.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #5030 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
Small point Ports 1 and 4 also support 4K HDR @30fps , you only need to use enhanced on ports 2/3 if you are running @60fps . Agree totally on connecting straight to the AVR if possible to support the greatest variety of audio formats BUT if necessary port 1/4 will support any cable/satellite box, 4K or not, out there.
All 4 ports do 4k/60 just 2/3 are the only one that can do HDR.
post #5031 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxfischer View Post
SO I have a 55 x900e and am about to get a 65 x900f. All this blooming talk has me concerned. Its never been an issue for me with the 900e but I confess I really only watch tv with the lights on. Is the blooming with the lights on that noticeable? Would it be similar to the 900e with respect to blooming? Thanks!
The 900F actually has less blooming then the 900e so if you dont see/notice it on the 900e then you wont with the 900f. I have the 55" 900F and I love it.
post #5032 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello every ony i want to ask about dolby vision is it only in tv app or its supported by ultrahd bluray player
And is it worth over hdr10
post #5033 of 9982 Old 12-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai View Post
The 900F actually has less blooming then the 900e so if you dont see/notice it on the 900e then you wont with the 900f. I have the 55" 900F and I love it.
Had to chime in and say that I totally agree. The 55" 900F is awesome overall, especially when I compare it to the sets I've tried and returned over the past year. Samsung 55MU8000, Samsung 55NU8000, Samsung 55KS9500, Vizio P55-F1, and a Hisense 55" just for the hell of it which was a total waste of time, as it was an awful 4K set when it came to input lag and overall video quality. The 900F appears to be this years winner when it comes to value and quality for the price paid in my honest opinion.
post #5034 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchak View Post
So on my Fios box, which doesn’t offer “Native”, should I choose 720p or 1080i? I know different channels use one or the other, but is there a better choice between the two? I assume I shouldn’t choose 1080p as that would mean the Fios box is always doing some upscaling?

Pretty much every channel on Comcast is 720p. I don't know on the Fios cable. but I'm rather certain that they do the same down conversion for years now and have the box upconvert after transmission. I would set it to 720p for a bit and then change. Go with what you like better after that, but 720p will probably do better.
post #5035 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 AM

Regarding HDR. So ive had my set setup on my Xbox One X for over 2 weeks now using 4k SDR and the settings are dialed in nicely and it looks amazing but Ive not dived into setting up my HDR yet. Im in a darker room so my back light is best at 1 like rting recommended for SDR, however with HDR rtings recommends it to be on max? Is that even in a dark room? It also recommends I use the X-tended Dynamic Range settingas well, I find that a bit odd as X-tended Dynamic Range setting seems to auto control the backlight and makes the manual setting of the backlight do nothing. Any ideas on what settings for HDR I should use in a dark room? Thanks
post #5036 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai View Post
Regarding HDR. So ive had my set setup on my Xbox One X for over 2 weeks now using 4k SDR and the settings are dialed in nicely and it looks amazing but Ive not dived into setting up my HDR yet. Im in a darker room so my back light is best at 1 like rting recommended for SDR, however with HDR rtings recommends it to be on max? Is that even in a dark room? It also recommends I use the X-tended Dynamic Range settingas well, I find that a bit odd as X-tended Dynamic Range setting seems to auto control the backlight and makes the manual setting of the backlight do nothing. Any ideas on what settings for HDR I should use in a dark room? Thanks

It is necessary to get the intended highlights and contrast from HDR, so yes. If it is too bright, you can obviously turn it down. I have mine maxed for both the XB1X and the PS4 Pro.
post #5037 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMRoach View Post
Right now here is what I have, but I’m still tweaking. I watched Annialation on Netflix today in Dobly Vision with a bit of Bias lighting. I was really impressed.

Picture Mode: Dobly Vision(Greyed out)
Brightness: Max(turned it down to about 40 after a bit)
Contrast 90
Gamma: -1
Black Level: 50
Black adjust: off
Adv contrast enhancer: off
Auto local dimming: High
X-tended Dynamic Range: low(sometimes I put this to high/medium, depending on content)
Color: 56
Color temperature: Expert 1
Live color: off
Sharpness: 50
Reality creation: off
Random noise reduction: off
Digital noise reduction: low(only for Netflix or digital video)
Smooth graduation: low(I turn this off for UHD Blu Rays)
Motion flow: custom
Smoothness: 2
Clearness: 1
Cinemotion: High

So far I enjoy these settings. Non DV HDR content I have it set similar, on Cinema Pro with lower brightness.

SDR content I turn the brightness up but otherwise I’m sticking to the same settings. For now

Thanks! Yup it usually has that smell haha

Hi gang! I just got my 65" last week and so far have been loving it. Especially since I'm coming from a 10 yr old 52" Sharp LCD - a time when every single Sharp panel had banding issues with the only question being how severer. These forums were a great resource then and so far have been a great resource with this new one. Thanks all for the excellent info so far. I look forward to contributing where I can!

I've been playing around with different settings to find the best for standard cable and streaming and these have been the best starting point for me. Only thing I find odd is, on every other setting I've tried, the brightness has been set to around 7-20 and with these I have it at 40. If I drop it down it just doesn't look good. Can it be damaging to have the brightness this high at all times?
Also, I'm using a Yamaha TSR-5810 receiver to run STB, xbox ones, and ps3 into with all inputs going into the hdmi-3 ARC port on the tv (so i get the sound back to the receiver for the native apps). Is there a way for the TV to know what is coming into the port and set the picture setting accordingly (cinema pro for STB and game for xbox/ps)? Haven't played around with HDR yet but looking forward to it!
post #5038 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by panfan7 View Post
I too am pretty happy with my 85, 900 F. I clearly have a lot to learn. Great experiences so far with 4K ATV. Not as pleased with watching NFL content. Picture gets less sharp , a little grainy on action from the sideline and end zone cameras. I realize I likely haven’t set things up correctly to optimize my picture and wonder what you are utilizing. I started with rtings set up but haven’t tweaked much otherwise. What should I be looking at to improve football watching? Does anyone use an OTA antenna to improve the picture and is it better than direct tv?

Also TV wants to update but I haven’t done it yet? Is this worthwhile ? Plenty of my apple updates have slowed my phone so I tend to wait a bit before updating.

Thanks
After watching NFL Redzone on Sling TV app on the 85X900F yesterday, I too am not completely satisfied with the clarity for NFL broadcasts. I'd also be interested in anything that would help, but figure it is just the crappy source. I noticed the same on shots from a distance. Close up of players faces seemed to be clear. I have ethernet wired to the TV.

Family Room: Sony XBR75X940C, Denon AVR-3312CI, DirecTv HR-44, Sony PS4, Sony BDP-S590, Monster Power HTS 3600 MKII, Def Tech BP 2002 towers, Def Tech CS-8080HD center channel, Def Tech UIW RCS II Reference In Ceiling Surrounds - Game Room: Sony XBR55850C, Sony KDL-46HX850 (on Golden Tee Live Home Edition) Arachnid Galaxy 3 Dart Machine - Bedroom: Sony KDL-55W900A - Living Room: Sony KDS-R60XBR1 - Patio: Def Tech AW6500
post #5039 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChinn View Post
After watching NFL Redzone on Sling TV app on the 85X900F yesterday, I too am not completely satisfied with the clarity for NFL broadcasts. I'd also be interested in anything that would help, but figure it is just the crappy source. I noticed the same on shots from a distance. Close up of players faces seemed to be clear. I have ethernet wired to the TV.

I was watching an NFL game on CBS through my Optimum cable box and everyone watching was commenting on the clarity and detail. I have the cable box configured to output 1080i and set the TV to wide mode full-pixel per some earlier posted suggestions. Since I haven't fine tuned any settings yet, I simply set it to Sports and dropped the brightness down some. Colors really punched and motion looked fluid.
chiptouz likes this.
post #5040 of 9982 Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Ok, so I've been testing out the X900F for the past week or so. Gray and black uniformity look decent. Everything seems to be in working order. The only thing that looks off is the reflection handling (I mentioned this in an earlier post). It looks like the anti-reflection coating has vertical streaks/stains across the screen (see attached pic; it does not wipe off). You can only really see them when the sun is reflecting off the screen in the afternoon. Is this normal for this tv? I seem to have a decent unit otherwise and I would hate to drag it back to the store to exchange just to get another one with the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	2494568  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version