2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 186 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4193Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5551 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheinz View Post
Can someone please explain to me what bias lighting is, what it does, how it works, where you get it, how to install it, etc., for the 75x900F? I am not familiar with it in any way. Thanks.
yes go page 180 see my post is rgbw led stripe 5 meter glue behind the tv
dwhitton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5552 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
I see a lot of complaints with respect to Dolby Vision and HDR Content being too dark on reddit threads. Have others here experienced the same?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comm...is_not_talked/

https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/commen...ark_scenes_is/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comm...by_on_a_x900f/
yes , contrast option all to max , black detail all to max , gama to max set will go brighter
dwhitton is offline  
post #5553 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
I'm in your exact situation. I bought the 65 inch C8 in March. Loved it, but didn't realize I undershot my room until my basement was complete and everything was moved in (I sit 13 feet away with a 4 person couch, complimented by some rarely used side seating). I just sold my C8 and have ordered the 75 900F arriving Sunday. The 65 was on the "good size" scale. By my calculations the 75 will be on the "wow that's big" scale, which is what I want. I also never really watched movies in pitch black. One of those learn as you go type things I suppose.
yes you will be happy I was on 65 oled before too , I was 11 feet away now I made wow . if you have the room buy a projector I have one 3d Epson 120inch screen in the basement cheap 699$ you seat at 8 feet is crazy , for sport is super good .
dwhitton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5554 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
I'm in your exact situation. I bought the 65 inch C8 in March. Loved it, but didn't realize I undershot my room until my basement was complete and everything was moved in (I sit 13 feet away with a 4 person couch, complimented by some rarely used side seating). I just sold my C8 and have ordered the 75 900F arriving Sunday. The 65 was on the "good size" scale. By my calculations the 75 will be on the "wow that's big" scale, which is what I want. I also never really watched movies in pitch black. One of those learn as you go type things I suppose.

I know it's all subjective and more power to you, but at 13 feet away, I really doubt a 75" is big enough to be on the "wow that's big" scale. Not trying to be harsh or anything. Just pointing that out.

I have an 85" 900F and we sit 7.5/8.5 feet away and this gives us a much recommended viewing angle of 40/36 degrees per THX standards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey no worries at all. I definitely understand your point. I guess I should rephrase then. It's going from average size to good size scale. Either way, budget only allowed for 3k so moving up to 75 is a 33% improvement. That being said, maybe you could answer the question posed by @srkmish . You reference thx so i assume you have a good eye for detail. Any dark issues via dolby vision on the 900f?

Last edited by Ben Larkins; 12-26-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Ben Larkins is offline  
post #5555 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So I got my first 65 delivered and the screen was broken. Got the replacement today and there's a big tear in the front of the box. I decide to roll the dice and accept it and looks good!

Screen is in tact and I ran some tests and notice no dse or stuck pixels. There's a bit of blooming but nothing that I find distracting.

I have some bias lighting from another TV but the damn thing stays on even when the tv is off. Kinda distracting at night as my bedroom lines up with the living room where the tv is.
themaxfischer is offline  
post #5556 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 11:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxfischer View Post
So I got my first 65 delivered and the screen was broken. Got the replacement today and there's a big tear in the front of the box. I decide to roll the dice and accept it and looks good!

Screen is in tact and I ran some tests and notice no dse or stuck pixels. There's a bit of blooming but nothing that I find distracting.

I have some bias lighting from another TV but the damn thing stays on even when the tv is off. Kinda distracting at night as my bedroom lines up with the living room where the tv is.
you can buy a USB switch to fix your issue or this cheaper , https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1pc-USB-Cabl...hB1:rk:18:pf:0

Last edited by dwhitton; 12-26-2018 at 11:27 PM.
dwhitton is offline  
post #5557 of 9168 Old 12-26-2018, 11:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KoRn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
I'm in your exact situation. I bought the 65 inch C8 in March. Loved it, but didn't realize I undershot my room until my basement was complete and everything was moved in (I sit 13 feet away with a 4 person couch, complimented by some rarely used side seating). I just sold my C8 and have ordered the 75 900F arriving Sunday. The 65 was on the "good size" scale. By my calculations the 75 will be on the "wow that's big" scale, which is what I want. I also never really watched movies in pitch black. One of those learn as you go type things I suppose.
yes you will be happy I was on 65 oled before too , I was 11 feet away now I made wow . if you have the room buy a projector I have one 3d Epson 120inch screen in the basement cheap 699$ you seat at 8 feet is crazy , for sport is super good .
He won’t be wowed going from a 65 to 75. I sure was not. But going from the 75 900E to 85 900F that did wow me and the difference is certainly noticeable. Not so much with a 65 vs 75.
KoRn is offline  
post #5558 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 12:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
I see a lot of complaints with respect to Dolby Vision and HDR Content being too dark on reddit threads. Have others here experienced the same?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comm...is_not_talked/

https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/commen...ark_scenes_is/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comm...by_on_a_x900f/
Yep. Like others have mentioned, maxing gamma really helps. Xtended dynamic range to medium or high also seems to help. Black level 50. Brightness and contrast should of course be maxed.
srkmish likes this.
grey15 is offline  
post #5559 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 01:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitton View Post
you can buy a USB switch to fix your issue or this cheaper , https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1pc-USB-Cabl...hB1:rk:18:pf:0
Oh! Thanks! I didn't know such a beast existed
dwhitton likes this.
themaxfischer is offline  
post #5560 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 02:45 AM
Senior Member
 
tubers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey15 View Post
Yep. Like others have mentioned, maxing gamma really helps. Xtended dynamic range to medium or high also seems to help. Black level 50. Brightness and contrast should of course be maxed.
Does that completely destroy a calibrated hdr/dv setting or calibrated HDR/DV is impossible on this set with good brightness?
tubers is offline  
post #5561 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 02:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey15 View Post
Yep. Like others have mentioned, maxing gamma really helps. Xtended dynamic range to medium or high also seems to help. Black level 50. Brightness and contrast should of course be maxed.


XDR should definitely be on high for any hdr content. I’ve found contrast set to max for DV content works well
ocat is offline  
post #5562 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 03:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys looking for a bit of advice here regarding using an Xbox One X with this TV. I have a PS4 Pro on HDMI 2, and the Xbox on HDMI 3, so both on the "Enhanced" inputs, and both have Enhanced mode on.

On the PS4 Pro, as I mentioned many pages back, as long as I have Auto Picture Mode automatically selecting Game Mode for me, the picture is good with no banding.

The problem is, for some reason, Auto Picture Mode doesn't recognise the Xbox One X and won't select Game Mode automatically so I have to do it myself. This results in even worse colour banding than I saw with the PS4 Pro if I were to manually select Game Mode with that.

Now, if I manually select "10-bit" instead of "8-bit" colour depth in the Xbox One X settings, the banding is resolved. However, from what I understand, 10-bit really is only meant for HDR enabled games, and the Xbox One X dashboard/home screen where I initially see the banding is SDR, as would any non-HDR games be.

My question is, this seems to be an issue, I'm guessing, with this TVs ability to convert/upscale 8-bit content correctly in Game Mode to "fit" with the 10-bit panel of the TV. Is there any real downside with forcing the Xbox One X into "10-bit" even for SDR content? It totally resolves the banding, and I don't see any other negative picture issues by doing so... but technically it's making the Xbox "upscale" 8-bit to 10-bit right? Is that a bad thing if the TV is failing to do so adequately?

Last edited by Steve Kaye; 12-27-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Steve Kaye is offline  
post #5563 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kaye View Post
Hey guys looking for a bit of advice here regarding using an Xbox One X with this TV. I have a PS4 Pro on HDMI 2, and the Xbox on HDMI 3, so both on the "Enhanced" inputs, and both have Enhanced mode on.

On the PS4 Pro, as I mentioned many pages back, as long as I have Auto Picture Mode automatically selecting Game Mode for me, the picture is good with no banding.

The problem is, for some reason, Auto Picture Mode doesn't recognise the Xbox One X and won't select Game Mode automatically so I have to do it myself. This results in even worse colour banding that I saw with the PS4 Pro if I were to manually select Game Mode with that.

Now, if I manually select "10-bit" instead of "8-bit" colour depth in the Xbox One X settings, the banding is resolved. However, from what I understand, 10-bit really is only meany for HDR enabled games, and the Xbox One X dashboard/home screen where I initially see the banding is SDR, as would any non-HDR games be.

My question is, this seems to be an issue, I'm guessing, with this TVs ability to convert/upscale 8-bit content correctly in Game Mode to "fit" with the 10-bit panel of the TV. Is there any real downside with forcing the Xbox One X into "10-bit" even for SDR content? It totally resolves the banding, and I don't see any other negative picture issues by doing so... but technically it's making the Xbox "upscale" 8-bit to 10-bit right? Is that a bad thing if the TV is failing to do so adequately?
I believe the TV doesn’t do anything in regards to what you are referring to unless you turn on smooth gradation. Not 100% sure though.
acphydro is offline  
post #5564 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7he_Doctor View Post
So, I've had a 55x900f for about 4 days and i just got an Xbox one x today. Well, the Xbox is saying that my tv doesn't support 4k 10bit at 50 Hz nor at 60hz,and it also says the same about HDR gaming. Am I missing something here.? Any insight would be much appreciated.
If turning on enhanced for ports 2 and 3 doesn’t resolve it you may have to take the Xbox video settings off of auto and set them manually. I had to for my S else it would tell me it didn’t support HDR 10bit or 4K 60hz.
perpotator likes this.
acphydro is offline  
post #5565 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 03:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
I believe the TV doesn’t do anything in regards to what you are referring to unless you turn on smooth gradation. Not 100% sure though.
If I leave the Xbox set to 8-bit, I have to have Smooth Gradation set to High for it to resolve the banding, but I've read that having it set to High could result in loss of detail elsewhere also which I'm not to happy about :/
Steve Kaye is offline  
post #5566 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,381
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
Hey no worries at all. I definitely understand your point. I guess I should rephrase then. It's going from average size to good size scale. Either way, budget only allowed for 3k so moving up to 75 is a 33% improvement. That being said, maybe you could answer the question posed by @srkmish . You reference thx so i assume you have a good eye for detail. Any dark issues via dolby vision on the 900f?


I'm glad you didn't take my response the wrong way!

Yes, DV is definitely "darker" in general, when compared to regular SDR content but I think that's the way it is. It's also like this on my LG 65C7P OLED. I guess it's just the nature of the best. But I have to say this though. Even while it's generally darker, it still looks amazing.

BTW, if you plan on watching this TV in a dark room, I strongly recommend installing bias lighting. I am using the lights from MediaLight and these are true 6500K bias lights. Plus the customer support is next to none! Great guys to deal with.

The bias lighting will greatly cutdown on the blooming plus helps with eye strain on these bright TVs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dchak and MysticalOS like this.

Sony XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #5567 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
owl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
85" 900F and Sony 1000 Bluetooth Headphones not syncing

Thought I'd be safe and purchase the Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones for late nite listening on the 85" 900F. What could be more compatible, Sony and Sony, RIGHT? But Noooooo..... cannot get the headphones to sync. I tried for literally an hour and a half to sync these with the 900F with no success. Am I out of my mind? Does anyone here have Sony BT Headsets that actually work? I love the sound quality of these and would like to keep them but this is the main purpose. No problems syncing with my iPhone. Spotify sounds fantastic... Help!
owl1 is offline  
post #5568 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Coercion Shaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kaye View Post
Hey guys looking for a bit of advice here regarding using an Xbox One X with this TV. I have a PS4 Pro on HDMI 2, and the Xbox on HDMI 3, so both on the "Enhanced" inputs, and both have Enhanced mode on.

On the PS4 Pro, as I mentioned many pages back, as long as I have Auto Picture Mode automatically selecting Game Mode for me, the picture is good with no banding.

The problem is, for some reason, Auto Picture Mode doesn't recognise the Xbox One X and won't select Game Mode automatically so I have to do it myself. This results in even worse colour banding than I saw with the PS4 Pro if I were to manually select Game Mode with that.

Now, if I manually select "10-bit" instead of "8-bit" colour depth in the Xbox One X settings, the banding is resolved. However, from what I understand, 10-bit really is only meant for HDR enabled games, and the Xbox One X dashboard/home screen where I initially see the banding is SDR, as would any non-HDR games be.

My question is, this seems to be an issue, I'm guessing, with this TVs ability to convert/upscale 8-bit content correctly in Game Mode to "fit" with the 10-bit panel of the TV. Is there any real downside with forcing the Xbox One X into "10-bit" even for SDR content? It totally resolves the banding, and I don't see any other negative picture issues by doing so... but technically it's making the Xbox "upscale" 8-bit to 10-bit right? Is that a bad thing if the TV is failing to do so adequately?

As a test, have you connected the Xbox to HDMI2 to see if you have the same issue or if it works correctly? Is the Xbox connected directly to HDMI3 when this occurs or are you running through some other device (like a receiver)?

I actually have my sound bar on the ARC port and switch between the XBox One X and PS4 Pro on HDMI2, so I can't say whether or not I have that issue on this TV.

Any processing you add may give additional lag in gaming.
Coercion Shaman is offline  
post #5569 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 AM
Member
 
Falonious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West MI
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kaye View Post
Hey guys looking for a bit of advice here regarding using an Xbox One X with this TV. I have a PS4 Pro on HDMI 2, and the Xbox on HDMI 3, so both on the "Enhanced" inputs, and both have Enhanced mode on.

On the PS4 Pro, as I mentioned many pages back, as long as I have Auto Picture Mode automatically selecting Game Mode for me, the picture is good with no banding.

The problem is, for some reason, Auto Picture Mode doesn't recognise the Xbox One X and won't select Game Mode automatically so I have to do it myself. This results in even worse colour banding than I saw with the PS4 Pro if I were to manually select Game Mode with that.

Now, if I manually select "10-bit" instead of "8-bit" colour depth in the Xbox One X settings, the banding is resolved. However, from what I understand, 10-bit really is only meant for HDR enabled games, and the Xbox One X dashboard/home screen where I initially see the banding is SDR, as would any non-HDR games be.

My question is, this seems to be an issue, I'm guessing, with this TVs ability to convert/upscale 8-bit content correctly in Game Mode to "fit" with the 10-bit panel of the TV. Is there any real downside with forcing the Xbox One X into "10-bit" even for SDR content? It totally resolves the banding, and I don't see any other negative picture issues by doing so... but technically it's making the Xbox "upscale" 8-bit to 10-bit right? Is that a bad thing if the TV is failing to do so adequately?

Xbox One X 4K HDR TV Setup & Video Settings EXPLAINED!

perpotator likes this.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
T. E. Lawrence
.
Falonious is offline  
post #5570 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 05:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 View Post
Thought I'd be safe and purchase the Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones for late nite listening on the 85" 900F. What could be more compatible, Sony and Sony, RIGHT? But Noooooo..... cannot get the headphones to sync. I tried for literally an hour and a half to sync these with the 900F with no success. Am I out of my mind? Does anyone here have Sony BT Headsets that actually work? I love the sound quality of these and would like to keep them but this is the main purpose. No problems syncing with my iPhone. Spotify sounds fantastic... Help!
they should work
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00159290
dwhitton is offline  
post #5571 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 05:41 AM
Member
 
pm dureska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I am thinking of buying this tv but I need to know the "footprint" of the stand on the 65 inch tv. I my current stand has a semicircular glass top and I just want to make sure the tv stand will fit properly. thanks
pm dureska is offline  
post #5572 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 05:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman View Post
As a test, have you connected the Xbox to HDMI2 to see if you have the same issue or if it works correctly? Is the Xbox connected directly to HDMI3 when this occurs or are you running through some other device (like a receiver)?

I actually have my sound bar on the ARC port and switch between the XBox One X and PS4 Pro on HDMI2, so I can't say whether or not I have that issue on this TV.

Any processing you add may give additional lag in gaming.
I haven't actually tried it on HDMI 2 yet, but I will do so now and report back. I have nothing else connected to HDMI 3/ARC, just the Xbox.



Edit: Tried HDMI 2 and it's the same thing :/

Is there a downside to forcing the Xbox to output in 10-bit for non-HDR content? Will I LOSE any quality?

Last edited by Steve Kaye; 12-27-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Steve Kaye is offline  
post #5573 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 05:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falonious View Post
Xbox One X 4K HDR TV Setup & Video Settings EXPLAINED!

https://youtu.be/SHVJYB-Qews

Lol this was one of the first things I checked out before setting up the Xbox. His settings seem to be primarily for watching 4K Blu Rays as opposed to games... That being said, I pretty much have the same settings on mine regardless.
Steve Kaye is offline  
post #5574 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:04 AM
Member
 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there still an issue with the Apple TV 4k content match darkening the screen? My friend just got the 75" 900f and the internal apps seem much brighter then the Apple TV 4k. It has me thinking not to get the Z9D I was getting ready to purchase.
buildbright is offline  
post #5575 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm dureska View Post
I am thinking of buying this tv but I need to know the "footprint" of the stand on the 65 inch tv. I my current stand has a semicircular glass top and I just want to make sure the tv stand will fit properly. thanks
The 65" occupies a space of 45 1/2" x 11" deep (with the legs spread outward.)
LeeSoFl is online now  
post #5576 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,028
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6409 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD1225 View Post
Definitely worth the extra 10”. I went from a 65 plasma to the 75” 900F. Wouldn’t even consider going back to 65”. Lovin’ my Sony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
I'm in your exact situation. I bought the 65 inch C8 in March. Loved it, but didn't realize I undershot my room until my basement was complete and everything was moved in (I sit 13 feet away with a 4 person couch, complimented by some rarely used side seating). I just sold my C8 and have ordered the 75 900F arriving Sunday. The 65 was on the "good size" scale. By my calculations the 75 will be on the "wow that's big" scale, which is what I want. I also never really watched movies in pitch black. One of those learn as you go type things I suppose.
Many just think, oh it is 10" bigger diagonally, no big deal. That is ten inches bigger across the top and 10" down the side which equals about 38% more screen, HUGE difference
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #5577 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:13 AM
Member
 
AleStrife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, the furniture where I placed the TV is lower in height than the sofa where I'm sitting. The ideal would be to have the eye line of sight that is halfway up the tv panel, right?
Mine is 3/4 and I seem to see the blacks 'more grey' because of that.
AleStrife is online now  
post #5578 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
I'm glad you didn't take my response the wrong way!

Yes, DV is definitely "darker" in general, when compared to regular SDR content but I think that's the way it is. It's also like this on my LG 65C7P OLED. I guess it's just the nature of the best. But I have to say this though. Even while it's generally darker, it still looks amazing.

BTW, if you plan on watching this TV in a dark room, I strongly recommend installing bias lighting. I am using the lights from MediaLight and these are true 6500K bias lights. Plus the customer support is next to none! Great guys to deal with.

The bias lighting will greatly cutdown on the blooming plus helps with eye strain on these bright TVs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're the man. Thanks for taking the time to respond and honestly you helped solve two of my biggest concerns. Since we're both using the (similar) OLED as a reference point, and I was perfectly happy with the DV content on it when I watched it knowing it's darker then SDR, my worries are alleviated. Also thanks for the recommendation on the medialite. I just reached out to the guy and wow... he definitely goes above and beyond! Looking forward to this bad boy on Sunday. I slapped a 5 year Geek Squad protection plan on it. Probably overkill but I'm pretty sure my wife's words were "box another TV up and I'll divorce you." So yea.... marriage insurance
Ben Larkins is offline  
post #5579 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm dureska View Post
I am thinking of buying this tv but I need to know the "footprint" of the stand on the 65 inch tv. I my current stand has a semicircular glass top and I just want to make sure the tv stand will fit properly. thanks
I have the 75 but you can place the foot inward instead of outward , I see this hack , so less footprint way less wide . could not find the video anymore , but take the right and left stand and you invert them , look how they go out they will go in the same inward , you will save at least 20 inch and the set is still stable

Last edited by dwhitton; 12-27-2018 at 06:37 AM.
dwhitton is offline  
post #5580 of 9168 Old 12-27-2018, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,381
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Larkins View Post
You're the man. Thanks for taking the time to respond and honestly you helped solve two of my biggest concerns. Since we're both using the (similar) OLED as a reference point, and I was perfectly happy with the DV content on it when I watched it knowing it's darker then SDR, my worries are alleviated. Also thanks for the recommendation on the medialite. I just reached out to the guy and wow... he definitely goes above and beyond! Looking forward to this bad boy on Sunday. I slapped a 5 year Geek Squad protection plan on it. Probably overkill but I'm pretty sure my wife's words were "box another TV up and I'll divorce you." So yea.... marriage insurance


If you already contacted MediaLight, tell them you want the QuadXL lights! These are new and will begin shipping in a week or so. I had purchased their Quad lights but they were rather short on our 85" behemoth. They will replace my Quad with their new Quad XL free of charge! Great guys indeed.

Oh wait, disregard. You are getting the 75". The regular Quads should work fine with the 75" model.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off