2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4191Likes

post #5371 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
wouldn't it be easier to program DTV remote for SONY TV, when watching DTV most used button will be on directv remote, wouldn't it be better that way, wondering why you want to go other way around, once you set setting on TV you won't need Tv remote. best is to use harmony in my opinion.
The way you have described it is how I am currently set up. However, to use the Netflix functionality which comes pre-installed on the 900F I need to use the TV remote. My dream is to use just one remote. Perhaps a Harmony remote would fit the bill but if I brought ANOTHER remote into the house there would be serious repercussions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone knows where I could find this demo video for download? It's normally playing on the 900Fs at BestBuy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.20.57 PM.png
Views:	152
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2498812  

Sony XBR-85X900F & XBR-85X850D | BenQ W1070 | Sony XBR-60LX900 | Denon X4200W & X3200W | Infinity Primus PC351, P363s, P163s
post #5373 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does anyone know what "up time" is under the About tab in the settings menu? It's neither total time used nor time on since last powered off as the times don't correspond.

Sony XBR-65X900F, Sony BDV-E3100, PS3, PS4 (Living Room)
Sony KDL-40V3000, Sony KDL-32R300B (Bedrooms)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5374 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Got my 65 delivered last night. Got it unpacked, setup aaaaand turned it on to find the screen was cracked. Another one got shipped the same day but still... have to wait another week.
post #5375 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ig5 View Post
Hi All,

I have recently had backlight blooming issues with my 3 week old Sony X9000F(Australian Model equivalent to Sony KD FX9005) tv and the replacement on Sunday has the same issue. They guys at my local electronic store from
where I purchased this tv, seem to think they may have received a bad batch of these Sony TVs.
Seems like a lottery these days of getting a good working panel.

This is a great tv to its competitors in that range and I am disappointed that I have had a bad experience with this tv and relunctent to give it a third chance.

I was wondering if owners of the same model tv have the same backlight bleeding or clouding issue. Most think it’s not nornal and don’t risk another replacement and some think it’s normal. I am confused.

Latest firmware has been updated and Factory reset has been done a couple of times.

I have attached a few pics of what my tv looks like at start up, Netflix screen and some pics from lost in space in HDR Streamed from Netflix.

Sony 55X9000F TV blooming Issue

https://imgur.com/a/UabsZ9V

Sony 55X9000F backlight bleed -Llost in space

https://imgur.com/a/EyOsLon

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.
mine is the same.. I think this is just how this TV is

Sony 65inch 900F, Apple TV4k, Xbox one S, sonos 5.1
post #5376 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Glad to have read through got me some monoprice hdmi's and also have my dvd player going through hdmi 2 with my audio going thru reciever now. I have to say it is clearer watching my vudu account since making this switch. Thanks to the group.love my 85 900f
post #5377 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Those who have the 75 inch X900F, how has your experience been? Do you have any complaints or regrets or are you generally happy with the purchase?
post #5378 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Created a new settings thread here.
Just a reminder that calibration settings can be found at PlanetAVS link above Would love to hear settings that work very well for you. Please keep contributing to that thread. I copied PokerJedi's there too.
post #5379 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey folks, just looking for some guidance. Just picked up a 55X900F and trying to figure out the best ports to choose for the following equipment:
Apple TV 4K
PS4 Pro
Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray

I’ve read that ports 2 and 3 can be enabled for full range 4K. Don’t have a A/V receiver and am using a SONOS Playbar with an optical cable running between the TV and the Playbar. Any tips are appreciated.
post #5380 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
somebody here with a 900f having a trick for dolby vision tv are too dim to my taste i try a lot of setting already
post #5381 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
for all of you asking if its a good set in dark room is not
with bias lightening you will have good black performance and better contrast and less blooming

in some kind of dark room

here some pic taken with a dslr canon iso 800

keep in mind its all overexposure to show you , when you see bias lightening is almost black to the eye
and when the bias lightening is off is grey to the eye

notice the picture 7 from the top how dark is the picture in bias lightening
compare to the picture number 8
in reality both of them are dim in dolby vision and are almost the same dim in real life
the camera iso 800 make the picture 8 appear more bright

the hisense dont do this in hdr almost all the same bright

me i prefer the r6 over the 900f in dolby vision hdr for the price nothing is close here in canada
the 900f is too dark in dolby vision you can tweek it too like gama and color to neutral and some contrast setting

i downgrade netflix for regular hd for the 900f the set will perform better

the hisense is not bad at all
look wash out because of the iso 800 of the camera capturing more light

for the led any rgbw led 5050 stripe 5 meter will do the work try to buy non waterproof one they have silicon on them they are dimmer

tubers, KChinn and srkmish like this.

Last edited by dwhitton1; 01-07-2019 at 06:02 AM.
post #5382 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Hi All,

I have recently had backlight blooming issues with my 3 week old Sony X9000F(Australian Model equivalent to Sony KD FX9005) tv and the replacement on Sunday has the same issue. They guys at my local electronic store from
where I purchased this tv, seem to think they may have received a bad batch of these Sony TVs.

This is a great tv to its competitors in that range and I am disappointed that I have had a bad experience with this tv and relunctent to give it a third chance.

I was wondering if owners of the same model tv have the same backlight bleeding or clouding issue. Most think it’s not nornal and don’t risk another replacement and some think it’s normal. I am confused.

Latest firmware has been updated and Factory reset has been done a couple of times.

I have attached a few pics of what my tv looks like at start up, Netflix screen and some pics from lost in space in HDR Streamed from Netflix.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've already returned two 55x900F sets due to different panel issues that occurred within a week. I definitely also noticed the bleeding/clouding issues but compared to others in its price range it's still slightly better in that regard overall, believe it or not. The only way you can avoid the bleeding/clouding issue is by going to OLED, but then you're paying at least $500 more and still ending up with a set that's still prone to having other issues as well.

There's no "perfect" set out there so in the end it all boils down to what you can afford and what you're willing to put up with for the money you spend. I stated earlier in a different post that I was going to give the 900F a third shot, but after thinking it over I'm now going to fork out the extra $ and give the 55" OLED a shot instead as Costco up here in Canada has it on sale for the lowest price yet. If it blows me away overall then it will be worth the difference, but if not and I notice issues with it as well, then I'll go back to give the 900F a third chance instead. In the end, I simply want to feel satisfied for the money I spend for my viewing preferences, which are mainly gaming and movies.
post #5383 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hi All,

hello depend how you see the light from a picture is hard to tell
depend of iso of the camera and exposure time but the 900f is not a dark room performer see mi post on bias lightening led light behind the TV will improve black level and contrast a lot and make the blooming less visible of what I see it look normal
post #5384 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
Those who have the 75 inch X900F, how has your experience been? Do you have any complaints or regrets or are you generally happy with the purchase?
I am very happy what tv offers at this price point, it is FALD set, at this price for 75 inch is remarkable, I would suggest to get a roku ultra or atv 4K to avoid android altogether, I wish the HDR would be a bit brighter, ok for me as it is in dark room, people with bright rooms might have issues. So far no panel issues.
PQ is superb on HD content, at this sized tv HD content quality is difficult as everything is so large the flaws are most notable, so tv do excellent job, 4K is always be better than HD if done right, it is kind of hit and miss between amazon and Netflix main content provider of 4K.
4K Blu-ray is great, I use oppo 203, not sure what it looks from other players.
srkmish likes this.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #5385 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I've already returned two 55x900F sets due to different panel issues that occurred within a week. I definitely also noticed the bleeding/clouding issues but compared to others in its price range it's still slightly better in that regard overall, believe it or not. The only way you can avoid the bleeding/clouding issue is by going to OLED, but then you're paying at least $500 more and still ending up with a set that's still prone to having other issues as well.

There's no "perfect" set out there so in the end it all boils down to what you can afford and what you're willing to put up with for the money you spend. I stated earlier in a different post that I was going to give the 900F a third shot, but after thinking it over I'm now going to fork out the extra $ and give the 55" OLED a shot instead as Costco up here in Canada has it on sale for the lowest price yet. If it blows me away overall then it will be worth the difference, but if not and I notice issues with it as well, then I'll go back to give the 900F a third chance instead. In the end, I simply want to feel satisfied for the money I spend for my viewing preferences, which are mainly gaming and movies.
my oled develop burn in after 4500 hours don't watch nothing with static logo no cable tv or game it will burn in or you have to keep it dark brightness to minimal and play or watch very few game or static logo you can make a burn in in less than12 hours depend of background color red and yellow are the worst a lot of oled burn and it's not cover by the warranty 15 month old my oled I make the move for the sony and with bias lightening is ok not oled black but ok and blooming are ok now , make a search on Google oled burn in you will see not rare at all a lot of problem , oled will give you banding black crush other trouble
post #5386 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6405 Post(s)
Liked: 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyesquire View Post
whats the best tv under $2000 in your opinion?

Any idea whats up next year and worth upgrading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm817 View Post
Z9D at Best Buy for $2K closeout price if you can get one.
As noted, the 65Z9D is a great set, probably the best LED made to date, or for a few hundred more the OLED65C8PUA......
post #5387 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 8
So, the issue I was having with built in netflix having resolution issues, jumping all over the place between 480 all the way to 2160p. I decided to try the good ole full android reboot, and afterwards, netflix played in 2160p without issue. So guess the lesson learned, if your internet is fine and you know it's fine, but netflix (or possibly other apps) are acting like there is a problem, chances are, it's an android is issue. Maybe memory management or cpu or something but either way reboot solved my issue with that.
post #5388 of 9165 Old 12-19-2018, 11:44 PM

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitton1 View Post
for all of you asking if its a good set in dark room is not
with bias lightening you will have good black performance and better contrast and less blooming

in some kind of dark room

here some pic taken with a dslr canon iso 800

keep in mind its all overexposure to show you , when you see bias lightening is almost black to the eye
and when the bias lightening is off is grey to the eye

notice the picture 7 from the top how dark is the picture in bias lightening
compare to the picture number 8
in reality both of them are dim in dolby vision and are almost the same dim in real life
the camera iso 800 make the picture 8 appear more bright

the hisense dont do this in hdr almost all the same bright

me i prefer the r6 over the 900f in dolby vision hdr for the price nothing is close here in canada
the 900f is too dark in dolby vision you can tweek it too like gama and color to neutral and some contrast setting

i downgrade netflix for regular hd for the 900f the set will perform better

the hisense is not bad at all
look wash out because of the iso 800 of the camera capturing more light

for the led any rgbw led 5050 stripe 5 meter will do the work try to buy non waterproof one they have silicon on them they are dimmer

al2o3 compound name
Man. I really wanna pick up an open box Sony x900f and test.

DV sounds horrible on it.

Tested a P55-F1 and DV looks very bright and poppy with Netflix.
dwhitton1 likes this.
post #5389 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 AM

Liked: 64
I can't remember exactly but is it true that this X900F saves two different profiles for a single input? For SD and HDR/DV?

That was one of the reasons where HDR/DV looks pretty bad initially right?
post #5390 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 03:19 AM
Ig5

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

There's no "perfect" set out there so in the end it all boils down to what you can afford and what you're willing to put up with for the money you spend. I stated earlier in a different post that I was going to give the 900F a third shot, but after thinking it over I'm now going to fork out the extra $ and give the 55" OLED a shot instead as Costco up here in Canada has it on sale for the lowest price yet. If it blows me away overall then it will be worth the difference, but if not and I notice issues with it as well, then I'll go back to give the 900F a third chance instead. In the end, I simply want to feel satisfied for the money I spend for my viewing preferences, which are mainly gaming and movies. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Thanks handheldpictures

I am relunctent to give the X900f a 3rd chance like yourself and I am also looking at forking out a bit more for an OLED Tv on Boxing Day sales. Just like yourself if it doesn’t blow me away then I will go back to the x900f and put up with the blooming issue. Seems pretty good on sport(EPL, cricket and Aussie rules) content. Which will be my viewing for 60-70 percent of the time.

Now which OLED tv? I am undecided between the 3. LG OLED C8, Panasonic FZ950/952 or Sony A8F or A9F?

Which OLED Tv are you looking at getting and when?

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the OLED TV when you get one compared to the Sony X900F TV.
post #5391 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I just want to confirm that there is no film I need to remove from the screen correct? I ask because reflections on my 85" are horrible. It's in the living room and the light reflections I get from the ceiling pot lights stretch across the whole screen. In order to watch any dark content I need to have all the lights off.
post #5392 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxfischer View Post
Got my 65 delivered last night. Got it unpacked, setup aaaaand turned it on to find the screen was cracked. Another one got shipped the same day but still... have to wait another week.
I went through this and it seems to be a common problem. I think that if the box had a true bottom it might help.

Hugh Campbell
post #5393 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Hi All,

The first pic is normal. The fald algorithm really doesn’t activate correctly until you’re watching actual content. Don’t worry about seeing clouding during those menus.

The second pic is also normal. This television has pretty severe blooming, but if your panel is fine in every other respect, I wouldn’t worry about it.
post #5394 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Hi All,

The boot screen and the startup screen of the Android Netflix client both do not engage the FALD engine so the clouding and blooming on those screen are pretty normal. Depending on your settings I would say that the Lost in Space screen shot is also fairly representative of these TVs.

So basically what @mzupeman said. I need to learn to read the thread before responding.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony HT-NT5 sound bar with SR-5 rear speakers
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/'Sony PS-4
post #5395 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi folks - we've just purchased and hooked up a 65" 900F. Quite happy with it, although I do need to tweek the colors a bit as skin tones could be better - especially in programs like Survivor. But my question is related to controlling other devices.

After a lot of head scratching and searching in this forum, I've managed to get ARC and HDMI Control working - mostly. My basic hookup is a DirecTV wireless Mini Geni via HMDI to a Yamaha HTR-4066 A/V unit. I have a single HDMI cable running from the Yamaha up to HDMI port 3 on the TV. I can power on/off the TV and Yamaha via the Sony remote, control the volume via the Sony remote - no problem. The DirecTV Geni Mini is most likely not ARC capable - that's OK with me. However, I question how the Sony remote will (if at all) be able to change channels on that DirecTV box. I started trying to set up the IR Blaster but didn't have a lot of luck and gave up. I've since ordered a new Geni Mini - one that supports 4K.

So - will either my current Geni Mini or the new 4K one give me a fairly seamless operation via the Sony IR Blaster, or am I simply going to have to live with using two remotes when watching TV? I'd like to do it all with the Sony remote, if that's possible.

And, if the IR Blaster thing actually does function - how does one go about changing channels on the DirecTV box using the Sony remote? The user guide is pretty sad when it comes to documenting how to actually "use" things.

Thanks, Jim

Jim, in the city of Folsom, CA. (NOT the prison!)
post #5396 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Sadly, cable, Sat boxes dont usually support CEC so other methods have to be used. The IR blaster is probably at least worth a shot. I use OTA so never messed with it myself. CEC controls everything for me. There is some info on setting it up in the manual https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../47319111M.pdf page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6JHB View Post
Hi folks - we've just purchased and hooked up a 65" 900F. Quite happy with it, although I do need to tweek the colors a bit as skin tones could be better - especially in programs like Survivor. But my question is related to controlling other devices.

After a lot of head scratching and searching in this forum, I've managed to get ARC and HDMI Control working - mostly. My basic hookup is a DirecTV wireless Mini Geni via HMDI to a Yamaha HTR-4066 A/V unit. I have a single HDMI cable running from the Yamaha up to HDMI port 3 on the TV. I can power on/off the TV and Yamaha via the Sony remote, control the volume via the Sony remote - no problem. The DirecTV Geni Mini is most likely not ARC capable - that's OK with me. However, I question how the Sony remote will (if at all) be able to change channels on that DirecTV box. I started trying to set up the IR Blaster but didn't have a lot of luck and gave up. I've since ordered a new Geni Mini - one that supports 4K.

So - will either my current Geni Mini or the new 4K one give me a fairly seamless operation via the Sony IR Blaster, or am I simply going to have to live with using two remotes when watching TV? I'd like to do it all with the Sony remote, if that's possible.

And, if the IR Blaster thing actually does function - how does one go about changing channels on the DirecTV box using the Sony remote? The user guide is pretty sad when it comes to documenting how to actually "use" things.

Thanks, Jim
post #5397 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughScot View Post
I went through this and it seems to be a common problem. I think that if the box had a true bottom it might help.
The issue is how it was shipped from the seller and how it arrived from the carrier. We would receive Sony sets via a nationwide ground carrier from our distributor.
The disty always ships the TV palletized & strapped. But often when the carrier delivered them, they were removed from the pallets and just leaned up against the truck wall.
Without the stabilizing/isolating pallets, who knows how they were handled en route to us? We would get TVs with cracked screens and other hardware issues fairly often, until finally after us complaining so much, the disty finally switched carriers, and these problems completely went away. So the freight company charges the shipper for the volume of space to hold their pallets, but then would remove the TVs from pallets to give them more room to cram more stuff in their trailers...double dipping freight charges much?

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
Sony x65-900F+ShieldTV+ Kodi Leia=>SR6010=>Integra DTA-70.1=>Chane A1.4 x 3 + DCM OW-1s x 2 + 1 x RSL Speedwoofer10 S+ 1 x Sunfire HRS12
post #5398 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm817 View Post
Sadly, cable, Sat boxes dont usually support CEC so other methods have to be used. The IR blaster is probably at least worth a shot. I use OTA so never messed with it myself. CEC controls everything for me. There is some info on setting it up in the manual https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../47319111M.pdf page 12
Yes, I saw that pathetic "guide" in the manual related to the IR Blaster. Unfortunately, it says nothing about what to do after setting up the IR blaster. Sony should be ashamed to supply a feeble guide like that with a $1,700 TV. Is there nowhere else to see what can be done with the IR blaster for the STB and how it operates?

Jim, in the city of Folsom, CA. (NOT the prison!)
post #5399 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Folks,

Just bought 49" 900F and very happy with overall purchase. I have question regarding use of streaming app for live TV. Currently I am trying out PSVue and Sling TV (both on trial basis for a month comparison). It came with PSVue app preloaded and I installed Sling TV app. My question is how can I set one of these app (e.g. PSVue) to be my default TV app? i.e. when I press TV button on the remote, I would like it to open PSVue app and take me to last channel I was watching, or when I press GUIDE button on remote, I would like it open guide menu in PSVue. The way I am currently do this takes 15-20 seconds and at least 4-5 button press before I can get to PSVue channel guide or live channel. (turn on TV -> press HOME -> navigate to PSVue app and select-> select Guide). In this process, starting PSVue itself take 14 seconds. I am a recent cord-cutter and trying out streaming apps for live TV. So far I have positive experience with PSVue in terms of streaming quality and channels available. Their TV interface (especially the DVR interface) can benefit from improvements but it is usable.

--thanks
focus530
post #5400 of 9165 Old 12-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Thanks handheldpictures

I am relunctent to give the X900f a 3rd chance like yourself and I am also looking at forking out a bit more for an OLED Tv on Boxing Day sales. Just like yourself if it doesn’t blow me away then I will go back to the x900f and put up with the blooming issue. Seems pretty good on sport(EPL, cricket and Aussie rules) content. Which will be my viewing for 60-70 percent of the time.

Now which OLED tv? I am undecided between the 3. LG OLED C8, Panasonic FZ950/952 or Sony A8F or A9F?

Which OLED Tv are you looking at getting and when?

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the OLED TV when you get one compared to the Sony X900F TV.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you do have dimming turned on. If not try med to high.

You will get a bit of bleed on HDR content. SDR should not see any bleed. Dimming is not enabled in certain menus. Netflix opening screen isn't enabled but when selecting your profile and in the selection screen it should look normal.

Probably not the best place to discuss pros and cons for different TVs. But I'm in Australia too the thing I will say about Sony still has the best motion, upscaling, clarity, etc. Although the new LG C8 is a good improvement over the C7. Most of our free to air content is still 576p and the Sony TVs do the best job of upscaling. If your watching foxtel extensively than they have a pretty awful compression techniques.

If you watch TV in a very dark room OLED be better or use bias lighting.

If your set on getting an OLED the A8F would be a good choice. LG C8 is a flagship TV and usually $1000 cheaper than equivalent A8F. I do like Sony and LG TVs it's always a difficult choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page