2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4635Likes

post #5221 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been going back and forth on what to get anyone have experience with 85” in dark room. we sit at like 12 feet. its in out basement media room. we watch some cable tv, movies and games. i would say 40% cable 25% streaming from apple tv roku 25% movies and 10% video games xboxonex ps4 pro. coming from samsung plasma 64”. just want to hear feedback from 85” owners in similar situation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5222 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The ONLY way to fly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey_h_hoch View Post
I have been going back and forth on what to get anyone have experience with 85” in dark room. we sit at like 12 feet. its in out basement media room. we watch some cable tv, movies and games. i would say 40% cable 25% streaming from apple tv roku 25% movies and 10% video games xboxonex ps4 pro. coming from samsung plasma 64”. just want to hear feedback from 85” owners in similar situation

We have an 85" 900F and are 11' back. We upgraded from a 75" 940D and love the 85". It does not feel too close, in fact I could be much closer. It is much more immersive. We watch DTV, 4K BR, and stream from 4K Apple TV. I don't like the android apps and disabled samba (some love it, some hate it YMMV). With the pricing for the 85" I would not consider anything smaller unless you truly can't fit it. Ours is wall hung, very easy and inexpensive to do yourself if you are the slightest bit handy. Wish Sony made an 85"A9F but it would be way out of my price range.
post #5223 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cembros View Post
I just hooked up my new set this morning and I’m having trouble getting the set to output 5.1 audio to my receiver. It will only output in stereo. I’m using the tv’s internal apps, Vudu, Netflix etc. the tv is connected to my pioneer vsx-90 ave with a toslink opticsl cable. I also tried an hdmi cable using ARC with the same result. Any help is appreciated.
You are not alone, it is not tv, some of these apps are not consistent either, Amazon Apps works best with Roku, most of the audio is either 2 channel in TV apps and some times in apple tv 4K apps also. i don't have Netflix right now but it was not very consistent with audio and video either.
i gave up on ARC on this set on my other LG set also. i am going to buy HD fury integral to split ATV 4K connection between tv for video and to AVR audio, i have that setup on my LG OLED TV and it works great for DV. Optical is best setup if you have 5.1 setup or sound bar, arc is too buggy and varies form manufacturers of tv, sound bars and AVR. Dolby Atmos on ARC will be the future for high end sound bar or 4.2.2 systems. the target is Sound bar customers who don't want complicated speakers systems.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5224 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I just hooked up my new set this morning and I’m having trouble getting the set to output 5.1 audio to my receiver. It will only output in stereo. I’m using the tv’s internal apps, Vudu, Netflix etc. the tv is connected to my pioneer vsx-90 ave with a toslink opticsl cable. I also tried an hdmi cable using ARC with the same result. Any help is appreciated.
Did you change your audio settings on the TV? Action Menu -> Speakers -> Audio System
I also have a pioneer VSX 1014TX hooked up using the toslink optical cable. When it is set to TV speakers it only sends out stereo. Only selecting audio system will send surround sound for me. My old TV would always send out 5.1 over toslink, but this one does not. I have not found anyway to make it use speakers and toslink with 5.1 at the same time.
post #5225 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Yea I did that but I also had to change the audio output to auto 2. That did the trick. Can the tv output DD+ or just regular DD?
post #5226 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Yea I did that but I also had to change the audio output to auto 2. That did the trick. Can the tv output DD+ or just regular DD?
I think it does. My receiver does not do DD+. I thought I disabled DD+ somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
post #5227 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2247 Post(s)
Liked: 2129
Optical only does DD. That is one of the advantages of HDMI

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
post #5228 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinCrunch View Post
Sony has the BEST motion handeling, upscaling, and processing in the business.
I really liked the chargers vs chiefs game on my 85 900F. Tonight, the clarity and motion seems off again and I’m fairly sure it’s my own mistake.

Somewhere I read their was a setting that would make Apple TV menu Less clear but improve the picture when watching Apple TV content or perhaps non cable tv content. Last night I received a message when turning on Apple TV that Apple TV had switched tv to Dolby vision at 60 hz? I allowed it to occur..could that be impacting my picture tonight? Just seemed the espn nfl content Thursday was much clearer than tonight’s nfl network game?
post #5229 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

Sent from my iPad usinge the 85Tapatalk
i have the 85 mainly dark room 12 ft away its spectacular. I came from a 75 940d. This pic is from my fire stick stream
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181215_194628139_1544928727100.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	2497416  
post #5230 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panfan7 View Post
I really liked the chargers vs chiefs game on my 85 900F. Tonight, the clarity and motion seems off again and I’m fairly sure it’s my own mistake.

Somewhere I read their was a setting that would make Apple TV menu Less clear but improve the picture when watching Apple TV content or perhaps non cable tv content. Last night I received a message when turning on Apple TV that Apple TV had switched tv to Dolby vision at 60 hz? I allowed it to occur..could that be impacting my picture tonight? Just seemed the espn nfl content Thursday was much clearer than tonight’s nfl network game?
Your ATV probably got reset somehow. Set the default video to 4K SDR and enable matching frame rate and matching range and you should be good

post #5231 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Your ATV probably got reset somehow. Set the default video to 4K SDR and enable matching frame rate and matching range and you should be good

Is this setting on Apple TV or the 900F? Thanks
post #5232 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panfan7 View Post
Is this setting on Apple TV or the 900F? Thanks
ATV4K

post #5233 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
Source devices DO NOT decode the DD+ stream to Atmos and send it via HDMI to a receiver or sound bar. That is not how it works. The source device had to send bitstreamed audio to the receiver or sound bar.

Let's look at three scenarios here: One - Dolby Atmos compressed or lossy - via ARC (internal apps) , Two - Dolby Atmos uncompressed - lossless via a Bluray Player (the ONLY way to obtain uncompressed Dolby Atmos,) and Three - Dolby Atmos via a streamer like Roku, the Fire Cube or Apple 4K TV. And for sake of discussion, let's talk about how your sound is setup - - soundbar or AVR with external speaker system.

For internal apps, think of "source" devices as where the processing takes place for Dolby Atmos decoding for a DD+ audio stream. The same for a streaming "box" that is Dolby Atmos capable. This is different that for a Bluray Player - it's the Bluray Player that is capable of sending bitstreamed audio to your AVR or soundbar. THAT is where the decoding is taking place.

The only way to get Dolby Atmos from Netflix (internal apps via ARC - not a separate device as listed below) is to pass the DD+ stream from your Sony 900F to your AVR via ARC and then to your speaker system. Or, if you have a high end soundbar, like Creative X-FI Sonic Carrier (https://us.creative.com/soniccarrier/) that has onboard processing. Or an Integra DLB5 with Dolby processing - http://www.integrahometheater.com/Pr...ss#prettyPhoto. Some soundbars like the Samsung HW-950 only have Dolby Atmos via a Bluray Player.

****From Samsung***Your UHD content, UHD Blu-ray player, and HW-K950 Soundbar. The perfect combination for incredible entertainment without missing out on the amazing content quality. With 4K Pass-Through, your 4K content will play seamlessly with the additional dynamic 5.1.4ch surround sound.

What do I need to stream with Dolby Atmos audio with Netflix?
  • A Dolby Atmos-capable audio system.
  • A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you’re currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan
  • A Netflix-capable device with Dolby Atmos support
  • Streaming quality set to High or Auto. More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.
Which devices support Dolby Atmos audio with Netflix?

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:
  • Apple TV 4K (requires tvOS 12 or later)
  • LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)
  • Pixela 4K Smart Tuner
  • Sony BRAVIA Android TVs (2018 models)
  • Windows 10 app (requires Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299 or later)
  • Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X
Net-net - you will NOT get Dolby Atmos via DD+ (internal apps) via ARC with a soundbar UNLESS you have a higher end soundbar with processing or you have an AVR or you do not use the internal apps and have one of the following devices listed above for Netflix. And the same for Amazon Prime streaming:

The Amazon Fire TV 3 (pendant) and Fire TV Cube are the only two Fire TV models that support Dolby Atmos. Some smart TVs will also be able to stream the series with Dolby Atmos through the Amazon Prime Video app built into the TV’s operating system. The Roku Ultra and Apple TV running the latest beta version of iOS 12 should also be able to stream with Dolby Atmos.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #5234 of 10838 Old 12-15-2018, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
My Comcast cable is transmitted at 720P and I find the upscaling by my B7A as pretty much free of artifacts. It's acceptable for my sports, news and occasional scripted broadcast program. Ah, the VS Fashion Show was REALLY Great too - LOL !! What I consider "serious" viewing is via Netflix - I have the TV connected via Ethernet Cat5 and I'm getting 75MBS. That's plenty of bandwidth to handle Dolby Vision and Atmos feeding my 7.1 system + 2 upfiring speakers. Watching Altered Carbon made my eyes pop, the picture was simply GORGEOUS ! Recently finished Narcos Mexico and again, the picture quality was pristine with plenty of pop during the brightly lit scenes, except for some black crush here and there as you have experienced with your 6 series OLED.

I happened into a magnolia in Bridgewater (NJ) and they have a 77" A1E not far from the entrance and I just stood there in Awe. Pristine turned to spectacular and suddenly, my 65 inches seemed "diminished". I could scrape together the $5K for an LG 77", but I just can't justify that kind of money for an "Upgrade". So, the thought of a bigger screen is compelling, especially if I can get 90% of what I have in PQ, and perhaps better performance in some areas (moton) - but not for $5K. I'm still drifting through BB and now eyeball the 75X900F and it seems to look better each time a I pass through. Bigger indeed does seem to be better
hello I own a 65b6 for 1.5 year and now the sony 75 900f is a good set , but be aware it is not a dark room performer the 900f have some issue poor black bar and blooming . to counteract this I place led light in the back of the TV bias lightening and is night and day now better contrast , better black ... in case you look the Vizio p series the 75f1 have better black in dark room but have some serious issue of dse and vertical bending hdmi problem , flashlighting blooming plus you can see the led zone going true the screen I try 3 Vizio set , the sony is more uniform almost no dse or banding the upscaler and motion are better than Vizio and the lg , I came from plasma and don't try the Vizio you will notice the flaw coming from oled for the sony if you buy it and don't like the blooming and black bar , put led stripe behind 5 meter rgbw you will not miss the oled black level with led behind the TV , I do it on a cheap Hisense r6 65 inch and the Hisense look almost like a 3000$ TV now deeper black better contrast .
post #5235 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

Hi @casey_h_hoch

We sit at 8.5 feet from our 85X900F and we LOVE IT!!! I do have bias lighting behind it (Media Light Quad System) and in a dark room environment, it's very pleasing to watch with no eye strain.

Image quality? Well, coming from a LG 65C7P, which is now in our master bedroom, I'll take the extra 20" diagonal inches any day, all day. The image quality looks amazing and the size, very theater'ish and immersive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVC DLA-NX7 / 125" 2.40:1 Stewart StudioTek 100 / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / Apple TV 4K / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #5236 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 02:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello guys!

Im thinking about getting the XF9005, and i would have an important question about it.
Im going from C8 OLED, because im not satisfied with motion on it. Yes i know its bad, and my fault, but i always used Motion interpolation, and always find the right mode to get 24p movies more fluid, without getting too much soap opera effect. However, i cant on C8, and i got eyestrain and headache from it, so im jumping on the XF9005.

My friend has the 75XE9005, which is the XF predecessor, and he got a problem, which would be a deal breaker for me. When he watching movies with subtitles and motion interpolation enabled, sometimes the subtitles just vibrating and flickering if there is a moving on the screen or something. Since i want to use interpolation, and always watching movies with subtitles, it would be a big problem for me.

Thanks!
post #5237 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
NO, SOURCE DEVICES DON’T DECODE ATMOS. They don’t.

The audio processing does not take place in the internal app, if by processing you mean decoding to PCM. Not for Atmos. The only way Atmos works is if the source device, including a TV with internal apps, sends the audio as a bitstream. There is no provision for it working as you describe. The TV app sends a DD+ bitstream to the AVR or sound bar. That DD+ bitstream can include Atmos.

You’ve discussed the Samsung manuals. The Samsung manuals make this crystal clear. They say to send bitstream audio from all sources connected via HDMI, either using the two HDMI inputs or the ARC enabled HDMI connector on the TV. The Audio Return Channel has the same audio capabilities as the two HDMI inputs.

Finally, the Fire Stick 4K also does Atmos audio.

If you want Dolby Atmos sound, simply read my post on how to get it to work with your setup. Dolby Atmos via ARC and DD+ is different than Dolby Atmos via bitstream and your Blu-ray player.

“Since Dolby Atmos is NOT a codec and is carried as an extension to existing codecs, there's an "audio format specific" byte in each SAD that indicates whether a device supports Dolby Atmos. A source device that wants to send Atmos to a sink device can check for Dolby Atmos support in the SAD for each Dolby audio codec.

It's common for televisions to support stereo PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and it's common for AVRs and sound bars to additionally support Dolby TrueHD. When a source device connects to a sink device, it reads the E-EDID to see what codecs it supports before sending audio. In the case where the sink device doesn't support the source's audio codec, the source device will decode the audio and send stereo or 5.1 PCM audio.”

Hence, for Dolby Atmos via DD+, if you do not have an Dolby Atmos AVR or soundbar (sink device) that supports the source audio codec, your soundbar won’t “light up” showing Dolby Atmos and you’ll get stereo or 5.1 PCM audio, at best. You won’t get uncompressed DolbyTrueHD audio from any streaming source.

Therefore, if you want Dolby Atmos from your streaming sources, simply read my post on how it works for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

From Dolby Laboratories:

https://developer.dolby.com/blog/dolby-audio-over-hdmi-part-2-signaling-and-carriage/[/url]

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)

Last edited by Ricoflashback; 12-16-2018 at 06:00 AM.
post #5238 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 357
I think both you guys are right. A source device or the sink device can decode the stream depending on the device

ATV4K as an example decodes stream and sends multi channel PCM.
NV Shield as the other example does not decode. It bitstreams meaning it just passes the signal along.
Then there are devices that can do either depending on how you configure the settings
I prefer the sink audio device to do the decoding.

We have a lot of cool technology these days but it isnt always easy. You have to look at the capabilities of what you have (or need) and figure out how best to make it works for your requirements.

As far as TV ARC I would say that bitstream would be most common way to get Atmos assuming the target audio system supports it.

Last edited by sjm817; 12-16-2018 at 08:17 AM.
post #5239 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey dumb question. I just want to make sure that I haven’t missed anything in my set up.

Is there an actual setting anywhere for “turning on” the 4K upscaling or does it just happen automatically? I have enabled the enhanced hdmi setting and have the picture set to pixel matching.

Thanks!
post #5240 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question: Does anyone get an HDR notification on this set when HDR is being displayed? I get a Dolby Vision banner on my Apple TV 4K - but not for HDR content. When I hit the display button, I see that 4K is being displayed but not some HDR banner like I have on other sets.

For reference, I'm running the 900F and Apple TV 4K into a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver that is capable of HDR/DV. High speed HD cables (Monoprice). Enhanced display enabled. Match frame rate/range is enabled on ATV4K.
post #5241 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerhd View Post
Hey dumb question. I just want to make sure that I haven’t missed anything in my set up.

Is there an actual setting anywhere for “turning on” the 4K upscaling or does it just happen automatically? I have enabled the enhanced hdmi setting and have the picture set to pixel matching.

Thanks!
You dont have to turn it on (on any 4K TV). Its a 4K panel and that is the only resolution it can display. It has to upscale anything not 4K. There are some tweaks with the X1 processing with the reality creation, ACE etc, but thats another topic.
post #5242 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerhd View Post

Thanks!
The panel can only display 4K so everything not 4K is upscaled. There is no setting to change.
post #5243 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter1001 View Post
Question: Does anyone get an HDR notification on this set when HDR is being displayed? I get a Dolby Vision banner on my Apple TV 4K - but not for HDR content. When I hit the display button, I see that 4K is being displayed but not some HDR banner like I have on other sets.

For reference, I'm running the 900F and Apple TV 4K into a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver that is capable of HDR/DV. High speed HD cables (Monoprice). Enhanced display enabled. Match frame rate/range is enabled on ATV4K.
No HDR banner. If you hit the action button and go to picture setting you will see it there.
post #5244 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:

Hello all 900f size will not perform well in dark environment , blooming and black bar , the 900f need more local dimming zone , you will need bias lightening (led strip behind the TV rgbw 75 inch take me 5 meter) to have nice black bar and less blooming . I own 2 plasma pany and samsung and 1 oled and believe me I did not like the 900f at all in dark room , keep in mind you will need the led strip . the upscaling is super super good streaming cable Android apple roku, almost no dse or vertical bending , some gaming no problem the screen is fast , I hope it will help you but 85 inch not many choices on the market the sony is the only fald tv 85 since leeco max85 is out
post #5245 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 1592
I don't get a HDR notification. You can verify HDR by going to action menu>picture settings. It will show HDR in the header.

Spoiler!
post #5246 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Anyone having issues with ARC sometimes not working? I use a Yamaha AVR and sometimes when i switch from watching my cable box (HDMI to AVR to TV) to a native app like Netflix (HDMI ARC to AVR) I get no sound. I can fix it by going into the TV speaker settings, switching to "TV speakers" and back to "Audi System", then the sound will work. Not sure if I'm better off running an optical cable from TV to AVR instead.
post #5247 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the heads up on HDR. I’m not seeing it in the banner either, which makes me think something is up. However I get Dolby Vision banner, so I have no idea what could be going on. Anybody else experience this?
post #5248 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Bought this 65” set last night. Changed a few settings based on a you tubers review and 4K programming via Netflix looks amazing. Dolby Vision is still so-so to me (doesn’t have that “pop” effect”. . I have to say though, Xfinity cable leaves much to be desired. I went with this set due to the chip and I have not been that impressed with the picture on channels such as ESPN or other regular programming. Anyone else with Xfinity service that has a similar issue?
post #5249 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by raypjuarez View Post
Bought this 65” set last night. Changed a few settings based on a you tubers review and 4K programming via Netflix looks amazing. Dolby Vision is still so-so to me (doesn’t have that “pop” effect”. . I have to say though, Xfinity cable leaves much to be desired. I went with this set due to the chip and I have not been that impressed with the picture on channels such as ESPN or other regular programming. Anyone else with Xfinity service that has a similar issue?
Just an opinion but I would think that the use of different cameras, especially on ESPN would cause a number of problems. Plus the cable company also has an effect. Going back to when we first had 1080p there were many times that the picture quality just wasn't the best. These larger sets are going to show many problems unless watching 4K on Amazon or Netflix.
While I'm at it I dislike the remote with the 900f compared to the older Sony remotes.

Hugh Campbell
post #5250 of 10838 Old 12-16-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter1001 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on HDR. I’m not seeing it in the banner either, which makes me think something is up. However I get Dolby Vision banner, so I have no idea what could be going on. Anybody else experience this?
That's normal unfortunately. Ideally an HDR/DV badge would show up when hitting the display button on the remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page