2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 212 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4692Likes

post #6331 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
And you just significantly added to his pocket. He does this, like his bogus setups and sensational titles to be controversial and get clicks. Has nothing to do with helping his viewers. It's a shame that Vince ever even acknowledged him. Just gave him more ammo for clicks.

Meh, he has 10k subs and his vids rarely break 10k views. He’s making very little money, if any since he’s already had one channel shut down. YouTube earnings are roughly $1 per 1000 views. Just a PSA not listen to this clown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6332 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there a TV of similar size to the 85” 900F that’s very close in quality but with noticeably better off-axis viewing?
post #6333 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 310
NVM....lol

Sony 75X900F / MediaLight Quad 6500K
Sony X800
Denon X4400H / Outlaw 5000 (5.2.4 Atmos) AIRCOM T9
Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, Klipsch RS-52 II, Klipsch RP-500SA
SVS PB-3000 x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6334 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi everyone,

I started reading the forum before buying my Sony 900F during the Black Friday Sales and after reading a lot I arrived to the conclusion that I couldn't get a better LED TV for that price range ( I got the 55" for 999 €; I live in Spain)
I'm not a TV expert but I like to be up to date with the new technologies and know a little bit about how they work and the inconviniences that every technology has.
My previous tv's were a Samsung Plasma 52" from 2010 wich I had in my livingroom ( I don't remember the model) and a 37" LG 3D from 2012 wich I had in my Bedroom.
I bought the Sony for my Bedroom because I had to replace my Samsung Plasma a year ago with my first 4k tv ( a Panasonic TX-EX633E) and my first impressions with the Sony were really good ( I was specially amazed with the picture quality with some Youtube 4k HDR videos).

The case is that I had my first disappointment upon discovering something that for me was unknown so far and that was described here in the forum as the "Blooming" effect (watching Stranger Things in Netflix Dolby Vision). After reading a lot I came to the conclusion that this was something unavoidable with the FALD techonology and the LCD-LED displays nowadays and that I probably could't find a better LED TV within that price range.

But I'm writing that post because the last few weeks I have been noticing some picture quality issues with my TV. It's hard to describe but I have begun to appreciate some " backlight flashing" during scene changes ( it's like the backlight raises the brightness for a very short amount of time when the scenes changes, specially from a dark to a bright scene ). I watch the Tv in the dark with Bias Lighting and I find that quite annoying.
Also, in bright scenes I think that bright objects and especially white objects are too bright, making hard to distiguish details and negatively influencing the picture quality (In SDR content I have brightness at 7 ). Another problem that I appreciate apart from the flashes and very bright images is one opposite to that described; in dark scenes it seems that the brightness is reduced too much and very little detail is seen in the image causing a washed and blurred image.
I don't appreciate those problems all the time, it seems that depending of content they are appreciated to a greater or lesser extent and that's driving me crazy because I really don't know if there really is an issue with my TV and I would like to have some opinions before contacting Sony's Tech Support.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.
post #6335 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 310
@AdamWestingson

Welcome to the avsforums...

Since settings on your tv can make or break the picture quality you may want to visit the Sony X900F owners settings thread to see how other have their tv's setup. The setting may or may not improve your picture, but it's a good place to start.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...gs-thread.html

Backlight flashing could just a auto local dimming setting, or could be a low quailty cable depending on what kind and how you devices are connected together. what sources are the problem? HDMI, Cable/antena, Disk player, are you running through a AVR?

A little more info would be good.

Blooming in HDR/DV content has been the only down side to the X900F, but this too can be minimized with settings, and good bias lighting behind the TV.

Sony 75X900F / MediaLight Quad 6500K
Sony X800
Denon X4400H / Outlaw 5000 (5.2.4 Atmos) AIRCOM T9
Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, Klipsch RS-52 II, Klipsch RP-500SA
SVS PB-3000 x2
post #6336 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What is up with all this talk about Blooming??? I just got my 75" X900F today and im SUPER IMPRESSED!!! These complaints about Blooming was the only reason i held out on the X900F for the past 2 months, after going through 6 TV's i finally went for it i notice very little to no blooming here!

In the past 2 Months, i went through a 75" Q6FN, a 65" Z9D, a defective 75" Q7FN, and 3 65" Q8FN's all with bad DSE, and the X900F is my fav TV of the bunch right up there with the Q8!!!

Took some pics of my Panel, so far so good, was really worried about the lottery!

Ricoflashback likes this.

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-18-2019 at 03:47 PM.
post #6337 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes I mostly sit on center as well as have buas lighting. I'll try the 50 on black level.

The pics you showed about no backlighting aren't the images where it will happen. You need black or dark backgrounds. Space, white text on black. The blooming isn't horrible but unfortunately there. Hopefully a firmware update can tweak it.
post #6338 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5347 View Post
Yes I mostly sit on center as well as have buas lighting. I'll try the 50 on black level.

The pics you showed about no backlighting aren't the images where it will happen. You need black or dark backgrounds. Space, white text on black. The blooming isn't horrible but unfortunately there. Hopefully a firmware update can tweak it.
I didn't notice any blooming during the credits either. Maybe I'm just too use to my 2016 LGUH8500 that blew up on me a few Months back, now that had some serious blooming, subtitles, texts, ect. I was just expecting WAY worse from how often it is talked about with the X900F, something similar to my LG. Glad i set my expectations low, very happy with this TV! 😁

I set me up with some Bias lighting aswel. Lovin IT!

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-18-2019 at 04:29 PM.
post #6339 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 05:00 PM

Hi @CaptinCrunch

My settings are:
Picture Mode Custom
Brightness 7
Contrast 90
Gamma 0
Black Level 50
Black Adjust off
Adv. Contrast enhancer Off
Auto local dimming High
X-tended Dynamic Range Off
Colour 54
Colour temperature Expert 1
Live Colour Low
Sharpness 20
Reality Creation Auto
Random noise reduction Auto
Digital noise reduction Auto
Smooth gradation Low
Video options All Auto

With these settings I don't notice nearly any blooming but I notice the problems mentioned before via Netflix APP and Cablte TV(1080i). Sometimes the picture seems right and sometimes it looks dim and washed out in dark scenes or brightening too much whites with those spontaneous backlight flashes between scene transitions. It's really weird I don't know what it could be, maybe the FALD Backlight light going crazy?
Thanks for your help
post #6340 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 05:00 PM

Hi @CaptinCrunch

My settings are:
Picture Mode Custom
Brightness 7
Contrast 90
Gamma 0
Black Level 50
Black Adjust off
Auto local dimming High
Colour 54
Live Colour Low
Sharpness 20
Reality Creation Auto
Smooth gradation Low
Video options All Auto

With these settings I don't notice nearly any blooming but I notice the problems mentioned before via Netflix APP and Cablte TV(1080i). Sometimes the picture seems right and sometimes it looks dim and washed out in dark scenes or brightening too much whites with those spontaneous backlight flashes between scene transitions. It's really weird I don't know what it could be, maybe the FALD Backlight light going crazy?
Thanks for your help
mhyatt5871 likes this.
post #6341 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I just played some Resident Evil 7 on this TV. It's a very dark game and this TV handles it so well. Best I've seen RE7 look. I'm surprised at how great this TV is for gaming.
srkmish likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #6342 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWestingson View Post
Hi @CaptinCrunch

My settings are:
Picture Mode Custom
Brightness 7
Contrast 90
Gamma 0
Black Level 50
Black Adjust off
Auto local dimming High
Colour 54
Live Colour Low
Sharpness 20
Reality Creation Auto
Smooth gradation Low
Video options All Auto

Thanks for your help
I take it these settings are for Cable obviously??? Brightness at 7 scares me!!! lol I prefer Samsung colors so i have to have my puples burning as far as movies and entertainment. And yes it makes sense you have no blooming since brightness is so low, brightness these days is not what it was on CRT's, it's the main cause for bloom. BTW Thanks for the settings, i will be trying these. 👍
post #6343 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
I just played some Resident Evil 7 on this TV. It's a very dark game and this TV handles it so well. Best I've seen RE7 look. I'm surprised at how great this TV is for gaming.
I only played RDR2 so far, but i feel what you are saying, It looks absolutely gorgeous! Considering the low color gamut of the X900F, i wasn't expecting such nice rich colors compared to my recent Samsung's (Q6, Q7, Q8), but yes, color has to be bumbed a bit for my liking, Quantum Apotheosis style color! 😁 Looking forward to playing RE:7 on this set, RE:2 Remake and some Alien Isolation!!! I'm a horror freak man, glad to hear the X900F is takin care of business in the horror realm! 👍
srkmish likes this.

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-18-2019 at 08:16 PM.
post #6344 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
I only played RDR2 so far, but i feel what you are saying, It looks absolutely gorgeous! Considering the low color gamut of the X900F, i wasn't expecting such nice rich colors compared to my recent Samsung's (Q6, Q7, Q8). Looking forward to playing RE:7 on this set, RE:2 Remake and some Alien Isolation!!! I'm a horror freak man, glad to hear the X900F is takin care of business in the horror realm! 👍
Yeah, I'll probably have to pick up the RE2 remake soon. I bet it will look amazing on this tv. I agree that RDR2 looks really good as well. That game is also my torture test for dirty screen effect. For some reason that game will really show you if you have bad uniformity when looking at the sky. Luckily, my panel looks great.
ExDeath likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #6345 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
Quote:
I only played RDR2 so far, but i feel what you are saying, It looks absolutely gorgeous! Considering the low color gamut of the X900F, i wasn't expecting such nice rich colors compared to my recent Samsung's (Q6, Q7, Q8). Looking forward to playing RE:7 on this set, RE:2 Remake and some Alien Isolation!!! I'm a horror freak man, glad to hear the X900F is takin care of business in the horror realm! 👍
Yeah, I'll probably have to pick up the RE2 remake soon. I bet it will look amazing on this tv. I agree that RDR2 looks really good as well. That game is also my torture test for dirty screen effect. For some reason that game will really show you if you have bad uniformity when looking at the sky. Luckily, my panel looks great.
Wow, funny you say this (about DSE) cause i just sent my Brother (who own's a X900E, B6 OLED, and C8 OLED...Yes irrelevant, but it helps to mention his stacks! lol) this pic of RDR2 with NO DSE!!! Really happy man, my 3 Q8's all had DSE in this shot! Returned everyone of them.

mhyatt5871 and ExDeath like this.

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-18-2019 at 08:42 PM.
post #6346 of 10987 Old 01-18-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Wow, funny you say this (about DSE) cause i just sent my Brother (who own's a X900E, B6 OLED, and C8 OLED) this pic of RDR2 with NO DSE!!! Really happy man, my 3 Q8's all had DSE in this shot! Returned everyone of them.

That's a big relief. Bad DSE is my worst nightmare.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #6347 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
I take it these settings are for Cable obviously??? Brightness at 7 scares me!!! lol I prefer Samsung colors so i have to have my puples burning as far as movies and entertainment. And yes it makes sense you have no blooming since brightness is so low, brightness these days is not what it was on CRT's, it's the main cause for bloom. BTW Thanks for the settings, i will be trying these. 👍
Yes those settings are just for Cable tv and Netflix APP with normal HD content.
For 4k I turn all the Clarity options Off except smooth gradation on Low and with 4k HDR or Dolby Vision the tv maxes out Brightness and switches X-tended Dynamic Range to High.
I must say that most of the content on 4k looks very good and just some content via cable tv or some Netflix HD shows don't look as good with those problems that I mentioned.
Well and some minor blooming with Hdr or Dolby Vision Content. Here's a pic I took from Netflix Sex Education show that is in Dolby Vision; you can clearly see the blooming in the black bar near the lamp (the phone camera is exaggerating the bloom quite a bit)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_110305.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	648.0 KB
ID:	2512904  
post #6348 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi guys, when sony android tv is shutdown, this is whats happening:
https://github.com/CiNcH83/bravia_atv2/issues/9

Lets say i unplug tv from electricity when its not in use to prevent this... does that mean that android will have to boot next time tv is switched on (because tv wont be in standby)? How long does that take?
post #6349 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by totaddy View Post
I read that x900f (and other sony android tv i guess) dont properly go into deep sleep mode (0.5W) when they are shutdown. Instead tv burns 20W for a while and wakes up constantly over night.
This is described here under power consumption & standby:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.jxlkqrgigfbv

The cause is "Google mobile". Is there a way to combat this, a workaround of some sort, a tweak in options? (plug it out of electricity is the simple one)

If you do find a solution, can you please share and tag me on it? This is something that is really driving me nuts. I have to manually turn off my bias lights after turning my TV off. Otherwise, they will come on for 7 seconds, every 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVC DLA-NX7 / 125" 2.40:1 Stewart StudioTek 100 / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / Apple TV 4K / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #6350 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Hey guys. I'm a new x900f owner as of a couple days ago. I originally bought a samsung 65inch nu8500 and exchanged it for this Sony. Not because I had any problems with the Samsung. It is actually a very nice TV with a great picture. But I really wanted to see the difference that Full array makes and I just couldn't settle into a comfortable place with the picture adjustments so back it went. I have to admit I was initially underwhelmed and disappointed with the 900f out of the box. It looked very washed out, not as vibrant and bright as the Samsung. After spending some time with picture settings I was able to get it looking pretty good. Still seems to be on the dark end of the spectrum for some material. Mostly Netflix and Amazon content. That's to be expected though. With the right source and material it's absolutely spectacular. YouTube 4k 60fps videos are like nothing I've ever seen before. Simply breathtaking. But if you want to see what this TV is truly capable of then I highly recommend checking out rogers Waters the wall concert Bluray. This is a 1080p transfer shot with a "red one" camera and I have never experienced anything so visually striking as this particular Blu-ray on this TV. Seriously guys, do yourself a favor and get this Blu-ray and watch it on the x900f if you are serious about seeing what this TV is capable of producing. I have specific settings for all of my concert Blu-rays that are much different than what I use for movies so you have to adjust the picture accordingly, but once you have it dialed in for live concert footage this is a sight to behold. If anyone thinks that the 900f does not get bright be prepared to be blown away because it is actually capable of blinding brightness with the right content. Blacks are as deep and inky as anything I've seen, even comparable to what I have seen on oled. Colors are vivid and vibrant, contrast is crisp and clear. On the song comfortably numb, about 3/4 of the way through, the wall crumbles away to every color of the rainbow as the sun rises behind the bricks that are falling and it is so bright that I actually have to squint. I was honestly contemplating exchanging this TV and trying my luck with a vizio P or even going back to the Samsung because I simply wasn't feeling like it was a $400 improvement. But after seeing what this TV is capable of with the proper picture settings coupled with seriously high quality source material I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it. I'm not sure anything can touch this set in this mid range bracket for this price. Let me know if anyone wants to know what settings I have in place for this particular Blu-ray to get the eye popping results I'm experiencing. I'm not at home at the moment but I would be happy to post my settings later if needed. Check out this Blu-ray if you can and see what this TV can really do.
post #6351 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 01:32 PM

Hello friends. Has anyone managed to make games with Dolby Vision work on TV? I tested the Mass Effect Andromeda and when activated Dolby Vision the screen turns pink and turns off the HDR. I did not test Battlefield 1 to confirm if this is an isolated problem of Mass Efect. I use a GTX 1070 with Nvidia driver 417.71.
dwhitton1 likes this.
post #6352 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by André Alexandre View Post
Hello friends. Has anyone managed to make games with Dolby Vision work on TV? I tested the Mass Effect Andromeda and when activated Dolby Vision the screen turns pink and turns off the HDR. I did not test Battlefield 1 to confirm if this is an isolated problem of Mass Efect. I use a GTX 1070 with Nvidia driver 417.71.
i have the same problem with a android box , screen turn pink if dolby vision is activated . i did not find the solution yet .
post #6353 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 06:42 PM

Liked: 0
Hi everyone. I just received my 75inch X900F and after all the excitement waiting for the delivery I seem to have got a defective panel

Can anyone guess what the below defect is. I tried wiping but nothing happened. I will most probably just send it in for a return/replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_165628.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	2513284  
post #6354 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1863 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by versicolor View Post
Hey guys. I'm a new x900f owner as of a couple days ago. I originally bought a samsung 65inch nu8500 and exchanged it for this Sony. Not because I had any problems with the Samsung. It is actually a very nice TV with a great picture. But I really wanted to see the difference that Full array makes and I just couldn't settle into a comfortable place with the picture adjustments so back it went. I have to admit I was initially underwhelmed and disappointed with the 900f out of the box. It looked very washed out, not as vibrant and bright as the Samsung. After spending some time with picture settings I was able to get it looking pretty good. Still seems to be on the dark end of the spectrum for some material. Mostly Netflix and Amazon content. That's to be expected though. With the right source and material it's absolutely spectacular. YouTube 4k 60fps videos are like nothing I've ever seen before. Simply breathtaking. But if you want to see what this TV is truly capable of then I highly recommend checking out rogers Waters the wall concert Bluray. This is a 1080p transfer shot with a "red one" camera and I have never experienced anything so visually striking as this particular Blu-ray on this TV. Seriously guys, do yourself a favor and get this Blu-ray and watch it on the x900f if you are serious about seeing what this TV is capable of producing. I have specific settings for all of my concert Blu-rays that are much different than what I use for movies so you have to adjust the picture accordingly, but once you have it dialed in for live concert footage this is a sight to behold. If anyone thinks that the 900f does not get bright be prepared to be blown away because it is actually capable of blinding brightness with the right content. Blacks are as deep and inky as anything I've seen, even comparable to what I have seen on oled. Colors are vivid and vibrant, contrast is crisp and clear. On the song comfortably numb, about 3/4 of the way through, the wall crumbles away to every color of the rainbow as the sun rises behind the bricks that are falling and it is so bright that I actually have to squint. I was honestly contemplating exchanging this TV and trying my luck with a vizio P or even going back to the Samsung because I simply wasn't feeling like it was a $400 improvement. But after seeing what this TV is capable of with the proper picture settings coupled with seriously high quality source material I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it. I'm not sure anything can touch this set in this mid range bracket for this price. Let me know if anyone wants to know what settings I have in place for this particular Blu-ray to get the eye popping results I'm experiencing. I'm not at home at the moment but I would be happy to post my settings later if needed. Check out this Blu-ray if you can and see what this TV can really do.

Suggestion - break up your post into readable paragraphs no longer than five or six lines a piece. Otherwise, it makes it much more difficult to read your post and more importantly - - have forum members read and comment on them.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #6355 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
What is up with all this talk about Blooming??? I just got my 75" X900F today and im SUPER IMPRESSED!!! These complaints about Blooming was the only reason i held out on the X900F for the past 2 months, after going through 6 TV's i finally went for it i notice very little to no blooming here!

In the past 2 Months, i went through a 75" Q6FN, a 65" Z9D, a defective 75" Q7FN, and 3 65" Q8FN's all with bad DSE, and the X900F is my fav TV of the bunch right up there with the Q8!!!

Took some pics of my Panel, so far so good, was really worried about the lottery!

Would you mind posting your calibration settings in the settings thread. Very nice image
post #6356 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 07:56 PM
Biased (but nice)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Send a message via Skype™ to Scenic Labs
Use the AC adapter with a universal remote until Sony patches the problem.

I tested a few solutions, such as a uninterruptible power supply that runs off of USB (otherwise, even in the off position, the dimmer will experience a half duty cycle flash every time power is restored), but after spending (wasting) a lot of time on it, I decided not to invest more time and money on developing a product that would be made obsolete if the firmware bug is fixed.

Here's more info about the bug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
If you do find a solution, can you please share and tag me on it? This is something that is really driving me nuts. I have to manually turn off my bias lights after turning my TV off. Otherwise, they will come on for 7 seconds, every 20 minutes.

Jason Rosenfeld
Scenic Labs, LLC
Publisher of Spears & Munsil Benchmark UHD HDR Benchmark.
Maker of The ISF-certified MediaLight 6500K Bias Lighting System
post #6357 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Biased (but nice)

That looks like a bruised panel. I'd box that up and exchange it ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keidy View Post
Hi everyone. I just received my 75inch X900F and after all the excitement waiting for the delivery I seem to have got a defective panel

Can anyone guess what the below defect is. I tried wiping but nothing happened. I will most probably just send it in for a return/replacement.

Jason Rosenfeld
Scenic Labs, LLC
post #6358 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenic Labs View Post
Use the AC adapter with a universal remote until Sony patches the problem.

I tested a few solutions, such as a uninterruptible power supply that runs off of USB (otherwise, even in the off position, the dimmer will experience a half duty cycle flash every time power is restored), but after spending (wasting) a lot of time on it, I decided not to invest more time and money on developing a product that would be made obsolete if the firmware bug is fixed.

Here's more info about the bug:

Thanks Jason! Do you know if I can program my Logitech Elite so it can control the lights? I wonder if custom IR commands can be programmed into the Elite.

JVC DLA-NX7 / 125" 2.40:1 Stewart StudioTek 100 / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / Apple TV 4K / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #6359 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Biased (but nice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Thanks Jason! Do you know if I can program my Logitech Elite so it can control the lights? I wonder if custom IR commands can be programmed into the Elite.

I'm sure you can. My harmony hub isn't as "elite" and I can teach mine. There are not shortcut codes, though. You need to find the learning mode for your remote. I don't have the manual for yours, and a quick google search didn't come up with it. I'll try again in the morning assuming we have power here!

Jason Rosenfeld
Scenic Labs, LLC
post #6360 of 10987 Old 01-19-2019, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenic Labs View Post
I'm sure you can. My harmony hub isn't as "elite" and I can teach mine. There are not shortcut codes, though. You need to find the learning mode for your remote. I don't have the manual for yours, and a quick google search didn't come up with it. I'll try again in the morning assuming we have power here!

Thanks man, I will keep looking as well. Stay out of the dark! LOl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page